This movie was fucking amazing, but I don't remember there being much hype or advertisement surrounding it

This movie was fucking amazing, but I don't remember there being much hype or advertisement surrounding it.

WHY WASN'T THERE MORE FANFARE, Yea Forums??

Attached: 66D8BB8A-E4E8-4422-9242-603110084545_959D01BE-32B6-4130-B655-83814C2103A4_2018-8-8-T9-0-51.jpg (260x371, 27K)

>historical drama based on a 50yo Japanese novel about Catholics (religious minority) in Japan in medieval times
>no fanfare
What a surprise.
Yea Forums liked it well enough.

>medieval times

I liked it, one of Based Mawthy's best.

Too bad that it flopping meant he had to degrade himself back to make DUDE GANGSTERS LMAO shit again.

Attached: file.png (759x500, 493K)

It was a massive pleb filter. Godbless Martin.

The Jews hate Marty because he's an open Catholic and always uses religious allegory or iconography. Srs. It's a goddamn shame how this movie was blacklisted. It is a goddamn masterpiece on the level of Tarakovsky or Kurosawa films IMHO.

it didnt show the suffering of Jews.

I usually never buy into these conspiracy theories but I think it should be obvious why a movie centered around the persecution of Christians didn’t receive much promotion in modern Hollywood

>dude Wikipedia synopsis
Whatever. Early Edo is almost like Medieval times for Japan. Martyrdom was also common in Medieval Europe.

>You were defeated by this swamp of Japan!

Was I supposed to root for the popecucks?

people these days are too simple minded for a religious philosophical movie even if it stars spider man, kylo ren, and oskar schindler

agreed

fucking awful movie, glad it failed. scorcese is a hack and the movie was horribly shot and directed, as hamfisted as always

it was kino, I remember a few threads about it on Yea Forums at the time

I still can't decide if it was fully based or fully retarded for Adam Driver to lose all his gainz for the movie when he only appeared for like 9 minutes.

But shit i'd go to extremes too if Scorsese needed it.

Attached: file.png (2000x1500, 3.37M)

Great movie, but I wish it went more into the historical politics regarding Christianity in Japan. The whole "it simply will not flourish here" stuff was not only oversimplifying things, but just wrong.

The Daimyo at the time really took a liking to Christianity because it promoted obedience to ones social superiors (especially if they too were Catholic), and it was a great way to get the unruly samurai class to stay in line. It actually spread quite quickly, and only started to become a "problem" once the unification of Japan truly began. Regardless, it was a pretty great movie.

Yes being an open catholic is like being an open pedophile. No right minded person would support a pedophile religion where the pedo Pope is god amongst all, even god....

Anyways this movie was anti-religion lol

>actors
>caring about gainz

You do know all actors roid up and get gains at the blink of an eye.

>t. heretic
wanna talk about degenerate? think of the most cucked nations in the west
they're all majority protestant aren't they? :^)

>gainz
>lost some fat

okay

>Scorsese
>Anti-religion
Lol no it's not fedora. It's about man's eternal struggle with faith in the face of absolute oppression, misery and betrayal. Not surprised you have such a reductionist opinion on the film. As if Catholics are the only ones with skeletons in their closet, what a fucking laugh. We're you asleep during the last few months with elites being outed as pedofilth, how about when Hollywood directors like Bryan singer? No no no, it's just the Catholics. Go back.

>>Anyways this movie was anti-religion lol
Someone got pleb filtered.

TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBUL BUSINESS!!!!
five star kino.