What do you consider to be the single worst change from the various Special Editions of the original Star Wars films?

What do you consider to be the single worst change from the various Special Editions of the original Star Wars films?

Attached: star-wars-original-trilogy-changes-emperor-palpatine.jpg (786x310, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O3u70WELSEg
youtube.com/watch?v=J0EUjobdavw
youtu.be/4g6uAcoqcFY
youtu.be/NVhvZctGYL8
youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7FKO5DlV0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition
youtu.be/KV5QlSgq7lg
youtu.be/xNDaHiL5wII
youtu.be/O3u70WELSEg
youtube.com/watch?v=uQZUSM3Qa0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anakin's force ghost is much worse than this. The singing part in Jedi is really bad too. Also, the weird sound that Obi Wan makes in the Blu-ray is inexplicable.

anakins ghost hands down

Attached: comped.png (858x617, 571K)

Every single one

George Lucas

Attached: 1565015537798.webm (800x450, 1.45M)

probably the force ghosts since ive seen the movies so many times

1. Removing yub nub
2. Anakin's ghost
3. Emperors face

Your pic related. The dialogue change makes everyone dumb and it just sucks. And the old lady with the matted in chimp eyes was bettah. Actually disturbing. Moreover, without the buffer of time that the prequels enjoy in two respects at least, having a prequel-looking emperor in TESB is visually jarring thus objectively wrong.

Left looks like shit dude

Greedo shooting first, which completely ruins the character establishment for Han, and is just fucking stupid.
Showing Jabba in ep4, and having Han talk to him like Han is a school bully. It removes any feeling of a real threat from Jabba and he looks horrible (and way too small) as well.
Jedi Rocks is completely out of place and totally bizarre tonally.
Anakin's force ghost being replaced with Hayden was a big fuck you to longtime fans.

the stupid CGI singing scene is just retarded even for george, adds fucking nothing to the movie

Bobba Fett's voice. Love Temuera Morrison's voice but the original takes the cake.

This is pretty much everything that needs to be said

Sure, let's retroactively change every effect that hasn't aged well. Let's go ahead and insert modern CGI into every film in the library of congress. You are such a retarded piece of shit.

Let's colorize the black and white ones while we are at it

This was in theaters.

Attached: jabba-in-special-edition.jpg (620x264, 31K)

youtube.com/watch?v=O3u70WELSEg
Ruined the entire movie for me. Unfathomably stupid edit.

The musical number in the ROTJ special edition is quite possibly the most horrific shit I have ever seen in my entire life. It is like Holiday Special level bad. But I'd have to say retroactively adding Darth Vader screaming NO is the single thing that damages the films the most because it not only basically ruins the most pivotal moment of the OT but it also reminds you of one of the worst moments of the godawful prequels, and at the worst time possible. I seriously think by the time you get to the Blu Ray editions, Lucas had come to hate the fans and just wanted them to suffer.

None. Don't give a fuck. Barely notice the differences

KUNTA KINTE

Attached: 0784B34E-4F81-41FB-ADAB-A4F1A66286BA.jpg (383x354, 135K)

Then there are just the bizarre choices like inserting more rocks in front of R2D2 even though it makes the gap too small for him to fit through or making that door in ROTJ huge on one side and then somehow being the same size as it used to be once they actually go in. What the fuck was even the thought process?

No.

Are the VHS tapes untouched?

Jedi Rocks is the worst thing Lucas ever did. It's so bad I'm sure he did it and the other changes to piss of the fans, which would be pretty based tbqh.

shut up George

I feel that way most of the time about that scene, but if you watch III and then VI, it's kino.

George Lucas made the edit in order to drum up outrage online. It was part of the negotiating process with Disney to show how many people care about star wars.

yub nub is fucking horseshit. victory celebration is much more fitting and just better composed.

it's like poetry because it rhymes

The remastered thx edition with Leonard maltins intro is the last unedited version. It even says so on the tapes

I believe this

Attached: 1564436802176.jpg (1038x1038, 86K)

see

I'm not sure if he hates the fans or is genuinely autistic. There's not a single change that was good, even relatively minor edits like the ring explosion for the death star stand out as out of place and are distracting.

It became a meme, but I honestly think Han shooting first ruins his arc.

^This user doesn't Celebrate the Love. Pity them.

Attached: ewok-celebration low res for comfy.jpg (485x272, 20K)

Han not shooting first ruins his arc you mean.

this one is quiet a problem.
On one side, we have the original. is great, i love that image.
On the second one we have Sheev. Sheev is a fucking great character.
I would like to say "New one is gay as fuck", but is Sheev.

From what I know. This set is the last unedited one. I saved this set from a donation pile but I don't have a VHS so I haven't watched it yet.

Attached: 20190908_215751.jpg (2268x2268, 2.51M)

It does though.

Dude, I hated RotS for over ten years, then it grew on me after giving it a viewing on a lark. Sure. it's got a lot of problems, but Vader yelling "No!" at the end was heart-breaking. I'm telling you, if you give that movie a try, it's clear that it's at least 75% genius.

Yes, I'm a faggot.

Attached: 20190908_220116.jpg (4032x2268, 2.34M)

The changes made to those films don't bother me.. Change away. release and re release until your pocket's so fat you can't walk.. But it's the fact Lucasfilms have suppressed the original films to the point of them basically no existing anymore.

Even as a teen hyped for all things wars the additions were stupid and i had a big disconnect between im tryin to like this and this sucks. When the phantom menace came out, i knew that i was right and that lucas is a fuckin hack.

4 k 7 7, etc

Did you suffer a traumatic brain injury somewhere in the span of that ten years?

I just dumped two copies of this collection into the bin at Goodwill

Attached: sadyoda.gif (469x200, 758K)

agreed.

>that second paragraph

He's a fucking troll

Vader’s nooooo completely kills the emotional gravity of the scene where he kills the emperor, RotJ in general has the worst changes

>in its original version
>the adventures yet to come

in hindsight these come across as thinly veiled threats

Embrace the changes. Take it even further. Download Adywan's fan edits of ANH and ESB. Fantastic additions to the Hoth battle.

>This set is the last unedited one
Only The Empire Strikes Back is unedited. The closest you can get to an unfucked with SW trilogy is to own the 1990 versions *not* the 1993 "Definitive Collection". The 1993 ones have altered soundtracks and some slight visual sweetening, while the 1990 ones and before are sort of close, but still edited and not theatrical no matter what anyone says. At least TESB got away clean more or less. Lucas was enraged at Kirshner for that one, some other user can explain that one better than I can.

Have you whiny fags actually seen the unaltered ones?

I had the same experience. I was the world's biggest fan and then the Special editions really put me off star wars for a long time. I saw Episode 1 in theaters but ignored 2 and 3. I saw them later at home at the insistence of my brother.

What is this

Does a concussion count? Also I got nicer. lol Honestly, RotS ain't so bad and it's miles above the embarrassing at all times AotC.

Yes. When blockbuster still rented VHS tapes

My parents own the trilogy on VHS but i always assumed those were edited too

Just download the despecialzed edition. They use the 35mm original print and shit from the laser disc version.

are you fucking implying that the one on the left looks better? damn nostalgia is one hell of drug

Anakin's ghost and the ROTJ end song were great changes. I am glad George showed appreciation to prequel fans. Jedi rocks and han shooting last sucked though.

we're implying that you shouldn't retroactively change things about films that have already come out you fucking idiot

Yeah back in the 70s and 80s on the big screen. Haven't seen those particular versions since and neither have you.

I have the unaltered theatrical versions on the laserdiscs and on the Best Buy box set extra discs.
If Disney ever releases the unaltered theatrical cuts cleaned up on Blu Ray they'll have my money. C'mon you faggots. I know you shills are here.

yes, why do you think remasters/remakes exist? i know lets keep using vhs and watch everything in black and white tvs

Is there a MEGA link?

The sad thing for the autists here is, the special editions are the definitive editons for a lot of people.

What'd they change for the original home video releases?

They just re released the special editions and made Anikins lightsaber red on the episode 2 cover.

I didn't even know the one on the left existed lol.

You realize even Lucas shat on colorization, right?

>I have the unaltered theatrical versions
nope

>If Disney ever releases the unaltered theatrical cuts
If George Lucas never bothered to put back all the stuff that he cut out of SW and RotJ from their first runs in the theater to their introduction to home video, there's no way that Disney will cough up the money to pay a team of people to scour the vaults and then to do film surgery,

Any answer other than Vader yelling nooo in Jedi is objectively incorrect

Did you not like, They Will Not Grow Old?

bump for this.

I saw them in the theater when they were released.
I'm old.

Anakin’s force ghost is quite possibly the worst. Not to mention that George’s explanation for it makes no sense. He says that his ghost is young Anakin since he technically becomes Darth Vader during ROTS and that was the last time he was on the light side. Problem with that is that Anakin rejects the dark side and his being as Darth Vader in the final moments of ROTJ. His redemption is him coming back to his true self and realizing he was wrong. So his last moments of being Anakin and on the light side was 5 FUCKING MINUTES BEFORE THIS BULLSHIT CHANGE WAS MADE! I also see some speds try to defend it by saying “I always thought Anakin’s original ghost was just a random old guy.” Like being a literal retard is grounds to change that. I was 3 when I say the damn movie and it made perfect sense. Also fuck Yub Nub.

>Holiday Special
wass neat, as were the other straight to tv films.

Wait. The blue collection was the theatrical release. Gold box was special edition.

Agreed. Ewok only celebration seems lame.

My dad took me to the theater to watch RotJ, but we saw Dune instead. Based literal motherfucker.

1. Jedi Rock
2. CGI Jabba Scene
3. Anakin's Force Ghost

The first two literally fuck with the flow and tone of the movie and the third is a spit in the face of the original actor. The other changes are just nitpicks only faggots are concerned about.

Yeah, but the anakin 5 minutes before was permenantly deformed and has been for a long time. So it was either that deformed form or his young form. Why should he be some non-deformed old person that he literally never was?

Just curious, what is your opinion of the rest of the series?

Keep crying you dumb faggot. You like Disney Wars, don't you?

Torrent it. Literally no one cares. There is no other way to get it.

Attached: 1567611600465.gif (245x230, 617K)

Oops! I didn't notice a difference. I was talking about the 95 THX VHS collection.

For Return of the Jedi Lucas cut out the following in 1983 never to be seen again including in the film or at all:
>Luke communicating with Vader before he goes to Jabba
>the two droids with Luke before he sends them to Jabba
>a longer fight between Luke and the Rancor
>music during Obi-Wan's entire conversation with Luke
>the real straw that broke Vader's back, getting hit by shrapnel immediately after the super star destroyer Executor collides with DSII, which is the reason why every existing commerical copy has a nasty audible edit-rip sound between the flames of the crash to the stormtroopers

There might be a bit more, but off the top of my head I think that's the bulk of it for RotJ, but SW would take pages to explain and I don't wanna.

Anakin's ghost makes no fucking sense whatsoever, I have no idea what they were thinking

Don't forget the krayt dragon call from ANH.
youtube.com/watch?v=J0EUjobdavw

it's him like he was at the end only not deformed and fucked up anymore. Even as a child I found this obvious.

>damn nostalgia is one hell of drug
>he says, as he blindly supports the change because IT'S SHEEV FROM THE PREQUELS I CLAPPED BECAUSE I REMEMBERED SEEING THAT MOVIE IN THEATERS WHEN I WAS 5

Prequels are shit. Sequels are shit.
OT and like 10% of the EU are the only things that don't suck in Star Wars.

Your grandchildren are graduating highschool now.

There is no need to be so upset.

Jesus Christ. I'm old-as-fuck and I didn't know about these. Thanks, user.

The single worst change is this shit.
>three old friends that Luke knows and genuinely look like they care about Luke
replaced by:
>two old guys and one creepy looking young guy that Luke wouldn't know and looks like he doesn't belong there
To make it worse, it implies that Anakin never got redeemed and died an evil asshole even after saving Luke.

Attached: SpecialChanges.jpg (629x542, 42K)

No, my niece is entering college now.
My family was not whores having babies at 15.

>What do you consider to be the single worst change from the various Special Editions of the original Star Wars films?

Han shooting first. It looks terrible and it undermines Han's character.

I think Lucas did it because he added in that scene where Han meets Jabba back into A New Hope and if Greedo taking Han to Jabba wasn't a death sentence then him gunning Greedo down rather than going to see Jabba comes off as kind of villainous. Of course Lucas never should have added in that damned scene with Jabba either. It looks bad, its unnecessary, it hurts the pacing, and it undermines the tension of Han being on the run from Jabba.

PS: Taking the wolfman out of the cantina was also terrible.

Attached: Star-wars-mos-eisley-cantina-wolf.jpg (450x341, 29K)

Some people at Original Trilogy dotcom are claiming that the real original dragon sound is that one, not the other one. Yes, I am dubious too concerning that. Until someone proves to me that's on an original print, I'm not sold on that story.

>Greedo shooting first, which completely ruins the character establishment for Han, and is just fucking stupid.
>b-but it ruins my headcanon!
This will never not sound faggy.

Yeah, but he was never like that. He never looked like that at any point in his life. That just seems bizzare to me. It's like he is a new person. There is nothing wrong with the idea per se, but it hardly seems like the only valid way to have done the scene and in fact doesn't even seem like the best way. I always liked young anakin too because childhoold is often associated with innocence but thats just an additional fact.

You're right.
You do sound like a faggot.

This is pretty much what it is though, people fighting over the one they saw when they were kids.

The problem is not simply that it doesn't make sense in context. It's that for some reason Lucas used a shot of Hayden Christensen where he's smiling like a serial killer? I mean, Hayden isn't a great actor but I imagine he can smile like a normal person if you ask him to, so what the fuck happened? It's so breathtakingly out of place in every possible respect.

That's not what headcannon is, friend.
Lucas changed what is literally shown on screen. Love it or hate it, it has nothing to do with an imagined backstory for the character.

Because it’s his spirit? It’s a visual representation of the man he became. His redemption loses that bittersweet aspect with this change.

Glad to help. Most of that footage has been found in at least some form, but the footage with Luke and Vader getting whacked by shrapnel is said not have never existed, so I guess it's lost. Maybe they'll find it one day a week before we fucking die of old age. ;)

Jesus that image hurts to look at. Why the fuck would they change that? Horrible.

He has never seen the old guy in the top left before in his life.

Han was an outlaw smuggler who only looked out for his own interests. He says this shit in the film. Went he saw the situation going to shit, why would he wait for a bounty hunter to make the first move? It undermines him learning to fight for a greater cause through the course of the film because he's been a decent fella the whole time.

I can respect that. It's only when people shit on the new films and somehow give the PT a pass that I'm flabbergasted.

Imagine dying and your spirit looks like something you never actually looked like in life while everybody else looks like they were.

You showed me, user
Headcanon is people making up this bullshit about Han's character and then using that as ammo to bitch against the change.
>HIS ARC WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MORALLY AMBIVALENT TO HEART OF GOLD ROGUE AND LUCAS RUINED THAT
sounds like fagspeak because it changes literally nothing about the motivations for Han's character in the movie. That is headcanon.

The scene with luke in the cave on tatooine talking to the droids and making his new lightsaber has seen the light of day. It's included as a deleted scene on one of the later releases. Same with vader talking to him.
youtu.be/4g6uAcoqcFY

He has never seen the guy on the bottom left before either.

My nigger.

Attached: lando-han-solo.png (630x354, 311K)

Attached: jabba.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

All of that sounds like bullshit homo

>He has never seen the old guy in the top left before in his life.

Attached: Vader-nomask.png (620x413, 308K)

Best Star Wars is still X-wing book series and the TIE Fighter video game.

I know, but at that point whats the difference for Luke?

And he saw the young guy? Weird. I distinctly remember Luke talking to an old man before he died and he looked remarkably similar to the guy on the top left. He was a bit messed up physically but one could deduce that they’re quite physically alike. Hmm.

It's not made up, dipshit. It was a change made to the film after the initial theatrical run.

So what do you guys think were the best changes?

I for one thought putting the Biggs scene back into A New Hope was a big improvement. When I was a kid I always wondered why Luke gave a shit about Biggs getting blown up and adding in that scene answers that question, restores the drama of Biggs getting killed and gives you some background that explains how Luke knew to fly so well. I'm surprised they cut that scene from the original release.

Attached: Biggs and Red Leader.jpg (670x342, 40K)

Yeah, that definitely looks like the guy in that other picture. Instantly recognizable.
also see

If you died in a fiery car accident do you think you’d walk around heaven looking like Two-Face?

Was additional bullshit added with the VHS releases? My dad got them, never thought they would become a collectable.

Anakin is cute and I support the change. More qts in SW!

Attached: 4A11367A-0244-465A-ABAE-BA3E12E30A5F.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Not him, but he didn’t say to do all the false logic straw man arguments you created; implicating him in.

He simply said it looks like shit.

And if you’re doing a remake the context makes more sense. Honestly, a better solution would have been to never make prequels to Star Wars, but that’s just my opinion.

No.

Wow, I've never even heard of that

He could probably deduce that is what his father looked like as a kid too at that point then. hmm

>too stupid to read properly
Dumbshit posts like is the headcanon, not the literal new scene, you moron.

No you idiot, that is the whole point. you should go to the youngest version of yourself that isn't deformed.

Left pic looks like E.T

This is a fair point, but the biggest issue with leaving David Prouse in is that making Anakin become Darth Vader at a young age (he's 21 in RotS) clearly wasn't Lucas's original vision when they were filming the OT. Lucas's decisions on the story for the prequels meant that Anakin never grew much beyond a teenage boy in any natural way, so having Prouse in no longer made sense.

I still hate the change though.

Right, but some of the Rancor/Luke fight is lost along with the Vader/Luke pre-unmasking. I think Lucas wanted to cement that Palpatine killed Vader, not the battle, but damnit I miss it.
The frustrating thing is that Lucasfilm doesn't record the truth of the matter and that it's being falsely stated that the footage you just mentioned was never in the film for wide release, yet it was. One would think that the finished soundtrack would give a clue, but nah, plus I remember that it was clearly in there the time(s) I saw it in a theater in '83. As for the '85 rerelease, I'm unsure, but it's clear that either Lucas forgot how things really were or he wanted it to look that way. Not sure why I care so much, but I do.

There isn't one, since Luke knows who it is regardless because of force shit. So what matters is how it impacts the audience. As I said earlier in the thread, perhaps a bigger problem than it being Mr. Child Murderer from the prequels is the fact that he for some reason looks like he's about to rape someone in the new version of the shot.

Attached: have you seen this man.jpg (426x560, 42K)

>it changes literally nothing about the motivations for Han's character in the movie.
Trolling or absolutely retarded. It matters not.

Attached: 42pelwc1sgu11.jpg (960x443, 73K)

t. Zoomy born in 1999

Did George really think little kids would like the musical number in ROTJ? I fucking hated it when I was a kid.

Honestly? Nah I really wouldn’t have deduced that if I was him. At least not right away. Especially considering the fact that the other force ghosts represent the age in which they died. I would’ve thought some other young Jedi somewhere happened to die and showed up to the space bear party.

Are you blind or autistic? You can clearly see that both are the same person when you look at his eyes.
Besides the fact, you can't deny that Luke has a better chance of recognizing the old guy than he does the young one.

>getting hit by shrapnel immediately after the super star destroyer Executor collides with DSII
wait what

damn.

So sperm Anakin should be the force ghost? Got it.

I thought headcanon meant that it took place only in your mind, and is not explicitly stated in the film. My mistake, user.

Are you fucking retarded? That's the only way you wouldn't infer that obvious information from Han shooting Greedo in cold blood versus shooting him in self defense. See, when characters do things in films, it's so that we the audience can be shown things about who they are, you fucking mongoloid.

>because of force shit
Imagine literally defending the fucking Star Wars changes.

All the Biggs scenes were originally in SW, but Lucas cut most of it out somewhere between 1978-1981.

Imagine struggling with reading comprehension. I was arguing against and not in favor of the changes.

This right here is the worst CGI scene I can think of, there was NOTHING wrong with the original either

Imagine being 40+ and caring about the fact that kids who grew up with the prequels have something they relate to in the originals, as per the creator's wishes.

Attached: 1541365409323.jpg (583x438, 49K)

I heard someone say that George told Christensen that he was just doing a test/dress shoot for some reason and the Hayden didn't realize he was using that shot for the ghost force scene. IDK why George would mislead him like that, maybe he thought he would get a natural reaction?

Fucking cringe.

But it's what people saw in theaters and loved.

>there was NOTHING wrong with the original either
Well if you mean the original scene with Jabba in ANH, the fact that he's a fat human is kinda wrong.

sorry meant oldest version that wasn't deformed. I think you know what I meant.

They can relate to the bad dialogue and acting. That’s been a Star Wars staple since the beginning.

>Any answer other than Vader yelling nooo in Jedi is objectively incorrect

even Greedo shooting first?

The best I can recall it, Luke was dragging Vader along a corridor with a bunch of scared Imperials, then blam and Vader went down hard. That is what Vader is really referring to when he basically says he's finished for sure. Notice all the dirt and dust on Vader's helmet and mask between when Luke and him are on the floor on the throne room to the dragging and unmasking.

>omg he waited until he was shot to gun someone down. This obviously means Han has a heart of gold already and his arc is meaningless which is so different from my japanese anime
This is what you faggots had sounded like for the past 20 years. Instead of picking a legitimate grievance like a cringey musical that fucks up the pacing of the movie, your hill to die on is this fabricated interpretation of Han Solo was quashed by a 2 second shot.

Imagine having been born in 2005 and thinking that movies made decades before your dad dick puked some baby soup into your mom's crotch cavern belong to you and not the people who grew up watching them

Attached: mr clean apocalypse.jpg (700x700, 103K)

das FUCK?

>He never looked like that at any point in his life.
>It's like he is a new person.
His "new" appearance symbolizes him being redeemed in the eyes of the force. In other words, that's how he would have looked like had he never went to the dark side and stayed a jedi.
Even a child understands this.

Lucas is just an asshole

>that's how he would have looked like had he never went to the dark side
So Jedi don't age?

see

So now the force chooses your spirit’s physical manifestation based on your deformities? What if you got a scratch? Do you get the oldest version of you that doesn’t have a scratch? What if the fucker had some kind of long term disease? What if he lost limbs before ROTS? Oh wait.

You are simply too stupid to understand how it very blatantly and obviously changes the entire purpose and meaning of the scene. End of story.

It's not like thry were changed after the creator's death. This is what George wanted.

True kek.

Attached: george-lucas-600cs051612.jpg (600x433, 42K)

>There's not a single change that was good

Actually, in the updated version of empire they added a bunch of scenic windows to the backgrounds in cloud city. They looked good and actually made sense in context, which is probably why so few people noticed the change. Every other update was so conspicuously out of place or designed to stick out that the one bit that was just a nice touch flew under the radar.

Attached: 07557724654.png (555x644, 553K)

Once you release a movie across the country it isn't yours anymore, it belongs to culture.

And that's why we call Lucas a fucking hack.

No it wasn't. That's why it says "jabba-in-special-edition.jpg" you utter dummy.

Those TIEs and their fucking overly loud screeching during the SSDs introduction scene

lifelong disease would make sense that the rules should be different, but outside of that I think there would be a hard limit like IDK your entire body being burnt to a crisp.

George was just updating his films using modern trends and technology. I support his vision, we should digitally alter old films to be like new. Why have this old white hag...

Attached: 1567652077520.jpg (768x507, 77K)

>All the Biggs scenes were originally in SW

I don't think so. Admittedly I was too young to see them in theaters and grew up watching them on VHS but I'm pretty sure that the Biggs scenes all got nuked in the original theatrical edit.

Kind of a shame too, the Biggs scenes are all good. I can see why they nuked the Toshi station scene because its kind of long and hurts the pacing but the scene where they meet at the end is great, its short and its removal created some plot holes.

youtu.be/NVhvZctGYL8

Attached: Biggs-deleted-scene.jpg (2400x1608, 635K)

You realize the special editions were shown in theaters before you were able to purchase them right?

>cold blood
No, its self defense either way. Sensible shooting first.
>Notice all the dirt and dust on Vader's helmet and mask
Huh. That explains that.

>2005

off by atleast a decade. Sometimes more
yeah but nah its still stupid

Yummy bait.

I know you're joking, but George genuinely always wanted to use the tech available to it's limits

yes, let's digitally replace her with Cara Develgine

user... the special editions were in theaters.

It really didn't which is why you lot have been relentlessly mocked about your bitching ever since.

Attached: george-lucas-han-shot-first_9668.jpg (346x566, 40K)

...when you can have something that more accurately represents modern filmmaking?

Attached: 1554117594136.png (681x768, 578K)

Is that Milla Jovovich?

This, I had never seen the Cloud City scenes without the window views, when I finally saw the original without the windows thought it looked cheap and claustrophobic.

>it's self defense when you murder someone who was just sitting there
try that idea out in a court of law sometime

That was not worth the wait, consider killing yourself

>the original emperor
He looked like dogshit. Why do his eyes look like buttholes made of clay?
How could anyone defend that shot?

Hey, guess what the theatrical re-release was called?

Attached: star-wars-special-edition-movie-posters.jpg (1316x2000, 358K)

Because the new one is shit.
He even gives away major plot points.

>So Jedi don't age?
That's why he's aged, genius.

>imagine dying and having your spirit permanently looking like a burn victim with a huge scar on your face while everyone else looks healthy
Fuck you too, force.

how could anyone defend changing it decades later after the man who directed it is dead?

So chopping off limbs doesn’t constitute it but having your body set on fire does? Aight, glad to know where the force draws the line. Since we’re making up bullshit, why couldn’t it also be a thing that force ghosts can choose whatever age they’ve lived to be represented? At least that would make it seem less retarded.

What a savage.

It CAN be, with the new 2020 super-special editions

the old way movies were shown is neat. As is theaters that show something other than the newest stuff.

The re-edit looks worse and the original has a really creepy look that I like.

>I don't think so
Well you're thinking wrong, then. Glad I could correct you, SW friend.

>Admittedly I was too young to see them in theaters and grew up watching them on VHS but I'm pretty sure that the Biggs scenes all got nuked in the original theatrical edit.
Take this user's elephant memory, it was in there in the theaters, but definitely not in all of them.
>Kind of a shame too, the Biggs scenes are all good.
Watching them included with the film is beautiful and Lucas only did that to distance himself from American Graffiti and to increase turnover for profit. Gotta shorten the film to cycle those butts, user!

>Fuck you too, force.
It's almost like you are intentionally playing obtuse to an extreme degree

The new ending song is better than Yub Nub.

Has deepfake evolved enough that we could put Daisy Ridley, Boyenga and Adam Driver into the original trilogy?

W...huh?

>court of law
The best thing about Tattooine?

No such thing.

I don't even make that a big deal about it or talk about it particularly often, to be honest. But it's clearly a dumb change that retroactively fucks up the point of the scene and everyone knows it who isn't just arguing for the sake of arguing. You won't be getting any more replies.

Pfffff.

Yes but why would you want to?

>>Notice all the dirt and dust on Vader's helmet and mask
>Huh. That explains that.
Got the snark there I think, but at any rate it'll be a real shame if that footage it lost forever.

>So chopping off limbs doesn’t constitute it but having your body set on fire does?
If it gets replace with a robot arm, then sure. Being burnt to a crisp is way over the line. The whole thing is literally headcannon no matter which way you choose so acting like it is anything but that is hilarious. Maybe they can choose their age too.

that means you can get away with murder on Tattooine, it doesn't mean that all murders count as self-defense, you literal retard.

>Adam Driver
dear god no.

It would be awesome

I like the new shots of Cloud City. It gives you a better sense of the place rather than everything just being white corridors.

Attached: cloud city.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

These guys were awesome.

Attached: Inner Circle.jpg (1000x784, 506K)

In what way? Cause it definitely wouldn't be enjoyable to watch.

some men just want to watch the world burn

Ah, so that's who Rothschild answers to

Palp's Popes, they're a new band brought to you by Geffen Records.

The space battle of Yavin is far superior in the newer versions. I don't know anyone besides the most hardcore of contrarians who claims otherwise.

Attached: 1410069682633.jpg (760x1140, 170K)

Attached: Bogdanoff - Rothschild monkies.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

bottom left is that really how it looks in that (any) release? kek

Attached: 1399239390349.jpg (550x401, 209K)

Fuck is wrong with their faces

I'm sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop. What sort of horrific disease do these gentleman have?

Found the newfag.

Attached: slowpoke.gif (275x300, 15K)

bad boys, watchuwan watchugonna do

Do the perfect unaltered forms exist online in full anywhere?

Vanity

these cannot be real.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7FKO5DlV0

Super helpful answer

Can I get a quick rundown?

It looks fine in motion.

*worse

Closest you'll get. It's pretty good. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition

>expecting a helpful answer on Yea Forums

name one thing wrong with episode 1
>hard mode: Can't ree about jar jar

youtu.be/KV5QlSgq7lg

Attached: I may have gone too far in a few places.jpg (480x360, 11K)

great, thanks for clearing that up

Ewoks remind him of youngling which awakened his Skywalker instincts

The Jedi are all lobotomized sexless zombies

Inconsequential: The Movie

Attached: 1435277481055.png (360x214, 113K)

Just because you can be a dick, doesn't mean you have to. Grow up.

It introduced spinning and flipping wushu bullshit as Jedi fighting.

>the pacing
Yeah, that whole section needed to be removed for brevity's sake. It's not really important to the wider narrative. It's by no means terrible, just unnecessary.

>in motion

youtu.be/xNDaHiL5wII

You be the judge, seems fine to me.

Attached: Lando.jpg (550x742, 41K)

What a fucking newfag.
Literally lurk a few years before posting anything again.

Attached: 1565741261726.jpg (2000x2000, 420K)

No.

FUCK LUCAS

>tfw slave leia will never shit on your chest

Attached: 1525942870015.gif (250x188, 2.4M)

Qui gon dies. Maul dies. Droids are weak. Underwater people are stupid. Final battle is kinda weak. Kid anakin and his mom are dumb. Hes born of a virgin. The pod race was like ok, anakins mom is like ok my child go and die perhaps, have fun. No real drama its all contrived and padme is too little girl. Oh yeah, trade blockade. It was all shit from the very beginning, but the sets, the effects was oo, but fuck lucas that fat piece of shit. I aint gonna apologize.

Would've been legitimately amazing to see

Different user here, they're rich fucks who got addicted to plastic surgery is all.

>maul dies
lorelet

Zoomers should be gassed. I did not grow up with a version where Han waited to be shot at.

It's kinda scary how some of this is essentially lost forever despite being seen by millions. I'm jealous of you oldfags who saw it all in theatres. How many other non-star wars films did this kind of stuff happen to?

>Maul dies.
Got some good news, bro.

Attached: unironic kino.jpg (414x606, 56K)

None of you had the super rare gold Yoda can. I know I didn't.

Attached: 1530641989857.png (471x800, 654K)

Blade Runner was completely changed (vastly for the better) from the awful theatrical release.

1: It doesn't show the order to create the clone army which is the main thing a film set over a decade before the clone war should establish.

2: Midichlorians are bullshit.

3: Anakin blowing up a giant capital ship as a kid was silly.

Attached: George Lucas Comic.png (1024x776, 568K)

I loved puppet Yoda from TPP, it was like a bridge between the OT and the PT, and it got replaced, what a shame.

Attached: file.png (600x400, 526K)

You know what i mean. I cant watch that shit animation. Its like just hire the krtek guys ffs and make it drawn or something, stop with the 1997 pet shop boys video shit.

Plenty, but most of them have directors who aren't pieces of shit, so you can still readily find original release versions. Sometimes you have to dig a little, like with Apocalypse Now or Blade Runner, but you can find them.

And you'll never let any person discussing Star Wars on the internet forget that.

It's fucking with my perceptions that what I know as "the original Star Wars" isn't what people first saw and without stuff like this I'd never be aware. Makes me wonder how many other things are like that too.

In the original version of A New Hope, you can see Darth Vader's eyes and skin during the Obi-Wan fight, the lenses don't hide much if anything.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-08-23h01m10s094.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

>How many other non-star wars films did this kind of stuff happen to?
The Goonies. Richard Donner chopped it to bits without any explanation. There's a scene where in the well, the Goonies do their own pledge of allegiance and mentions nuclear war, that scene hasn't been shown since its theatrical release.

Kek

It's not lost at all, go grab the 4K77 project, they scanned and cleaned up to old film reals

This is what kills me about the whole situation. Lucas can change and re-release all he wants, just give us the option of having the theatrical versions. I'll pay good money for them

what beverage?

Sw sequels>aftermarket DVD/Blu-Ray Luca$ retcons

This. The whole shrapnel thing blew my mind.

I think it was Pepsi products.

>Droids are weak.
Only to jedi. They fucked up the gungans and the royal forces despite both groups being on their home turf.

Attached: droids.png (1060x816, 993K)

>the phantom pain

The Goonies had so much amazing stuff cut. Like 8 hours worth. Even an alternative ending shown here. I'd give anything for a Goonies workprint.

Attached: Alternateending.jpg (569x396, 201K)

Seriously, I love that movie, but that part will never not be funny.

Nigga thats a pepsi. The hype was unreal you homosapiens

>from the various Special Editions of the original Star Wars films?
it USED to be anakin's force ghost
now with the bluray its vader saying NOOO and ruining the climax of the entire original trilogy
youtu.be/O3u70WELSEg

i didn't watch that shit either bro, i heard about him being robot crazylegs somehow otherwise and then got excited when he holograms in solo
too bad it looks like we're fucked for solo followups

Attached: 1492991621567.jpg (450x350, 31K)

Disney Channel (it never ends..) played a version that was pretty close to the truly original version. It'd be nice if someone uploaded that to mega or something.

I swear food tasted better back then.

>pamp eet
>he bout?
>dump eet
>e sold?
>pamp eet agen

Flat, even soap opera lighting. Lifeless shot composition. Terrible special effects, even for the time. A completely nonsensical and uninteresting story. Total lack of any attention or effort paid to things like blocking, visual storytelling, or even continuity. Costume design that is somehow equal parts bland as ricecakes and nightmarishly gaudy. Precisely zero real, relatable or interesting characters. Monotone acting. Clunky, shitty dialogue. Languid pacing. Long pointless excursions of nothing that take up a good chunk of the running time. I suppose those last two kind of go hand in hand. Casting decisions made purely with the box office in mind and with no consideration paid to who would best play the part. Horribly unfunny and cringe inducing attempts at humor, even if you ignore Jar Jar completely. Garbage fight choreography. Atrocious, wildly inconsistent world-building. By-the-numbers editing.

came here to post anakin's ghost

>Durr it was dumb
Nice criticism

That was all explained in episode II
sifo diyas did it off screen

You think that's something, remember schools want you to fully believe tales from as recent as 70 years ago. How can we trust anything when a fucking crazy popular film like Star fucking Wars isn't kept straight?

The entire pacing of episode iv if off with all the added stuff. It's not one single change but all of them add up to making episode iv feel a lot slower and gives the impression that it's an older movie. If you watch the original cut the pacing is on point and the whole film just speeds by you at a really fast clip. It doesn't quite feel modern but it feels pretty tight and quick. That's the big change that fucks up Star Wars for me. The original film is no longer as good.

Empire and Jedi's changes don't fuck the pacing anywhere near as much and they still feel like Empire and Jedi (even if some of Jedi's changes are egregious and awful) whereas New Hope (or Star Wars or Episode IV) feels like a completely different movie thanks to the pacing changes. I'll admit Empire might be the better movie in a lot of respects but the original cut of Star Wars is in some ways superior. It's faster, it's purer, it's simpler and it's more entertaining. But the special edition versions have fucked it to the point where it's inferior to all its sequels.

Attached: 026-dvd2_star_wars_poster_classic_1_web.jpg (1600x2000, 669K)

Wow. So pointless.

>Terrible special effects, even for the time
Are you implying it didn't revolutionize motion capture and CG compared to the dogshit it existed alongside?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x631, 55K)

Yeah, I actually watched it on a VHS my cousin had. I remember my cousin saying there was an octopus and I didn't believe him, and it blew my mind watching that back in the early 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=uQZUSM3Qa0Q

It’s been years since I’ve seen them, but it’s got to be the Vader “nooo” at the climax of Return of the Jedi.

With the exception of the original (ANH) and Empire Strikes back, I pretty much hate all Star Wars movies, including Return of the Jedi.

But I must admit, that whole finale between Vader, the Emperor, and Luke was brilliant and Shakespearean. It’s just such a perfectly done moment, and that “nooo” completely ruins it.

The Greedo thing was insane as well. Lucas’ whole idiotic rationale is that it’s always wrong to shoot first. When somebody’s pointing a gun at your head, telling you that they’re going to kill you, it’s not wrong to “shoot first”. I don’t think it’s wrong to shoot first anyways, but definitely not in that case.

It seems like Empire Strikes Back was the least vandalized, which is good, considering Lucas had little to do with making it.

>tfw you will never sy her snootles

Attached: 1377215358061.jpg (400x422, 41K)

What a kino fucking poster.

What happened to Kino posters guys?

It came out the same year as The Matrix.

What's a diorama?

Attached: 1418773120461.png (512x384, 286K)

What about those special DVD’s from 2006? Aren’t they pretty close to the originals? I have them for ANH and ESB.

>I remember my cousin saying there was an octopus and I didn't believe him, and it blew my mind watching that back in the early 90s.
That was some legendary playground shit, you know? It was the kind of thing you'd tell the kids at recess, then someone would call you a liar and punch you in the in the gut because since they never saw it, it didn't happen. Even having the footage it still sounds fake, the octopus scene. I like it, not sure why it was taken out.

Saw all of them at the theater. At the time being a HUGE Star Wars fan, it was the greatest thing in the world to watch them. I actually wanted to see the new scenes as a kid after watching the originals so much, but haven't seen the special editions in years.

Well, Blade Runner was butchered by the studio before it got to theatres. It's only because about a decade later some theatre decided to screen Blade Runner and got a 70mm print from Warner Bros, only to screen it and find out they had an unfinished and radically different Workprint. Screenings of the workprint started to become incredibly popular and then WB decided to make their own director's cut.

The weird thing is at the end of the movie Data even talks about seeing an octopus and it being "very scary" even though in the theatrical cut the octopus wasn't ever shown. It was possibly at the theater, not sure.

Yeah, those are pretty close as compared to anything else afterwards due to Lucas's autism- and before since there's no official release of them. They're perfect for a CRT, but the lack of detail might get on your nerves with a new TV or projector.

The original laserdisc releases are pretty accurate to the original releases.

Can anyone stop them? How many people are they going to ruin? I hope I never get the call.

Attached: 43234324.jpg (480x360, 56K)

Well, they're infamously taken from the Laserdiscs and are thus terrible quality (4:3 letterbox and with loads of early DNR which causes people's heads to get 'smeary' whenever they move) but the big problem is that in order to get them to fit onto a laserdisc they actually speed up the films by about 2-5% which is really annoying if you know the music cues off by heart.

Yeah! I was excited to see the changes, too. This was, of course, before I realized the magic of A New Hope happened in the editing room.

I was already disappointed by the time Return re-released. I remember the crowd laughing at Vader

>It was possibly at the theater, not sure.
I can't be 100% sure as I am with Star Wars; et al, but I'm a strong 90% sure it was in there originally. Could have been taken out days into the initial release, or weeks, or even months later. Hit films almost never left theaters given their release schedules back then. I'm not even sure if it was even for sale on video, although I read that some say as much, but I have no idea.

just grab the 4k77 project, you guys wanna see examples of the differences between the blu-ray stuff and the 4K77 theatrical stuff?

What if the original Return of the Jedi had a dance number in the middle of the song in Jabba's palace and Luke was like, "Now dig on this?" before joining in the fun.

Would it have made the movie better or would you have shot yourself right then and there?

Yeth.

TESB is 100% accurate to the original 35mm version. I think all alternate footage/angles shown on the 70mm version is accounted for in digest versions on 16mm.

It would make a good skit for a comedy movie/TV show, but not in the actual movie.

I know there's too many to remember. 4K77 is quality.

k black bars are theatrical, no black bars are blu ray

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-00h13m47s617.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

I didn't ask all that.

I want (You) user, to imagine you're sitting down in the theater for the new Star Wars movie, coming hot off the end of The Empire Strikes Back, and you're so very excited to see the characters again. Then the Jedi Rocks scene from the special editions happens right in front of your face, and Luke says, "Now dig on this," and defeats Jabba's men with a dance number.

Would it make the movie better or would you have shot yourself right then and there?

Damn, I love the Vader "nooo" scene. Always thought it was awkward how silent he was. That, making ewoks blink, and changing Yub Nub are the only changes I actually like.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-02h28m10s952.png (1920x824, 1.91M)

What changed about yub nub?

>vlc
user... please start a new thread. this one's hit the bump limit.

Is there a decent 1080p version floating around of 4k77 yet? Last time I checked it was a 100gb download and only available in 4k (but last time I checked was over a fucking year ago)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-02h09m58s805.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

It would have been horrendous.

The Blu-Rays are a mockery. Yeah, some of the BR's look amazing, but I can't enjoy pinkified whites and pinked reds and crushed blacks. Threepio looks like shit.

Photoshop

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-02h09m28s754.png (1280x540, 755K)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-02h17m35s436.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

>>the real straw that broke Vader's back, getting hit by shrapnel immediately after the super star destroyer Executor collides with DSII, which is the reason why every existing commerical copy has a nasty audible edit-rip sound between the flames of the crash to the stormtroopers

Does lying make you feel better or something? KYS.

Attached: C3PO Das It Mane.jpg (364x367, 27K)

eh, you guys would appreciate them more and the board doesn't move that fast

yeah these are from the 1080p version of 4k77 and the 1080p blu ray

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-02h17m09s333.png (1280x540, 946K)

Yes.

Yes it would have.

It's sort of a knee-jerk reaction you young doubters have at these things. You're not thinking or learning so much as striking out. It'll be ok, user. You can deal with learning. You can do it.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-02h14m20s768.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-02h14m47s568.png (1280x540, 880K)

Where's it available? TPB? Also how big is it? I'm beginning to run out of room on my harddrive - if it's small enough I'll download it.

>So what do you guys think were the best changes?

Absolutely agree with the Yavin Biggs footage for the precise reason you mentioned.

Also LOVE the Falcon taking off from Mos Eisley.

Aside from these and a bunch of matte line cleanups, I hate the majority of the other changes and DESPISE "Jedi Rocks" musical number in ROTJ.

Warm and soulful.
Old man's gonna catch a cold.

DNR is 40 no DNS is 38, grab a 10TB Western Digital Easy Book from Best Buy for $160 and shuck it

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-00h29m07s633.png (1920x1080, 2.32M)

>3000K lighting vs 5000K
Jesus H. Christ

I absolutely hate the special editions, and only have the "regular" vhs box set and the despecialized edition, even that leaves a little too much of the garbage Lucas added.
All they had to do was touch up some of the scenes' visual quality and hide a few lightbulbs on the ship models.
That's fucking it.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-02h02m10s532.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

>leaving David Prouse in
Retard, that's Sebastian Shaw who plays unmasked Anakin. David *PROWSE* only wore the suit. Go back to plebbit if you want to pretend to know everything.

also here's a high quality emperor pick

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-00h25m57s911.png (1920x1080, 2M)

>Notice all the dirt and dust on Vader's helmet and mask
You mean the same dust and dirt that showed up right after getting fried by the Emperor's Force Lightning? Holy shit, you're super-committed to telling this lie.

THERE WAS NO SCENE WITH SCHRAPEL. You are full of shit and just begging for attention.

Your post reminds me of those early naive days of 1995-6 when SW nerds all agreed that Lucas was "just going to remove the matte lines from the TIE Falcon scene" and restore all the Biggs Darklighter footage.

Attached: star nerds circa 1996 decolorized.jpg (768x432, 19K)

Don't let this esoteric old fart film talk vex you, Zoomy, it's way past your bedtime.

And if they find the footage, you'll say you knew it all along.

>Take this user's elephant memory, it was in there in the theaters, but definitely not in all of them.
Wrong, you lying sack of shit. The Biggs footage was NEVER in theaters, this is an old urban legend that has been debunked many times. In the original theatrical release, Biggs never showed up until the DS Battle. Your "elephant memory" is thinking of the comic book or novel adaptation which had these scenes.

There was no footage, this is a lie. There was no shrapnel scene.

I'm looking at 4K83 right now and Vader does not get hit by shrapnel, there's a tiny little 3 second scene where Luke is carrying Vader and they fall down, I can't find of any of the other shit you mentioned.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-08-23h51m35s021.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

You know what's rarer than the gold Yoda can? Anyone who gives a fuck about the prequels.

You're just getting yourself worked up. Your fragile ego cannot handle that you don't know something about your star kinos. Just calm down and be wrong, I mean, I can't make you believe and that's fine. Of all the lies an user could tell-on any subject-you think that I choice to make up a lie on something so otherwise mundane given the story material? It's not like I'm claiming that there was a scene where Palpatine dueled Luke with a saber, but then Vader got totes jealous guize.

Get a grip.

Those niggers are a diamond dozen.

Yes, there was such a scene in the finished film shown theatrically. Tell me, how old are you? That's because Lucas cut it out as early as 1983, user. And yes, they had people that went to theaters and cut shit out right then and there just like Kubrick did with The Shining in less than 24 hours of its release.

>Anakin's force ghost being replaced with Hayden was a big fuck you to longtime fans.

The man who was Anakin Skywalker died the day he became Darth Vader. So you see, it makes sense that his ghost would be Hayden Christensen.. from a certain point of view.

you're telling me they had people drive out to every theater showing star wars, every single one, and edited them on the fly and they all match up perfectly and not one has a mistake?

Or are you telling me they had replacement films and the old films were destroyed, which would be a huge fucking waste of money.

What I'd love to happen is for Disney (LOL) to get a team of people together and scour the vaults of 20th Century Fox that they now own and to find all these elements so that the real trolls would finally STFU and silently realize that they never knew an original Star Wars film.
Maybe someone who knows someone will read this and be inspired. Yeah and maybe the sequel trilogy is better than the OT.

Faggot, I saw SW in the theater in 1977. I grew up SW. I remember dealing with all the retards like you who made shit up for attention, including insisting the Biggs footage was shown in theaters, rocket firing boba fett actually shipped, and even one tard who insisted he saw a POTF Han Stormtrooper in 1985. KYS.

The film operators were given instructions to cut one scene at the end of The Shining but some didn't and there are prints out there of that version.

I don't know exactly how it went down, but Lucas has stuff taken out early. I'd wager it was a little bit of both.
>which would be a huge fucking waste of money.
You are talking about a guy who did the Special Editions and then endlessly tinkered with his films on VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray, and that each incarnation was "his original intention".

That'll be the day. There is no shrapnel scene. Why don't you lying faggots show some fucking proof?

>Faggot, I saw SW in the theater in 1977. I grew up SW
That's nice, my memory is probably much better, accept that and move on. We all have strengths and weaknesses. This isn't about me or you, it's about the real history of an extremely popular film that arguably changed filmmaking forever for better and for worse.

And then he was redeemed as an old fuck, briefly returning as old Anakin, and then he died for real.

People like you also said that there were no filmed scenes of wampas attacking the Rebel base on Hoth. lol enjoy eating crow when the reels are found.

So there were essentially two sets of audiences. Interesting user. That other user should take note.

>Yes, there was such a scene in the finished film shown theatrically. Tell me, how old are you?

Old enough to have seen ROTJ opening DAY in 1983. Old enough to know that cut scenes like Biggs showed up in the comics and novels, but this "shrapnel" scene you LIE about was never, ever mentioned by anyone until YOU today, and does not appear in the 1983 Marvel Comic adaptation, the 1983 Novel, or the recent Making Of book by Jonathan Rinzler.

Either cite something to back your bullshit up or KYS. Because you're trolling and can't, faggot.

SEETHING Zoomer larping an an oldSWfag

Nice, m8.

This lying faggot also wants you to believe that they erased all mention of it in the comics and novelizations. He's full of shit and you're correct to doubt his lying ass.

>and does not appear in the 1983 Marvel Comic adaptation
And we all know that comic adaptions are 100% accurate and have the space to show every single centimeter of every scene. Well, that's enough proof for me that my memory is wrong and that you are right. Good job.

>People like you

Except I never said that, you're just deflecting to cover your own stupidity. Not to mention there's the scene of C3PO ripping the sign off the door in the original trailer. LARP harder faggot. Show ONE mention of the shrapnel scene! In the DECADES since release, surely ONE fan mentioned seeing it somewhere, begged Star Wars Insider Magazine to do an article about it, showed up in the novel, SOMETHING. You are a grade a attention whore liar.

I never said they erased all mention of it. Things in films can be exclusive to themselves, you know. Why are you so threatened that you don't know something about Star Wars? It's just Star Wars. I am not claiming that JFK never died or some crap. Wtf is wrong with you? Why are you so angry? Please tell us, you'll feel better.

Gee, wonder why you ONLY referred to the comic and cut out MY mention of the novel and Making Of book? The novel had PLENTY of space to devote to a major injury happening to Darth Fucking Vader. Are you seriously retarded?

>Show ONE mention of the shrapnel scene! In the DECADES since release,
Lucas cut out that in 1983 and it has never been seen since. Maybe you saw it in 1985, or maybe your theater had the cut versions. Sorry!

>The novel had PLENTY of space to devote to a major injury happening to Darth Fucking Vader.
I would agree that any novel would have the space, but you fail to understand that many events in a film are special to a film and might not appear in all ancillary materials.

>I never said they erased all mention of it.
Then SHOW SOME MENTION OF IT

OldFag, get over yourself. You are the only retard to ever mention this scene. People have fucking flown to Tunisia and dug up the goddamn Krayt Dragon bone prop fragments, yet NOBODY has done an expose article or even mentioned this supposed scene that you went from claiming might not have been filmed to having been shown in theaters and then instantly cut out. Can't you keep your lies straight?

Nah man. Anakin died and never came back. Darth Vader fulfilled the prophesy and then died.

Wow the film is much better without those scenes.

>surely ONE fan mentioned seeing it somewhere, begged Star Wars Insider Magazine to do an article about it
Yeah, I did, user, they chose not to follow up. Funny you mention that..several readers back up other claims that I am quite sure you'd reject, but it is nice to know that a letter in SW Insider is legitimate corroborative evidence, and I mean that unironically. Afterall, we are the nerds who ought to know.

Three if you count the French release with the full frontal scene.

>You are the only retard to ever mention this scene.
Ever stop to that think that that's all there is to it? It happened and everyone forgot, except me. The truth can be odd at times. Just get past it, it's not about me, it's that the footage is out there and can likely be found in some condition. I doubt Lucas burned it.