The series (book and film) should have ended like this:

The series (book and film) should have ended like this:
>Harry, very old, on his deathbed surrounded by Ginny, his children, his grandchildren, his great-grandchildren
>he's had a very happy and fulfilling life
>he says he has one final thing he must do
>cut to old Harry in the Forbidden Forest, he reaches down and picks up the Resurrection Stone from where he dropped it all those years ago
>he sees his parents, Sirius, Lupin again
>they smile at him, he smiles back
>fade to white
>"And then he greeted Death as an old friend, and went with him gladly, and, equals, they departed this life."

Attached: harry-potter-epilogue.jpg (640x360, 46K)

fucking gay

The whole series needed more spells in the action. Get creative. Fuckin garbage action in these movies. All of magic and it was just meh

Why does Ron and Hermione's kid look like an incel school shooter?

They actually tried making the duels in the movies exciting, like swordfights with parries and blocks
In the books it was just them screaming at each other and dodging spells until they hit someone

Wen did haary has drop the erection stone? reemembering I dont

Because that's a mannequin with a wig on not a real kid.

>Wow Ginny you look so sexy I'll literally have sex with you right now while our daughter watches

No this is how it’s supposed to end
>9 months after Harry and Ginny get married
>Ginny is in the hospital giving birth
>OY GINNY ROIGHT ONE MORE PUSH GUV I CAN SEE IT CROWNING LIKE THE HEAD OF PRINCE WILLIAM SWEAR ON ME MUM
>Harry returns after he decides to stretch his legs
>as the baby is delivered the room goes deathly silent
>the camera pans to Harrys face as all the colour drains from his face
>the silence is broken by a child-like DEH! and immediately cuts to credits

>>Harry returns after he decides to stretch his legs
"No!"

>no "No!" poster
cringe

>Harry, very old, on his deathbed
>cut to old Harry walking around in a dangerous forest
OP, do you know what a deathbed is?

wizards have walking deathbeds, fucking retard

Absolute brainlet take. Action in the movies was shit, action in the books was better

Did JK Rowling just tweet that out?

Nah dude, if they had transposed the book action word for word it would've made for some incomprehensible fights, basically the two duellists shouting at the same time while rolling around
Not to mention some silly stuff like Neville's dancing legs destroying the prophecy
Movie duels didn't make a lick of sense but looked way cooler

Then that would imply that Harry is, through symbolism, connected to Death and the Deathly hallows by 1/3rd. Even 2/3rds when he grabs the Stone in your said idea.

Harry directly defied against the power presented by Death, snapping the Elder wand in half and breaking the some-what Faustian pact that was attached to it.

Sorry, i like the idea but don’t work dawg. Harry says fuck you to your Death magics.!.!.!

Attached: 7A91781C-F7DE-4F55-AE9F-11101A744530.jpg (468x555, 56K)

Yes but the books had a solid magic system as to which spells did which. Look at the dueling club in movie 2, as far as the audience knows, 3 different spells all preform the same effect, flipping the guy and sending him flying. The Department of Mysteries fight in the book was way better than the movie. And they're not just shouting stuff, the books make it clear what spells do which and why.

See above for partial credit, plus dubs

Harry didn't snap the wand in the book though

>snapping the Elder wand in half
Only happened in the movies
The book made it clear that Harry is indeed the only true Master of Death

>Harry screaming "Stupefy" and "Expelliarmus" over and over again
It was shite

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Attached: HARRYPOTTER-actors.png (976x1972, 1.56M)

Brainlet. You see the effects of each spell, each one is cast for a reason. It's better than the fucking horse shit movies where everybody has the stupid wands connecting shit and suddenly everyone is a prodigy and can silent cast.

Because he ensures no one will ever find it, so if he dies naturally then the chain will be broken. Of course as Head of Law Enforcement, this is risky since whoever kills him becomes the wand owner

Do you have one of these ready for all of the common series on Yea Forums, or do you make new ones as needed?

I didn't say the movies were good either, autist

>And they're not just shouting stuff, the books make it clear what spells do which and why.
Obviously the books make it clear, but if you play the action out in a movie you'll have both sides shouting incantations at the same time

Jason Isaacs played a great Nordic looking supremacist though

That's literally what the movies are though, except it makes no sense as the spells effect change each movie, and have a different sound effect or colouration, not to mention they never explain why nobody ever actually incants anymore

Are you really asking why the writers didn't allow Harry to die, instead dragging his story out as aimless inter-generational wandering built over 8 excruciatingly dull movies in the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1508957139579.jpg (979x1269, 378K)

>harry smiles and looks back at his friends
>Ron smiles, but Hermione is crying
>"whats wrong" says harry, "we won"
>"Daniel" replied Hermione "you looked the other way while Harvey Weinstein groped me, fuck you and fuck this movie"
>JK Rowling runs on set, "shut up you child, you were paid good money for your silence"
>"FUCK YOU TOO" said Hermione
>the movie ends, roll credits

the series should've ended without any overt pairing, no epilogue and Harry should've had a steady increase in his power and knowledge of magic between books 3-7, and after many setbacks and loses actually defeats Voldemort
also it was clearly a mistake to not set 7 at the school, perhaps Rowling should've done one book that had a self-contained story/mystery largely outside of the Voldemort-arc and pushed it forward and then had the defeat of Voldemort in a post-Hogwarts series or something

Shoulda had more books where we see Harry grow to be powerful enough to challenge Riddle without the Hollows desu

No one

JK ROWLING:
>Wizards didn't have deathbeds. That's a muggle invention they adopted. Prior to that, they would just vanish their corpses when they were done with them.

>>Harry returns after he decides to stretch his legs

Attached: smug cat.jpg (828x855, 238K)

the deathly hollows were utter horseshit to get Rowling out of the thematically unavoidable situation of having Harry die
I mean they appear late even in the last one, it's like the last quarter or third of the book that they show up

> Harry & Hermoine fall in love
> After killing Voldemort, Harry & Hermoine die together holding hands
> Flash forward ten years later
> Ron returns to Hogwarts & goes to the room of requirements
> Final shot of the series is Ron look into the Magic Mirror and seeing young versions of Ron, Harry & Hermoine together
Literally the perfect ending

I watched this shit for the first time recently because my gf made me watch it and the entire time I was asking "where are the American wizards"? Why did this series pretend America didn't exist. If this really happened the US military would have created some Wizard Force and sent soldiers to Hogwarts and this would have ended in the first movie. What unbelievable garbage.

Why does Ginny look like an ugly hag? Harry really did make the wrong choice.

>be american wizard
>go to school
>creepy kid goes on a avada kedavra rampage

such is life in america

I think the reason to not show that was to imply Harry had another adventure ahead of him, if he is on his deathbed that means nothing much really happened for like 60 years.

If they wanted to do a cheesy ending show his son going through sorting hat and the hat saying 'Slytherin' and then it shows the kids face with a tear in his eye which makes you think he is heartbroken but then wait a beat... he smiles. THE END

>Harry kills Voldemort
>catches the elder wand
>"And now using the most powerful wand in the world, I'm going to cast a spell which should have been cast a long time ago"
>"REFUGIO WELCOMUS"
>Hogwarts instantly becomes a ghetto
>Harry turns to Ron and Hermione who are now black and says "See? The Death Eaters were wrong all along"
>Harry is decapitated by the Sword of Allahdor
>Ron and Hermione just go "sheeeeeiiiit"

kino.

deh

I'm glad she finished writing the books before Tumblr and Twitter came along. The fans today are some of the biggest entitled crybabies.

>Thirty years later
>Deatheaters have returned
>Harry Potter has retreated to an island and refuses to leave, having become disenchanted with life after marrying Ginny Weasely
>She had let herself go after marrying him, as her mother had before her. For some reason, she'd also become a transman and a black Nigerian Muslim immigrant. Harry never could explain that.
>So, alone and having done nothing with his life, he sits and waits for the author to die or turn him into whatever flavor of disabled had become vogue.
>Little did he know, time jumping and turning the protagonist from a resourceful white boy into a decrepit, useless, failure of a man is exactly that flavor.

Depressing as fuck but fits perfectly with the theme of the series

>how can we teach our children forbidden curses
>if they don't learn it from me, they'll learn it from a criminal
>is it the videogames
>why don't we just not teach kids forbidden curses?
>what infringe freedom of speech and right to know?
>can we at least just tell them the avada part?
>National Magic Association here, you MUST follow the first amendment and not restrict information
>8 more people died dammit
>nothing can be done its in the wizards constitution

Harry should have died, Hermoine should have ended up being a couple with him. Any other potential ending is garbage

> Harry & Hermoine fall in love
> After killing Voldemort, Harry & Hermoine die together holding hands
>Ron by now has a long white beard and hair
>he's clearing out their stuff
>finds Hermione's Time Turner
>puts on some purple robes and half moon glasses
>he starts practicing a deep voice
>"Alas! Earwax!"

I remember this theory holy shit

Honestly this would have been just as kino as the ending i wrote

>> Harry & Hermoine fall in love
Stopped reading there

When we went to sacrifice himself

hermoine should've ended up with draco

The story should have ended with Harry and Hermione having a kid who turn evil because he always detested all the attention Harry brought to the family.
Meh who gives a shit it's Harry Potter shit's over man

you are teh gay

T. Ron, seethe more faggot.

>Harry/Hermione pairing
lmao
LMAO fuck off

You're fucking up the pasta. "No!" needs to be on its own line, the following sentence is a new paragraph.

Come off it, Ron/Hermione was hinted at as early as book 2, pretty much a given after book 4

The stupid part was that he broke the Elder Wand in secret, so people who worked out who had it last would still come after him and murder his family and he won't even have the epic wand to defend them with

Even J.K. said Harry & Hermoine should have fallen in love & only didn't because she wanted to fill her own personal fantasies

>gingernuts unironically believe this

>Even J.K. said
Stopped reading there

who else then. Cho and Ginny were fucking lame
should've gone with Pansy 2bh or Luna i guess

Harry/Luna might have worked but Harry/Ginny was the best choice

Ginny was a non-character until the moment Harry decided he loved her, it was a truly baffling decision and I don't know how anyone can defend it.

I would have liked Hinny more if Rowling had spent a bit more time developing it
She barely mentioned that both had the shared trauma of being possessed by Voldemort

She had a much larger role in the 5th book
She pretty much saw Harry everyday, at Grimmauld Place and Hogwarts

which was fucking retarded. If wands are just shitter swords just fucking use guns. Books actually had interesting spells, hexes to make them trip, silencing them so they can't use spells, transfiguring statues alive so they fight for you. Movies were complete trash making every spell just a generic white light

Yeah she could have handled that better but I'm guessing she didn't want to show two people growing closer together because of a shared experience of mind rape

>so people who worked out who had it
Voldemort was the last guy who cared to work it out, the aren't really many capable people finding it

Harry precisely told how the Elder Wand changed allegiance in front of hundreds of people

It was basically mythical before, but Harry and Voldemort were talking about it openly during their duel, everyone present knows Harry has it, that story will get out eventually

when? He only talked about that stuff with Ron and Hermione
like anyone could hear them. Also Voldemort never said I HAVE THE ELDER WAND or anything like that

Even that could work, if they also fall out of love.

In the movie he only tells Ron and Hermione about the elder wand, no one other than him and Voldemort know about it
This also makes me wonder, if Dumbledore had just died from his cursed hand he would have broken the power of the elder wand since he had never been defeated
But then he made Snape promise to kill him

The whole ending was just Harry and Voldemort screaming at each other about wand lore, here's one of Voldy's last lines:
>"Dumbledore was trying to keep the Elder Wand from me! He intended that Snape should be the true master of the wand! But I got there ahead of you, little boy — I reached the wand before you could get your hands on it, I understood the truth before you caught up. I killed Severus Snape three hours ago, and the Elder Wand, the Deathstick, the Wand of Destiny is truly mine! Dumbledore’s last plan went wrong, Harry Potter!"

We're talking about the books, doofus
He had a big long speech explaining how the wand changed allegiance in front of hundred of people in the Great Hall

see
And also I'm not so sure about Wand Lore, but Voldemort put the withering curse on the ring that was killing Dumbles, would that count as 'defeating him' enough to pass on ownership?

When did Harry give a speech in the great hall? He told everyone about the horcruxes and he needs to find them, not the wand. After Voldy was defeated he snuck away with Ron and Hermione because he didn't want to be bothered.

Would've been pretty dark though
And then they should've gotten together at the end of OotP, had a rough patch in HBP and gotten back together near the end (same post Quidditch kiss) and then noble break up at the end of the same book

Harry and Voldemort's final duel was in the great hall in the books

Based

This would've made better sense
Harry doesn't like Cho because she's a sprinkler
Starts noticing Ginny being a Stacy in the DA meetings
Has fears of being possessed, Ginny comforts him
They start dating
Sirius's death makes Harry depressed
He doesn't like Ginny cheering him up and saying it's not his fault
Their relationship is kinda off by end of book 5
Book 6 and Harry is back at the Burrow, he realizes he's been an angsty prick
Him and Ginny get back together again but it's on and off because it's shown that both are hotheads
They make make up for good after the Quidditch final
End breakup happens as in canon

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT NEEDED RESSURECTING, MY INTEREST IN CHILDREN'S FANTASY AFTER SITTING THROUGH ONE OF THE DULLEST

>it's shown that both are hotheads
This is one of the reasons I thought Harry and Ginny doesn't work
Harry is an asshole to everyone in OotP and not a whole lot better in the next book while Ginny is established as someone who goes straight to jinxing people she doesn't like, even getting ready to hex her brother for saying she's a slut she was

And that's why they're perfect for each other, because they're both impulsive and fierce. And have the same sarcastic humor and love of Quidditch. Face it, H/G is best pairing.

What's up with all the fucking harry potter threads today?

Fine day Sunday, know why that is, Dudley?

Sundeh

Harry/Ginny could've been developed really well
Like instead of just saying they played Quidditch at the Burrow Rowling could have put in at least one scene where they're making fun of Ron being a terrible Keeper
And put in a bit more about them cracking jokes at each other

Reminder Harry only got interested in Ginny after he walked in on her kissing a black guy

So Hermione may be black but Harry definitely is white

so if harry was at tianenmen square and saw a tank coming towards him and he did expelliarmus would the tank barrel fly up and land on his head

Attached: 1560819376277.jpg (640x654, 39K)

>my best friend and my sister?

>Why does Ron, the largest wizard, not simply eat the other two?

MY SANDWICH

Attached: a8771058450eee2253ebf362e84939b5.jpg (600x315, 29K)

The only ending the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises deserved is one that would have came a few hours sooner. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

It needed a better book and generally better script, because JK rowling completely ran out of ideas for the last one.

Never see Voldemort's face until the very last scene of the series, Bring back the og actor from CoS or somebody that looks like him.

Change the way the magic battles work. Have a scene or three of wizards and witches completely stomping all over muggles and making a massacre of them. No smokey cloud bullshit, just adult, experienced magical beings using brooms and disillusionment.

>5th movie scene was nice tho.

And generally don't forget what brooms are. Have a scene in last book/movie where Draco secretly summons Dobby himself, Dobby still keeping a magical ear out all this time. Or just sending a new elf after Dobby.

Address why Hermione doesn't even think to ask for muggle help or flee the country. Address how and why it may very well be a bad idea for nonmagical muggles to marry directly into magical families, muggleborns not withstanding. Mention muggle/magical pairs producing non magical children.

>JK rowling completely ran out of ideas for the last one.
On the contrary I think she crammed in way too many ideas in the last one
New ideas about wands, the Deathly Hallows, Dumbledores past etc that weren't even hinted at before

Snapping the Elder Wand should have had Dumbledore scream a no, only for Harry's newly repaired wand to morph into something similar.

that was never gonna happen. Its dumb when anime does it.
:)

that's writing yourself into a corner. She didn't have a way to defeat Voldy so she made one up last second.
>b-b-but the diary!
retcon, wasn't actually set up

The "Harry as Jesus" metaphor was even dumber.
>Ron writes it all down, has Ginny ghost write it into am adventure story. Has a bit at the ending explaining that its mostly true, but it is censored so that younger audiences can enjoy it, and for security purposes.

instead of conveniently killing off the Lestrange/Riddle child, she is enrolled in school as has the making of another generational talent. They are forced to deal with her existence.

And how exactly was it? Quantify these statements.

>where are the American wizards"? Why did this series pretend America didn't exist. If this really happened the US military would have created some Wizard Force and sent soldiers to Hogwarts and this would have ended in the first movie.
fuck off retard.