When did you realize pop culture is just a cycle that repeats every seven to ten years?

When did you realize pop culture is just a cycle that repeats every seven to ten years?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75SWKre-ND4
youtube.com/watch?v=fzJsRJPo_e0
youtube.com/watch?v=P7IFaO0ueb0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seven to ten years ago, zoomer

First post best post.

Realistically though only fashion is roughly circular, pop culture is too closely connected to technological and political state of society, which has much larger cycles that aren't exactly cycles.

When I saw the matrix and realized I'd seen roughly the same plot in a tv episode or some shit before release.

Fpbp. We are done here.

This. I don't watch movies anymore, Thor 1 was my last time at the kinoplex. I WILL never go back.

fpbp

there are 20-30 year cycles too
there's a resurgence of 80s/90s stuff now in the 2010s

in the 2000s, we saw the slow rise of the hipster as they embraced daggy fashion trends from the 70s, and iraq became vietnam 2.0

back in the 90s, people were nostalgic for the freaking 60s and 70s

At what point should one unplug from it entirely? I'm getting pretty tired of most of it.

What was the matrix before matrix

Ghost in the Shell and Dark City.
>mfw peak Connelly

brazil

speaking of which, russophobia has come back in the 2010s

2020s will reflect the 90s moreso than the 2010s, then we'll enter the NWO in 2030 when agenda 21/2030 is complete, which will mirror the 2000s, probably with another false flag/war/crisis to be the catalyst
just like how people succumbed to the patriot act after 911, you will accept eating insect burgers and to live in shoeboxes

hardly

not dealing with the same themes, only had similar aesthetics

plato's cave

Now. It will only get worse.

Are you seriously challenging the fact that Dark City and The Matrix share probably 80% of their themes?

the commies never left. the media just stopped caring until the drumpf nonsense.

i really dont remember much from dark city, and i saw it in cinemas when it came out
it wasnt very good

you must have been asleep since 2013/2014, the obama admin became quite paranoid about russia when they stepped into syria and stomped on their pet isis, thats when they went strong russophobic and then stirred trouble in ukraine on their doorstep
and they've continued to use russophobia since, well into the 2016 election and present

bro the media barely gave a fuck about that compared to drumpf having a shit tan.

what series?

you need to unplug bananas from your ears

Why doesn't Yea Forums jerk off putan anymore :(

last time i went was to see jackass 3 and someone smeared shit on the inside door handle

I think you're onto something
the 80s saw the rise of the stronk womyn meme
characters like ellen ripley, sarah conner and princess leia
and what cancer have we seen emerge in full force during the 2010s?
hrmmmmmmmmmmmm

we even have those franchises remade with more feminist propaganda than before

they finally joined the dots
youtube.com/watch?v=75SWKre-ND4
youtube.com/watch?v=fzJsRJPo_e0
youtube.com/watch?v=P7IFaO0ueb0