It's a SHIP, how can they go missing?

It's a SHIP, how can they go missing?

Attached: 1478288858009.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

what was his problem anyway?

Well maybe they went overboard and drowned you smart cunt?

He spent a lot of money on this girl and her mother, and all he wanted was for the girl to not pick up pubic lice from the homeless vagrant probable rapist that she took an inexplicable liking to.

Damn, what a villain.

the eternal roastie

Hollywood culture is so morally dyslexic that they end up writing this story all the time.

Hollywood is overrun with terrible people who think that they're the ideal of what "good" is, and they're so backwards with their own character alignment that they project it onto their creations.

why are people scared of me?

He was a typical upper class man who expected his fiance to be a typical upper class woman who toes the line and behaves according to social norms by being a perfect doting socially conscious wife in public while they attend parties and polo matches, and only letting herself get out of control in private when she goes on alcohol and drug fueled binges every time he comes home reeking of another woman's perfume.

She would push out a few kids, at least one son and one daughter, and they would sit in awkward silence at dinner while mommy asks the butler to bring another drink and daddy tells him that she's had enough and when mommy makes a snide comment daddy says "You know how you get when you drink, sweet pea," and there's something dark and unspoken between mommy and daddy but the children will never know what it is, or know why mommy disappears into her room for days in the middle of April and screams and cries and throws things at daddy and says "you could have saved him you fucking bastard."

that sort of thing.

He ordered lamb with very little mint sauce. Fuck him.

What film?

Poseidon Adventure

thinking about Anck Su Namun

Do you guys think that the transgender movement started with the titanic?
A bunch of dudes pretended to be women to get in on one of the life boats, then were forced to live the rest of their lives as women.

And now, we have trannys jumping on the proverbial life raft of 4channel trying to escape the sinking of a boat called society.

And its all thanks to Thomas Andrew. Everyone say "Thanks Thomas" for the trannies to fall over the side of the boat and hit the propellers on the way down.

>mint sauce

Attached: disgust.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

maybe the mint sauce was shit, maybe the lamb was really good and he didn't want it drown in subpar sauce, you don't know

were there jews on the titanic?

the ice(((berg)))

It was Edwardian First Class dining, the mint sauce would have been superb. How dare you.

"It's a huge ship you fucking asshole."

oy vey user, those insurance policies aren't going to cash themselves

There were damn sure jews on the submarine that sank it.

they were at sea, couldn't get fresh mint, Zane was patrician enough to know this

The Phantom flopped and left him without a career

Attached: phantom.jpg (1058x595, 114K)

>underappreciated characters general

Attached: Titanic-1911d.jpg (1920x816, 416K)

>couldn't get fresh mint

On the Titanic? Titanic had fresh oranges, they certainly had fresh mint.

which was too bad, that was a decent movie

>mint leaves go bad in 3 days
fuck you and fuck your whore retarded faggot family

they were drinking mint juleps tho

No, it wasn't. The phantom skull ring I got from somewhere was pretty awesome when I was a kid.

so go order extra mint sauce you bunch of fucking plebs, and stay out of 1st class

IM IN 0TH CLASS. IM THE BEARDED NIGGA DRINKING TEA AT THE STEERING WHEEL.
DONT @ ME OR ILL STEER INTO ANOTHER ICEBURG.

7/11
I grabbed a fistful of them with a slurpee one time

He should have been lex luthor

Cal didn't belong in 1st Class. He was ordering a Restaurant dish at the Cafe where only light snacks were served. Truly a breach of social etiquette and a sign of new money.

lol wagie

can imagine he ate his meal with his fork in his right hand

wat? no he was old money. it was the fat oil woman who didnt belong. her pooches shitting on the floor while she scooped handfuls caviar into her gaping maw.

Imhotep

Do you guys think that anyone actually survived?
I bet the people on those boats were illegal immigrants that intentionally sank the titanic to steal the identities of the people on board and come into my country and fuck my wife.

He was "old money" but didn't know how disgusting it was to order a full meal at the Cafe, where light refreshments were only served? I find that hard to believe!

Yeah, that sounds right. Wore that ring all summer

Was there a lot of American old money at that time? Also, did they ever mention where his money came from?

it was lunch time, the titanic menus had full courses for breakfast lunch and dinner in all service areas, also snacks

Pennsylvania steel

American money was all new money at the time. Oil barons and steel magnates.
Old money was all about land and taxation

american steel

That honestly sounds like an ingenious plan

kek

It's plausible. Your wife probably would fuck illegals.

That feel when you go up to the sun room for a snack and it’s only Kathy bates up there and you resign yourself to a 5 course meal at 9:30am

Cal wasn't an upper class man, though, he was a new money American industrialist, and she was old money British aristocracy whose family was in massive debt with the decline of the landed estates at the turn of the 19th century. The marriage was a deal, Cal bails out Rose's family that was on the brink of ruin and poverty, Rose's family gives the American a title and a young wife to fuck and start his lineage. He wasn't just looking for any particular upper class woman, and he wasn't even particularly angry about Rose chasing Jack assuming she came back to him.

>young
It was a different time. To be considered young she would have to be 12

Good point user. She's supposed to be 17 in the movie iirc?

She looked to be 45

Listen to your friend Billy Zane, he's a cool dude

This, America had some old money, but it was all the descendants English and Dutch families who owned massive amounts of land around Boston and NYC before the US was even and independent country. The Roosevelts were one of these families.

>it was lunch time, the titanic menus had full courses for breakfast lunch and dinner in all service areas, also snacks

Titanic was not a modern cruise ship, though. You couldn't just go to any service area and demand a full meal. Meals were served at set serving hours (either literally 5 o'clock dinner seating, 8 'clock dinner seating, etc or for the Restaurant, options to book tables between dinner hours of __ and ___); and if you were in 2nd or 1st class, you had some limited options for light refreshments in between meals.

The room that they're eating in in the film is the Verandah Café. Cal orders the lamb with mint sauce, which is actually on the surviving Titanic menus, but this was something that was served in the First Class Dining Saloon on select evenings or the a la carte restaurant.

The Verandah Cafe only ever served (or I guess "only was ever intended to serve since the ship didn't last more than half a voyage) light refreshments, such as drinks and select cold fare like desserts, pastries or small sandwiches which could be kept in the cool pantry that the Cafe shared with the Smoking Room. It wasn't a full service cafe, it was meant to be a place for mostly women, children and sometimes families to quietly gather while getting a drink. They wouldn't have been in the Verandah Cafe for lunch time, unless they intended on not actually eating lunch.

Luncheon could be served in the Cafe Parisien, but this was a distinctly different area of the ship.

Attached: titanic-menu.jpg (2048x3000, 1.54M)

thanks, I have looked this up before but I was too lazy today, so yea it was a dick move to order the lamb, unless they specifically requested they be served lunch their before hand

Was it written so that Cal being a uncultured here, or did Cameron fuck this scene up?

Look let me have my "if Rose and Cal had actually married and their miserable life together" fantasy.

Although personally I think Cal was definitely looking for a specific type of upper class woman, he was looking for someone who had the old money appeal. He expected Rose not to smoke in public, thought it was bizarre that she was interested in logistics of the ship and "something Picasso," ordered for her (though the etiquette of this is dubious, since some etiquette guides from the era suggest this is rude, others suggest it is polite, who the fuck knows) and as the scene after the third class party shoes, expected her to toe the line of behaving according to social norms. Again, not particularly unusual for the time--he expected her to be a prim and proper fiance, not someone who goes gallavanting off with steerage and ignoring social etiquette by getting drunk and barefoot with some Irish people below decks.

Does anyone have that old Rose copypasta

Missing? On a ship?

Attached: fe060dd5-6fc5-4509-a4a7-cc58899135b3.jpg (970x546, 82K)

Considering how hardly anyone on earth is equipped with the knowledge to carefully distinguish the nuances of late 19th century fine dining, the latter is probably more likely.

This is the gayest and most bluepilled thing I've read on here all day. It's like youve become a physical manifestation of the propaganda you consume

To be fair to you, I'm joking with it being a dick move to order the lamb since Cameron obviously just fucked up the detail of the cafe and didn't intend for Cal to come across as uncultured by ordering food in the wrong place. The scene is meant to present him as benig domineering over Rose by dictating what she ate and how she ate it without asking.

he fucked it up. He fucked a lot of details up. Still a goddamn marvel of a movie in terms of the set and practical effects, but those little details...

Titanic is MCU?

Early 20th, or are you making some other point?

Delightful thread with many great posts!

When you rewatch Titanic it’s very obvious Leo’s gay

Disgraceful

Attached: 83BF8D0A-F9FB-4102-8AFE-E0C1E2B1767A.gif (500x281, 1020K)

This is why Cal gave up so easily on Rose even before the ship sank, he just halfheartedly shoots in the vague direction of Jack and Rose because he knows he's not getting the fiance he imagined and not only Rose but even her mother seem to detest him. He doesn't do much to look for her at the end of the movie for the same reason: she's not interested in keeping up appearances, and beyond that he wants a woman who worships him.

Also the way he's written off, having committed suicide after losing his fortune in the stock market crash, wouldn't be appropriate for a steel magnate: their fortunes weren't wiped out, among the very wealthy it was banking families and landholders living off of stocks and bonds that saw their fortunes collapse.

He's in "The Boys".

>Oh shit, it's Billy Zane.

That's was me.

Given Cameron was kind of obsessed with the Titanic you have to allow the possibility that he just made a concession for the sake of story and felt that the unintended implication of Cal being an idiot was worth being able to keep the scene otherwise intact.

I would say the conventions between 1890 and 1920ish are more or less the same. But yes it is technically more correct to refer to it as "early 20th" rather than "late 19th" considering Titanic is our reference point.

>Cockie Leckie

Christ, I can't believe they offered blowjobs for lunch.

a better age..

I don't know what any of that means

a different time

Pickup literacy

Attached: theyoungretards.jpg (750x1247, 455K)

When I rewatch titanic it’s very obvious I’m gay

>He doesn't do much to look for her at the end of the movie for the same reason:

What's interesting is that in the original script, he finds Rose on the Carpathia rescue ship and they have a rather hammy confrontation where she blackmails him into never speaking of her survival to anyone. Of particular note:

CAL
(after a long beat)
What do I tell your mother?

ROSE
Tell her that her daughter died with the Titanic.
She stands, turning to the rail. Dismissing him.

We see Cal stricken with
emotion.

CAL
You're precious to me, Rose.

ROSE
Jewels are precious. Goodbye, Mr. Hockley.

We see that in his way, the only way he knows, he does truly love her. After a moment, he turns and walks away.

and Brawn. What the fuck was Brawn?

Can "Incredulous Cal" be a new meme?

Attached: basedcalshadilaykekistanis.png (483x487, 232K)

The Titanic was Gay. The whole movie was Gay with feminist bullshit sprinkled in. Especially how Rose knowing she wasn't in love. Decided to settle with some beta and have kids. Her granddaughter knew she respected her grandfather but she never really loved him. Rose clearly hit the wall and needed that safety net. Watch Revolutionary Road if you want to see what would've happen of Jack had survived. I swear their relationship would've been just like that in the movie.

she ended up fucking a guy she knew for a few days
all women are the same, never happy, she would have left jack after getting sick of being filthy poor and broke in the streets. Reality is that she's just a stupid whore who at the time didn't have a government to fall back on

lol same

Darkness

look up "brawn food" fucking brainlet

Go back