God damn it chapter two

You sloppy bitches! Where the fuck was my "colonial Pennywise eating a baby scene" that they said they'd put in Chapter Two after it was removed from the first film?

>There was a scene we shot that was a flashback from the 1600s, before Pennywise [was Pennywise] ... The scene turned out really, really disturbing. And I’m not the clown. I look more like myself. It’s very disturbing, and sort of a backstory for what IT is, or where Pennywise came from.

Attached: Pennywise.jpg (1396x785, 517K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scriptslug.com/assets/uploads/scripts/it-2017.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=yLM-UsuGBuQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They still have more cut footage they’re saving for the Director’s Cut that combines both films.

>WHERE THE FUCK WAS MY "COLONIAL PENNYWISE EATING A BABY SCENE"

Attached: 1567952087731.png (785x731, 200K)

Where the fuck was my orgy scene?

I hope this is true

sounds like he had the munchies for a california cheeseburger

What orgy scene?

Name the last five (5) films you’ve watched

They said that about the first film then never released a director's cut. Plus this director's cut is also hinging on the director wanting to film more scenes. I can't see it happening.

the pedo orgy scene from the books. 12 year old Beverly has sex with all other 6 losers in the sewers because they got lost and she thought it'd strengthen their bonds so they could find their way out.

Yikes, why would anyone wanna see that on screen?

Why didn't Richie just fuck Pennywise? He was asking for it.

>He was asking for it.
he wanted ben to fuck him

You know goddamn well Pennywise fuckers are writing Richie/Pennywise fanfic at this very moment

>NAME THE LAST FIVE (5) FILMS YOU’VE WATCHED

Attached: 1567950996081.png (785x1000, 306K)

that's why he wanted to get a look at his abs

>Y-You did all these push-ups to impress me, Benny boy?

BEEP
BEEP
RICHIE!
DONCHA WANNA PLAY WITH THE CLOWN?!

think about where you are user..Not to say I want to see it, but I've read the book and it has to be what that other user was referring to. I don't know why Stephen King even wrote it. he described it from Bev's point of view even their orgasms. It's pretty distrubing and uncomfortable to read.
There's another scene in the book where Patrick Hockstetter (who's the lighter/hairspray kid in the movie) gives Henry Bowers a handjob and offers to suck him off before Henry comes to his senses and tells him to fuck off for being gay. Then Hockstetter checks on the freezer where he keeps animals he's either torturing or has already killed, and gets devoured by a swarm of leeches Pennywise makes fly out of the freezer... all while Bev is watching.

>I don't know why Stephen King even wrote it.

Shock value and cocaine. Writing children into gritty sexual situations is par the course for 80s cocaine-indulgent writers.

If I remember right, this was supposed to happen at a well house located where the house on Niebolt is eventually built. It would have tied into the old well down in the basement that leads to Its lair.

>lick my butthole clean, fat boy
whoa, times really have changed

Kek

Because Richie was for Eddie (instead of Bill, for some reason).

>I don't know why Stephen King even wrote it.

He was on everything while writing the novel. He said during an interview years ago that he got so wasted that he forgot 4 days of his life. When he sobered up, he found 4 whole chapters completed without even remembering writing it.

Pennywise could disguise himself as Eddy, and as Richie climaxes he spins his head around and shows him his deadlights.

that's a long way of saying jew

It hurts that it was left out.

kek that made me remember the deadlights face from the film

Who cares about a directors cut? Why the fuck would anyone want this movie to be even longer? It's a complete bloated mess, and longer runtime is only going to make it more insufferable

>Director’s Cut

Not happening. That's what he wanted to do but the studio decided against it. He wanted to film extra scenes during filming for chapter 2 but it wasn't in the budget and there was some kind of problem with the actor's contracts which prohibited them.

Seriously, Richie interacted way more with Bill. Wouldn't his remembered adult crush be on him?

Bill had a stutter. Richie was gay, that doesn't mean he couldn't be picky.

Richie being gay added nothing to the film
even in the book and miniseries they were close friends even if Richie picked on "Eds" a lot.

>They still have more cut footage they’re saving for the Director’s Cut that combines both films.
yfw they filmed the sewer gangbang

Attached: 1541857781356.jpg (409x409, 76K)

Actually, it's been theorized Richie was gay for a long time ever since the books.

it was never spelled out, people can theorize what they want, but ultimately it wasn't in the book and it added nothing to the film, so it seemed shoehorned in for virtue signalling.

Is it possible the combined director's cut with extra scenes might be the clown kino humanity has waited for?

Eddie was a complete and utter gemophobe, the absolute antithesis of gay. What was he hoping for, on their wedding night to be told all of the different disease strains found in human fecal matter?

>Seriously, Richie interacted way more with Bill

No he didn't. Nothing in the first one indicated they were particularly close and he barely interacted with Bill in this movie. Is it just one Bill/Richie fag who keeps insisting their shitty OTP makes more sense?

He was hoping to get into those short shorts and between those soft legs.

Attached: tumblr_cca368330e08049902fbb1ff57e7e9b3_23ed84aa_640.png (640x360, 211K)

Attached: 1456789545678.jpg (640x254, 37K)

I got that reference. Well played.

Why would he be gay for Bill? Richie had the constant bickering and teasing bantz with Eddie, he pulled him into his arms during the projector scene, they shared ice cream, he tries to get Eddie to look at him when they're getting attacked in Neibolt, he goes out of his way to touch Eddie on two separate occasions when the latter is upset or about to do something stressful, Richie starts that fight with Bill because Eddie nearly got killed through Bill's actions, and they're the only two who hug when they leave at the end.

Attached: 1541ae07cbc1aeda985502639587.gif (268x155, 845K)

But why Eddie? He's a paranoid germaphobe who lives with his mom. Heck Stanley is a better choice. Dude stood up for himself.

Eddie has that fire and capability in him though, Richie even tries to encourage it out of him. That adds to the romance, Richie can see a side of him that he loves and wants to bring out.

Eddie also gives off major homosexual vibes, Bill and Stan are straight.

Eddie wears booty shorts and has nice gams, the other boys do not.

Attached: 16578976789.jpg (640x359, 37K)

That is true. They balance each other well. Eddie just needs some one to encourage him to be free, and Richie is clearly that person.

RICHIE AND EDDIE WERE GAAAAAAAAAAY

You can read what I assume is the final script here.
scriptslug.com/assets/uploads/scripts/it-2017.pdf
The colonial scene is in there, a woman named Abigail in 1637 gives her baby to It to spare the rest of her family.

Richie is probably a slut who would hit on any boy, judging by the arcade scene

>What do you mean there’s no baby killing scene this is BULLSHIT
>NOOOOOO you can’t show a gay couple being assaulted YOU CANT

Attached: 924202EF-BF21-44AE-8CEA-037F3A6A7855.png (882x758, 16K)

>leftists have to force diversity in absolutely everything

It's all so tiresome. Thank god I'm not paying money for this political shit.

No. Adrien was try-hard gay, Richie was gay without effort.

That footage isn’t for the Director’s Cut, only the producers get to watch those scenes.

Nah, he had hardcore oneitis for Eddie. He probably flirted with that kid in an attempt to move on because it's too scary to make a move on one of his best friends.

Attached: 13456787654678.webm (1920x1080, 695K)

that's one of the Fukunaga scripts before the director changed hands, not the final script for what later became Chapter One or Two. However, it does sound like they kept a modified version of "It meeting a colonial person" based on the various interviews with Bill and the directors/writers. They filmed at least some of it but... guess it was left out.

>it is pretty uncomfortable to read

Attached: 1567628112675.png (782x758, 158K)

why are you conflating the two? You can want to see the baby eating scene without saying the gay assault scene should have been excised.

the only thing that pissed me off about the gay couple being assaulted scene is that in the book, the people are caught and sent to Rikers, which was part of the book's way of showing that It's hold on Derry (or rather what was left of Derry/what had been Derry) was gone. But then they seemed to have dropped the "Derry is a fucking creepy ass place where adults don't give a fuck about what happens to kids and terrible things happen all the time" atmosphere totally from Chapter Two. I thought for sure when they showed the flashback to the bar mitzvah scene that they were going to use the deleted bit where kid Stanley calls out the adults for not giving a fuck about them and that would be why Richie decides to stay, so he can be one of the adults who does care about the kids It kills.

>getting to eat that musty clussy

Thank you, Daddywise

I think King is one of those writers who conflates sex with screwed-up shit. Dude cannot write wholesome love.

Shouldn't it be Mommywise?

Movie dropped the ball on that. Pennywise is actually female, just likes to have male avatars.

Just got back from the local kinoplex, overall not bad. The constant strobing lights in the 2nd half were annoying and the "It opens its mouth REALLY big woah shaky cam" scenes lost their impact quickly but Bill Hader as Richie was entertaining.

Why didn't they just Zerg-Rush him again? Hit the legs until he sinks to the ground, and keep pummeling him.

Were the adult actors unwilling to do that level of cardio?

Bud I get loaded everyday and not once have I ever felt compelled to write out teenage train fantasies set in the 1950s like bruh lol you got some problems my dude you mught be an old pervert mr king

Man i love that scene, Finn really reminds me when i was a kid having gay crush on my friend. Best piece of acting from the kids

Richie is pretty much how I wish I could have been as a gay guy. He knew he was gay early. It didn't click I was into guys until I was like in my 20s. I thought it was my anxiety disorders.

He even has fucked up shit in Cujo. Dude ain't right in the head.

THEY LIED
AND YOU CRIED

Instead of Richie carving initials into trees in a touching scene of unrequited love, we get messed-up orgies and weird flamethrower BJs.

Maybe they changed their minds to just make it one big film after part 2 is out. Instead of buying 3 movies you'd only have to buy 2.

Part 1 as is
Part 2 (extended with everything in it)

If only they wrote the adults right.

Yeah, but Richie also had to deal with an unrequited crush on his friend at 13 and then later had that oneitis die in his arms

Attached: tumblr_pvkhr8wNG81w3diaio1_r2_640.gif (600x296, 997K)

Yeah that does suck for him. I really wish they'd broken with King's story on that. I mean come on! They spared two of the four bullies and all the bullies died in the book.

>le jumpscare movie
literally discarded

Doesn't she have eggs in the book? And one of the eggs hatches and plays a role in some other Stephen King book i've never read?

and he'll have to forever live with the knowledge that he thought Eddie was going to tell him something heartfelt in what ended up being his last moments, only for their last exchange to be...

>I fucked your mom

The miniseries had better writing for the adults.

She did. And most likely "The Dark Tower".

I really do wish Pennywise's "face" had broken and we saw what was actually underneath it even for a second. The hideous spider face.

I have no doubt Eddie knew Richie's feelings by that point. They're both into guys so their gaydars are going off like klaxons.

At the end when they were saying all that stuff in voice over as Ben was leaving the town was absurd.

>Live
>Survive
>Laugh
>Resist
>Vote democrat in 2020

What the fuck movie?

It's much more impactful in the book, where his last words are a call back to "their thing"

>"don't call me that...you know I...."

Though I like to think Eddie made the "I fucked your mom" joke to try and cheer Richie up. But it probably inadvertently hurt Richie more because that cheeky childish banter was part of what made him fall in love with Eddie and now he'll never have that again.

But seriously movie, you can spare two bullies and give the assaulting homophobes karma Houdini (they were caught in the book) but you HAD to kill Eddie?

Did they ever reveal they were jewish in the first film? that was random

Very fucking true

I mean he could have had his arm savagely damaged like it was in the book, just not enough to bleed to death.

Please tell me this didn't happen

Movie should have had the adults arrested for the murder of all the people they killed.

I think he was definitely trying to cheer Richie up too, especially since Richie was usually the one doing the lighthearted jokes to break the tension.

And since the audience expects him to die like in the source material, they could have actually made us fear for his life. They barely manage to salvage him, he is frighteningly close to death.

>Officer please you don't understand, a clown did it!!

And they all wind up in the crazy house Bowers was in. The end.

Not to mention they altered the memory aspect of the ending. In the book the Losers start forgetting everything again the moment they leave Derry, in the book they still remember everything. Even Mike. So they can change something as fundamental as "the Losers will actually remember everything and each other now" but Eddie has to die? c'mon!

On top of this, if Bill plays a part in saving his life, he finally gets to save someone successfully instead of failing.

>I really do wish Pennywise's "face" had broken and we saw what was actually underneath it even for a second. The hideous spider face.
they showed it a bit in the ritual scene but its was weird and disjointed looking

It absolutely did happen. I would have walked out but it's at the very end of the movie

err, in the Movie* they still remember everything, even Mike.

ITT faggots faking a conversation back and forth to push more of their nasty pedo gay bullshit.
Gross.

Bill: "We stopped the bleeding! We stopped the bleeding! Fuck you Pennywise you bitch!"

Theorized by women who don’t understand boyhood love.

>Gay guy just wanted to leave
>NO, I will antagonize these people who outnumber us
>OH NO IM BEING BEATEN UP
What was Adrian's endgame?

>The few good things audiences are interested in they leave out
>They keep the boring exposition, though.
>Also CGI the fuck out of everything, even though the best scenes are IT murdering kids.

>mfw I kept waiting for them to show the kid on the carnival grounds after the funhouse scene like they confirmed all the other Pennywise-fucking-with-the-adults hallucinations
>mfw they didn't
>mfw the kid was a fucking snack for It

welp

Richie would have been smarter. He would have used the baseball bat.

You mean just Henry

He wanted to go to the Ram Ranch

Exactly. That kid is dead. But if Bill saves Eddie's life, he gets to shut Pennywise up.

Canon Adrian was cornered in front of a gay bar on a different night and hunted down because a cop got him off his first fight and he mouthed off a little while high.

In the book they aren’t “normal” fags either, they are supposed to be extremely flamboyant and showy.

If they were going to be weird, with the vomit music and balls to the wall fortune cookie stuff, I wish they would have just thrown in the Turtle officially. not "ohho there's a turtle lego on Georgie's floor and turtle on the teacher's desk," but full on ancient space turtle.

Also, why didn't Mike tell them to bring weapons? Belief hurts the thing. Even unloaded weapons work. Mike doesn't have the excuse of forgetting. He would told them to pack weapons, especially weapons they used in the past.

And Eddie. Yeah they didn't kill him but cops are gonna think something is up when his wife calls to ask where the fuck he was with the last people he was seen with. Same could go for Bill and the maze kid.

They didn’t have the balls. Can’t beat the book.

Was Adrian the boy in the arcade too? The one with the blond hair.

The irony wouldn't be lost on Henry if his gay cousin was murdered by homophobes.

Could have shown up at the end flying around the dead lights like the portal Rust saw in True Detective. Just flying around and distracting PW while the adults run away

>Also, why didn't Mike tell them to bring weapons? belief hurts the thing

Because they dropped that aspect from the first film. No "Battery acid!" in the first film, just "beating the living fuck out of Pennywise>"

It was only in this second film that belief hurting it was really brought up, with Bev telling Eddie that the spear kills monsters and them realizing that they can kill It if they can make it small enough for them to believe they could actually destroy it.

They wouldn’t have come. Canon Mike was terrified they were ALL gonna pull a Stanley.

They killed IT by being mean to him. I think the movie has way more things going wrong for it than forgetting about weapons.

Except they didn't. The bolt gun wasn't loaded. Yet it hurt Pennywise. That's belief.

There was no “boy in the arcade”. Canon Ritchie is not gay, or, if he is it is completely ambiguous with only slight subtext in his chemistry with Eddie.

>be an old pervert mr king
Stephen King was 39 when "It" was published in 1986, you idiot.

That was stupid. They should have had a reprise of the original fight, and the adults slowly wearing Pennywise down (striking the legs, then hitting him when he's down).

Grown-up Bill and Richie can swing a lot harder as adults.

there was a scene where jessica chastain was drowning in the trailer where the hell was that

Do you think Steve likes licking the pink lollipop? They say write what you know, after all. Of course, he'd be sexually frustrated since he looks like...you know, Stephen King.

>The few good things audiences are interested in they leave out
yeah like the circus guy who carved hsi face with his nails and fucks up his eyes and we see how peeny wise became cross eyed.

They could have showed us more about the guy pennywise uses for the clown form and how he came to start using a clown instead of any other form

The first swing should have dislodged one of Pennywise's teeth.

As a big Steven King fan, I can tell you with absolute certainty that the man does have homosexual thoughts and is simultaneously intrigued and repulsed by them.

To me, they didn't really emphasize the belief element playing a role in killing It in the way the book and mini series did. With the film it was more "it's not scary, if we aren't scared we can defeat it" combined with them literally beating the hell out of It.

youtube.com/watch?v=yLM-UsuGBuQ

Their diminished belief was a key element in the adult part of the book, down to It being gleeful about the fact that their powers of belief/imagination would be pretty shit now that they were grown up.

>When It woke It would be healed, renewed--but their childhoods would be burned away like seven fatty candles. The former powers of their imaginations would be muted and weak. They would no longer imagine that there were piranha in the Kenduskeag or that if you stepped on a crack you might really break your mother’s back or that if you killed a ladybug which lit on your shirt your house would catch fire that night. Instead, they would believe in insurance. Instead, they would believe in wine with dinner--something nice but not too pretentious

>Every adult looks pretty close to what the kids would look like grown up
>Ben got a different skin color and hair color

Attached: 15618181.gif (270x252, 971K)

>I really do wish Pennywise's "face" had broken and we saw what was actually underneath it even for a second. The hideous spider face.
I think my main grievence with the final fight is it still feels like Pennywise, just with spider legs. Had he just completely gone limp and IT's just going after them in savage bloodlust without even bothering to animate the clown form I feel it would've actually been kind of creepy, to see Pennywise jerking back and forth while his actual mind is somewhere else. There's hints of that in the first movie where Pennywise moves like a puppet, but it feels like they threw that subtlety out the window here.

>secondaries trying to make sense of what IT is with no context from the book
I’m laughing. Let me start you off, imagine Aku from Samurai Jack, but he’s also the Boggart from Harry Potter.

I didn't need to see the kid scenes either. Put that shit in the Chapter 1 movie as deleted scenes, drop the whole looking for tokens shit, give us a look at a real eldritch horror instead of some funky giant clown with spider legs.

Have the movie be the adults finding old shit like the Indians and reenact those murders, the creepy baby eating and cannibalism scenes, and toss in a few more child murders by IT to give the film heightened tension.

> 1. Tokyo Story
> 2. Annie Hall
> 3. Audition
> 4. Cape Fear
> 5. 8 1/2

Deleted lawl

>Look at you... all grown up

A...Aw. Poor Pennywise.

YOU SEE HOW GOOD THIS SCENE IS!

IT 2 has no good scense like this.
This is a mix of creepy the way IT acts and tragic cause you know they cant stop him

>virtue signalling
Fanservice, more like - ever since the first film came out to a new shipping-prone audience.

He probably disguises said thoughts by deliberately coating them in oddness. Oh sure we get two males doing gay acts in "IT", they just happen to be doing weird stuff too so you miss the homosexuality.

The last confrontation feels like a fucking Dark Souls boss fight or something. It wasn't very creative or interesting at all even compared to the old miniseries. The old woman who attacks Beverly looked exactly like a Soulsborne monster too, complete with a telegraphed grab attack to set up a stun/parry.

Maybe they could have made it so Pennywise IS trying to maintain the clown facade, but he is so absolutely livid he can't quite hide what he really is. The spider keeps flashing into view for frightening nanoseconds.

That speech he gives while holding Bill is so perfect. I was really disappointed that there wasn't something similar during the sewer scene in this film to give us a better glimpse of Pennywise's perspective on seeing them again after all these years.

>I'll take him! I'll take all of you! And I'll feast on your flesh as I feed on your fear. Or... You'll just leave us be. I'll take him, only him, then I will have my long rest and you will all live to grow and thrives and lead happy lives untli old age take you back to the weeds.

I'm so mad at the film for denying us the beatdown Pennywise so much deserved.

They beat the fuck out of him once. Now hit him a lot harder. Because he's a big spider, it has the added plus of taking a lot longer to make him die.

Yeah, all those scenes where Ritchie internally monologues about how much he wants to fuck Beverly and even brings her out on a date really sent the ol’ gaydar are a swinging

If anything Eddie was gay with his prissy little need to self medicate with seltzer water and aspirin and marrying a 500lbs woman who resembled his Mother.

But we got depression kino instead.

Attached: tumblr_pxfhsjyDCs1y3r96v.webm (640x360, 2.25M)

In the book, Pennywise is secretly afraid of them as adults. That should have happened in the very end, where the desire for self-preservation overcomes his pretensions.

As a bookfag I was pretty sad with this film. The first didn’t quite capture the magic of the book, but I don’t think anything can. Still, it held a lot of merit in its own right, especially in the chemistry of the kids. This movie felt toothless, more corporate and safe. The tone was all wrong. I hope some of you give the book a try some day, I treasure it dearly.

He never monologues about wanting to fuck Beverly. He even considers her one of the boys.

He does however frequently call Eddie cute.

Even Pennywise seemed miserable, reduced to appealing to pity of all things to kill people and whining that "No one wants to play with the clown!!!".

we could have had BOTH!

>Have the movie be the adults finding old shit like the Indians and reenact those murders, the creepy baby eating and cannibalism scenes, and toss in a few more child murders by IT to give the film heightened tension.

yeah agreed.
Film lacked the weird cosmic elderich horror the first one had.

only creepy scene was girl getting her face bit but they dont show it.

It seemed like they toned this shit down.
Georgie getting his arm bitten and screaming in the middle of the street was scary and KINO as fuck and very well remade from the original

Colonial penny wise eating a baby? Is there more cool shit like this in the book? Worth reading even after watching both films?

I liked that. It was fun seeing Pennywise being a nasty manipulative shithole. Using her birthmark against her... what a bitch.

Which again is why the second film needed to have Pennywise get the shit beat out of him again.

Wishing him smaller? Hit him with the chin and the bat!

No colonial Pennywise in the book. Still worth reading the book, though.

The films cover approximately 5-6 hours. The audiobook is 44 hours for context. It’s the lord of the rings of horror. We get whole chapters spanning the history of the town, we get SO MUCH that they couldn’t put in there. So many kino scenes. Yes, yes 1000x yes.

Attached: 4F7585D7-A5D5-4432-8E82-EA7A9E366D2C.jpg (322x474, 23K)

Well, no, but there's a few disturbing ones, like a baby getting pulled down a toilet.

Chain, correction. Seriously, the first film sold those blows when Pennywise got hit by chains 3 times.

Eggs yes. Hatched no. There’s a clown that feeds off joy in the Dark Tower series that fags insist is secretly related to Pennywise despite King explicitly denying this numerous times.

I feel like the first one had catharsis for the victims of It, with their bodies floating down and Bill getting to hold Georgei's coat, whereas in this one they seemed forgotten. Even the shot of their nasty rotting corpses in the flashback in Chapter Two seemed to diminish the feeling that they'd been 'freed.' Though, I guess, they weren't really freed so maybe that was for the best...

But, yes, Pennywise getting beaten could have definitely helped. Pennywise was a lot more cruel in this one, some payoff in the form of beating would have been interesting.

Though to be honest when they said "wish him smaller" I thought for a second they were going to make Pennywise like... literally... tiny.

>"Do you know my cousin, Bob Grey?" The old man asked, a crooked grin on his face.

No, totally not IT.

For context, the introduction of the grown up losers is the beginning of the book (after the georgie scene) and takes up as much time as both movies. You learn about each and every one of their lives so completely. Stanley’s wife. Beverly’s fucked up relationship. The bar at the end of the road you can find Ben Henscom on Saturday nights. Even the homo scene is kino, it’s told in a police interview with two cops trying to rectify the fact that the victim and the killer BOTH saw the clown.

>bud like bruh lol my dude
>im 20 i drink and smoke weed alot but ive never felt compelled to partake in my hobby/profession/passion of choice to an excessive degree lol so relatable to the already prolific writer inhaling snow drifts of cocaine while taking moonshine intravenously

Fucking kill yourself you braindead zoomer

Oh, and no floating corpses in the cave even though it had been feeding for a minute.

are there any books where this stands out?

No he doesn’t.

It’s the scene where he first hangs out with her. He takes her on a date to the movie theater and the rest of the gang ends up unexpectedly tagging along after they run into them while walking there.

Then later when he’s older he thinks about how bad he wanted to fuck her but accepts that she’s for Bill, and unfortunately this is from the period where King has to self insert as a nerdy writer/giga chad god in every book he wrote so each of the main cast has to pause and wax philosophical about how alpha the stuttering ginger is every so often.

>final fight against pennywise
>actually expecting some cool indescribable amalgamation of meat
>HERE YOU GO SENPAI, PENNYWISE WITH SPIDER LEGS LOL!
fuck

Attached: 1563928606341.gif (326x326, 255K)

The Long Walk has this as a major theme. Homosexuality is a core component of the book and I think it really displays what King feels about it. It’s ugly and disturbing at points, and other times it’s pure and beautiful.

Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe IT's ability to change its form could end up fucking itself over, when the Losers realize how infuriated and panicked it is when they see Pennywise start to fold in on himself.

Every boy had a crush on Bev, its very obvious. Only Ben and to a lesser extent Bill LOVED her though.

>*makes his waifu cum TWICE his first time having sex*
They don’t call him BIG Ben for nothing!

I love how Its essentially a shitposter who trolls them when they return as adults. It tries to fuck with Mike by sending a bunch of balloons that say DERRY NIGGERS GET THE BIRD, referencing the form It appears as to Mike and his dad at different times. Mike just kind of rolls his eyes and walks away like, Yeah, nice try, you'll have to do better than that.

I haven’t seen it yet but is it fair Part Two; just doesn’t work for an adaptation. It seems like most of the complaints; could be applied the mini series adaption of part two.

It’s not that the adult stuff is unadaptable, it’s just that the way they choose to do it (by splitting the kids parts and adult parts instead of interweaving them like the book) doesn’t work. You need both.

>Though, I guess, they weren't really freed so maybe that was for the best...
I wish they had come back to Pennywise "eating souls". The implication that his victims get trapped in the Deadlights and are subjected to a fate worse than death is actually creepy and would've been good to address in the adult sections of the movie.

thanks user i'll check it out

It basically should have been a race between Pennywise trying to kill them and the Losers remembering how to kill him too.

>The implication that his victims get trapped in the Deadlights and are subjected to a fate worse than death is actually creepy and would've been good to address in the adult sections of the movie.

Right? I thought they were going with that in some way when they brought up Bev seeing the dead lights again but... nope. And Richie got brought out of it with no help, though I guess he hadn't "fully" seen them yet.

watched this movie tonight
worst part was giving any fat dorky kids watching the false hope that no matter how swole they got, that they'd eventually get the bangin thick redhead
second worst part was the constant "YEAH BUT THE ENDING SUCKED" repetition. ha ha i get it, it's what is said about every one of stephen king's novels and movies, and this one wasn't an exception but it's okay because it's self-aware right??

I don't mind them cutting Tom because they don't really need two humans coming after them, but cutting Audra? And making her a bit bitchy and having her and Bill separate on a fight about Bill's shitty shitty endings? No saving Audra with the bike?

dude it's girl's point of view description of 6 dudes fucking her and busting a nut in her at the age of 12. How the fuck isn't that just kind of gross to read?

Richie didn't think about him for 30 years.

Men can still care about each other and be sad that one is dying without wanting to fuck them in the ass. Fuck this faggot shit.

It Chapter 2
Once Upon ... Hollywood
Alien
Oxford Murders
Assisnation of Jesse James

Yeah, it'd raise the stakes and might even justify Bill's arc with the kid by having him at least be able to save his consciousness.

Losing weight does wonders, also blonde to dark hair is common among nordics.

>39
>not old
wew lad

Underneath all of the bullshit, IT is the story of a bunch of old friends coming together to the place they grew up, rediscovering their childhoods, both the wonderful and the evil. They try and tackle their nostalgia and trauma as adults would, systematically and logically. They eventually realize that they must rediscover themselves, make peace with their past and rekindle the spirit of their youth to put an end to the darkness once and for all.

THAT is why IT can only be told as a story that cuts back and forth from the 50’s to the 80’s. THAT’S why both adaptations miss the point. It’s a journey of discovery to the heart of childhood, and the fear of what lies in the dark.

Attached: A2BCF5A8-CF6C-497C-9914-F425172B17A3.jpg (290x475, 44K)

Richie's gay for Eddie in the movie, deal with it.

Attached: a65ea321-eeb4-4ca8-80fa-0587121fdac9.jpg (827x447, 90K)

this. chapter 2 isn't about overcoming trauma, these characters are shown to fine before they even come back to derry. it's the exact same thematically as the first film, it doesn't explore any themes of adulthood. they didn't even fucking try

Objectively correct, but it’s also not canon to the novel.

Men can love and care for other men, especially life-long friends, without wanting to get shit on their dicks with them.

There was no reason, 0, for Richie to be gay in the movie. Eddie was married, Richie had a girlfriend. He could have just been sad about his friend dying that he had just reconnected with after 27 years, but in this PC 2019 clown world he had to be a cocksucker.

>these characters are shown to fine before they even come back to derry

Except Bev, Eddie, and Richie are clearly not doing well. Bev and Eddie because they're trapped in marriages where they basically married their respective abusive parent, while Richie was closeted and miserable. Ben too, in a way, because he still suffers from oneitis for Beverly and insecurities even after getting hot.

movie would proabaly benefit from both films being merged for the DVD release.

but theyd have to add some scense cause they are clearly two seperate films

If you want to understand what IT is, just read the first chapter. Pay attention to the scene with Georgie in the cellar.

>Eddie was married

Did you miss the part where it's a loveless marriage with a woman he's explicitly not attracted to, dumbshit? Also, Richie doesn't have a girlfriend by the time he goes back to Derry, he even says he had an on-again, off-again relationship with some chick named Sandy that he finally stopped seeing.

>Pay attention to the scene with Georgie in the cellar.
what happens?

The book literally tells you what IT is.

none of their arcs have any real depth or intrigue though. bev's story is the same as the first film, she's living with someone who abuses her and her friends are her escape. richie wasn't shown to be miserable. ben wasn't developed beyond having the note from bev. eddie was the only one who i felt sorry for. this movie is 3 hours long and they barely fucking developed anything to the extent they could have

>Eddie is unattracted to his wife
Reread the novel.

Never readi it which is why i asked you

JUICY IS MY NAME

SEX IS MY GAME

LET'S CALL THE BOYS

LET'S RUN A TRAIN

I fucking have, it's all vut stated he's not attracted to her and that he's with her because she reminds him of his mother. Are you retarded?

>gay pedophile faggots

Attached: 15262357245783468.gif (171x141, 911K)

Georgie the six year old contemplates the unknowable terror that children fear in the dark. He imagines the boogieman. Fear itself. IT.

>Did you miss the part where it's a loveless marriage with a woman he's explicitly not attracted to

Probably missed that part due to the nigglets laughing uncontrollably like they were on lean in the theater. Finally a man stood up and walked over to them and said "Are you done!" and placed his hands on one of their shoulders. The other tribesman reacted like "dont you touch him!" As the man walks away he yells "Old ass faggot!" at which point the man leaves and returns with about 3 employees and two cops to wrangle the urban youths out of the theater. The cops made them leave saying "ya'll aren't 18". They looked like they were elementary/middle school age. When they left people yelled thank you to the cops.

I wish this was made up.

Might wanna read again. “I love her” is a quote. He loves making love to her. He loves how she looks. He acknowledges his incestious issues and stays with her anyway because he loves her. He cares for her so much just the idea of her crying and pawing at him almost makes him stay. Its not a loveless marriage.

>Ancient evil of literal EVIL that has existed for a very long time
>Defeated by insults

Attached: 0510560.jpg (500x288, 55K)

Fear is nothing if you don’t give it power. As a physical manifestation of fear itself, it makes perfect sense.

Why didn't they just shoot IT?

If they believe they can hurt him they can.

Camrip is up!

Would you instinctively believe guns can hurt a clown demon that can turn into anything? No doubts?

IT has a hard time dealing with adults, since turning into a lien on their house is a bit hard to pull off.

Hikock45 could do it.

If you beat it before as a kid, yes. Also the adrenaline is going and your mind is hyper focused. You become way more mechanical than actually having thoughts about such matters. My guess is it just wouldn't be a good story with guns.

The best weapons to hurt It are the weapons you used as a kid to hurt it.

In Bill's case, really heavy chains. In Richie's case, a baseball bat. And so on.

Right, it’s a double edge sword. Kids are the easiest to scare because they are scared of more but are also the most willing to believe. On the other hand kids can grasp the power of “good triumphing over evil because it MUST”, whereas adults don’t have that fairy tale intuition.

They didn’t know how they did it. Another reason why splitting the parts and revealing how they did it as kids before all of the adult stuff was a bad move. In the book you learn as the characters learn. In the movies you have to retread the same steps twice.

>He cares for her so much just the idea of her crying and pawing at him almost makes him stay

Because that's exactly what his mother did to manipulate him all his life, which he fell for every time. Those times where he insists he loves her and finds her attractive are clearly him lying to himself, it's fucking blatant right in the book. How are you so retarded?

if it bleeds, you can kill it

and running a train on the local girl

>dislike King
>feels like some pulp writer got lucky and people refuse to believe otherwise
>finally read The Gunslinger
>really enjoy it
>Read Duma Key, enjoyed it but the ending was fucking shit and mishandled a really cool idea
>Read the stories in Everything's Eventual, most were hit or miss
What's his best book? Seems like his work is either really cool concepts(Gunslinger, The Mist) or just like that old Family Guy gag describes, where King looks around the room, finds a lamp, and waves it around while making monster noises

He stays with her because she's safe and that's all he knows due to the years of abuse and manipulation from his mother. It's plain as day that it's a toxic relationship that he is not happy with. You cannot be this dense.

Sounds like you made an interpretation that’s not in the pages, chief. It isn’t loveless. Just as Bev and Tom wasn’t loveless. It was a toxic love, sure, but to pretend he didn’t care about her is just incorrect.

>has a reputation for being the town skank
>actually becomes a skank for 6 different guys including a nigger and a jew

>caring = romantic love

It's a relationship he wants out of but is too afraid to leave. It's a sham of a marriage either way.

His best book is either IT or The Stand. I have a soft spot for The Long Walk but it’s not his best objectively. Pet Semetary is also must read.

explicitly jewish in the book

I disagree with your interpretation of the text. All I can do is point you back to it, i’m not digging up passages and arguing minutia.

>Sounds like you made an interpretation that’s not in the pages, chief

It is in the pages though, it's clearly written as Eddie trying to insist that his marriage is fine and that they're perfectly happy together. This is just basic reading comprehension, user. Do you seriously just take everything said or read at face value without any fucking context?

why would you read gunslinger and stop there if you enjoyed it?
it's a series; you know that, right, user?

Misery, the Shining, and Doctor Sleep are good first time reads.

It and the Stand are good, but both are slogs, I love it, the Stand is just too much of a slog for me.

>I disagree with your interpretation of the text

Your interpretation is objectively wrong as part of Bev and Eddie's development is escaping repeating the cycle of their abuse, ie marrying their parents. You are being deliberately obtuse.

And I disagree. Just as Bev loves Tom, Eddie loves his wife. It’s unhealthy and he’s self aware enough to acknowledge this directly, and yet he does.

Who has a stream ?

You can love someone in an unhealthy relationship. Fact.

Different Seasons, Four Past Midnight, or Skeleton Crew.

He loves her like his mother.

+ sexuality, sure. Just as Bev does with Tom. Glad we agree.

There is no sexuality there.

They can't shoot IT because King is a vehement anti-gunner, the worst, uninformed and unwilling to learn kind, no less.

He dreamed about her making love to him instead of having to go back to Derry.

Except he says he doesn't love her.

Post proof with full context, nigga.

Citation? I remember him EXPLICITLY saying he loves her before he leaves for Derry? Am I missing a different passage from the book?

Have too many series on backburner right now, most being fantasy so 5+ thick books each.

So, what the fuck did the old woman turn into?

i enjoyed the gunslinger, will i enjoy the rest of the dark tower?

Later on, dumbshit. He was placating her and himself before he left for Derry. If that's your whole fucking proof that he adores her than that's pretty weak, especially when that's the point where she's got his claws in him. The whole point of his development is that once he's away from her and with the Losers, he can finally grow and accept that his relationship is a sham, just like he did when he was a kid and realized his mother was lying to him. Being away from the Losers causes him to regress back to being a pathetic fear ridden momma's boy.

Gotcha, so you’re citing character development as a retroactive thing. Weird take. If someone goes to the gym and becomes strong, that doesn’t mean they were always strong.

She might represent a fear of aging and dying.

The Fukunaga script was more overt with Richie

Attached: tumblr_ox5v30ye4w1rxdm11o4_1280.jpg (1059x1210, 173K)

Anyone have a picture?

>It's pretty distrubing and uncomfortable to read.
my cock tends to disagree

Can’t believe i’m spoonfeeding.
1/?

Attached: ADC99B44-08AB-40A3-BC9F-14A435C6D430.jpg (750x141, 51K)

Attached: 657F8EB5-30F3-4FF4-8130-6CF7F54846E5.jpg (750x135, 52K)

you might secretly be gay (that'd also fit the pedophilia) if a girl's point of view of getting dicks thrust into you got you hard.

Attached: C3495552-6316-44B1-A7A1-5CF8649938ED.jpg (750x287, 113K)

Why was Bill’s name changed to Will in that version?

>A gay relationship that isn't full of messed-up stuff but is genuinely sweet and heart-warming

I can tell immediately King didn't write this, lol.

Attached: 3858C39F-5209-48B5-A8C7-546EEEB74E38.jpg (750x171, 52K)

who the fuck is will

Not him but:
Man who killed Don Quixote
Happy as Lazarro
A long days journey into night
Uncle Boonmee
The bread factory

This kind of movie isn't my thing but I get if you like it

Meant for

5 and final.

What we know:
>they fucked
>he loves her
>he acknowledges it is toxic
>he let himself love her anyway

Now that that is put to bed let me give you this, yes absolutely, getting past this toxic love is his arc, and that is why the love has to be there in the first place.

Attached: 3907A021-9DB5-4B37-89BB-BBA9FFC6395D.jpg (750x527, 175K)

I read once that he was so loaded that he doesn't remember writing any parts of Cujo.

Ben might have designed buildings for a living, but Eddie was the real architect.

>He knew he was gay early
I doubt it. In fact I think he never realized it until the reunion scene

Fukunaga made "Bill" into "Will" for no particular reason

He wrote R+E on the bridge as a kid though

I think he was at least worried he was when Bowers drove him out of the arcade and his cousin asked him, "Why are you being so weird?"

Most likely the events of the arcade resulted in him realizing he did crush on Eddie, so he expressed it covertly by writing an anonymous message on the bridge.

It’s really very easy. Canon Ritchie is not gay without extreme interpretation. Movie Ritchie is CLEARLY gay and was gay for Eddie since childhood. No more argument, it’s easy as pie.

I mean he loved him but I doubt a 13 year old had a concrete idea of what being gay is

Ok Yea Forums if you're so smart, how would YOU go about adapting IT? What would you cut and keep and how many movies/episodes would it be?

Attached: four clowns.jpg (640x653, 221K)

Netflix series, no restructuring, as faithful to the book as possible, might have to fudge around sewer gangbang.

The first one was fucking horrible, can't believe it got so much praise

"Bill" might've felt out of place as a nickname in the 80's to Fukunaga.

In that early script Richie and Eddie also jump into the quarry holding hands

As a kid, gay wasn't clear to me I just knew it was something that got you made fun of. It was a label that resulted in being bullied so you hide it and dreaded being it.

It's probably one of the most realistic gay relationships I've seen. He just quietly tries to express his feelings. Being into guys when you're young can be scary as hell, because you worry about what people will think.

I agree. The hammock scene and the arcade scene were very similar to how I was at that age

>might
Imagine the absolute madman that would try to do it, just showing the kids faces as they pound her awkwardly one by one.

I definitely related to Richie because I grew up in the South, in some of its poorest areas for a while.

It wasn't exactly the best place to be admitting you were into guys.

Won't lie, I want to adapt IT vs TMNT, or just turn the first season of a new Digimon series into a homage to IT.

Link to text pl0x

I also hope more media takes its cues from "IT" on this. That many gay relationships are surprisingly low-key and casual.

>and when everyone is spooky, no one will be

Attached: -B88SpGaq00l.jpg (594x410, 72K)

While we’re talking about autistic IT crossovers, I always thought MOTHER and IT share some DNA between them.

Attached: 7EE0EB52-E5DE-4FE1-9C92-AA7CFC4F404E.png (220x199, 35K)

but it was handled in a really retarded and corny way.

I am torn between feeling like this was a huge strength of the film and being a bookfag who doesn’t want a character gaywashed.

That’s a wholly separate issue that you may have in earnest. I liked the book.

>Group of everyday kids fight a cosmic horror that influences others to do bad things under its control and ultimately gets killed by said kids believing in themselves, all with small town setting and aesthetic
Would be kino, especially with the psychic power fuckery

Attached: pk are you fucking serious.jpg (720x1280, 59K)

the Richie gay scene wasn't even that bad. It felt normal if you aren't a novelfag.
I wish Pennywise would have tore up that gay in the beginning though. Biting him in the chest was lame.

>120730092
based and redpilled

i was under the impression this would be poorly paced due to critic reviews but it wasn't. it was quite well paced.

The pacing at the beginning was like molasses

completely based crossover riff. what are some other works that share this aesthetic? Super 8 and Goonies come to mind

Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors

why do they let niggers in the theaters? they are so fucking obnoxious.

>I don't know why Stephen King even wrote it

Because cocaine is one helluva drug.

They didn't have a gangbang. They ran a train on ol' bevvie. That's entirely different.

Crawl, Weekend at Bernies, Serpico, Dirty Harry, The Wrestler

MOVIN LIKE BERNIE, MOVIN LIKE BERNIE
WHEN IT'S THE WEEKEND
WE MOVIN LIKE BERNIE