Just how big was Eddie Murphy in the 80s?

I often hear people say he was one of the biggest celebrities of the 80s? is this true? Was he a huge star in an already star packed era?

Attached: eddie-murphy-beverly-hills-cop (1).jpg (1000x769, 265K)

Well he saved SNL from dying and then made a blockbuster comedy just about every year, so pretty popular.

He also made a music video when he wasn't a musician

he made a whole album

6'1 i think.

He was bigger than any current movie star.

I think he was the highest paid actor ever for a few years. Not sure who replaced him.

Attached: a5ff499fd5955d60bb586e37d40d592d_xl.jpg (1200x1200, 190K)

Fucking huge. Top movie star of the decade, arguably. Up there with Ford and Shwarzenegger.

Bout 10 inches

One time i was watching one of the beverly hills cop movies at my uncles i didnt really know. He said he doesnt let anyone watch anything with niggers in his house and turned it off. At first i thought he was kidding than my dad turned to me and said you hear that, no blacks.

Based uncle

he was supposed to be the whale biologist in Star Trek IV

You have no idea.

My friends and I would trade bootleg tapes of his standup at school. In 1989 everyone aged 13-17 had memorized at least one bit from RAW and we'd recite them to each other for entertainment and to piss off teachers. Not even kidding. Best one was where he talked about Mister T being a power bottom.

Attached: 1540366391886.gif (362x345, 3M)

From 83-88, he made Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop I & II, Coming to America, and The Golden Child, probably one of the greatest 5 year stretch for any actors

Also Party all the time

MY GIRL (male) WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME
PARTY ALL THE TIME
PARTY ALL THE TIIIIME

Attached: ed and his girl.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Hey Eddie, “FUCK YOU!”
Suck myy dick Eddie.

why does it look like his face is shooped

Based in MY book.

Wanna lick? Psyche!

Attached: tenor (1).gif (244x202, 955K)

/Ourguy

Pretty much entirely a Rick James song

reminder: this niggerlicious bastard has 5 wives and 9 children. He is a nuisance to our country. I would chop his balls off decades ago if god granted me the truest of freedoms.

Attached: butcher.jpg (618x410, 73K)

shut up zoomer

He was best friends with some guy named Michael Jackson, so obviously he was insanely famous

I worked at a video store in some redneck town in the early 90s and this racist guy used to get mad that we had a whole rack of Eddie Murphy comedies he was like WHATS UP WITTTT ALL THEM NIIGGGGUHH MOVIES U GOT HERE???? GIT SOME GOOD MOVIES HERE LIKE HARLEY DAVIDSON MARBOLO MAN DANGIT!!! AINT NOBKDY WANT THESE OOGA BOOGIE MOvies!!!!

Most celebrities are friends with each other