How does Kevin Smith keep getting work when the majority of everything hes been involved with is fucking terrible?

How does Kevin Smith keep getting work when the majority of everything hes been involved with is fucking terrible?

Attached: kevin fag.png (580x675, 486K)

>stop liking things i dont like
You do realize you sound just as retarded as his rabid fans?

he gets hired because he shills movies to kiss studio asses.

>Kevin Smith keep getting work
He makes his own movies with a few exceptions like Cop Out.

idk man he probably pimped his girl to execs and proceeded to extorted them

He works on TV shows too sometimes

>his rabid fans
Didn’t know kev had fans

what a fragile cvck

That's how he's stayed afloat. He had one of the first big podcasts and has cultivated his fanbase for years.

he looks like he's on his last leg.

he has the power to cry anytime anywhere

>How does Kevin Smith keep getting work when the majority of everything hes been involved with is fucking terrible?
Literally coasting on fumes from Clerks.

Because his movies have tiny budgets and always turn a profit

according to kevin smith, it is because he has never lost a studio money on any of his films.

11,500% return on investment is nothing to sneeze at
Seriously though, he had about a 15 year stretch where every single movie was profitable. You'll notice his upcoming movie is a remake of one of those old profitable IPs.

I'm pretty sure Tusk and Yoga Hosiers lost money.

He works on scale

Poor Kev only really went downhill after weed became life

He looks like the meth version of RDJ.

could be, the quote he gave of never losing money was from 2003. Both those films cost a combined $8 mill to make and he has secured funding for a third film, so he might have made back the budget on them with hom video after they did so shit in the box office. Or just the fact that everything else he made has made money got him enough good will

Isn't he one of those guys who got really into weed in his 30s or something? I can't think of anything more insufferable.

he's famous

He is an alright dude when he isn't cashing their check to shill for some SJW bullshit

whores out his daughter

Attached: harley-quinn-smith-010.jpg (1080x1304, 103K)

How did an ugly jew and a fat faggot create
a beautiful goofy faced jewish qt

Clerks > Clerks 2 > Clerks TV show > Everything else he's ever done or contributed in any way to.

Attached: ringo.jpg (408x409, 23K)

Clerks: $28K to shoot. Brought in $3.2M
Mallrats: $6.1M to shoot. Brought in $2.1M
Chasing Amy: $250K to shoot. Brought in $12M
Dogma: $10M budget. $31.4M BO
Jay & SB Strike Back: $22M budget. $33.8M BO
Jersey Girl: $35M budget. $36.1M BO
Clerks 2: $5M budget. $27M BO
Zack and Miri: $24M budget. $42.8M BO
Cop Out: $30M budget. $55.6M BO
Red State: $4M budget. $1.8M BO
Tusk: $3M budget. $1.8M BO
Yoga Hosers: $5M budget. $39K BO

I know that the general formula is to double the budget for marketing and advertising, but let's be honest: Kevin Smith films aren't generally marketed that much. He has always relied on word-of-mouth to carry his movies, especially his little pet projects for his daughter and her friend(s). In general, it works out for him. His movies either make a lot of money, break even, or lose so little money that it's almost a wash.

And then, of course, he did produce Good Will Hunting. $10M budget, over $200M BO. As long as your movies are relatively low budget, you can ride that success for an entire career.

Losing weight without actually working out makes people look like zombies. Change your diet but also get some muscle and fill out the dead lifeless face.

>Yoga Hosers: $5M budget. $39K BO
How the fuck is that even possible? Doesn't this guy have a moderately-sized fanbase? Did he just not market it?

>I know that the general formula is to double the budget for marketing and advertising
Keep in mind, most of Kevin's profitable movies were made 10+ years ago. 2x the film budget might be the rule now, but I'm pretty sure marketing budgets have ballooned since his heyday.

Mallrats made a profit on DVD rentals; it was a cult hit.
I think Red State is when Smith lost his fanbase.

>yfw when a goofy thicc jewish girl wont sit on your face with her sandy butt.

Why live.

tranny face, brutal

Attached: 27892614_562010524165484_1752964423389020160_n.jpg (1080x1350, 88K)

No the movie was just complete dogshit.
Even tho i do believe red state is when he went off the rails completely and fell into Seth Rogen's trap of "smoke 50lbs of weed everyday hur hur hur."
Shame really, because when the jay and silent bob reboot comes out its gonna bomb hard.

Hi Kevin. Stop making that stupid ass face in every goddamn picture you take.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.
Post more for the love of God

Attached: 1671094abb5fc7703470fa508113111a.jpg (236x282, 14K)

Kevin Smith really is in this thread.

>"stop making sense youre all kevin smith reeeeee"

Face it, he had a period of time where he made decent films with profit on all of them.

Where did you get all of this strangely detailed information?

Mallrats made back its budget by 2003 via home video.

Strange thing is that I kind of enjoyed Red State. Michael Parks and John Goodman were both great. Parks did such a fine job, I was able to kind of see how people would follow a guy like him. I guess it's that "charisma" shit that I hear other people talk about.

And I liked the way the conflict was resolved. A bunch of potheads using loudspeakers of blaring horns in order to fuck with the minds of the Apocalyptic church members came out of nowhere, but it strangely fit.

But I can see why people didn't like it.

What's up, Mewes!!!

Attached: 57924862_118760295991573_6034892713147231078_n.jpg (1080x1080, 459K)

I keep a journal that details everything about Kevin Smith's career.

Him and Doug Benson.

>beautiful goofy faced
cmon her face is ugly
she has a banging body though mostly due to her youth

Is there anything more pathetic than a person that takes a picture of themselves crying to post on social media?

Attached: is you serious.jpg (471x517, 80K)

how disappointing

I bet you know his weight, shoe size, date of last haircut, SS#, and length of ball hangag, too.

How Kevin of you.

>harley quinn

Attached: 1547091401951.jpg (400x400, 13K)

connections? where did you get the idea you had to be talented to work making shitty american popcorn flicks?

Yeah, definitely.

>Clerks
The version he made cost 28k or whatever but the version Miramax released needed a million dollars worth of post-production and audio cleanup
Same thing happened with El Mariachi, that other “no-budget” movie

He's all New Jersey has.

Looks more like Jason Mewes is her dad than Kevin. Hmmmmmmm….

>How does Kevin Smith keep getting work
???
He is an industry by now, he MAKES the work, what are you talking about? Do I like his new films? No, but you have to be stupid to not see why he is still pooping out new content.

I like Kevin Smith and the view askewniverse. I am watching every movie in the view askewniverse before the jsb reboot comes out

looks like the Coomer irl

La goblina...

Less than $300K, after Miramax did their work.

id smash with no hesitation

Attached: Screenshot_20171223-001524.jpg (1080x1848, 200K)

Those are some lewd feet, friend

>How does Kevin Smith keep getting work when the majority of everything hes been involved with is fucking terrible?
Because "just showing up is 85%" as Woody Allen said. And hype is another 10%. So if you consistently show up to do the job and have a good reputation, nothing can stop you.
Work hard, boyos.

>Yoga Hosers: $5M budget. $39K BO
fucking kek

I mean look at Joe Rogan. The man is a drug-addled idiot. But he does a podcast every day like clockwork and after a few years of that, he's on the tip of everybody's tongue.

39k too much

Attached: Yoga_Hosers_Screenshot_0303.jpg (1920x808, 175K)

How can that cost so much money
It looks and sounds like surveillance footage

Your ignorance is laughable. Kevin Smith has't been "given" work since Copout, and a handful of eps of supergirl and shit. He generates his own content.

>11,500% return on investment is nothing to sneeze at
>Seriously though, he had about a 15 year stretch where every single movie was profitable. You'll notice his upcoming movie is a remake of one of those old profitable IPs.
i read this in kevins annoying boomer millenial voice

He looked healthier when fat

Dear OP. You are a cringy incel who will never understand what being cool to people can do for you. You need to interact with people, make friends, engage in activities. Not sit and bitch on the computer like you are doing right now. Then maybe one day some random loser on the Internet will bitch about you.

The wrong Kevin Smith died

Worst timeline

Attached: ares.jpg (182x278, 9K)

Does everyone really not like Red State? I rather liked Red State and Tusk

She is based as fuck. That's why.

Did he seriously name his kid after a fucking hot topic superhero character?

She looks like a discount abella danger

Kevin Smith is basically the Platonic ideal Gen-Xer you retarded zoom zoom

Of course he did, he's the original capeshit fan.

Tell em steve dave!

>everything hes been involved with is fucking terrible
the same way capeshit manages to continue despite being fucking terrible

He’s well liked in Hollywood and doesn’t typically ask for a lot of money.

Why does he have no eyelashes on the bottom eyelids????

Attached: 1470407177071.gif (480x360, 1.92M)

he's a dude weed

can't unsee. thanks.

not as retarded as you, though

the Clerks show really is great; everything else sucks
I'll also put out there that his stuff was the first time I'd seen a "Cinematic Universe" being done (I hadn't even seen the Universal Monsters movies yet, back in early H.S.)

Lmao I went to school with his son - they pulled him out of school the day that Kevin died. Sad desu.

so he saw the movie in theaters, came home, took this picture of himself crying on his porch, and posted this online for everyone to see. why wouldn't he have taken the picture in the theater after the movie or in the car before driving home? what a lying fag

Kevin’s a cumbrain

Please Kevin just stop