Dishonest Horror thread

Attached: jayschoice.jpg (1200x1778, 387K)

never seen any good

What is dishonest horror?

This was terrible

I liked this movie a lot.

Genuinely don't get the love for this movie. Lingering takes and sparse ambience do not an effective or tense horror movie make. As someone unironically enjoys le ebin slowburn atmospheric horror, Blackcoat's Daughter was like it was trying mimic much better movies instead of doing what they did by learning from them. Really bland fucking story, awkward performances, just really pretentious.

1st time I didn't finish it, gave it a crack again and unironically got under my skin, I finally understood why Yea Forums went on about it

The demon was so fucking dumb looking however I think the gril was just a sperg schizo and she imagined that shit.

>Implying you got a clear view of the demon

Any twist that relies on lying to your audience to pull off is a shitty twist.

That demon was a fucking pussy. He lasted like 1 minute of exorcism before bailing

Fell asleep and didn't know it was the same whore all along piece a shit movie!

it's just one retard

This 2bh. I'm assuming that's what OP meant by dishonest but honestly with Yea Forums I don't even know or care anymore

the only thing that the two actresses share is their lack of any acting ability
Boyton was nice though, still a piece of trash movie

I get why some people don't care for it but if it is your kind of song and dance then yeah it's fantastic.

People wanting to seem smart. There's literally two good scenes in the whole 16 hour movie. "You just didn't get it".

Makes it scarier when you find out how devoted to Satan, Sally is from mad men

Anyone in her situation would feel the same. She was enchanted by the devil long before the boiler room scene. She knew about her parents death and in that knowledge found perverse power over others who did not know. Laughing at the headmaster for his foolishness, it was like she was a demon too. The power she must have felt, the freedom would be orgasmic.
It is no wonder she begged for him back, she must have felt so hollow without that relationship.

I meant in real life but ok

Fiction and non-fiction are the same thing.

The corruption of a young and desperate person by the devil is classic horror. Taunted with the knowledge her parents are dead and she is all alone in the world the girl turns to the only warmth left in her life and bows before it. With this new found power she does what she wants, she laughs at those who do not know what she does and kills as she pleases. But then her power and warmth is taken away. In desperation she kills more and offers the blood to the warmth she once knew, desperate to feel free once again.
A film about slavish desire in the face of loss. Her alien personality only helps dictate just how far she is from humanity. Horrifying if you can imagine such a mindset, boring if you cannot.

Attached: 1562153189634.jpg (1000x1219, 794K)

Why didn't she just turn to god?
>Inb4 god killed her parents

God did not tell her they died. God did not wrap a warm blanket of understanding around her and God did not befriend her at her most desperate hour. She was young and afraid of being alone. The Devil offered to be her friend and in their friendship she found the power to laugh over death and be a master of life.
Her later adventure back to the school is proof of her longing. She laughs manically once she realizes the people she is with. Surely this is his plan? Bring Him their heads and all will be right again. In the end did she meet Him again? Who knows, but her reasoning is clear. She forsook God for someone who seemed to care.

Everyone understood what the story was about, that's not the point. It was crap regardless.

Why's that?

But he also ditches her in the end? It's a nice film about not turning to the Devil

He was purged from her against her will. The end is ambiguous as to whether he comes back or not. He didn't exactly "ditch" her.

There is nothing alluring about the film. You barely give a fuck about any of the characters. Also uses cheap gimmicks like simultaneously showing two timelines but not disclosing this until the end. This only serves to lead the viewer on thinking that there is something grand that is going to eventually happen when the two gals meet but it just goes "acktually those are just different timelines :)" and that's supposed to somehow be a climatic revelation? That's just lazy, my dude. You're just hiding information from the viewer and then expect that revealing the full picture is in itself a satisfying conclusion. That's not good storytelling.

I thought showing her with him and without him side by side was a solid choice narratively. It showed how she was effected even after he left her. She was forever changed. In a way she WAS a different person without him so not knowing it is her adds to that power and the implication of what it meant to her. It wasn't until she killed that she felt closer to him and it wasn't until then that we know they are the same. I found it poetic.
As for not caring about the characters maybe it just didn't gel with you. I found the characters intentions and plights engaging.