Heh, this is actually kino

Heh, this is actually kino.

Attached: the strain.jpg (1920x1080, 461K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gj3XQUGciuY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, it's not.

The tv series? Decent for first couple seasons and then completely goes to shit.

came here to post this, it quickly turns to shit

yup. i lost interest after the nuke happened. it was fun while it lasted.

Cancelled now, right?

When they killed the female doctor i knew it was over

it's fucking terrible, the main character is written like the most stereotype flawed male protagonist ever.
couldnt make it past episode 3 of this cliché hollywood garbage.

This. I liked the take on vampires but main characters are whole bunch of boring fellows.

It would've been much better if it was all just about Setrakian fighting against Master through ages.

By far one of the greatest ''So Bad it's Good'' tv shows of all time. The Strain use to crack me the fuck up ! I still have to finish it

Attached: 635789147144607004-810365278_Crying Laughing Maury.gif (267x199, 2.11M)

Was good untill I realised it's another never ending story

>Heh, this is actually kino.
Season 4 sucked. They should've stuck to 3 seasons or at least made season 3 a full 22 episodes.

it may have the worst child actor ever, this little faggot had to be the director's son or something

Attached: d686d2b75ad04701c7aafc40344067aa.jpg (300x169, 9K)

It's kind of entertaining at the beginning but then you get fatty mcmexican's self insert murdering innocent [white] people while being portrayed as morally righteous and jewy mcjewerson talking about the hall of costs every episode. Oh and the bad guy leaves everyone alive despite having the upper 10 million times.
>cabal of nazi vampires own all the corporations in america lol

By around S1E4, the outbreak is supposed to be spreading to the streets. There are scenes where cops are getting attacked in the streets by the zombie monster things. As a viewer your like "wow things are really going to be out of hand next episode", and then next episode it's like they totally ignore the plot progression and just have the entire planet go back to knowing nothing. You could tell scary episode was directed by somebody else

It was almost surreal. He was so fucking bad.

After his mom got vamped, he needed a serious beating. God, he was in psychotic levels of denial. Completely infuriating.

It's fun because they switched the kid from the 1st because he was so bad
Then they got someone worse

i_like___it. it.....is....so...stereo....typical...that...it...is.....quite....goood. ... .. ... especially... the old...guy.

>The Acting
>That wig
>The Horror...the horror
youtube.com/watch?v=gj3XQUGciuY

Attached: 0087s.png (589x493, 152K)

I really liked it until they found a half-vampire gladiator to help them fight. Teaching the cholo how to fight them bare handed made a little bit of sense, but it turned into Heroes fast.

He's a better character in the books.

Hell, everyone is.

Maybe if you only watched the first episode.

It is, but it crashes and burns after the second season.

The special effects in it were great.

>or at least made season 3 a full 22 episodes.
None of the seasons has 22 episodes.

Did it have some sort of conclusion or was it cancelled? I watched that shit but have literally no recollection what happened in the end

>None of the seasons has 22 episodes.
I know. but if season 3 could've had the episodes to finish out the series, there wouldn't have been that train wreck that was season 4.

New York got Vampire 9/11'd and that was the last episode.

When they replaced the kid in the second season with that stupid faggot twat, I dropped the series immediately.

Also, are they putting fucking ads in the post boxes now? Seriously?

>New York got Vampire 9/11'd and that was the last episode.
There's another season after that it has a proper ending, although I found it to be unsatisfying

Fuck me, there is another season. That's weird. I'll watch it sometime just for the closure.

>Did it have some sort of conclusion or was it cancelled?
It had a conclusion that despite having an extra season felt really rushed.

>Places heavy importance on the Occido Lumen
>Turns out to be useless
>Play up the religious vs science narrative
>Just brute forces the enemy in the end
Final season invalidates the previous seasons and tone of the show

My biggest problem with the series was:
>Vampires were just some ancient evil.
The origin of the Vampires in the books was just so much more interesting. Blending biblical mythology and modern viral science.

It’s based on a book series and that ending was Jesus-y

Both.
There's three books and they were aiming to adapt it in five seasons. Book 1, season 1. Book 2, seasons 2 and 3. Book 3, seasons 4 and 5. But the series didn't do great on the ratings and got cancelled. Knowing season 4 would be the last, they condensed 4 and 5 into one. So the series does have an ending, though it kinda rushed getting there.

Except Vasily. I liked him better in the show

The scene where Eph has like a bear psychotic break in like episode 3 or 4 when he finds out vampires are actually real AND fall under the jurisdiction of his job is just an amazing scene. His acceptance and near fanaticism comes through with like a crazy shine in his eyes. I had hoped that there would be more scenes like that, but it dove tails fairly quickly at the start of season 2.

>Except Vasily. I liked him better in the show
Oh that's right! Vasily in the show is goat. favorite character by far.

That kid was a total fucking disaster. Every single decision he made was the worst possible decision anyone could make, and it just kept getting worse and worse, with the pinnacle obviously being the nuke.

If they were intentionally trying to make him the most hated villain of the show, they succeeded amazingly.

I don't think they were though.

They so fucked up the character design of the big bad

iirc the main reason for recasting the kid after season one was that the original kid actor was too nice and adorable. so they were basically going for zack being a cunt

>iirc the main reason for recasting the kid after season one was that the original kid actor was too nice and adorable. so they were basically going for zack being a cunt
Yeah I never really looked into that. I figured the original kid either aged too much or his parents asked for too much money.

>nukes ur city
psssh nothing personnel dad

Attached: 20190908_164356.gif (367x206, 3.86M)

>you killed my mom who was trying to kill you!
Holy fuck, it was so dumb.

I don't care people opinion, I loved this show

especially the gladiator and jew vs nazi

Complete trash

people are like rats

I know kids are stupid, but that kid was on a whole other level that ive never seen before. The world is full of crazy freaky vampires that shoot things out of their mouths, and your mom is very clearly one of these monsters now. Yet he still prefers monster mom over actual dad? Also was he the one that got that hispanic chick killed? I think they were in the subway tunnels or something but I can't remember exactly

>I think they were in the subway tunnels or something but I can't remember exactly
the vamps crashed the train and the kid spotted his mom and went after her. hispanic tried to attack his mom and got bit. instead of becoming a vamp she killed herself.

>Decent for first couple episodes and then completely goes to shit.
ftfy

Unironically a case of having really shit source material. Watching the first episode I thought it was going to be some sort of really interesting pseudo lovecraftian horror thing with some crazy interesting monsters. And then it just turned out to be vampires with tentacles and they make zombie vampires.

And then it basically because pseudo walking dead with vampire tentacle zombies. Just watching the first episode they had so much mystery and genuine scary shit and then it was just zombie vampires.

The original master looked kinda cool tho.

It started good, but got kinda meh after a while.
I'm glad it ended, but I'm also glad I finished it.

He can't fight back he has to let her kill him!

*gets your hot latina gf fucking killed*
>pshhh, nothing personell... dad.

Attached: download.jpg (600x338, 21K)

one of the worst tv series I've ever seen, good thing it got cancelled

>got cancelled
no it didn't.

>Season 4
I couldn't even manage to watch the second season

Best character by far

Attached: Eichorst.jpg (1920x1080, 68K)

Cloaca = Chicken Butt Vampires....

I really liked how they didn't resort to cheap deus ex machina tropes in the first season. For example, my expectations were positively subverted when pulling out that one worm from Eph's friend didn't save him.