What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: always-sunny-in-philadelphia.jpg (720x481, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7pay5uPYde0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mac came out of the closet

It was dropping in quality well before that.

the last true episode is the one where they all drown to death. thats how the series shouldve officially ended. they used to write the episodes themselves (charlie, genn ans rob) but ever since then theyve had writers to write the show so i guess everything else is just professional grade fan fiction which is still pretty bad.

Attached: 0CC4330141014CA4AD157A062E4DF377.png (1280x1248, 861K)

>that photo
This show screams Reddit and soifags. Those "funny(!!!)" faces they're making makes me wish that I could kick the shit out of each of them.

>What went wrong?
its no secret

Attached: this-shit.png (598x766, 533K)

>noo they are making funny faces!
lmao faggot

>The only time Always Sunny had diversity in its writers room was during one of its worst seasons ever

But don't worry, nobody at FXX will see a connection and the show will continue to hire people based on gender and skin color instead of merit as this once great series goes out with a whimper.

Boiling frog. At some point the frog died and we got shit like Frank's Brother and that last finale. Season 4 was the last solid one. Gems were found after, but they became fewer and fewer.

>show will continue to hire people based on gender

Attached: 06.23 PM.png (968x735, 780K)

>Writes one episode
>Not even a good one
>Brags about it

Why are women so desperate to be noticed?

Season 10 was the last good season. Some episodes of 11 were ok but when I saw the opening of Frank Falls out the Window I officially dropped it

>Why are women......

Attached: 03.34PMeatshit.png (631x344, 337K)

I think it’s funny that in season 7 Rob gained 50 pounds because he wanted to subvert typical sitcom characters who’s appearance drastically improves in the later seasons of the show, and then in season 13 he’s literally ripped out of nowhere and Dee has clearly had plastic surgery

>he’s literally ripped out of nowhere and Dee has clearly had plastic surgery

Attached: 31-18 at 07.45 PM.png (1031x759, 1.38M)

"Time's up for the gang" was pretty funny

stay seething kaitlyn

>was pretty funny

Attached: faggotnigger04.20 PM.png (350x416, 288K)

>stay seething kaitlyn

Attached: 07.45 PM.png (281x302, 178K)

Attached: 132624934073.gif (250x188, 706K)

Too many women writers now

You grew up.

I liked it, I laughed multiple times while watching it.

>I laughed multiple times

Attached: 04.36 PM.png (308x348, 202K)

Aren't the all trying to make their own network tv shows now? Dee has the mick, Dennis has AP bio, Charlie has the cool kids and his film career, and mac has some dumb show for apple tv

You're the cumguzzler that thinks this pablum is funny, shitdick.

Attached: 05.50 PM.png (1147x648, 926K)

I disagree with most and think it only got bad with season 13.

At least she doesn't fuck niggers lmfao

they got too caught up in trying to make "always sunny episodes" instead of just making good tv

pretty sure the mick got axed

>pretty sure the mick got axed
Why? was it bad?

>was it bad?
first season was 'different'

second season it became the same diversity bullshit that kills everything else

Attached: 31-18 at 09.22 PM 001.png (1148x651, 1.83M)

just generic by the book garbage network sitcom. it wasn't funny at all

AP bio isn't terrible, even though patton needs to be brought to justice. haven't seen mac or charlies shows.

also dee plays dee in her show and dennis plays dennis in his show, what do you think is more interesting

That episode was trash

>what do you think is more interesting

Attached: fucku05.39 PM 001.png (493x521, 381K)

>guest writers as far back as season 2
>Charlie and Rob wrote one episode for season 13
>It was Mac's gay dance episode
Season 13 is criminally underrated because you pissant whiners are too caught up screeching about ESS-JAY-DOUBLEJEWS to actually see what they're doing. "The Gang Beats Boggs: Lady Edition" could just as easily have been called "Why Femmebusters Was Always a Stupid Idea".

IT IS THE JEWS, RABBI

Attached: 1537971417158.png (448x448, 19K)

I wasn't aware they changed writers until this thread, when I watched the season I kept thinking the episodes were pretty weak compared to their prime. Now at least I know why.

That's not why I think S 13 sucks.

it had issues since S1
overall it's a stupid person's comprehension of Seinfeld with little to none of the good writing
occasionally in the early seasons there's a decently funny situation that is thoroughly ruined by the faux-natural dialogue and overacting
the show should've followed its pilot and set the series in LA among a group of friends trying to break into acting, it would've have worked much better then

This and only this. They caved to the SJW crowd that doesn't even watch the show.

>missing the point
I would get that about the boggs reboot episode, but what the fuck was that gay dance thing? I mean, I get what Robb was trying to do, since his mom is a dyke or something, but ffs, the episode was incredibly mediocre and felt ridiculously out of place.

but he knew what he was doing, anyone who complains about that episode is an homophobe or something.

>show goes to shit once women and PoC start writing
wow what a surprise

she does fuck niggers though

>Based
s2
s3
s5
s7

>Strong
s1
s4
s6
s8
s9
s10
s11

>Weak
s12

>Season 13
s13

Dennis plays Dennis in AP bio? So like, has he raped one of the high school girls? Because Dennis was confirmed for legit pedophile

Show got too predictable for me and the characters stopped being characters. It's always Mac & Charlie + usually Frank vs. Dee and Dennis in whatever the issue of the current episode is. Mac is le ebic gay Christian who denies being gay, charlie is borderline mentally handicapped now instead of just being the poorly educated glue huffer, Dee is a bitch haha isnt that funny to hear again for the 5000000th time, Dennis is the wacky sociopath and Frank just really wants to say nigger so i guess that makes him the best character

I am on S2 right now, where should I stop? when does it get bad?

>it's a stupid person's comprehension of Seinfeld
Seinfeld was pretty stupid, itself
youtube.com/watch?v=7pay5uPYde0

Attached: 1567267035240.jpg (800x1019, 484K)

You can probably stop watching after season 11, although season 12's waterpark one is pretty good

>missing the point
You say the season is shit because the original writers stopped writing, and yet the most universally loathed episode of the whole season is the only one they wrote.

early season scheming, shallow, narcissistic dennis. Later season dennis might be too spicy for fox but who knows, I'm sure they'll write themselves in to a corner eventually

For me, it was 11, the upgrade to the production value and the ambiguous unassumed satirical writing really dampened my enjoyment of the show, enough for me to naturally lose interest.

Gang Hits the Slopes was pretty strong, imo.
s11 wasn't too bad.

They mention he is a baby rapist and has a thing for underaged girls in seasons 1 and 2

>What went wrong?

when the enitre cast apologized for using the word "retarded" in a couple of old episodes

Attached: e521ecb6f2e87e9d979251026330d524.jpg (800x599, 78K)

>tfw currently on season 5
When am I supposed to watch the christmas episode? what season does it go with?

Attached: look at my post2.png (791x613, 13K)

i don't remember what season it was but whichever had the cruise ship episode was fucking awful and i stopped watching after that

This is my opinion as well

>the stories were written entirely by the people who created the show
>here's why that's bad

>I disagree with nobody and think exactly what everyone else believes.

have sex

Attached: anm04.45 PM.png (762x743, 1004K)

>McElhenney: Well, the impetus was twofold. I wanted to do something with my character in regards to his sexuality, something that wasn’t just played for jokes but that would resonate emotionally, and I wasn’t 100 percent sure what that would be. We didn’t want it to seem pandering or off-tone or off-brand or just un-Sunny. So, how do we find a way in which it feels like you’re still watching the same show and yet we’re addressing something that is so important to our culture right now?

Being too meta, too focused on social issues instead of doing ridiculous scenarios, making dramatic episodes that are completely different in tone to the rest of the series. I think they've run out of ideas at this point.

This never happened and you are either using hyperbole or are flat out lying. I’ve seen every season at least 3 times and can not recall any such scene, even in an irrelevant throwaway gag.

>>McElhenney: Well.........
NOBODY FUCKIN CARES

Attached: Patsy-Parisi.gif (245x145, 355K)

>something that wasn’t just played for jokes but that would resonate emotionally
>We didn’t want it to seem pandering or off-tone or off-brand or just un-Sunny
Well, they completely failed at that.

Around 6/7, its pretty good standalone that doesn't break any lore. You could even safely watch it now.

when Mac stopped being
> repressed gay homophobe
into being
> fabulously degenerate faggot

the show went right in the crapper

Attached: bitchassnigga06.34 PM 001.png (741x724, 880K)

I didn't find anything politically objectionable about season 13 and can confirm that, no, you're wrong.

In the underaged drinking episode Charlie and Mac keep saying Dennis has a thing for underaged girls and in the episode where dennis runs for comptroller frank runs a smear ad about the time dennis got kicked out of camp for hooking up with an underaged girl

>hooking up with an underaged girl
that doesn't make him a pedophile, retard

Attached: 07.42 PM 001.png (217x251, 105K)

They all failed in branching out save Charlie Day and are bitter and resentful of the show for type casting them. Now the cast is embarrassed of what the show used to be, so they're transforming it into something that gets them political clout

No show can go on for 13 fucking seasons and not go to shit. None. Anyone who gets several seasons of a good show and demands more needs to realize this.
Let things end. It makes them better.

They already had episodes like Gun Fever and Mac is a Serial Killer in the first few seasons. The damn pilot was about them not having enough black friends.
The truth is all shows perpetually go downhill. The original writers run out of ideas, the new people they bring in are less connected with the show's purlose, and a long-running show becomes such an important investment that the people running things pressure everyone to pander and make what they think the audience wants instead of what the creators want to create.
Even the best comedies get stale - Sunny, Trailer Park Boys, Arrested Development, all of them turn into unwatchable train wrecks. Story-driven shows also jump the shark when the central conflict gets delayed or forgotten in order to draw out more seasons and prevent a conclusion.
It's Star Wars in microcosm.

this user is correct

he was mere a person of interest in many of those cases.

lmao what a fag

Who the fuck do you think is taking ap bio? The kids would be the same age as the girls Dennis statutory raped

Woke = Broke. Every time. Writing on the wall with the "WAHH BLACKS HAVE IT SO HARDDDD!!!!" episode that opened Season 10.

They stopped channeling the real spirit of Philadelphia and in fact clearly developed a disdain for it. They became California assholes. Where is the fucking snow in this show? Where is the humidity? Where is the absurd level of black crime in a 50% black city? Where is the garbage blowing in the street? It's bullshit. Philly does not look like that. The older episodes got it right with the Philly scenes but they started phoning it in

The ironic part is that Philadelphia makes people racist. You show up not racist, maybe last five or ten years. If you're still there after that, you're secretly or openly racist

You're mistaking Philadelphia with "anywhere with blacks".

i LOVE comedy sitcoms
hahaa le funny bald midge

Attached: 1565986161144.jpg (708x800, 64K)

The show went on for too long. They still have 8 or 9 solid seasons though. Way better than other sitcom shitters

American Dad.

Why do this? The show is about a group of total cunts. There's no need for a sincere message or making them sympathetic.

>MUH GAYS
Why do closeted homosexuals feel the need to play this game? Oh.

The whole schtick about him being in the closet got old long before that.