Is he right Yea Forums?

Is he right Yea Forums?

Attached: EDpluuYUYAA_XZ9.jpg (680x680, 77K)

uh. yeah.

He's just coping Jordan Peele.

PARTLY —A COMPLETE WORK OF ARTIFICE SHOULD BE COMPREHENDED WITH NO EXTRA EXPLANATION FROM THE AUTHOR, BUT DAVID LYNCH'S RELUCTANCE TO COMMENT RE HIS WORKS IS MORE DUE TO HIS INCOHERENCE, AND LACK OF COMPREHENSION, THAN DUE TO PRINCIPLE OF INTEGRITY.

That's total fucking bullshit.

LYNCHED

You're not quirky, interesting and above all, will never be a woman; filtered

Attached: 1503444024540.jpg (1520x1335, 678K)

Attached: 1567871168322.jpg (1018x1024, 110K)

BUT RÆVSSQANDVS DEPENDENCE ON HIS WRITING AESTHETIC IS MORE DUE TO ATTENTION WHORING, AND LACK OF DECENCY, THAN DUE TO PRINCIPLE OF STYLE.

Pleb filtered hard.

Cope.

there is a dialogue between you and a work of art that is not in language, you risk losing things when you put it into words

tHIS IS a little bit true, one notices in the language he uses that the ideas are talked of as separate from him, and that they come from some mysterious place - this is how he retains purity of self-expression that also transcends himself, and it becomes more than the sum of its parts. He is nearly the perfect embodiment of the artist type psychologically.

LYNCHED

What's the fun in having every little thing explained to you? Besides, the fun of surrealism is taking some things completely at face value.

I don't say this often, but LYNCHED.

He's a shaman

Of course.

Attached: ye2hjxlyud121.jpg (1200x672, 83K)

If you want to hear the director to explain the movie to you why even bother watching? The wonderful about art is the meaning that you can take from it, not what somebody says to you what it means.

Stop being cucks.

No truer words have ever been spoken, and as expected truth is rejected by fools. Pitiful.

INTUITION, AND REASON, ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE; ONE CAN BE ABLE TO PERCEIVE SPIRITUAL INFORMATION, AND ALSO BE ABLE TO RENDER IT INTO CONCEPTS, AND ARTICULATE IT WITH VERB.

Absolutely. Even corporate schlock gives you some look into the minds of the people in charge of it.

It just reminds me of how the directors of the Avengers movies talked about all kinds of off screen details after that last one came out and it's like shut the fuck up, this shit doesn't matter and is actually fucking lame

Yes, but not everyone is endowed with qualities in equal proportions in themselves. Yes, one can, but *should* the artist? The work would be drastically different, a recipe for bad art.
Art isn't meant to be directly reasonable.

Does a dream mean anything to those beyond the one that dreamt it?

Attached: 1558333733562.gif (320x240, 1.87M)

I miss old Yea Forums so fucking much

I love lynch but Inland Empire is just too much
Lost highway > Mullholand > Blue velvet > Dune> Eraserhead > fire walks with me > other movies> shit >>>>>>> Inland Empire

Twin peaks s1 was kino as fuck, never cared to watch S2, how is s3?

>SHOULD BE COMPREHENDED

question is: by who? everyone? not possible

It doesn't miss you, faggot.

Attached: 1538510494812.jpg (324x365, 39K)

It's fairly obvious as to what he meant by that.

No you don't. Old Yea Forums was lame as fuck. You just miss that time when you're young, dumb, and without any bills or responsibilities.

>Yes, one can, but *should* the artist?

YES, THE ARTIST SHOULD BE ABLE TO RATIONALIZE HIS/HER AFFECTIVE PERCEPTIONS, AS MUCH AS THE PHILOSOPHER; MERE INTUITION, WITH NO REASON, RESULTS IN VAGUE IDEAS, AND, SEQUENTLY, IN DEFICIENT DEPICTION —THIS IS THE CASE WITH DAVID LYNCH.

AN EXCELLENT ARTIST NECESSARILY COMPREHENDS THE ESSENCE OF HIS/HER SUBJECT; COMPREHENSION ENTAILS UNDERSTANDING; UNDERSTANDING CAN ONLY BE ACCOMPLISHED VIA REASON.

disagree strongly. artists don't need to be able to explain their works. making art and being a critic are two different skills. and although you seem to think the rational is a higher plane than the irrational and that all art needs to pass the test of being explainable on that level, i would say that in some cases "rationalizing" the art diminishes it and drags it down to a *lower* plane. the artist creates aesthetic experiences. that is, he creates beauty. that's his only job. demanding the artist also be a critic is arbitrary.

>Twin peaks s1 was kino as fuck, never cared to watch S2, how is s3?
It kind of drags on through the middle, but you missed the best series finale of all time.

>mfw a woman starts talking me about a lynch film

Attached: women cannot understand lynch.png (350x339, 275K)

what an alpha

you will never be a real artist

Lynch often makes up and changes things in his film on the fly, he doesn't even necessarily know what it means. Movies are moving paintings to him, its all about aesthetics and what looks cool. You can see this in the behind the scenes for Inland Empire and Twin Peaks The Return.

Makes sense.
Like there's this, lazyness, in movie making and viewing. And it's like those teachers textbooks almost. Why work through the problem yourself when you can skip to the back of the book. And just because of the state of film making or people in general, lots of directors comply to this. Here's what I meant, here's what this means. Don't guess, don't think, don't even bother with watching the movie, I and hundreds of critics and god only knows how many online movie review articles are going to tell you what you should think and how you should feel about this movie. And not to say the director shouldn't be interviewed and people shouldn't give their opinion but people, the audience, those that want to see a movie or are curious about a movie should be willing to search out there own experience with it. And maybe after they've watched it and thought about it then find out how there answer, compares to others.

Attached: 15022480648529.png (357x539, 253K)

Attached: 1520489089307.jpg (600x918, 102K)

There are parts of me tempted to agree with this, but maybe the times have passed for such an approach... I'm not sure.
It seems to me if an artist has their own house in order too well, it might be sterile whatever comes out.

I know Lynch also disagrees with the notion of the suffering artist, but I think thats because of what I mentioned in my first post.
There's the story of when he sought out a psychologist, this is before he started meditating, and he asked if this could interfere with his work, and the psychologist said it was very possible, and he said thank you and left.

Attached: 20190908_210736.jpg (756x765, 451K)

their
I always fuck up their and there. It's not like I don't know better.

Yeah, no artist should be forced to explain their work.

wtf does that pic even mean?

GET REAL

Attached: fucking I PHONE.png (450x360, 177K)

People want to be spoonfed what a movies themes and meanings are, despite the movie already telling them to you

Yeah, he is.

SHUT YOUR IGNORANT MOUTH REI
WHEN YOU EXPLAIN SOMETHING YOU LIMIT IT, YOU KILL THE MAGIC

>NOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS ISN'T THE NEWEST LYNCHIAN, GENRE-REDEFINING, TROPE-SUBVERTING, ATMOSPHERIC, DARK AND EERIE, SURREALISTIC, MACABRE, NIGHTMARISH, EMOTIONALLY DRAINING, GUT WRENCHING, AESTHETICALLY HEAVY CRAFT BY POST-HORROR AUTEUR WITH AN ARTHOUSE EDGE, DREAD-INDUCING, SUSPENSEFUL BUILD UP WITH STRONG CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND GRADUAL FEELING OF ESCALATION, BONE-CHILLING SLOW BURN WITH “SAY MORE WITH LESS” APPROACH AND SOUL-SHAKING, BLOOD-CURDLING, SKIN-CRAWLING AND NERVE-WRACKING EXERCISE IN PERSISTENTLY LOOMING DREAD WHERE TENSION AND ANXIETY PERMEATES EVERY FRAME AS MOVIE REACHES ITS NAIL-BITING, JAW-CLENCHING AND PARANOIA-INDUCING FINAL CLIMAX, FREE OF ANY CHEAP GORE, CARTOONISH CGI OR INFANTILE JUMPSCARES HORROR FILM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Attached: uja.jpg (548x707, 41K)

Kys retard

I refer this one.

Attached: Primary Colors.jpg (699x435, 26K)

Stay mad.

Attached: david-lynch-twin-peaks-2.jpg (618x412, 29K)

Attached: 1561694412327.png (600x450, 9K)

just to add a little extra thought i had is that anything excellent must take the subterranean route today, and express itself coyly and subtly, if the artist is directly aware of it, he wouldn't be promoted by the system but actually repressed. Assuming here that we are little bit on the same page as to what excellence means.

that may not be ideal to some, but it is the way it is.

biggest pseud magnet in all film

go back to bed Adam

This guy is a cringy fag but this post is accurate

Attached: Anon attempts to beseige David Lynch.png (497x357, 304K)

Maybe, but he's legit.

which one are you trying to be, film crit hulk or zodiak motherfucker? either way you'd be better off on twitter

Based Lynch btfoing the pathetic psychic yet again.

I can smell your newfaggotry through my monitor.

>DO YOU THINK IT MATTERS HOW MANY PEOPLE SOMEONE HAS SLEPT WITH?

>NO AND IT PARTICULARLY BOTHERS ME THAT WOMEN ARE HELD TO A DIFFERENT STANDARD ON THIS THAN MEN

>ALSO ITS SUCH A WEIRD THING TO CARE ABOUT. LIKE IMAGINE IF I STARTED EATING CHEERIOS FOR BREAKFAST, WOULD YOU BE LIKE, "I'M THE 48TH CEREAL YOUVE TRIED EATING?! I DONT FEEL SPECIAL!"

>WELL THEN SCREW YOU, CHEERIOS, I CANT GO INTO THE PAST AND UN-EAT ALL THOSE CEREALS, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T GENUINELY ENJOY YOUR WHOLE-GRAIN CRUNCH.

lol

>Old Yea Forums was lame as fuck.

Attached: DZTXhmC.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

Bang, bang, bang. You’re like a fucking machine. Go dreamy for once, pal...

Is there an edit with "panties in my mouth"?

Daily reminder

Attached: lynch-1.jpg (584x360, 96K)

david lunch lol

Attached: 130068976.jpg (320x270, 6K)

Kino

We have to somehow preserve David Lynch's brain after his death and keep it artificially alive, like inside a robot or something.

the angriest brain in the world

Attached: luckynumber.jpg (702x861, 144K)

Elaborate on that

Yeah. Film makers should never talk about their film. Ruins interpretation.

Attached: samurai wizard.jpg (992x720, 105K)

No.

bump

This is true to a certain extent but you're so fucking cringey I don't even care. Tripfuck

why is it bad that an idea is vague
why is it important that the audience, if one is found, is able to comprehend exactly what the artist is saying
why is the artist obligated to their audience

self expression through art is just that. you don't owe anyone anything. if you wanna have a conversation with your audience, start a podcast. go be a mathematician. run for congress. you're not gonna make compelling art.

feh. any man who parrots Green on this is lying through his teeth.

>agrees to do an interview
>has his agent schedule the interview
>sits in a make-up chair and prepares himself for an interview
>starts the interview
>'uhh... I don't like interviews'
What a pretentious twat. You don't see Malick parading himself like an attention-starved bitchboi

No.

Hack-fraud directors that didn't flesh out their narratives say that.

Attached: David.webm (1280x720, 1.12M)

woah who is this qt

It’s like you people can’t read. He’s not saying that artists should explain their work, he actually said the contrary in his first post (it’s first fucking thing he said). He’s saying that artists should understand it, and be able to explain it, so that they can better represent what they intend in their work.

Why did I read this in his Cole voice?

Because you’re a dummy who believes capital lettering equals yelling.

That's fucking crazy man.

>will never be a woman

lolwut

I THINK I'M HIGH

Attached: t.jpg (1280x720, 223K)

>What did he mean by this?
>lol figure it out yourself idiot

Absolutely based

Attached: rr-08731-r.jpg (780x520, 74K)

>a legend is incoherent and lacks comprehension
>in the same breath that cites the intentional fallacy
So not partly, wholly--just like how much of a faggot you are.

>intentionally make your movies and shows retarded and nonsensical
>wtf retards dont expect me to explain shit
some artists just have their heads up their own ass, Lynch is ok, but he did too much TM and his brains all fucked up from it

I mean i know what I think he means but what does he actually mean and what do you think it means i hope you think the same thing as me.

Attached: lynched.jpg (284x423, 24K)

Well what else could it be? Its literally the written equivalent of yelling

No, it isn’t. Yelling is represented in text by the admiration sign, regardless of capitalization.

Obviously. Also, he likes making films. Getting murdered over politics is not a priority for our beloved artist.