Why did the male audience celebrate this female-led action movie while movies like Captain Marvel or Tomb Raider failed...

Why did the male audience celebrate this female-led action movie while movies like Captain Marvel or Tomb Raider failed to get the same resonance?

(Obviously Captain Marvel outperformed it at the box office given it's Marvel.)

Attached: 59A0D818-8402-4BAC-BDBE-F854181628D8.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

by male audience do you mean Yea Forums incels? Because outside on Yea Forums all males love SJW movies like Captain Marvel and no one really cared about Alita

Alita had soul.

just because a movie has a female lead doesn't mean it's feminist propaganda like captain marvel

Literally every youtube review I watched had some sort of slander against Captain Marvel in comparison.
Never saw anyone dislike Alita

One is fuckable, others are not. Ultimately, this is the only metric by which men judge women

As it should be.

I dislike Alita. If you take away the extreme level of violence, it's basically the worst kind of YA lit trash adaptation. Everything outside of the cybergore is kids movie level and I don't mean the "enjoyable for all ages" type kids movie, but the "only actual pre-teen kids can enjoy this" type kids movie.

Alita is a character, not an allegory for an outdated political movement

Alita is an action movie that happens to have a female lead, and Captain Marvel is feminist propaganda disguised as an action movie.

Sneeders
Feeders Seeders

A female presenting robot isn't a woman. Most men will become female presenting robots when the time comes.

Attached: D03SUGOWkAAwn0b.jpg large.jpg (750x500, 50K)

Her character is legitimately endearing and likable.

I remember in the first minutes of movie when I saw her giant eyes I thought "oh boy, let's ride the cringe carousel now" because most movies with female leads are unwatchable, but as the story went along I found myself more and more interested in her character.

Even though it is a female lead, she is not treated like most female characters, being protected by the plot from emotional harm. She loses and sacrifices a lot, making her more relatable than movie characters like Captain Marvel, that cared less about the stuff in her world than I did.

Attached: comfy.jpg (1401x1373, 513K)

>he wouldn't become a flying dildo, a giga nazi nigger, or a weaponized drone
Low IQ

Alita was a shit movie and fuck you fags who keep spamming it here

We're not faggots for not wanting to sleep with you. You're not a real woman.

It was a fun movie that wasn’t pandering or pushing an agenda

The male audience didn't.
The tranny audience did.

Alita was a girl-power movie through and through. Nauseatingly so. That barroom brawl scene was just embarrasing to watch.

She's a fucking advanced robot, you retard. Of course she's strong. Nothing in the movie made a point that she was strong BECAUSE she was female. Are you that thick?

back into your discord tranny

Alita actually have more feminist propaganda then captain marvell, but no one seems to notice this. There was even a scene where gender roles were switched - Alita presented her heart to her boyfriend, meaning that she's a knight in shining armor and he is her princess.

Because fungus.

>Alita presented her heart to her boyfriend, meaning that she's a knight in shining armor and he is her princess.
No that meant she is a robot who can pull out her heart and would do so for Hugo.

captain Fungus had shit like the army instructor telling her she will never make it for being a woman etc.
Only saw the trailer but I'm sure it's exactly as bad as I imagine it.

Regardless of Alita, Capital Fungus and Womb Raider were both shit movies first and foremost. One was just badly made incomprehensible capeshit in a long line of shitty capeshit, and the other a farily boring by the books adventure movie, both starring leads with no charisma to speak of.

It's a fucking allegory, don't take it too literally. Of course she did that because she's a robot and she can do that, but the subtext is kinda obvious. They even shot this scene with Hugo in the upper position and Alita in inferior - just like a knight who kneeled before his princess.
Captain Marvel was just overall shitty comic book flick, all feminist stuff is too superficial and they throw it in your face. Alita is feministic character that was done right.

Attached: snapshot_01.20.47.658.jpg (1008x422, 61K)

Can we agree that was pretty intense huh?

>Tomb Raider
Did similar numbers to previous movies. The main issue is that TR is all about mystery, puzzle solving and exploration. The movie lacks this gameplay. I remember spending hours exploring Karnac temple in one of TR games.

Alita was allowed to have scenes of actual vulnerability, like Ripley was.

Being a badass is more impressive when you get to see the work put into maintaining the composure.

The incel audience isn't the male audience. The male audience, like audiences in general, mostly ignored it. Incels latched on to it not because they liked the movie, but because Captain Marvel was coming out at roughly the same time and they wanted something to like Alita to use as the incel equivalent of "look, I have a black friend!"

Gally has been my waifu since 1993 and it is genuinely painful to see alt-right faggots trying to associate her with their stupidity.

Attached: 5Page160.jpg (771x1132, 186K)

Stop dilating. You will never be a woman.

retard.

Because female characters coming from animes have often a better writing than western characters for feminist propaganda.

Attached: 1546016770268.jpg (1600x1200, 315K)

Because Alita actually encountered some difficulty that wasn't "Women can't fight, lol"
Action scenes carry more weight when you believe the character can fail

>Capeshit
>Cybercapeshit
>NuRaider shit
>this shit is better/worse that that other shit
They are all the same

please don't compare movie alita to Ripley

>all the things she said