What kind of mature DC movie are they going to make next?

What kind of mature DC movie are they going to make next?

Attached: Joker1911.jpg (1925x1283, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/120717442/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Black_Label
wegotthiscovered.com/movies/warner-bros-planning-doctor-fate-movie/
youtube.com/watch?v=nrWZi7bGliQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Character study on Deathstroke

First Blood starring John Stewart

Attached: Jogger.webm (852x480, 2.56M)

The Question Noir-style film in the vain of Sin City

A Deathstroke movie would be awesome.

What if the Flash travelled back in time to smuggle jews out of 1940s Germany

If DC learns their lesson, all their future films will be standalones. No explicitly connected universe, maybe just a few crossovers. They can reclaim their place as capekino kings if they just drop the DCEU entirely

Harvey Dent Citizen Kane rip-off

Bane. It will basically be Denis/Teddy Bear

Attached: teddy bear.jpg (650x400, 31K)

I would love a dark Penguin movie. With him as a crime boss.

Attached: 1EC5E07C-7FF4-493C-82D5-286D56C7274F.jpg (880x2812, 502K)

>mature

Attached: 28.jpg (494x588, 46K)

the penguin

Mature capeshit is an oxymoron

You know what would have been a good DC Comics film instead of a shitty remake of King Of Comedy with clown makeup?

Have a mature noirish film about Hub City starring The Question.

Attached: 2014-08-07 19.16.55.jpg (100x100, 13K)

How about a movie of The Question in the vein of.. The Question?
Fuck copying Frank Miller's Sin City. Sin City is Sin City. The hell does Sin City have to do with The Question? As much as I love Sin City, the 80s Question comics are better.

Attached: The Question q20b.jpg (100x100, 5K)

Pretty sure a dark, realistic batman is already in the works
So many things that could go wrong with that

A dark, gritty, realistic take on Superman

Plastic Man

For a book from the 80s, The Question had some Preacher level scenes of fucked up shit.

Attached: Question #19 - Page 6.jpg (641x1004, 142K)

Wonder Woman but she gets raped

Why can't we have a good Superman?

We did, it was called Man of Steel

For me it’s Vigilante. A western style short two part series that reboots Jonah Hex at the same time.

Didn't we already get enough of that trash with Man Of Steel and Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justshit? You also got the off brand edgelord shit like Brightburn.

If you want that, have someone go make a Miracleman movie. Leave Superman alone.

Attached: Man Of Murder ultra.jpg (640x955, 144K)

now that Arrow is ending, that Green Arrow movie where he fights his way out of a prison

Killer Moth but he's gay

>realistic
Realism is overrated. They're Hollywood movies,not documentaries. Even Nolan's films were very unrealistic. He just used movie magic to trick people into thinking it was. That's his prestige.

Attached: dark knight rises burt ward cameo.jpg (792x363, 38K)

Why the fuck do people keep insisting on a Green Arrow in prison movie? It was some shitty Hollywood script. It wasn't even from the comics. Not at the time. They may have written it in after.

There are so many things you can do with Green Arrow. I don't see any sensible reason to put Oliver Queen in jail.

Attached: green lantern green arrow 1427936724136.jpg (2220x3262, 2.17M)

An adaption of Superman Red Son directed by Sam Raimi

Attached: red son.jpg (1505x2187, 430K)

>mature
>capeshit
Pick one.

Oh yeah. It was some shitty script David S Goyer wrote. You know. The asshole who made fun of a room full of fans by saying they were a bunch of virgins because they knew who Martian Manhunter was in Justice League comics. Why the fuck do we give these Hollywood pricks the time of day? They want to rape and pillage comics for trademarks, all while inserting cliche Hollywood bullshit into these shitty superhero films.

Fuck these assholes. Fans owe them nothing.

Attached: Superman-v-Goyer.jpg (234x303, 25K)

based, could have lots of potential

You realize that even entertainment for children can be mature, right?

Attached: superman for all seasons c17.png (541x700, 679K)

*HUFF HUFF HUFF*
*BUMP*
"Well met, fellow Redditor!"
*HUFF HUFF HUFF*

You mean, what will be the next reboot of a 40 year old De Niro film?

The Riddler in Taxi Driver.

It's often when media pretends to be adult, when it acts like it's mature media for mature people like myself, then it seems most juvenile.

Attached: batmanvsuperman this is fine 1469308317148.jpg (500x500, 61K)

Penguin, TwoFace, and Bane in GoodFellas remake after that.

Two Face in Cape Fear

I wasn't really that interested in it until most of the internet started getting pissed off about it for whatever reasons.
Now i'm wanting to see it just from that.

Attached: 500927a79093394ae9372763635f6d173a522a0b31a1d0f5770b317b65d94382.jpg (460x345, 34K)

I favor the Penguin for the Godfather.

Wolf of Wall Street but Black Mask

Naw. Scarface, not Bane. Bane is too much of a lone force. Well, maybe if his faction and henchmen come in like an invasion. That's pretty much what he did in Knightfall. People just think he broke Batman's back. He broke his mind first. He cracked open the asylum and created chaos in the streets.

Actually. You know what would be great. A movie about henchmen working for bosses like Penguin, Two-Face, and Scarface. It would be some kind of dark comedy.

Attached: Detective_Comics_711.jpg (400x597, 55K)

The 80s Question series is an underrated gem. It has a following, but I wish it got more acclaim. Sadly DC has left it out of print sadly. Though plenty of ways to find comics online.

Plus Gotham on a bad day would be an average day in Hub City. Just usually minus some Halloween masks.

Attached: TheQuestion#005-04.jpg (1200x1873, 725K)

that idea basically turned into the Arkham Asylum game which was pretty good

>Ctrl+F "Vertigo"
>0 Results
Fucking plebs, the lot of you.

Attached: alan moore vs snyder.png (540x405, 269K)

Morrison was mocking "mature capeshit for mature individuals such as myself" *decades* ago.

Fugg

Attached: am_24_016.jpg (1280x1970, 986K)

Animal Man series when?

Why the fuck they just deleted the last Joker thread that was getting a lot of replies???
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/120717442/

penguin becomes crazy because global warming

>What kind of mature DC movie are they going to make next?
A mature Power Girl movie that reflects the serious nature of our celebrity social media culture.

Power Girl has hi-resolution nude pictures and video of her tits and vagina leaked all over the internet, and she has to find the evil doers responsible and bring them to justice.

Attached: power_girl_premium_format_figure_by_artgerm-d7svlqe.jpg (679x1000, 152K)

Whatever DC Black Label sells. I think the Question would be interesting for a movie.

what's black label supposed to mean?

Fucking Warners can't even adapt mainline DC. I don't trust them to adapt Vertigo stuff. The Constantine movie was crap. The tv show was.. eh.. okay. Doom Patrol is good for a show on a shitty streaming service, but I still hate the bunch of changes it made for the show.

Attached: Doom_Patrol_v2_025_pg00.jpg (1024x1578, 267K)

It's an imprint for mature audiences
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Black_Label

>superman: year one
>frank miller
So guaranteed kino then?

I haven't read it but I wouldn't be so sure. Miller kind of lost his touch over time.
If you want Supes kino just get All Star.

I don't think Morrison always nails it, but he surely knows how overrated "mature" superhero stories are, even when he's writing some of the best actually mature ones out there. Even some of his all ages books are good actually mature superhero tales.

Hell, a handful of the good bits of Man Of Steel were just random lines and ideas of his stolen by Snyder sadly tossed into that mess of a film.

Attached: JLA-morrisport_575.png (575x573, 745K)

>Miller kind of lost his touch over time.
What are you dense? Are you retarded or something?

Attached: goddamn batman.jpg (673x384, 79K)

That's great but she also needs to be five foot nothing and skin and bones

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Attached: DC-actors.jpg (1111x8066, 1.63M)

A neo noir kino with batman doing detective stuff and clayface as the antagonist, a slowburn and atmospheric, bone chilling that says more with less.

Attached: powergirl no 65169690.jpg (474x418, 64K)

Too bad you're in Hollywood

o b s e s s e d

Immature here. Just do Dr. Fate and go all out with the mysticism/paranormal/psychedelic shit.
Make sure that it's black and white too, ala 7th Seal. Get Von Trier to direct it.

Attached: dads gonna freak.webm (610x1080, 2.44M)

Forget it, Jack. It's Hollywoodtown.

Attached: joker4f968515b0b259596ac28f15d8d7bbfd.jpg (236x293, 11K)

Who would you cast as Fate?

Attached: strange looking guy.jpg (1024x826, 163K)

I'd watch the shit outta any kind of Dr Fate adaptation. Captain Atom too.

EVEN MY FUCKING GUY BEN?

Attached: 1345726704361.jpg (208x234, 13K)

I can't call it desu. But he'll be 40+ in any case.

>mfw von trier makes a capeshit movie eventually
It would be an interesting turn of events

>all their future films will be standalones

I sort of second this. No more than 1 villain and 1 super cape. Hollywood got it in their head that the way to make a capeshit movie better was by adding in more characters. Every capeshit movie that does it ends up being the shittiest movie of whatever capeshit franchise it is. Only Watchmen successfully pulled off having a shitload of characters because the movie was long enough to delve into each character.

This, we need this commiekino

even Tobey Maguire's wife irl

Attached: 1548875821094.jpg (320x320, 25K)

It's on the agenda apparently. I think Tim Robbins would make a decent Fate, but I doubt they'll go that old.
wegotthiscovered.com/movies/warner-bros-planning-doctor-fate-movie/

kino

>Nathaniel Adam was a Captain in the US military Air Force, in 1968 he was framed of a crime by the General Eiling which would result in the penalty of death, given the possibility to take part of an experiment to clear his name with a presidential pardon Nathan was put on an alien ship seemingly indestructible made of a metal called Dillusteel to test its durability by nuking it.
The experiment would lead to the metal bonding with him along with the energy granting him the ability to tap into an external force called the Quantum Field and sending him 20 years into the future.
He would discover that his now dead wife had remarried the general that framed him in the first place and that even his children were close to his own age, Eiling discovering that Nathan was alive and with powers he would use the old accusation against him which was never addressed after the failure of the experiment to force Nathan to serve under the army by the name of Captain Atom and hide his real name using the name Cameron Scott.
Origin sounds like it could be made into something interesting.

movie about the flash, who has a crippling addiction to speed , the movie is his journey learning what it means to live fast. Joker is to Taxi Driver as The Flash is to Trainspotting.

cast him

Years ago I would've went with pic related. Now? Maybe that Holbrook guy.

Attached: escape-from-new-york-1981-001-kurt-russell-one-eye-medium-shot-1000x750.jpg (1000x750, 154K)

That is honestly a hilarious comic and it still hasnt gotten its deserved due.

R-RATED POWER GIRL MOVIE STARRING BETTY GILPIN, DIRECTED BY PAUL VERHOEVEN!!!FACT!!!

Attached: POWER CUNT.jpg (978x1071, 89K)

The Kitchen was released under DC Vertigo, so I assume they’re going to use that production company for other adaptations. Or it could fall to the wayside like Marvel Knights did.

WANT MORE PROOF THAT I'M RIGHT?!?FACT!!!

Attached: Betty.webm (1920x960, 3M)

Unironically.

Attached: b646f3bc1c6fb9d3edec94b8c249b33b.jpg (584x918, 174K)

Lady Shiva to go up against Shang Chi. Maybe have it be influenced by Kill Bill.

A Kamandi movie that's a ripoff of Planet of the Apes

>No more than 1 villain and 1 super cape.
It's actually really rare for a superhero movie to only have one villain. Winter Soldier had about 5

>Green Arrow without a beard?
>WHY?
it truly was a simpler and better time

jesus christ that's the most cringe thing I've ever read
are comic writers 14 years old nowadays?

didn't use to be

>The Constantine movie was crap. The tv show was.. eh.. okay
not gonna read the rest of your post. those two adaptations are the clearest example that funny book accuracy =/= quality

jeff chapman is an absolute treasure

Attached: dc3dzpy-0faef1f3-0c8f-4e27-b246-5da6b36f534a.jpg (864x1368, 883K)

They should make a hard R rated Orca movie, she needs one.

Attached: orca buffff.jpg (1024x750, 104K)

This.

Attached: green arrow point.jpg (209x164, 9K)

YES

>WHAT?! A COMIC FOR CHILDREN IS WRITTEN IN A WAY CHILDREN WOULD FIND APPEALING? HOW COULD THIS BE!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=nrWZi7bGliQ

I’m not sure about mature but I want a Beast Boy movie. Coolest Titan, green skin, awesome powers, what more could you want?