Is Grave of the Fireflies the most depressing fictional work ever?

Is Grave of the Fireflies the most depressing fictional work ever?

Attached: Grave of The Firefles.jpg (600x321, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lwtBFx6MoMw&t=100s
youtube.com/watch?v=-TuvoRVR2FY
burnabynow.com/news/comfort-women-statue-proposal-riles-group-of-japanese-canadians-in-burnaby-1.1798189
youtube.com/watch?v=vgT4Y30DkaA
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1e17rr/japanese_redditors_what_were_you_taught_about_ww2/
youtube.com/watch?v=7qV7xbAVOY0&ab_channel=AsianBoss
youtube.com/watch?v=lnAC-Y9p_sY&ab_channel=KnowingBetter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1890_Japanese_general_election
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>War is bad :(
Really made me think with its profound message

I didn't feel sorry for him because it was his fault his sister died. He killed his sister because he didn't want to get bitched at by his Aunt or whatever

No.

I cry even if I just hear a bit of the theme music.
Probably the only animated movie that I refuse to watch again cause last time it ruined me for days.

In This Corner of the World was far better.

That bears it's own tragedy. Anons like the faggot above think it's a movie about how bad war is. It's a movie about our failings as individuals. Our human irresponsibility and how terribly wrong things can go. But I don't think the movie went far enough.

Watch this

Attached: Nobodyknowsposter.jpg (397x529, 45K)

No, this literally made me want to fucking lock myself in my room & die for 3 weeks. Nothing will ever be as fucking sad & depressing as this

Attached: A Lolipop or A Bullet.jpg (366x500, 107K)

it's not even in the top 10
this

no

Attached: MV5BYTFjYjUzYmYtYjIzOS00ZDhhLWEwN2QtZTJkNDIzZmFmYzdjL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzM0MDQ1Mw@@._V1_.jpg (1000x1500, 305K)

Those poor cartoon people.. :(

What's your top 10 saddest fictional works?

u avin a laff?

It's definitely up there. I cried like a bitch when I first saw it.

I dunno I just can't feel sympathy for nips, don't talk shit if you can't take a hit

Grow up

Nah I'm fine thanks :c

Hey I watched this the other day. I don't know if I found it more sad than Fireflies but I did think it was highly kino and I cried. But David Bowie pulled it together and I found it slightly distracting realizing "holy crap that's Bowie." But that's anecdotal in retrospect. Not something audiences would have experienced at the time so I don't think Bowie's song is a knock against the film.

came to post this

1. Lolipop or a Bullet (Manga)
2. To the Moon (Game)
3. Mother 3 (Game)
4. Goodnight Punpun (Manga)
5. Clannad After Story (Anime)
6. Your Lie in April (Anime)
7. Final Fantasy X (Game)
8. Our Happy Time (Manga)
9. Full Moon o Sagashite (Anime)
10. Bitter Virgin (Manga)
11. Fatal Frame 2 (Game)
12. Crisis Core FF7 (Game)

If you didn't cry after finishing this you are a liar who didn't read it

Attached: Goodnight Punpun.jpg (1400x2008, 773K)

that's basically the point of the movie

the aunt was a cunt about it but it was about a delusional boy who clung to idealism and his sister died for it.

It neatly mirrors japan's nippon banzai shit towards the end of the war

The Human Condition

you probably thought the ending was happy didn't you

holy yikes

If all you got from that movie was “war bad”, you might wanna stick to your capeshit movies.

Requiem for a Dream

Undertale

> Westcucks seething about Japan making the best everything
Cope more

Why the fuck didn't the brother just get a job

Yes.
Especially if you know the backstory of the author

It’s essentially a memoir, he experienced most of what you see and the rest is “fantasy”.
he survived but he wished he hadn’t

Umberto D

When you are ready for grown up stuff.

The holocaust
*dabs*

Attached: 32F73177-4AB4-4E41-BAB5-5D759D6E6B30.jpg (1132x996, 118K)

This, most of it isn't "fictional" except for the very end.

>westcuck
all my favorite depressive media is all European but nice try

Quick rundown?

>ffx
>ff7 crisis core

As a final fantasy fan I’ll have to say kill yourself

>ghibli shit
>deep
I bet you also find eva deep

no that's we were warriors

NOOO YOU CANT BOMB US AFTER WE LITERALLY TORTURED AND BEHEADED THOUSANDS OF POWS AS WELL AS KILLING AND EATING THEM LITERALLY JUST BECAUSE WE WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT TASTED LIKE THAT'S IMMORAL

NOOOO ITS JUST A COINCIDENCE THESE JAPANESE ANTIWAR FILMS NEVER SHOW THE JAPANESE EVER DOING ANYTHING BAD AND ONLY SHOW THE ISLAND OF JAPAN IN 1945

Attached: soy panic.png (261x215, 19K)

The theme isn’t really anything deep.
Rather than a typical “WAR BAD!” film, it focuses on the people during a war.
Just selfishness.

no
but it is really fucking hard to watch
worst ghibli film DESU

new girl moves to town and makes friends with a depressedd girl. Mary sue girl gets killed by abusive dad. thats it.

Main character has extremely abusive father, main character is relentlessly bullied every day because her dad beat her so badly that she's partially deaf & walks with a permanent limp, when she's not getting beaten at home she's getting beaten by the boys at school. She was beaten so horribly by her father that she had severe stockholm syndrome and defended him when her mother left home & when the police initially intervened. Nagisa told everyone that she believed Mozuku was murdered, but nobody believed her. People all over town defended the father because he was famous & shamed the other girl for having a disability, everyone hated her except the main character who was her only friend. The Mozuku promised Nagisa they would run away together, when she arrives at her house the father says "She became sea foam", which caused Nagisa to have a severe panic attack, she runs to the mountain to find her at the last shot we see of her is her disembodied head and our protagonist is so depressed that the only line she can say is "Love is Depressing" before collapsing

What the fuck is wrong with Nips?

>to the moon
are you 12 years old or just homeschooled?

Attached: 1493174738644.jpg (332x417, 24K)

>based on the autobiography of some faggot
the faggot actually admited that his sister died because of him

Jesus fuck

ITT mutts feeling no self-reflection at having committed war crimes

unimaginable cringe
weebs leave this board now

> Westcucks crying about Anime on a fucking anime image board that’s software was named after a manga character
Go Back newfag

>he says defending a country that actively denies its war crimes
If Japan did Mai Lai, you'd be shamed and censored just for mentioning it

Pls grow up and experience more shit before posting in an adult site

Attached: ezgif-4-75c9ab6acb.gif (337x281, 2.64M)

There's a reason Yea Forums exists and its to contain your shit

>What's your top 10 saddest fictional works?
>4 manga
>5 game
>3 anime
not even 1 tv show or movie or any Yea Forums related media
nice bait

>Anime
>Manga
>(Weeb) Games

Attached: 3650548.jpg (253x310, 33K)

>WE WUZ WEEBS N SHEET
No one likes you

4channel isn't an anime site buddy, try the Yea Forums down the hall

This desu

^This. Japs were imperialist raping scum. Burning that Empire to the ground was the right thing to do and if some kids had to go without a mommy here and there so the fuck be it. Shit like that happened to Germans to. If they'd won, they wouldn't shed any tears for our kids. They'd laugh and sip wine to Wagner. Some people only understand the language of fire and blood.

Attached: General Curtis Lemay.jpg (426x480, 34K)

>fictional

The Japanese language should only be spoken in hell.
German and Russian too.

((Based))

Attached: original.jpg (1111x734, 499K)

It's my favorite antiwar movie because the smaller story works well as a metaphor for the larger picture.
The brother shouldnt've been a dick and lashed out at his aunt.
The Japs shouldnt've bombed Pearl because.
The brother's actions got his sister killed.
The Japs got their own people killed.
The brother deserved to die but his sister didn't.
IJA and IJN fucks deserve to die along with any support in the civilian population, but randoms don't.
But, such is life and the reality of war.

fuck you i like the german and russian language. They're kino as fuck.

>watch the film for the first time
>cry like a bitch
>watch the film for the second time with my sister who is 6 years younger
>cry like a bitch
>hear a laugh
>user are you crying?

What did she mean by this?

Now that's the proper interpretation. The only real victim in the movie is the sister, mother and probably the aunt.

Yeah but the Japs bought it on themselves

Always felt that was Threads.

Both deal with the horror of nuclear war however.

Ending to FFX is pure kino in Japanese.
youtube.com/watch?v=lwtBFx6MoMw&t=100s
>Tidus: I... have to go back
>Tidus: Sorry I won't be able to show you around Zanarkand. Laters.
>Riku: We'll meet again right? Right?
>Yuna attempts to hug Tidus goodbye, but can't
>Yuna: ... Thank you

After spending so long with the characters and seeing their relationship develop it's actually very sad. Especially how Yuna thanks him, it's very mature of her to be able to accept his departure in such a short amount of time.
Then she's on the beach whistling for him and it breaks my heart every time.

FFX2 took a big dump on all of it.

Lilya 4-ever
Dancer in the Dark

The Road, it was emotionally exhausting and bone- chilling, but unironically.

>It's my favorite antiwar movie because the smaller story works well as a metaphor for the larger picture.
Haven't seen many antiwar films, have you? That is literally every single antiwar film ever made. They are never are broad accounts of war.

Any heartstring plucking ruined by the opening showing that the MC and his sister are dead. Because you know it's going to happen, you don't let yourself become as invested with the characters. It also makes her death have a drastically reduced impact because you spend the entire fucking movie prepared and waiting for it. It's practically a relief when it finally happens. Shift the opening to the end though and you've got a film that can pull tears from a statue.

Unit 731

Attached: snek.png (4000x2573, 652K)

Weebs are all fucking children. There's no other explanation. No adult could consider this any good.

>offers up absolutely no alternative
Ah, so this is the power of western media.

I cried someplace in the middle but I thought it fell off by the end

>the aunt was a cunt for not giving a free ride to a deadbeat loser that didn't even try to help

The aunt wasn't in the best financial situation m8. The guy was a healthy, able-bodied male who could have at least done chores around the house.

Fucking weebs.

Jin Roh
A Letter to Momo
When Marnie Was There
Kagemusha
Das Boot

Not even the most depressing anime

Attached: Texhnolyze 22.mkv_snapshot_04.14_[2019.09.06_00.11.22].jpg (640x352, 121K)

This. Plus his sister was an annoying cunt, fyck her

Jin Roh wasn't depressing, it was inspiring.
One man's loyalty to expose a terrorist cell.

That show is pure pleb filter.

Grave of the Fireflies is the ultimate pleb magnet. Way to go being stupid enough to believe what others told you to believe, moron.

Attached: Manipulative Trash.webm (720x406, 1.2M)

Attached: 1511112276356.jpg (988x1059, 116K)

Why are brainlets so easy to emotionally manipulate?

Attached: Emotional Exposition.webm (730x410, 2.23M)

Blow it out your ass

Attached: FA2DDE3A-B5AE-44FC-8685-17EE2EBC2072.gif (375x206, 812K)

>fuck her
He did. And I mean literal, not figuratively or spiritually.

>Kimiuso 6th saddest thing ever made
Jesus dude.

BOMBER TIBBETS DO IT AGAIN

Attached: 1436923142962.webm (448x320, 2.95M)

My favorite is when weebs seethe so hard over America RETALIATING and acting as if Japan was innocent babies. Funniest part is that we're literally Japan's best friend(even though they're not ours). How do you reconcile weebshit?

Why do retards keep acting like the aunt didn't drive them out? Are you missing how resources were tight already and she wanted them gone? Sure he could have tried to go back and he did fail in other respects but that's such a lowbrain take, and I know the creator said it was about young people unnecessarily making things harder on themselves or something.

>The brother shouldnt've been a dick and lashed out at his aunt.
What fucking movie did you idiots watch? Holy shit

>Dancer in the Dark
hey yea that's a good one

>7. Final Fantasy X (Game)

Based

The whole fuckig story is sad as fuck, even the fucking parts you dont get to play like the adventure of yunas father tidus father and auron are sad as fuck.

/pol/ told me that was redpilled, and it didn't seem redpilled to me
in the end he really was fakewoke

pure kino

you are forgiven

Attached: 557b9e9cad7cb.image[1].jpg (400x279, 9K)

10 episodes of 1 litre of tears is sadder

>no mention of Evangelion

Oh I forgot this isn't Yea Forums it's Reddit.

>samefagging
I'm going to hope this was bait

>he goes to movies for intellectual stimulation and not visual and emotional stimulation

>japs slaughter millions of chinese, koreans, indonesians, thai and tai including massive rapes, crucifixions, babykilling, forced cannibalism, human experimentation, death marches, firebombing civilians and general ethnosupremecist nonsense
>japs get the nuke
>"WAT FUCK AMERICA DIS CRIME FAR TO SEVEER NEVA FOGET"
Die, weeb

you haven't seen Idi i Smotri have you

>itt japanese cucks

USA FUCK YEH NUKE EM

Myazaki himself said the movie because of how hard the parent's of young generation in the 80's had it and their ungrateful kids needed to learn a lesson on how bad it really was. They also changed the story by having the brother die in the end when in reality the brother is the one who wrote the actual book and was alive at the time of the movie's release. This movie was nothing more emotional manipulation of the population by a man doing the whole "you kids got it some easy nowadays because back in my day..."

Her depressed me and almost made me have an existensial crisis because I related to the main character so much. This quote hit me hard, "Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt"

Attached: Her2013Poster.jpg (220x314, 91K)

Attached: 13171176658.jpg (943x946, 109K)

except it's not a myazaki film

What? It's not even his movie. And the dude who made it said it wasn't about war, it was about young people getting in their own way and not seeking out help when they need it.

Film wise plague dogs was pretty upsetting ngl

Books have made me sadder tho

Based

Attached: F23B494A-41A1-4A65-86F8-F0EF6ACB241A.jpg (750x918, 587K)

>However, director Takahata repeatedly denied that the film was an anti-war film. In his own words, "[The film] is not at all an anti-war anime and contains absolutely no such message." Instead, Takahata had intended to convey an image of the brother and sister living a failed life due to isolation from society and invoke sympathy particularly in people in their teens and twenties.[11][12]
literally the opposite, did you actually knowingly make up such bullshit or did you remember very wrongly or just regurgitate bad info?

That episode from Violet Evergarden with the dying mother and her daughter

ITT: people who are too cool to feel sad

Attached: 1519835318702.jpg (459x612, 114K)

Wouldnt call it depressing tho'...it´s just a bad made fiction.

The movie is not about war, it's a character tragedy or whatever. It might as well have been a hurricane that killed the mom and made them starve to death

You cannot debate this:

>some weeb talking about weebshit

He's actually an anti-weeb putting retarded weebs like OP in their place.

Grave of the Fireflies is a terrible film, and probably one of the most overrated of all time.

>he's actually le ironic weeb xD
fuck off. if you like any gookshit you are a faggot weeb.

sbasiba

>ironic weeb
I said anti-weeb, but ok, I can see you're a complete idiot with braindead reading comprehension.

>I-I'M NOT A WEEB, I'M AN IRONIC WEEB
>I-I'M NOT AN IRONIC WEEB, I'M AN ANTIWEEB
lol

I remember watching this guy do a review of End of Evangelion, and he made an analogy using a character from My Little Pony.

That's when I realised he was a fat faggot and I was never going to watch another one of his videos again.

>thinking the main theme is about war at all
big brainlet move there

*hits pipe*
Every war film is an anti-war film, bro

what the fuck is wrong with weebs? any criticism and they lose their shit and try to claim the entire site is devoted to animu, how fucking stupid can they be?

>this guy do a review of End of Evangelion, and he made an analogy using a character from My Little Pony.

Hahaha what the fuck?

>I remember watching this guy do a review of End of Evangelion, and he made an analogy using a character from My Little Pony.
Well, that's a lie.

The reality is, he's clearly more well versed than you are, and you're afraid of some legitimate criticism to a film you cried over.

Ok so I’ve read the Lollypop and Bullet manga. You people have no taste at all ffs that shit was so fucking cringy

most annoying film, because it was preventable, the MC is a stupid little shit

hate this film for the same reason

saddest cartoon ever, I know people who would be like this, waiting... waiting... waiting for help that isn't coming

>Requiem for a Dream
most overrated film ever made
no character in it is likable or relatable
and the music sucks too
they all deserve it

everyone in this thread loves cock
(except me)

kek

>NOOOO ITS JUST A COINCIDENCE THESE JAPANESE ANTIWAR FILMS NEVER SHOW THE JAPANESE EVER DOING ANYTHING BAD AND ONLY SHOW THE ISLAND OF JAPAN IN 1945
In This Corner of the World shows sex slavery at least.

It was just one person you stupid idiot.

just finished reading this manga after reading this thread and it really wasn't that sad
reminded me of Elfen Lied which is just ridiculously over the top edgy rather than depressing

>Elfen Lied which is just ridiculously over the top edgy rather than depressing
Luckily, those aren't mutually exclusive for everyone.

when it is so overdone that you cant take it seriously it is mutually exclusive
you can tell its trying so desperately hard to provoke a response out of you

>rape, pillage, murder, and torture all across south east asia
>"guys trust us, we're the victims here"

Attached: 1567447097378.png (820x721, 61K)

Yes I'm sure the main protagonists of the movie spend their childhood raping and pillaging

Again, different strokes. Some people can't enjoy things because one element sullies the rest, others don't have that issue. Elfen Lied was both silly and edgy at times, and emotional and horrific for me.

Attached: 1304282878804.jpg (550x438, 62K)

>Man you ain't never hear bout no dangol Japanese antiwar film talkinbout the danggum IJA warcrimes man. Ain't no 731 or comfort women movies yo, jus sayin man some dangol real bias in movies man, talkinbout like if every gotdang German movie man was Dresden yo

Attached: JL8VAj6.png (1280x800, 819K)

There's a fine line between a weeb and tranny.

>NOOOOO DON'T SET ME ON FIRE BRUCE-KUN

Attached: throw another nip on the barbie.webm (1280x720, 1.81M)

Remember there are Japanese-Canadians who SEETHE when the mere mention of comfort women happens
>burnabynow.com/news/comfort-women-statue-proposal-riles-group-of-japanese-canadians-in-burnaby-1.1798189

Attached: Japanese+canadians+deny+ija+war+crimes+centerhttpwwwburnabynowcomnewscomfortwomenstatueproposalriles (804x547, 122K)

Attached: 1566992021961.png (645x773, 11K)

What did you watch? The point of the movie and the short story it was based off of was that the brother was responsible for his sister's death because he didn't want to put up with his aunt

Getting rice every day while not even working is a better deal than starving to death in a hole. Obaa-san did nothing wrong.

Umberto D. and Bicycle Thieves are the most depressing films I’ve ever seen.

Why do Japanese make movies like this? Kraut war movies can be kino (Downfall, for example, and Generation War for TV) without whining "boo hoo the firebombed Dresden and raped our women Germany dindu nuffin it was just Hitler here's a slow motion animation of children melting"

do it again

Nobody is whining. Read the thread before making a fool out of yourself next time

He Has a point though. J*ps don't recognize their warcrimes as for example Germany did after ww2. Infact they're denying them. Then with the nuking and firebombing they're trying to play the victim.

Can't feel bad for japs during WW2 since they commited such horrid crimes that even nazis would be shocked. Just look at Unit 721. Fucking animals. Some people are wondering why japs are glad that US bombed them. Well, it makes sense. If US haven't done that, USSR would stomp them and take the rightful revenge.

Threads is much more depressing, it is also one of few films to give me nightmares.
youtube.com/watch?v=vgT4Y30DkaA

this is an anime website. Anime haters need to fuck off.

Attached: 7d1.jpg (402x402, 88K)

start shit get hit

Not even remotely you fucking redditor. Holy shit.

>anime about how painful war was for the japanese during ww2
okay

>he goes to the movies for prostate stimulation

Attached: 1554558451517.png (325x325, 147K)

That's not even the boiled down point of the movie, you absolute fucking cretin.
Hubris killed them, not the war. He couldn't swallow his pride and live a shameful existence like everybody in Japan and Germany had to do post-war.

>Undertale
Kek

What's the point of this post?

You think it wasn't painful to have your town and everybody you know firebombed out of existence? Should Germans also not complain about the atrocities committed against them after the war?

The point is that unlike the germans the japs have a fetish for victimizing their suffering while ignoring the suffering they cause.
Until the japs live up to the standards of germans, movies like grave of the fireflies is just propaganda.

>japs talking about war tragedy
they caused most of it, bugman war crimes are some of the worst ever committed

They deny them and enshrine war criminals in Tokyo.

NOOOO HOW DARE YOU BOMB US AFTER WE CREATED UNIT 721 AND KIDNAPPED MEN, CHILDREN, BABIES AND PREGNANT WOMEN, SAWED THEIR LIMBS OFF RANDOMLY OR LOBOTOMISED THEM WITH NO PAIN RELEIF, RAPED THEM REPEATEDLY, TOOK RANDOM ORGANS OUT OR STITCHED THEM IN ELSEWHERE, RAPED THEM TO INFECT THEM WITH DISEASES, BURNED THEM ALIVE, PUT THEM OUT IN THE FREEZING COLD AND SNAPPED THEIR LIMBS OFF, VIVISECTED THEM, USED THEM FOR GRENADE PRACTICE AND SPRAYED THEM WITH CHEMICALS AND ACID!!!! H-HOW DARE AMERICAN PIGGU RETALIATE AFTER WE KIDNAPPED THOUSANDS OF WOMEN, A LOT OF THEM CHILDREN, FOR USE IN CAMPS WERE THEY GOT RAPED AND BEATEN 30 TIMES A DAY, 3/4ths OF THEM DYING. NOOOOOOO WESTERN GAIIJIN MONSTER!!!! HOW DARE YOU GET MAD THAT WE HAD MURDER CONTESTS WITH INNOCENT VILLAGERS AND RAPED THEIR CHILDREN INFRONT OF THEM, FORCED THEM TO RAPE THEIR OWN PARENTS, AND THEN KILLED THEM!!! HOW DARE YOU GET MAD!!! S-SHAMFURU DISHONOUR AMERICAN PIGGU!! COMMIT RITUAL SUICIDE AT ONCE!!! HOW DARE YOU ATTACK OUR SOCIETY OF EMOTIONLESS CHILD RAPING INSECT PEOPLE WHO WORK 12 HOURS A DAY AND THEN KILL THEMSELVES!

Attached: 2D807587-D438-47D7-A0FF-E08B4576134C.jpg (470x432, 95K)

You have sad kino like FFX, but then you have shit like fucking crisis core

>WE CREATED UNIT 721
They kidnapped chinks dude it's not like they actually tortured human beings.

Majority chinks, there were russians and Dutch in there too

Japan had decades of anti-war movies, idiot.
They reached their own conclusions that the war was a mistake, unlike the Germans who have suffered through an endless bombardment of shaming tactics by their own governments since the war ended. The vast amounts of movies produced by German governments to shame themselves are propaganda, not this. There are no memorials to individual German WWII soldiers in Germany.

>russians and Dutch
oh nononono how evil japan.

Your anus will be getting a profound message soon enough.

It doesn’t have to be black and white. Somewhere in between germany and japan would be best. Acting like your country is evil isn’t good, but neither is actively censoring and shaming people who try and talk about uncomfortable facts in your country’s past.

>NOOOO HOW DARE YOU BOMB US AFTER WE FUNDED THE TALIBAN
Why care about anything when you can make a shitpost excuse for why every injustice deserved to happen.

They are white and therefore their lives are more valuable than insectoid japanese (who were also in there since they kidnapped homeless people and shit).

Nice strawman bro.

not really
fuck america

And you should try Kichiku by Yoshitarou Nomura.

This is the most crucial point to understanding the movie. The arrogance of the brother led to the death of an innocent and is the real tragedy of the film.

>russians and dutch
>white

lmao

>Japan had decades of anti-war movies, idiot.
Maybe that will all matter when their kids grow up knowing they were on the side of the nazis or what happened in Nanjing.

They do know that. Why should they feel bad about it if they weren't born?

Those nukes saved them from their crazy military leaders sending them to charge Americans with bamboo spears
Japs should be thankful that it only took a couple hundred thousands dead civilians instead of millions

ww2 didnt have any military heroes. all sides caused massive amounts of unneeded civilian casualties.

>They do know that.
Nope

reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1e17rr/japanese_redditors_what_were_you_taught_about_ww2/
youtube.com/watch?v=7qV7xbAVOY0&ab_channel=AsianBoss
youtube.com/watch?v=lnAC-Y9p_sY&ab_channel=KnowingBetter
>Why should they feel bad about it if they weren't born?
They should know about it. Feeling bad is another question.
Why? George Santayana

You think some braindead Redditors and stupid women walking to a cafe are representative of an entire country? Any Japanese mouth breather who ever watched 10 minutes of a war movie on TV knows what side they were on in WWII.

The ending removes the depressing element though, it's very hopeful. But yeah, the movie up to that point is a long series of soul crushing.

I didn't cry because I honestly didn't feel bad for anyone they were all cunts who deserved what they got.
Also that whole shit with the cult really killed any sense of seriousness the manga had going

This movie isn't bad in that respect, the references to the Japanese generals suggest that they do not care at all about the Japanese people.

Japan had no tradition of democracy until the US basically imposed it on them, a major reason Japanese politics even today is so lifeless. Germany didn't have much of a tradition of democracy prior to WWII, but they had the Weimar era, and there were elections during the Second Empire. And obviously Hitler and the Nazis got voted in. For Japan, whether the emperor or the generals, the people in charge are something they have no control over, and viewed themselves basically as feudal subjects. So they view the war as something that just happened to them.

HEY, UNCLE SAM PUT YOUR NAME ON THE TOP OF HIS LIST AND THE STATUE OF LIBERTY STARTED SHAKING HER FISTS

Attached: toby-keith.jpg (240x333, 21K)

Do you think all Japanese people are netouyous or those right wing old guys who yell at people using bullhorns from vans on the streets of Tokyo? Most Japanese people dismiss those vocal proponents of "Nippon Ichi" as braindead and obnoxious.

The Japanese response is very gray, in that the average person's take is that "it's too bad the whole thing happened, it was hard for everyone, time to move on", whether Japan or Korea and China. Which is culturally how Japanese people respond to most troubles, so getting a Western style admission of guilt or quest for forgiveness is never going to happen.

The most autistic weebs are usually the most vocal.

Right, the Germans need to stop arresting people who tell the truth about the holocaust

This movie was scored by Roger Waters, which is appropriate because my instinctual reaction to the movie was those lyrics from Dark Side of the Moon

>hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Attached: daisy-diamond.jpg (356x500, 27K)

>Japan had no tradition of democracy
so this is the power of american edumucation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1890_Japanese_general_election

Attached: 1942.jpg (529x894, 66K)

Barefoot Gen did it best
watch Fires On The Plain

this movie was a little bizarre but very good

Black Rain was better.

No.

Attached: 1557750080527.gif (1064x589, 981K)

Attached: 1377905979875.jpg (796x883, 179K)