At what point did you realize you were watching absolute fucking kino?

At what point did you realize you were watching absolute fucking kino?

For me it was
>when Deet sees the outside world for the first time

Attached: The_Dark_Crystal-Age_of_Resistance_(2019).png (397x252, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RudzOqb-fRc
youtube.com/watch?v=qUryY7oN7kg
youtube.com/watch?v=sUUtK9FFIt4
youtube.com/watch?v=4HlhlClb0is
rarbgproxy.org/torrent/pgdlxv5
youtube.com/watch?v=AKXfSNDggi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HURR WEN I FIGGERED OUT DAT SKEKISTANIS R DA JOOZ N GELFERS R LIKE DA WITES LOLOLOLOL XDDD SHADILY

Why does user do this :(

Hmm no sweetie the skeksis are the nazis, incel.

based hup singing in the prison cell

I’m not really into cartoons and anime, and haven’t seen the movie. Would I like this?

its neither of those things

This, but unironically

Yeah it’s puppets which seems on the same level to me, but would I enjoy it?

When Mira got drained and the Skeks were dancing while Rian bawled like a bitch.

That's when I knew they weren't padding the edges and I was getting full Dark Crystal.

This is what I do. I plant stories in ground, watch grow into truth.

yikes sweetie cringe um no honey have sex

Chamberlain’s speech at the end of the first episode.

I'd talk about it, but this thread is probably 5 minutes away from deletion because someone is going to bring up the fact that the Skeksis have an awful lot in common with a certain group of Hebrews.

This. It was doubly confirmed during the duel between Skekmal and Rian and his dad.

its like got/lotr but with puppets

Deet!

This. The Chamberlain is such a piece of shit in the movie and in the show. He's vile, but also very charming in his own way. He steals the show.
10/10 would get backstabbed by.

The Emperor must remember his own words.
We are Lords of the Crystal, yes?
Even if Rian talk, none will believe.
They will shun him.
Cast him out.
How can they not?
To believe him is not to believe themselves.
Skeksis reign a thousand trine and will reign a thousand thousand more, until last star in sky goes dark.
Gelfling will submit, head bowed, back bent as have always done.
Gelfling want to be ruled.
Gelfling need to be ruled.
Because Gelfling are weak!
Gelfling are small.
And Skeksis are forever!
We took the Crystal.
Thra belongs to us now.
And is nothing...nothing Gelfling can do!

>tfw this show rekindled a love for high fantasy that had been dead since the 6th grade

Attached: kaiji.gif (245x245, 992K)

This. I also liked the scene when the scientist beat that helper to death with a metal rod.

Attached: m9cmhwd1z2l31.jpg (640x854, 69K)

I was starting to get numb to my empty life

Now this 10 hours of peak escapism has made me crave more again

His conversation with Rian in the carriage is good too
>Go then! Have your war!
>Rian stays put like a bitch
That's when you know you've got a good bad guy, when he can offer the hero freedom and he won't take it.

Where can i watch this online for free? i dont have any streaming subscriptions

just get the fucking free trial for a month

When Scientist got his eyeball eaten

Do I have to watch the original Dark Crystal before i see this?

Same. I'm still amazed a show of this caliber is on Shitflix.

This would be so cool to binge watch on acid

Their slurping up her remains is absolute kino.

rarbg

it really doesn't matter a lot. They're completely different tonally and the movie would give you a pretty good idea of how the series will end. The movie does however help you to understand a lot of the ideas and themes of the show.

You'll have a different experience with either order, but both of those experiences are fine

You honestly should. There's a ton of references here and there.

I thought it was hilarious that for the first few days the alt-righters didn't even notice the jewish parallel and everyone of you was convinced the Skeksis were an analogue for Trump and his cronies, The Gelfling were leftists because they had a matriarchal society and many of our heroes were women in leadership positions, and this whole show was about resisting trump and how this whole show was a subversive liberal plot manufactured by a conclave of Zionist executives at netflix working for Hillary's shadow government to destroy American values.

But now it's flipped the other way, now the Skeksis are the jews and this is about whites resisting the jewish conclave who are sucking the life force out of whites, and the jews upset the natural order and put women in charge because women are weak rulers who suffer from women's emotions, so it's the duty of all whites to band together and throw off their oppressors.

It's almost like it's not specifically allegorical and you can project whatever bullshit you want onto a story of good resisting evil. But that wouldn't be the case in 2019 because now everything surely was made with politics in mind first and foremost, especially puppet shows for children based on a puppet movie from the 80s.

>SkekLach sounds like she's voiced by a granny.
>Voiced by some chick named "Awkwafina".
>Look her up, she's a hot 30-year-old asian QT.
What the fuck?!

Attached: Big Dong Expansion.jpg (1280x832, 153K)

how do you not know who awkwafina is at this point?

I don't watch shit like The Angry Birds Movie 2 or Storks.

i watched it all on 123movies. use adblock

When the two gelfs started mind fucking on the balcony I knew we had a winner

I don't give a shit about popular culture all that much. Hell, I don't even know half of the popular modern actors names these days, or what songs are popular, or what have you.

I just play video games.

Attached: I used to be with it.jpg (512x384, 40K)

Reported for racism outside of Yea Forums enjoy your ban, loser.

>When based Chamberlain drinks the last drops of that girl with the ugly voice essence

Which one of these niggas speaks the truth?

You got one "yes" and one "whichever is fine"

Make your decision. Most people would say that watching things in order of creation is correct

>Dark Crystal
You could call the Gelfling Essence "Dark Cristal"!
youtube.com/watch?v=RudzOqb-fRc

Opening of episode 4, with Hup singing in prison.

Been humming this shit for 2 weeks now.
>HO'S!

OR PERHAPS HE’S WONDERING WHY YOU’S STAB A SKEKS BEFORE THROWING HIM HIM INTO A GOBBLE PATCH

Attached: 542D13DD-04F2-4183-BEDD-940F966F2FAE.jpg (480x480, 59K)

why the FUCK is he immune to gobbles?

This was supposed to be a show about ugly puppets. Why do they make me feel like this.

Attached: elfpods.jpg (1050x467, 50K)

>tfw no qt puppeteer gf
>tfw no qt puppet gf

Attached: beccyhenderson.png (494x577, 434K)

>Watch behind the scenes, all the puppeteers read their lines and acted out their scenes
>They were all dubbed over by famous actors after the fact
Felt bad for them.

I assumed that he covers himself in oils or poisons to keep things from eating him.

Does it show any scenes with the original VA dialogue? Wonder what the quality difference is between the original VA and the people they hired afterwards as the famous actors all did a pretty fantastic job.

youtube.com/watch?v=qUryY7oN7kg

He’s a big guy

>the puppeteers read their lines and acted out their scenes
>voiced over afterwards
This is actually a common practice in film puppeteering. This was done with Yoda in the OT, Team America World Police, and others. It makes the production smoother as opposed to working the puppets in silence. The script and queue go together.

Gurjin

Huh, people have been making out that the puppeteers thought their voice work would be in the final product only to have it all replaced by other actors.

Some of the writring was beyond anything I expected.
>i plant lies in ground, watch grow into truth
>you have heart, ill take that too
>the entire chamberlain speech in the carriage

Really liked the part where the Emperor talks about how he dreams, but it's all nightmares.

When the Lord's envoy arrived in the mountain village in the first episode.
Honestly before that whole scene I was REEEEEALLY iffy on what I'd seen so far. The whole opening of the first episode is kinda shite desu. The puppetry was jarringly bad and its not a good introduction to the rest of the series.

the real issue is the show is so much more advanced in effects and puppetry that the movie will seem really stiff in comparison
the movie is just 1.5 episodes length anyway, might as well watch it first (just keep in mind the gelflings are a bit dull in the movie and way more developed in the show, the skeksis are great in both though again better in the show)

So they said that they have a concrete plan already for Season 2, and are mostly just waiting on reception to give it the greenlight. They said it might not take as long as you think, but even if they only had to film it, that would still take about a year and a half.

I think they left it pretty open for a Season 2, and they could wrap it all up with a final third season for after the movie. What do you all think?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 1.51.07 AM.png (1090x952, 1.05M)

Whole lot of feels in this show.

Best way to do it is movie first, since obviously the show is much more advanced with the current techniques in puppetry, etc. You will understand a lot more about the movie watching the show first, but it could also be kind of depressing since everyone is just gone and dead lol

I'd say do the movie first.

this guy is the puppeteer behind the 'Puppet show' of the Heretic, he made a good job

youtube.com/watch?v=sUUtK9FFIt4

lol
I forgot the absolute mad man Henson originally intended for the movie to be entirely in a made up language with no subtitles..

RIAN A CUTE

Me too, you can understand the tragedy of their existence.

That's never the case. Just use common sense: Is it easier to correctly convey the motion of the puppets, while responding to others with dialogue and action, in silence, or if you're actually reading their lines?

Watch it right now m8

Attached: Seladon.jpg (1280x576, 75K)

I hate and love you the show for making me miss the fantasy muppet era kino of the 80s that has overall been abandoned.

For you

getting heavy turtles flashbacks when this scene started

Toast

me neither, yet it's my favourite show 2019 besides chernobyl.

I feel a whole lot less cynical knowing that Henson is still Henson even after all this time.

>he doesn't know

user Hensen is dead m8 it's his daughter handling everything along with most if not all of his old team together again

I think he meant the company.

Watch the documentary its pure kino

He does know, retard. He's talking about the Henson company.

Attached: SP774-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 62K)

I had never heard of her either

>deet smells so bad she acts as an insect repellent
an earthy aroma only a podling could love

>Squeefox

There are many scenes that can lead to bad trips.

Last time I tried to watch tv on acid, the characters just teleported around the screen or froze still for what felt like seconds at a time. It was incomprehensible

Huh, I always thought the voice actors were on set reading the lines alongside the puppeteers.

I love this

So the Emperor is fully aware of everything will happen in the movie already right?

The skeksis are fucking terrifying to watch while seriously dosed on stuff. Tried a few nights ago and had to turn it off during the opening scene around the crystal.

He was honestly doing Rian a favor, Deet is such an upgrade

The quantity and intensity of whinging you guys did before it started about how it was really about Trump and hostility to white male incels helped. You're all fucking pathetic.

dunno really. while it was in production I noticed among all the screen and tv actors in the cast they were recruiting ones already known for their voice performances, I was only surprised Jason Isaacs and Mark Hamill didn't switch roles

>The skeksis are fucking terrifying to watch while seriously dosed on stuff.

They're more disturbing when they're not. The body of a Skeksis (especially unclothed) fucking horrifies me.

This is a work of passion.
youtube.com/watch?v=4HlhlClb0is

I want to see a gelfling girl get gang raped with full nudity. Is that weird?

WHY DO GELFLING HURT US SO?

nope it's based

In the current climate? No.

>comparing got to lotr
faggot

Some of the characters were voiced by their puppeteers:
>the blind Gelfling maudra (who also plays the fat gormund Skeksis, even played him back in the original)

>the Skeksis scrollkeeper. (who also plays Rian)

>Hup

>Scientist...
I swear I heard several lines he said, especially in the final episode, sound very unlike Mark Hamill's voice. I think the puppeteer's voice was used for some of the Scientist's lines in that episode- including right in the beginning when he approaches the Emperor and General. It sounds froggy and croakish.

You dare to make Aughra orgasm!?
Even Augura can barely make Aughra orgasm.

Attached: 61897720-c24d-11e9-937c-4518b801c004_800_420.jpg (800x420, 57K)

The artistic community is surpringly slow on this. I thought there would be a shit ton of fan art out there.

Attached: the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-5d69f11a51fc9.jpg (1000x1426, 971K)

Attached: Ordon.jpg (756x1147, 503K)

Attached: ddfmqf3-012694f0-2bfb-4978-8889-3f29e9e02121.jpg (1200x1680, 1.25M)

flixtor.to

Attached: the-dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-5d69f12f23d99.jpg (1000x562, 305K)

Best rip so far.
rarbgproxy.org/torrent/pgdlxv5

When the chamberlain did his first mmmMMMhhh.

Seriously though, throughout the whole first episode I felt like I was in for something promising. The chamberlains final dialogue with the Emperor sealed the deal

Better puppets than farscape?

Deet a cute! A CUTE!

Attached: tumblr_px5g3lu5Dd1qdlyjwo1_r1_400.gif (268x180, 1.56M)

obviously it's 16 years later

Attached: tumblr_px6ad5mjgn1qbhtsso5_r1_400[1].gif (268x200, 1.05M)

Attached: tumblr_px9p4jNM9u1us57u5o2_r1_400[1].gif (268x180, 3M)

Attached: tumblr_px9p4jNM9u1us57u5o3_r1_400[1].gif (268x180, 1.97M)

I want to snuggle Deet all night, but this nigger is absolutely based.

Attached: batman thumbs up.gif (400x224, 536K)

'Please user! It won't fit inside me!'

Attached: tumblr_pxh9guZeFl1tdkro1o3_540[1].gif (540x250, 2.92M)

Couldn't make it 15 seconds. Robot Chicken is the lowest tier possible.

Attached: tumblr_pxh9guZeFl1tdkro1o5_r1_500[1].gif (500x231, 2.52M)

do i need to watch the original to enjoy this? Is the original also on netflix?

I currently have a rip with all the same specs except mine is x264-NTG and this is x265.10bit.HDR.
How different?

High Dynamic Range means it's gonna look amazing on a true HDR display (OLED prefered).

Attached: tumblr_pxgdukXejM1y8ov96o1_400[1].gif (300x181, 1.74M)

Is this like Robot Chicken meets LotR?

>do i need to watch the original to enjoy this?
no
>Is the original also on netflix?
>having netflix in 2020-1

No it's like image related.

Attached: tumblr_px7kbx1rem1qaj0h3o1_r1_540[1].gif (540x230, 2.97M)

Gives me lotr behind the scenes vibes, hope they do more of it

More like Muppet's Lord of the Rings.

Attached: tumblr_px7kbx1rem1qaj0h3o5_r1_540[1].gif (540x230, 2.93M)

Chamberlain picked trial by stone on purpose. The skek is an absolute genius, the kind of mind that folds with pocket aces

Attached: IMG_20190904_231556_767.jpg (500x674, 74K)

>Is the original also on netflix?
Yes

Attached: tumblr_px9cbym3L41uvgqg5o1_1280.jpg (1000x800, 205K)

The absurdity of this scene made me chuckle. I really like the duo

>I HATE FUN AND BLACKS REEEEEEEEEEEE

At first I thought Hup was Franco British.

Attached: anigif_sub-buzz-5242-1565720157-1[1].gif (640x282, 1.24M)

So we're 90% sure Rian is going to be Jen's father/paternal ancestor and Mira is Kira's mother/maternal ancestor but who is Jen mother/maternal ancestor and who is Kira's father/paternal ancestor?

Attached: tumblr_n3vu1jydWl1rxcc4do3_500.png.jpg (500x326, 64K)

Meta-puppet show was best scene in the whole series, fight me.

Is this even good? It looks like shit.

He doesn't give a fuck

>It looks like shit.
Yeah, if you hate puppets like a plebe.

robot chicken is for redditors
yep, it was good in thunderbolt fantasy and it's good here.

More like Game of Thrones meets Fraggle Rock.

Makes me hope for a Gerry Anderson comeback

It's very good. And it's honestly way darker than I expected, the movie got shit for being too dark in the 80s, so it would never have been made nowadays. And yet the series doubles down on the dark stuff. I'm pretty sure parents would rather let their kids watch Deadpool than this.

I'm pretty sure it's adults watching it more than kids anyhow. Kids don't watch TV they vidya and watch shitty music vids on Youtube.

Not to mention the grotesqueness of the Skeksis.

So it’s like team america?

blah blah spoiler alert

>S1 finale: Yay! The clans are uniting, the Arathim are with us, we have the crystal shard, all our hard work is paying off! We may have some obstacles yet, but for the first time we truly have HOPE.
>S2 finale: literally everyone is dead.
Why even bother with this kind of story - we know how it ends and it's awful. Unlike the prequel trilogy, for example, we at least got to learn of Anakin's "fall", as contrived and poorly executed as it was, Obi-Wan's youth, the Emperor's rise, etc. - all characters that played important roles in the original series. Here we meet a bunch of characters who will literally be eradicated. Even the majority of S1 Skeksis, save the Chamberlain, don't even make it to the movie or play a real role in the movie.

I want to suffer her darkening instead
I want to comb her hair
I want to put her sideways on my lap and hug her forever
I want to visit her CAVE and feed superworms
I want to rub her ears
I want to decapitate everyone that looks at Deet with contempt

Attached: 1491205626589.png (493x276, 37K)

The series definitely isn't pretending to be a kids show. It is obvious they know this hits a bigger chord with adults.

What's even the point of the 3 little swedes.
Only Tavra was interesting but they either got captured/cucked/dead.
Feels like Brea was only there to activate Lore, who was more useful.

Seladon was there so we could have the "Uh... NO" scene, which is completely worth it if you ask me.

Protip: Kira and Jen are brother and sister.

hot

Fap fap fap

Why is he the only Skeksis that can run?

Attached: 1538535282026.jpg (2000x2997, 862K)

hhhhhhhmmmMMMMMMmmmm

yeah, he's not lazy like the rest.

They took a beloved dark children's movie with puppets and turned it into a dark children's show with puppets. It's good for what it is. The plot is your standard end-of-the-world good guys versus bad guys stuff, the writing is basic (but not bad), the characters are generally about as likeable or hateable as they're intended to be. It's a kid's show. Standard stuff.

Unless you're normally into that kind of thing, you're probably going to be watching it for two reasons:

1) Nostalgia for the movie. The show generally delivers on this. It doesn't rape the film. The costumes, sets, and characters feel authentic.

2) Speaking of costumes, sets, and characters: those things are great. The puppetry is actually really well-done and fun to see. The sets are gorgeous. I wish that they had done some of the neat practical stuff that the film did (like making matching full-sized sets for costumed actors to run and jump in, then going back to the puppet-sized sets to do close-ups), but at that point it would've just been throwing money away to not use CGI so I get it. The character designs are every bit as weird and whimsical as the original.

All in all, it's basic but gorgeous.

How do I reach that level of chad?

go innawoods and only come out to sell skins.

Dude's probably the only one of his kind that actually gets exercise instead of sitting in a castle getting skinnyfat and crumbling to dust. The guy doesn't even need essence.

Is there a torrent with Japanese audio options? I want to try out and see how some of the foreign voice actors did and how they compare in Skeksis style.

at the start

Attached: 1567902552906.png (1280x457, 143K)

Do you not want to see The Gelfling Extermination?

I hope we get to see the emperor using more of his dark sorcerous powers in the next season.

When Deet showed up I love her bros.

Filthy Grottan

The 7+ rating is bonkers. The scientist beating the stitch-lip slave to death made me more uneasy than any gratuitously violent scene has ever managed in GOT.

Attached: 1567892724629.png (1920x1080, 981K)

"He took pride in being the strongest, fastest, and most athletic of the Skeksis, and despite Skeksis law prohibiting the murder of other Skeksis, skekMal was not afraid to threaten other Skeksis if they attempted to stop him claiming a trophy from his prey. Like most Skeksis, he believed Gelfling were inferior to him due to how weak they were in comparison, and considered them such easy prey that hunting them was not worth it unless they proved to be a true danger. He also expresses some disgust towards his fellow Skeksis for their indulgent lifestyle, calling them petty."

No. Bear in mind, the original isn't paced well and the main characters are dull af. I'd go as far as to say it isn't a very good movie on its own, only the puppetry/skeksis makes it interesting.

>repels chiggers
What the fuck you can't say that

As soon as I saw ‘resistance’ I rolled my eyes
This isn’t thinly veiled drumpf hate propaganda is it?

This is what the children need.

It's more generally about environmental destruction so it isn't anti-Trump per se

meh Tom and Jerry is more violent.

If you see your President as an ancient beak faced lizard that drinks peoples life essences then maybe. Do you? If so why are you upset?

hmmmmmmmmm

It's your typical fantasy story of good vs evil.
If anything, Skeksis are allegorical nazis - racist, genocidal, fascistic etc. despite the jew meme.

>I thought it was hilarious that for the first few days the alt-righters didn't even notice the jewish parallel
I saw an over-the-top antisemitic show right after 30 seconds into it. To be fair this what I was vaguely and ironically expecting to see, knowing the 1982 movie. However it went beyond anything I could ever had hoped for - I had to stop playing and make screenshots ("It saw! It knows!" - "shut it down! shut it down!") right away.

Attached: UrSkek.jpg (2165x3902, 1.08M)

(turns out Jim Henson was pretty fucking based & redpilled, btw.)
youtube.com/watch?v=AKXfSNDggi4

Attached: photo_2019-09-08_02-27-03.jpg (984x1052, 186K)

Add in pictures of the voice actors for each for more pure concentrated info.

Why don¨t the mystics just all off themselves and kill the Skeksis? They've already been alive for over a thousand years.

Attached: 1567648487079.jpg (599x470, 72K)

In that they both exist in a fantasy universe, fuckhead.

have sex

Wonder how much it would cost to buy a puppet from the show after it wraps

Honestly, knowing that all the Gelflings get genocided somehow enhances the experience.

yeah where is my Deet porn?

the writers hinted at an unexpected happy ending.
maybe all the goyflings move to Sirius?

>500 dollar
It's cool. but is it THAT cool?

Attached: 1565833188e303feacd554cb8af64e603aa67f7097_2000x.jpg (1000x1000, 93K)

Attached: snyqmg9gyak31.jpg (960x821, 118K)

For me, it's Hup.

without the blood splattering.

Is it full sized? Like could you get a full 6 foot life size Skeksis statue to put in your room?

QUICK
Do I need to watch the movie first before seeing this?

No just watch the show

Mudeaters out

It's 1:6, so fairly big. I wonder what a full sized version would cost.

Who the hell wants to wake up to a life size skeksis hovering over them in the dark?

the Podling saving everyone and being based

Nah. Show is better anyways.

Me. I'd also talk to it like we were friends.

Is the movie on Netflix?

If I ever become rich, I'm going full Joe Rogan, and getting scale replicas of the Xenomorph, Chamberlain, JP Velociraptor, and the T-800 endoskeleton in my house.

It is, I just watched it last week before I started the series.

how? I can see some gelfling fleeing the extermination that reunite with Jen and Kira after the movie but there isn't going to be some happy ending where everyone lives. The skeksis made pretty damn certain they slaughtered and drained the gelfling and this story doesn't seem like its shying away from horrible death.

I'd rather get six inch scale figures that go with the classic exiled chamberlain so I can set up the entire skeksis court

Fuck knows..we dont know you. Think for yourself faggot...either watch or dont.

Because you're watching peaceful, innocent muppet creatures being abused and horrifically murdered by sadistic demon bird monsters.

>not getting life sized Skeksis of all the court and setting them up around your dinner table so every meal is a Skeksis feast

I don't have anywhere near the money to afford that but if I did, I would.

HMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I move the world
its an alien world no man has seen before as it should be and not 'fantasy Europe with small-humans-with-beards and tall-humans-with-pointy-ears'

I've been doing the chamberlain and garthim master voices for a bit now. Actually doing pretty good at it.

thhhhhpptphpppp!

Attached: HUP.jpg (663x646, 59K)

Post vocaroo

Just as Komm süsser Tod kicks in

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Seen the show three times now..this gets me every time. How a character so upbeat and positive pay the ultimate price of accepting darkness into her heart.

Attached: the.dark.crystal.age.of.resistance.s01e10.internal.hdr.1080p.web.h265-paleale.mkv_snapshot_44.13_[20 (1920x1080, 132K)

They're gonna kill hup for cheap shock effect in season 2, aren't they?

Attached: 888.jpg (1200x1200, 272K)

thats the tragedy

he will sacrefice himself for something he truely loves
a bag of spoons

Yep the whole point of the show. Even the Emperor made sacrifices to try and keep his race alive. He also pays the price. "I shall not be dust!" ;-)

if you are anything but a small child or ham planet spinster watching this who you have some serious issues desu

Its good though. You probably took one look at the thumbnail and thing youre too much of a big boy to watch it.

A good show is a good show, the fact its puppets or fantasy or whatever makes no difference you miserable faggot.

Also Hup is best character

Not Jen btw (clothing is different and no blue tint)...I think its Rian trying to heal the Crystal (but failing as its the wrong shard?).

Attached: the.dark.crystal.age.of.resistance.s01e08.internal.hdr.1080p.web.h265-paleale.mkv_snapshot_45.01_[20 (1920x1080, 127K)

whatever turd man. i dont care

Who is she the Mamma of?

Attached: the.dark.crystal.age.of.resistance.s01e08.internal.hdr.1080p.web.h265-paleale.mkv_snapshot_44.50_[20 (1920x1080, 104K)

looks like kira's moms outfit in her dreamfast with jen and looks like brea in the face.

Yeah its Brea so probably Brea/Gurjin is Kira's parents.

Kids don't care about a prequel to a cult 80's dark fantasy puppet movie. Despite the rating, it was clearly made for adults who grew up with the movie.

maybe but it might be brea and kylan

One of the best thing were the intros to each episode when the logo showed up. Very nice

said who

I doubt most kids would even enjoy this, it's too bleak and the skeksis actions too horrible and unpunished. Mb if they really like monster creatures/puppetry.

idk, i watched 2min and shut it off, dont like cartoons/anime either

>>Hup and Rian are loudly upset
>>Brea gracefully dies inside
>>Deet has no clue what's going on and is just excited to be there

You didn't even make it through the intro where they're explaining shit.

Rank your top 5 skeksis. For me it's:
>Chamberlain
>Emperor
>Hunter
>Scientist
>Scroll-Keeper

based and Hmmmmpilled

Reminder, Scientist a weak-ass bitch

Attached: 1567892495400.jpg (640x514, 90K)

They eat Thra stuff. Skeksis are aliens mang. Also Hunter is a fucking animal.

This has gotten me on a kick where I'm tracking down all the dark fantasy "kid's" movies from the 80s that used to scare the hell out of me. So far, I've got Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Neverending Story, and Return to Oz. Anything else along these lines?

>logo burns once it passes through fire in one of the episodes
Very cool. Nice touch.

he already said NES

Poddlings villages are the comfiest shit I ever saw

legend

I agree
cute little sentient potato people

Come on man. Watching Garthim tear shit up will be great.

Animated, but Secret of Nimh.

Attached: 67867798.gif (245x132, 975K)

The Black Cauldron

I can't believe this show exist, it's pure magic and soul, literally the only thing that come close is LotR

Attached: 2ef4bbcfb911745ca3bdf5c38a8dd728.jpg (1917x847, 734K)

does time bandits count?

Attached: time bandits evil.jpg (1052x829, 167K)

Legend

Mark Twain and the mysterious stranger

Time Masters (1982) is good

Attached: timemasters5.jpg (560x334, 33K)

>gelfling have skeksis surrounded
>emperor uses unlimited power
>Deet counters it
>skeksis flee
>the gelfling let them
>no one other than Rian gives a shit about Deet
Reminder that the gelfling deserve genocide.

Stop bullying skekTek!

Attached: 1524529877387.jpg (833x696, 143K)

HMMMmmmmmmm

I couldn't help but notice deet has faggot parents

I wonder if they stole their children.

Typical Grottan subGelflings

gelfling on gelfling full on penetration

they got forced to the basement for a reason

It could be that grottans live kind of like a commune where your biological parentage doesn't matter much and two buddies can raise a kid even if they're not lovers. Or maybe they're fags, who knows.

I thought that was her grandfather and father. One looked much older.

that's what I thought at first, but then character interactions led me to the dark path of realization.

They needed to drop the 3 princesses story line and use those scenes to give the Hunter more screen time so his parts don't feel as tacked on, and Archer's words of "the hunt must end" actually carry some weight.
I got the feeling that more than one character had story arcs taking place in outside material and just sort of showed up in this series expecting the audience to already know who they are. I.E. those two gelflings Rian met at the bar and the Hunter and Archer. As someone who has NOT read the books, and only learned of their existence after the series, this left me wondering what I was missing during my viewing.

yes, MORE SCREEN TIME FOR SKEKMAL

They could just be using puppets they had on hand

Christ you’re obsessed

at least Podlings are not as degenerate

Just ended episode 5 I hope something horrible happens to Inceldon fucking bitch

the podlings are great, would hang out with and party like it's 1399

The Darkening is a stupid name.

And calling them 'paladins' is kind of lazy, and Age of Resistance is a lame subtitle. But otherwise I think it all turned out great.

She survives

petetition to replace 'darkening' with 'blacked' when?

ho ho ho, are you going to get progressively angry

The gelfling have a worrying lack of killer instinct. They should have massacred the skeksis at the battle. Whats more the bit where rian said "im not a killer" made absolutely no sense. The whole point of that confrontation was to kill skeksis. Then he just pulls his sword out instead of defeating the general. Can someone explain this

how is general still alive in the movie?

>a podling is just a gelfling with down syndrome
>gelflings send them off to live in a village full of other podlings out of shame
>their gelfling families only visit occasionally to give them baths

Attached: podling care.png (864x552, 663K)

Gelflings are innocent and naive by nature to the point it could be called stupidity. its an established lore

gefling are small, gelfling are afraid of being strong like skeksis

its a title that was taken by another skeksis

The gelfling are pussies and undeserving of Thra's love. Same with the spider faggots, they also just sat on their asses and didn't do anything. Aughra should just let an ascendancy bug get in her mind, dominate their entire species and wage war herself. Her, Deet and the tree are the only component warriors Thra has to offer and one of them is fucking dead.

I suspect the "I'm not a killer" line is an editing artifact of a dropped plotline.

Also I don't think their overall plan is to kill the Skeksis, because they know they're tied to the Mystics. The Gelflings ultimately have a very childlike view of the world, where even the warriors are really just guards and the only significant enemy is a swarm of large spiders.

I think it works. It's a whole race of Frodos.

Attached: 1462203619911.jpg (1024x706, 161K)

rude

that's skekUng

>a Gelfling is just a Podling but a gayboy

Attached: born 2 till.jpg (778x658, 179K)

THE FUCKING BITCH WANTING TO HURT HER MOTHER EVEN MORE AFTER KILLING HER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>the show somehow expects you to sympathize with her
>Maudra Fara literally dies protecting her for some reason and still calls her Al-Maudra

Femoid logic is awful.

Attached: 1567244928159.jpg (373x406, 23K)

>They know they're tied to the mystics
I mean, Rian does, but not the rest of them.
Also, what's the point of starting a Rebellion if you're not willing to kill the cabal of immortal bird lizards that are literally vampirizing your people without remorse or signs of stopping? Sure, Rian knows that for every Skeses killed, a Mystic dies, but that is a small price to pay as far as Gelflings are concerned. I mean really, what have the Mystics ever done for the Gelflings?

thats why gelfling society is doomed to die
sad but natural selection

I like this painting. Do you know what its called?

nothing they're the other half of fallen angels

>>Unironically using femoid outside of /r9k

Who hurt you?

Fucking this. I also never got in the original film why the mystics who are supposed to basically be all good don't just kill themselves and wipe out the skeksis. I guess self-preservation is more important than saving the world. Like the skeksis don't deserve the hunter the mystics don't deserve the archer.

One problem I'm having is just getting a grip on the scale of the world. In the first movie there were only two Gelfling left on the surface and nine Skeksis, which is a nice manageable figure. But how many Gelfling are there total in AoR? Like a thousand per clan, max? I know it's a small fairy tale world but it does make you wonder why they could only summon like 60 total Gelfling for the climactic battle.

its called 'The dilemma of an idiot not knowing google image search'

she did

Attached: Dark-Crystal-Seladon-makeover-1.png (780x481, 401K)

Most are probably not suited for fighting. The gelfling didn't really see much combat anyway so it makes sense that their armies are small.

maybe because they wanted to merge with the skesis to become UrSkeks again.

GOD TIER
>Chamberlain
>Emperor
>Hunter
>Scientist
>Movie General

Because the Mystics are that passive. They arent just a force of goodness. They're inactive and placid while Skeksis are ambitious and violent.

I thought the skeksis were going to eat her alive when she finally discovers the truth

Same. I was on episode 6 and realized how into this shit I was. I was really apprehensive going into it too just because I was afraid of what Netflix could have done to it.

DEET DEET

Attached: Hup.jpg (1200x676, 72K)

Same. Was disappointed when they just stripped her skeksis cosplay instead

im on my phone, no need to be rude

>sorry we let your entire race get devoured by vulture demons, but we really wanted to go back home
>thanks for the assist Jen, we're off to our home planet, good luck repopulating lmao

I'm guessing there's some logic that if they all die, then the Crystal and all of Thra would be doomed, too. But now that we've seen Archer realize that he can sacrifice himself to save the Gelflings it gets kind of strange.

Attached: 1561214321150.jpg (827x528, 77K)

It's things like this that make me wish there was just one Gelfling Kingdom. Classic fantasy King and Queen sort of set up.

Mystics have flaws. They’re gentle but apathetic, lazy, and cowardly

You can image search with your phone dumbass. Just use yandex for image searches, it's better

cowardly? no sign of that at all

Aside from Archer they all refuse to intervene to help the Gelflings.

>King

OYYYYY VEYYYYYY

they're readers of prophecy, and they're unable to act against events as they're unfolding

It didn't stop Aughra. Actually on that note I'm surprised Aughra is taking as active a role as she is.

My d-d-dear fr-riend
Thank you for saving me
>darkening burst out of her skin
W-w-we a-ag-ain in Thra

Attached: Dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-deet.jpg (1200x676, 88K)

why doesn't she shoot the darkening energy into space?

the gang rape scene was a bit much.

Attached: celadon.png (1920x1080, 2.24M)

Time for a new thread hmmmmmm?

f

Attached: ashitaka.jpg (637x358, 47K)

Shut up or StarWars franchise are gonna make a new DeathStar with Deet

>that scene with the Skesis hunting the guards and then the feast
jesus this shit is ISIS tier

that was great

the arrogance of the guards thinking they were ever needed by their lords for protection and that they were easy prey

Just watched the first episode. Holy fuck, it’s amazing.

it's it though? it comes off like a fluke, things in the 21st century aren't supposed to be good

they have actually done jim henson proud

>when Deet sees the outside world for the first time
Me too. It was so fucking beautiful.

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTARY

Attached: flinteart-Glomgold-1200x676.jpg (1200x676, 68K)