What makes a show that includes a homosexual or a person of color in an important role NOT be propaganda...

What makes a show that includes a homosexual or a person of color in an important role NOT be propaganda? Or will you always consider it to be propaganda?

Attached: 1501903224419.jpg (163x209, 5K)

Goddamn I hate fags so much

Based

I dont

Seems like anything that shows more than a few characters that aren't white or straight triggers anyone on this board, or site for that matter

>not an adaptation of something without those elements
>does not cast a value judgement one way or the other, they are simply people some fine some not
>does not make their "struggle" the core of the story
>does not create a strawman opposition force that stands for their political opposition (usually SWM)
>Is not Non-White MaleXWhite Female just because, as the partnering is already grossly overrepresented

i'm sure there are a few more points but that's a great start.

Name a movie or show that scores those.
>does not make their "struggle" the core of the story
Lacking empathy there, friend.

>person of color
Fuck off, OP

>name some
I cannot, I don't actively seek out queer media, and i'm sure there is very little that isn't inherently political.

>lacking empathy
Nope, i'm just not interested in that story. I can see their universal struggle as people, but if you make the struggle about their blackness/gayness/whatever, I'm checking out. In 2019 America, this isn't an issue anymore.

Seething roastie

Please don't reply to bait.

This has both and it shows how their kind truly is

Attached: 91Iqy6UqkPL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 21K)

Intention. If it was created to serve as propaganda, it's propaganda. If it wasn't, it's not.
Of course it's not possible to figure out the creators' true intentions with perfect accuracy, but in practice I think it's usually possible to figure out with fairly decent accuracy what the intentions were.

It’s never important where you want to stick your dick.

Master Bruce?

*Sticks dick in your eyehole*
thanks for not being a bigot sweaty ;)

That doesn't bother me I don't think. And I don't even know how many people feel this way since social media signal boosts the wackos, but what bothers me is when people say that a movie is too white or not diverse enough. I remember people were saying it about blade runner 2049 even though most of the characters don't have many speaking lines and maybe half of the characters are POC.

There’s never enough female soldiers in WWII films!! Gosh darn it, I’m just shaking!

Just because you are not interested doesn't make it propaganda.

Just because i'm not interested doesn't make it *not* propaganda.

Then why does everyone here complain unless it's about straight characters?
>character has a straight relationship
>OK
>character has a gay relationship
>REEEEEEEE NOBODY CARES THAT YOU ARE GAY
also
>gayness is the main theme of the movie
>REEEEEE GIVE THE CHARACTER MORE TRAITS THAN JUST BEING GAY
>character just happens to be gay but doesn't do anything gay in the movie
>REEEEEEEEE WHY DO YOU NEED TO POINT OUT THAT HES GAY IF HE DOESNT DO ANYTHING GAY IN THE MOVIE
You people are hilarious.

If it’s an original story and it is specifically about race, gender or sexuality then whatever, it doesn’t appeal to me but I’m sure some people will get something out of it. What irritates me is when they take an established franchise or story and change race/sexuality/gender for no other reason then getting to say they did it. If you have an important message surely you can get it across without packaging it in something that others already crafted and built a fan base with...right?

based and reasonable. make your own stories, don't change ours.

Far too often a character’s sexuality is only brought up if they’re gay. That is to say that straight movies are about things, while gay movies are about being gay.

For example; if there was a movie about two dudes climbing a mountain and they were straight the movie would simply be about the climb. If one or both was gay we would be treated to flashbacks of the characters fucking men before climbing the mountain.

The only movies that naturally lend themselves to gay plots are romcoms because they are ostensibly about relationships. You simply don’t have other genres where sexuality matters. You don’t see Rambo crying about the lack of pussy in the Vietcong prison he was trapped in do you?

Is there a plot reason for them to be gay? If the answer is no, then well, you are most likely putting in there for the sake of "good boy points". Nobody ever called yaoi anime political propaganda, because there is a plot reason for it, and unlike western media, their relationship is neither the usual:

>texture swap of heterosexual relationships
>glamorized and lacking conflict, for the sake of showing on a positive light
Yaoi treats of relationship problems that only happens in boy to boys relationships, like for example how two people may have interest but both keep it to themselves because showing that will ruin it, both asking themselves if sexual tension is even there or is stuff from their heads, since attraction in that case is not something you can assume like with a man and a woman. The relationship itself also have focus instead of being a side problem, and not as some sort ot struggle like "we vs everybody". Relationships in all spectrums have problems, but they seem to ignore in homo relationships because they are trying to sell an idea rather than writing a compelling story..

The best way to make a good movie with a gay relationship is to put it there from the start, in a new story that is constructed with that in mind. Swaping characters sexuality is a HACK WRITER thing. Once again, if you want examples of gay relationships done right, you can always look at yaoi anime. There's no political boogeyman, cast of judgement, race baiting, or texture swapped heterosexual relationships on the majority of those, they manage to tell a story and build a good relationship drama without pissing you off with american politics.

Attached: mah boi.png (633x493, 441K)

Being made before the year 2005

That black guy Julien in the Shield was funny cause he literally tried to pray the gay away

BINGO

Why do they need a plot reason to be gay and not a plot reason to be straight?

Because why are you making them gay for the first place? If you are making a movie about a gay couple, you can give up on most normies watching it anyway, there is no draw to them, so you better go all out.

When characters are straight it’s not even brought up. You could just pretend some are gay and some are straight and it wouldn’t change the movie at all. When characters are gay it becomes a plot point.

Why make them straight? Why is it only allowed to be straight by default? People don't need a reason to be straight or gay, they just are.

You are trying to be logical in the wrong side of things, pal. Movies are not about reality, they are products, you need to make them sell, and the numbers show that too much gay characters make the normies flee, and they are the buck of your demographic. Not because they hate gays, but because the average moviegoer is dumb and needs identification in everything they watch. If you want to make a movie with a main character who is a gay man, you might as well go all the way to catter to the LGBT/progressive crowd, because they would be the ones watching.

You guys think there's only dumb people making the decisions, but that's not actually like it. They are just using a different standard than you, they just want the shekels.

If it portrays them as perverts or weirdos like in Fellini movies.

>you need to make them sell,
Are you really one of those people that think a movie is better based on how much it sells?

Apparently if it was made before the 2000's, it's alright

Who is assuming they’re straight? If the movie doesn’t reference their sexuality you are free to ascribe them with whatever sexuality you like.

Here’s a fun game, pick a random character and assume they’re gay. Does it change the movie in any way? What if Hans Gruber was gay in Diehard? Maybe the henchman with the long blond hair was his lover, who knows? Empowering isn’t it?

>Predator
>Star Wars original and prequel trilogy
>The Warriors
>The Matrix
>Pulp Fiction
>Star Trek

Attached: 1542906948041.png (2600x3316, 1.6M)

>Here’s a fun game, pick a random character and assume they’re gay
I already do that with almost every movie lol

When the nature of the character is organic and doesn't exist solely for marketing purposes. Which doesn't happen in this age of information control where every decision is based on data analytics.

Basically, they need to be "real".

Exactly, it’s super easy because 99% of the time a character’s sexuality is completely inconsequential to the story.

If their "character' is a minority, gay/etc and nothing else? They're probably there to hit some internal quota or simply some virtue-signaling by the director/producer.

For good examples of insincere diversity roles, check out some of the BBC's recent productions. It's ridiculous!

If it feels like propaganda. Characters either feel right within the context of the story or not.

Those have gay characters? Retcons don't count btw.