Is she right?

Is she right?

Attached: 2019-09-09_14-45.png (720x398, 107K)

I don't know. I didn't read it

I mean yeah, that about sums it up. Not that it's a bad thing.

na, just a bitter cunt

why is it miraculous that a man who trained all his life as a samurai would be competent in combat?

Yes, when a man with ages of experience is competent its good and when a woman excells at everything she touches for the first time thats bad.

Because Rey too trained and they're basically the same right?

no she never trained with a lightsaber for one, and never trained against force users. She fought low level thugs with a staff. It's like playing soccer against some middle schoolers and then going right to the Olympics to play hockey

He doesn't win the final fight though. He goes swinging, but still.

Yes. You basically can't write a female main character in an action movie who's both competent and confident in her abilities without having everyone in the peanut gallery yell "Mary Sue" at her. That's how you get bullshit like the Legend of Korea cartoon where they go out of their way to make their protagonist a complete fuckup so no one will accuse her of being too good at things.

>Brat pitt
Is she the single worst letterboxd user?

Attached: 1553274666698.jpg (722x712, 106K)

playing soccer against middle schoolers and playing hockey in the Olympics are the same level tho

>she
>right
Cursed combo

Sally Jane Black is

>missing the point of a film so entirely
The point is the dojo are posers standing atop of formalism. Watch the movie. Reeeeee.

>read his mean streets review
>immediately begins complaining that there isn't any trans representation

Attached: 10638163030214.jpg (800x480, 237K)

maybe the women's soccer team heh

>she
I guarantee it's just some hyper faggot/tranny

>seething roastie doesn't understand art or cinema, more at 11.

Jesus Christ it really is true that women will never understand some movies.

Why do these fags need representation so much?

She has watched more movies than you'll ever fag

this guy

Attached: 1567397649302.jpg (1111x820, 225K)

They can only normalize their degeneracies through media reprogramming of the populace

I actually ignore reviews by pro users. Each time I see their reviews it's a load of shit. They're like the verified users of twitter

The difference is that they pay to be important

Yeah so? ""She's"" still a brainlet unable to understand art.

>She has watched more movies than you'll ever fag
And you could go fuck off back to /r/eddit where your post counts, upboats and karma is more important than the content of your posts too, faggot.

Female badasses who have never once been called Mary Sues:

>Princess Leia
>Laurie Strode
>Ellen Ripley
>Sarah Connor
>Clarice Starling
>Catwoman
>Ney’tiri
>Trinity
>Black Widow
>Yara Greyjoy
>Arya Stark(before her training finished)
>Brienne of Tarth
>Selene from Underworld
>Wonder Woman
>Lorraine Broughton(Atomic Blonde)

You know what they all have in common? They all earn it. You either get to see them survive to become badasses through virtue of their wits, courage, and tenacity, or they’re implied to have devoted their lives to becoming warriors.

Characters that became Mary Sues:

>Arya Stark(post “training”)

Arya was a huge disappointment because the lazy-ass writers started using her as a convenient means of plot resolution and manufactured drama. Nowhere are the Faceless Men implied to be physically superhuman, just supremely skilled and keepers of mystical means of disguise. Arya gut-wounded and thrown into filthy water should have been dead in days. Robert Baratheon wasn’t even wounded as bad as she was. Jaqen H’ghar is asked to kill Tywin Lannister and he flat-out tells Arya he can’t, not in the present circumstances at least, and even the kills she asks him to perform are shown to be risky, tests of even his great skill. In contrast, Arya can ninja past an entire army of the dead to one-shot the Night King.

Characters that we’re Mary Sues from their inception:

>Rey

Anyone who says otherwise is just lying to themself.

>Bratt Pitt review
>it's the most liked review

into the fucking trash it goes

what does aging mean here. hes like 30. its been a while but i think hyper competent is a stretch, its just that hes legit and his backstory implies so and the (((samurai))) are actual LARPing bureaucrats. he gets creamed the second someone shows up with a gun, is that what would happen to rey?

women don't understand movies

Underrated comment

fucking this.

Attached: cbd54e7df712dc3d960c11d2a2d38264.jpg (191x223, 7K)

Are these people even capable of conceiving a thought, creating a sentence, that doesn't contain a reference to their lowbrow disney movies?

>a samurai who trained all his life is good at combat
>he still loses to overwhelming numbers
woah wtf?
and fuck letterboxd. only people like this write reviews on it and they're all snarky passive agressive art hoe bitches.

all upboated lb reviews are either cool snarky gender politic shit like this, 17,000 word essays about getting over a self-harming phase in their late teens while being abused by their now dead religious stepmom inexplicably tied into whatever movie theyre reviewing, or some stream of consciousness word salad bullshit like "MaZe///In Slime, goddess filmed /to/ the ELement of [green]" usually in praise of a garbage movie they gave 5 stars to with their writing exercise. tumblr isnt sending their best.

Attached: cm.jpg (949x356, 72K)

Attached: pratbitt.jpg (681x314, 32K)

based

No, she is not. The old man even spells it out in the movie : he's better because he has battle experience while all his adversaries have never seen death in the eyes and are warriors in title and theory only. Just like they uphold traditions about honor according to theory and it all goes to the shitter when it becomes real and they should apply it to themselves, but they hide rather than commit suicide.

Battle hardened Ronin vs a bunch of inexperienced dojo fencing cunts who haven't so much as seen a drop of blood.

>Gee I wonder why he slaughtered so many.

Bitch needs to read a history book because this has happened time and again where well fed, well trained and experienced Samurai or Knights cut through dozens of poor peasants and inexperienced lesser fighters.

she is.

Attached: White working class cis man who decides to kill people motivated by his anger against inequality of. (756x755, 608K)

Honestly this.
You wonder how nobles lead their armies from the fron and lived through many battles, this is how. Even if they got from the horse they would slice through the plebs.

Patrick Bateman, working class hero.

I'll be honest with you. I think it might be the best film of all times.

>You wonder how nobles lead their armies from the fron and lived through many battles, this is how.
You're wrong. There was a rule against killing commanders, they were captured and ransomed. You know how the tiny country Switzerland held the Holy Roman Empire, France and Italy in terror? They enforced a rule about always killing the enemy commanders.

asian aging men who mastered sword combat would rip that stupid whore in half.

henry kills people because he has a primal need to not because of any we live in a society type of shit

Yes. Dumb movie.