Is this the best musical of the 2000s?

Is this the best musical of the 2000s?

Attached: 1234.jpg (1900x1266, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=81_Ew4qrcnY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The goose was in this gay shit? wtf

Attached: MV5BNDVkYWMxNWEtNjc2MC00OGI5LWI3NmUtYWUwNDQyOTc3YmY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182 (182x268, 14K)

The musical part of it is unimpressive and didn't have to be there; it's like they wanted it to be a musical for no reason. But I do like the film.

it wasn't gay at all you fucking retard

Unironically yes

This, I thought the musical numbers were lackluster overall

/thread

3/10 movie overall and the songs are just sleep inducing. granted, i expected an actual musical not a romance flick.

Goose is the absolute peak cuck. I have no idea how.can anyone worship him.
He is undefeated in his roles of whipped betas.

Poor Jacques Demy imitation. The musical numbers were slapped on the top of the drama and they were pointless.

Pick of Destiny

Team america

No movie musical is ever topping this for me
Sing Street was awesome tho

Attached: 51rKySEdlmL.jpg (333x500, 41K)

the only answer I can accept.

musical numbers played a put in the narrative to make fun of the ridiculous fake-ness of LA and what it's like to fall in love. The music and colours stop in the 2nd act for that reason.

the muppet movie

Clint Eastwood did a film adaptation of the Four Seasons stage play.
I haven't seen it but the Four Seasons have some great songs.

Attached: images (7).jpg (473x648, 58K)

Goose is loved for his kind, sensitive side not for being masculine

musicals are inherently gay

I don't get the hype around this piece of shite

>Why is La La Land so charmless yet so wildly overpraised? It is the work of 31-year-old Damien Chazelle, a movie buff turned director who has no knack for the popular culture he imitates and who is temperamentally distanced from the work ethic he takes as his subject. The two lovers in La La Land, Emma Stone as struggling actress Mia and Ryan Gosling as struggling pianist Sebastian, traverse Los Angeles’s showbiz subculture as projections of Chazelle’s own ambition. Their first stumbles, then inevitable success, glorify Chazelle’s own accomplishments and increase his sense of entitlement; it’s the same cliché that Chazelle tried passing off as unstoppable ambition in his previous film, the ridiculous jazz-psychodrama Whiplash.

>TV-bred and hype-oriented journalists, who are equally remote from pop culture and working-class life, are applauding the solipsism in La La Land as new and original. But their praise reflects only the cultural illiteracy Chazelle represents, an idiocy that has contributed to the breakdown of film culture this millennium.

>Sorry to get all esoteric about a movie most people will stare back at in dumbfounded disbelief, but La La Land (like Whiplash) is a departure from the old notion that movies should be edifying (much as we’ve forgotten the idea of public service as a virtue and now see it as a reward of egotism). A certain fundamental spiritual belief is missing from La La Land’s ersatz movie-musical conceit. Chazelle’s depiction of career conflict and erotic attraction in Mia and Sebastian’s romance — the un-lyrical cheeriness and nervously paced fantasy scenes — prevents La La Land from being a satisfying movie musical. He imitates the generic form but never imbues it with feeling.

Attached: 1520285199417.jpg (315x450, 95K)

>The opening musical number (“Another Day of Sun”), in which a traffic jam on the L.A. freeway turns into a dance routine by frustrated drivers who leap out of their cars and prance about dressed in pastel colors, is an embarrassment. Off-key in several ways, the set-up makes no sense, the song’s ironic uplift is cheesy, the choreography is chaotic, and the preening multiculturalism of the dancers (soon forgotten in the whites-only love story) feels forced and insulting.

Based King Armond does it again

Armond is truly based.
I watched that first musical number (traffic jam on the L.A. freeway) and could not continue with this movie.
I do not dislike musicals.

I like Whiplash

>first time watch
>felt depressed when they weren't married
>second time rewatch
>realized Mia was a whore who went for rich guy

Sorry sweetie but....

Attached: download (23).jpg (500x750, 104K)

Emma should fart in my mouth.

>goose sister gets blacked
>it's so in the background not even Yea Forums notices it

chazelle is a master.

More like La Di Da Land

With best Emma there is no doubt

commifornians so far up their own ass they think their boring ass lives are a musical

Based

>who has no knack for the popular culture he imitates and who is temperamentally distanced from the work ethic he takes as his subject.
I like that he shits on Chazzelle but his "critique" is full of wild speculation. Armond White writes about himself, not the movies he watched

>Liking musicals after the age of ten
Do you find most penises to be more salty than bitter?

NPC opinion. Retards like you love to watch sports where sweaty black dudes rub up against each other, but somehow a movie where people burst into song is gay, okay sure lmao

You forgot the part where she went away for 5y and Goose didn't follow her. What should she have done? Be celibate?

Not even fucking close

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

Is the film actually this self aware or are you memeing? I tried watching and always turned it off because the music is garbage

no, this is

Attached: file.png (400x600, 290K)

and Les Miserables

youtube.com/watch?v=81_Ew4qrcnY

great pick, user

>Trying this hard.

Say what you want about Lala Land bro, but you've got to admit, the observatory scene and the ending were the best parts and ultimately memorable.

Attached: 132169386078.png (369x406, 271K)

Every retarded faggot in this thread is wrong

Reefer Madness is easily the best musical released since 2000.

Attached: REEFER4.jpg (1200x794, 269K)

I don't really like Emma or her smoker voice but she's cute here.

based

anyone else cried watching this movie? holy shit that last few scenes

>duh you don't watch gay musicals so you must watch the sportsballs

No, it's Mamma Mia.

>Is this the best musical of the 2000s?
>posts a pic of a musical from the 2010s

It’s not even a musical.

Do you have an ex that you still remember and would like things to have worked between you?

Not him but i saw this twice with my ex. We have been together for 4 years and some months. I think that's where my profound dislike and refusal to watch this film stems from.

dont do this to me user