Tv Downgrades

Anyone downgrade their TV set up to get a more comfy feel while watching your daily programming?

Attached: IMG_3437.jpg (3860x2939, 3.14M)

No, I'm not retarded.

i just watch movies without my glasses on

Good God why would you do this? Blade Runner 2049 doesn't deserve this.

kys

/thread

>daily programming
dude you're a faggot

fpbp

Only for aesthetic purposes. like for an art exhibit

>tfw got a secondhand N64 that my flatscreen won't even read off the component cables because 240p is a foreign fucking language or something
Almost makes me want to get a shitty CRT.

This is a decent idea man. After watching OUATIH (check out tarantinos playist on spotifiy) I realized how much enjoyment you can get from a certain time period. It's enjoying the aesthetic of that time. I think I'm gonna get do this, thanks OP.

Go to the thrift store and buy a $30 tv. It's what I did and it is pretty nice.

>This is a decent idea man. After watching OUATIH (check out tarantinos playist on spotifiy) I realized how much enjoyment you can get from a certain time period. It's enjoying the aesthetic of that time. I think I'm gonna get do this, thanks OP.

Attached: 1524300443583.png (740x724, 37K)

Might make you feel like you are young again

dammit im a reddiittt!

Attached: 1499923601474.jpg (676x338, 39K)

fpbp

pretty based op as long as you dont blog about it on social media for hipster points

Attached: 1528588334380.png (416x212, 72K)

i'm trying to go from 42 inch to 32 inch but that's because i want to keep my tv on my desk.

Attached: 1546094458895.webm (640x640, 2.23M)

Why would you downgrade to CRT if there's no point in watching live TV or using DVDs anymore? You've got emulators if you wanna play old video games too.
>muh comfy

Attached: nice thumbnail.gif (500x281, 493K)

Vhs tapes have a fuzzzier comfy grade to them, you could watch these instead of tv downgrade faggotry

> deciding to encode your 1080p content to divx or vcd for the feels.

If you're gonna watch a movie on a crt at least get a 16:9 Sony crt and watch em in 1080i

Pretty based if you ask me

CRT is the chad of monitors. Equipped to handle any resolution, true blacks, weighs a fuck ton so niggers will never steal it, faster response time, can kill a man with one, high end crt STILL have a richer color palette
Skinny flat panel oled is pure beta virgin garbage

got my tv in 2002

I wouldn't necessarily do this all the time, or to do HD movies, but I do remember in the 90's when I first had a TV in my room and watched Demolition man when it aired on a local fox channel with the antenna because I didn't have a cable hookup in my room.

Attached: dmo.gif (500x206, 1.15M)

This is mostly underrated but sometimes I'll switch my monitor to black & white and watch movies that way.

Attached: drive-movie-review-image-header.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

>Old good
>New bad

it is pretty retarded, but watching old vhs tapes gives me the comfiest feels

This is a great idea for Christmas movies. During a snow storm, I'd love to sit in a room with a fireplace and tube TV, drink scotch, and watch The Year without a Santa Claus and It's a Wonderful Life.

I never upgraded from 1080i crt, I just don't think any modern flat screen tv has the same warmth and the resolution is basically HD

Its only just getting their with oled, Its 32" but I don't want anything bigger huge 50" tvs dominate peoples rooms

Attached: 1529709150950s.jpg (250x222, 7K)

>owning movies bad

Attached: 416x416.jpg (416x416, 21K)

response time for old games
correct aspect ratio for old games
old games employed tricks that made use of the way crts displayed images

Attached: sk3hoaamzmh11.jpg (2284x1377, 294K)

went from a 4k lcd to panasoinc plasma. Not sure if it was a downgrade cause the benfits outwiegh the cons for me.

comfy

Attached: IMG_3968.jpg (3264x2448, 2.79M)

Nostalgiafags are the most pathetic people on the planet

Serious, non-meme answer: they have autism. Or live in a former soviet country.

I emulate N64 on a FHD screen and it looks great. I wonder how shit it looks on a crt TV.

imagine a girls reaction at your 20yo tvs
they probably think you are poor af

inb4 >caring about women
virgin mindset

Attached: 1544074025213.png (266x363, 258K)

this

i am 34

my gf was with me when I bought the tv in 2005

so you dont cheat on her?

Who /digitalOTAantenna/ here

Someone on Yea Forums converted a blu-ray version of BR 2049 into VHS quality.
Can't find the link though.

Attached: 1567919092885.png (600x798, 643K)

Amen

Why not take tv on the go?

Attached: IMG_20190706_051829.jpg (800x480, 68K)

Honestly, I want to try this now.

>No backlight.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

>try this now
>implying this wasn't how I watched movies on my tv until the mid 00s

Well, at least it won't send all your conversations to the CIA or Beijing.

DId you watched Blade Runner 2049 on your tv in the mid 00s?

i hate CRT because of the whine. I guess they're fine once you're ancient and your hearing goes, but they all have that high pitched shit that doesn't go away unless It's off.

I watch material originally released for Television before digital displays were the norm on a CRT. Mostly anime but i’ve watched Twin Peaks and Twilight Zone this way too. Max comfy.

It's actually impressive that it works on a gameboy advance. Thought ds would be the earliest iteration to have video playing capabilities

>he cares about what other people say
>he cares about what girls say

Attached: 1567879153742.jpg (1200x1174, 191K)

There's a processor in the cart the does the heavy lifting

>shitty zoomera will never know what it's like to play with static dancing off the front of your CRT

not if you “date” (ie. causally fuck) arthoes. they love that shit.

if you wanna get arthoes into bed, just tell them you have a CRT in your bedroom and “artistic” videos you shot using VHS in the style of harmony korine.

I prefer a home projector

just finished an blu-ray rip of the waterloo (1970) on a few custom modded GBA video carts. It made it hard to figure out who was who cause of the compression but I just guessed anyone who sounded french was neapolitan and anyone who sounded brittish was a brit prob.

I agree but everyone has different tastes your fucking schizo zoomer mongoloid redditor.

...the big flat panel my parents bought burned out. The new flat panel they bought to replace it had a firmware problem and no one can do anything about it. We are currently watching the old CRT tv they gave me for my room.

Fuck no. I grew up using VCR, CRTs and shit and I don't ever wanna go back. I very much enjoy my LG OLED playing 4K Blurays with a Polk speaker set up.

Attached: 1559626333459.jpg (323x323, 72K)

Most reddit thing I've seen all day. Kill yourself.

>implying I'm not watching the X-files right now on pic/related

Attached: Nokia N95 2007.jpg (800x600, 46K)

>Not Klipsch
Still clinging to the old shit days, user?

I watched the original Blade Runner recently on laserdisc on an old CRT and everything about it felt so right. Like when I was a kid back then imagining what 2019 would be like, I didn't imagine big high resolution flat screens. I just imagined having my own apartment living my own life and unwinding after the craziness 2019 would throw at me with a movie and watching that really brought it into its full flourished form.

I figure in 2032 I'll watch Demolition Man on a CRT as well and maybe with a big collection of guns I stole from a museum.

>Caring about women

>Unironically owning a Tel-Avivision
Good goy.

virgin mindset

You can probably get them free from the dump

not a CRT, but it's a piece of shit i got for free.

Attached: dvd vcr combo.jpg (3068x1836, 1.6M)

This. I remember hearing about it, though I don't think it was a Yea Forums tard.
If you find the torrent post it ITT.
They played it via blueray, but recorded it onto a VHS, and then reorced the vhs footage back onto a computer or something. Might’ve been a little bit more elaborate than that.