Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Let's discuss this movie? Personally, I loved it and think Tarantino outdid himself. DiCaprio and Pitt gave us solid performances and although it was almost three hours long I was not bored for a second. What made it a good movie? And if you didn't like it then, what made it a bad one?

Attached: 0_Once-Upon-Time-Hollywood-Movie-Poster.jpg (1200x900, 146K)

Getting to see how much more vibrant and less expensive the country used to be was what made it for me

Margaret Qualley calling the cop a pig would probably get her arrested now. Obvious truths get silenced now.

I thought leo was very funny throughout

>You will never drive down the road surrounded only by domestic cars made by American labor

only thing that dissapointed me from this movie was that it did not delve more into the murders

of course you redditshits loved this garbage

I see /r/movies has finally arrived in this thread

>Bluray is out in 3 days
Fuck yes.

>PERSONALLY, I LOVED IT AND THINK TARANTINO OUTDID HIMSELF. DICAPRIO AND PITT GAVE US SOLID PERFORMANCES AND ALTHOUGH IT WAS ALMOST THREE HOURS LONG I WAS NOT BORED FOR A SECOND.

Attached: 1566948935757.png (632x756, 26K)

I didn’t get the point of it, things just happened

I enjoyed a masculine role model with no gay vibes or plain dumb constructed for sheer comic relief, for once. I also enjoyed the relation between the two main characters, I thought it to be wholesome.
I enjoyed the music and the plot a lot, and I think it's my favorite movie of his.

I love everything related to the 60s and 70s so of course I was going to be hooked to this movie

the narrative is great, the story it's captivating and it just looks beautiful overall

Fucking this.

Truly hellworld we're in.

>almost 0 minorities
Based Weinstein-free Tarantino

The entire Manson subplot was unnecessary
Now, keeping the ranch scenes is a must due to the qt hippy girls and Cliffs involvement, but Sharon Tate and her entourage didn’t need to be in the movie at all.
Shoulda just focused on the ultimate buddy movie between Rick and Cliff, that was the best part.

this, I couldn't agree more

I honestly didn't see the point of adding Sharon Tate to the movie, they didn't even get into her story enough so why bother? other, than that great movie

i just watched it for brad, he is one good looking son of a bitch

were there any feet scenes?

Attached: Kirsten-Dunst.jpg (2550x3186, 969K)

I meant the entire Sharon Tate subplot*
The Manson ranch and hippy scenes were great, but you could have had all this without even ever seeing Sharon once. Woulda made it more interesting desu, you spend all this time with the hippies and the sense of impending doom about to descend upon Sharon aaaaaand by fate they never get to her and she never even knows they exist

yes, it wouldn't be a tarantino movie otherwise

He’s fucking perfect

there were many, buddy

But that's the main thing about the movie, user, it unites all character arcs. It is brilliantly sewed together.

i think i fell in love with him like 10 times watching the movie, how does he look so good at this age? damn it

i'd say there were at least 4 great shots

Were they like, out of place / in your face or just passive scenes? even as a footfag I don't like when tarantino forces feet scenes

Attached: bea9bb576797873ef9189fbc2fa834fc.jpg (900x1200, 428K)

i honestly don't see how it ties the character together, if i took margot's character out of the movie i genuinely don't think it would make a difference, therefore she is disposable and unnecessary

i'd say most are pretty in your face, but that might be just because I noticed those way more than the passive ones

>I'm incel, and I'm here to do incel's work.
Have sex. Based bradu is here to cleanse you of your sins.

Attached: woah.jpg (634x951, 68K)

yeah bud, it was a good movie for the seventies and with great music too man, I loved it

Easily the most comfy scenes of the year.

>Have sex. Based bradu is here to cleanse you of your sins.

Attached: 1567956021093.png (644x800, 43K)

The ranch scene is so fucking good

Attached: manson_onceuponatime2.jpg (1200x498, 65K)

i felt so uneasy during that whole scene

The whole action sequence at the end was kino and that dog deserves all the whole fucking world

yes, my favorite part was when leo torched that farmie

she is literally the best thing about the whole movie, I don't care what anyone says

Attached: margot-robbie-sharon-tate-ouatih.jpg (620x930, 200K)

>Rick was playing a cowboy for a TV
>meanwhile, Cliff was doing TV cowboy shit in real life
Whoa.....

Attached: Margaret-Qualley-Feet-4379344.jpg (1920x1080, 90K)

>cliff do all the heavy work at the end (like a stuntman)
>rick just finish the last hippie off and get all the credit/glory by meating sharon

Attached: Cliff_Booth.jpg (608x742, 181K)

For me she's not a ''character'' in the movie, it's almost like there's a camera following Sharon around and we are just spending some time with her, knowing her as a movie star going to parties and her private life, like when she's sleeping and snoring, knowing what really happened irl makes everything more tragic but at the end of the movie tarantino rewrites story once again and give her the chance to continue her life like nothing happened.

i actually like this point of view a lot

for fuck sake quentin

Attached: 1521780839378.png (1312x1600, 472K)

sucks how all the posters look like shit
this is the only decent one

Attached: once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-poster.jpg (2024x3000, 2.95M)

i want this poster

muh dick the whole time except for the foot bit, im not a foot guy

is the netflix mini series release going to be a thing? fuck I hope so, imagine 4 episodes of one hour each

based tarantula

Attached: once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-poster.jpg (187x204, 55K)

>having nostalgia goggles for an era you have never lived in
That is truly PATHETIC.

>Tarantino?
MORE LIKE TARANKINO

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 4.33.17 PM copy.png (878x873, 398K)

An era that never existed. It's a sanitized view of the period.

Wow, Sony Marketing Dept shills still trying to con people into seeing this tripe after 5 weeks. Some Sony execs jobs must be hanging in the balance.

The fake old Italian movie posters were the worst. Just Leo literally sitting on the ground like he's a lazy fuck.

Attached: 1567921337491.png (226x202, 52K)

0 IQ
>WOW SHARON TATE IS SO PURE AND BEAUTIFUL IT'S SO BAD WHAT HAPPENED TO HER

100 IQ
>Sharon Tate the person was just another filthy soulless cumrag in a town flooded with them

100000 IQ
>Rick and Cliff's friendship makes this a great movie and nothing else really matters

Why are you posting cartoonish images of yourself virgin?

What the hell?

Boring as shit and not even the comfy type of boring.

>muh pleb filter
it was fucking dogshit and the opposite of kino.

Attached: 31595b2f69e53fbd08a692b8a93bb2dd10f850c1_full.jpg (184x184, 11K)

it was really cute how she went and saw her own movie and how happy she was
as a nostalgafag i can really relate

So sexy miniskirt babe ahhhh rest those thighs on my face babyyy

I really liked it. Extra comfy movie that didn't feel like 3 hours long at all. Not my favourite Tarantino (nothing will ever match Kill Bill imo) but a great film nonetheless.
The lack of racial diversity was a plus. God LA has changed since.

it missed a little plot.

I liked it. Tarantino is usually too nihilistic and subversive for me to enjoy his stuff much beyond the first viewing but I think this'll be different. Pretty wholesome by his standards. Definitely felt the length though, I'm not saying it should have been shorter as the circuitous plot progression is essential to the overall feel I think, just kind of a downside for me.

Also brad pitt using acid powers to muder hippies in self defense.

Attached: 1447493618777.jpg (600x544, 90K)

I love Tarantino, he does a service to Hollywood by filtering out plebs. Every single one of his films is a pleb filter. Without exception, if someone says they like a Tarantino film, they are showing themselves to be a pleb that cannot actually tell what kino is and instead are just bandwagon jumpers trying to show how sophisticated they are to the other smoothbrains. It's absolutely wonderful.

I want to be a world class director instead of a world class actor
>respected by your peers
>good level of fame where you don't get mobbed in public
>jews are your slaves, they obey your requirements and fight among themselves to produce your movie
>actors, actresses are your chattle who will fight to be in your movie
>top directors make serious money too

What's upsetting is their is going to some liberal graduate student teaching a film class that uses their friendship as an example of "repressed gay feelings" or something stupid lile that. My film professor in college claimed the two old best friends in Let the Right One In were secret gay lovers

Julia Butters stole the show.

Attached: 66855717_486583502138243_1599754858287448230_n.jpg (1080x1332, 128K)

Still have not heard any arguments why the movie is bad. Did all the wojak posting ruined your little brain? Are you unable to form a opinion that's not a meme?

For me it's Squeaky

Attached: 4218288.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

Yep except that only 3/4 directors do that.

The rest gets tossed around like cumrags by disney and is forced to comply to their diversity standard or they will replace you and put CGI all over the part of the movie you filmed

Those are some nice tiddies.

who's the girl on the phone with the stuffed bear, was that cut?

They can't into real filmmaking, that's why

I counted 4 blatant dirty feet scenes. It was weird.

Weird fucking movie, Tarantino was satirizing so much shit left and right (himself included, even) that I couldn't keep up. Real nice though, had a lot of fun watching it.

The sharon tate scenes literally hijack the plot for no reason just to show you her feet in a cinema.
Also footfags an underage b& despite literally making a point of underage blowjobs in that very scene.

All of the visuals were fantastic, the DP and Tarantino did a great job there. The plot was pretty boring and it felt fairly dry. Leo and Brad gave great performances

Disgusting fetishes thrown on screen. Tarantino is hideously low test, constant feet, hairy armpits and flat asses.

Feet is high test tho

4? I counted 3 with 7 women