Sequel to The Shining

sequel to The Shining

youtube.com/watch?v=BOzFZxB-8cw

yieks

Attached: Doctor_Sleep_teaser_poster.png (240x356, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm7738797/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_i22
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>turning the shining into capeshit

Wow. This looks godawful. I couldn't even get through the trailer. Stephen King's son is a hack, and whoever made this movie is a bigger hack.

>not a slow-burn psychological horror movie with no jumpscares? not for me!

Attached: images.jpg (224x224, 8K)

>made the kid black
Nah, no thanks.

SHININS YO SHOES, SUH?

The book was dogshit, doubt the adaptation will be better

I hear you user, lets watch The Nun again, we can binge The Curse of La Llorona after, thats what real manly men watch.

Couldn't find a rip of la llorona, though it looked kind of lame anyway.

What I find hilarious is King won’t shutup about his dislike for Kubrick’s movie. Yet approves this movie being a sequel to the movie and not his book

Needs an epic anime style fight at the end

It look lie a movie-by-numbers piece of shit made by Blumhouse or the like.

>Doctor Sleep” continues the story of Danny Torrance, 40 years after his terrifying stay at the Overlook Hotel in The Shining. Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson and newcomer Kyliegh Curran star in the supernatural thriller, directed by Mike Flanagan, from his own screenplay based upon the novel by Stephen King.

Still irrevocably scarred by the trauma he endured as a child at the Overlook, Dan Torrance has fought to find some semblance of peace. But that peace is shattered when he encounters Abra, a courageous teenager with her own powerful extrasensory gift, known as the “shine.” Instinctively recognizing that Dan shares her power, Abra has sought him out, desperate for his help against the merciless Rose the Hat and her followers, The True Knot, who feed off the shine of innocents in their quest for immortality.

Forming an unlikely alliance, Dan and Abra engage in a brutal life-or-death battle with Rose. Abra’s innocence and fearless embrace of her shine compel Dan to call upon his own powers as never before—at once facing his fears and reawakening the ghosts of the past.

Attached: wat.png (972x650, 365K)

>single piano note at the start of trailer

>King hates Kubrick's film
>the adaptation of his book is a sequel to Kubrick's film
I guess he realized that when people think of The Shining, they think of Kubrick's movie and not his mini-series.

What the fuck does REDRUM supposed to mean anyway?

Attached: gooby.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

REGGIN

Just how many bombs is WB planning on shitting out this year?

he was vocally butthurt about that on twitter when the project was announced. he even stopped tweeting about trump for about 30 minutes to voice his discontent.

I think the decades of far worse adaptations of his books has probably softened him up on Kubrick’s Shining.

I guess you will love this movie

horror flicks are super cheap to make. there is almost no chance that one of them becomes what you call "a bomb".

I hope it will gives us more classic scenes like this one.

Attached: anc.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>ewan walks by the furry blowjob room
>haha it's 2019 guys. let me give you a hand there

COCKSUCKER

what was his endgame?

The sequel to Kubrik's movie features a gang of vampires wearing tophats hunting a super kid. Unbelievable. I think one thing that made The Shining even greater was that it was unsullied by horse shit sequels ala pretty much all other 80s horror film.

Is this a young adult novel? Sounds terrible, lol.

>The RRedditrum

This is going to be as bad as the sequels to Psycho. There will be no covering up the drop off in talent behind the camera

You can bet the hack director will ape Kubrick did i but I’ll be pure cringe

Psycho 3 was kino tho

Attached: Psycho_iii_poster.jpg (500x764, 81K)

>giving the child actor more than 10 lines
and it's shit

This is what the trailer looks like:
>wow, it's the Overlook!
>wow, it's the bedroom!
>wow, it's the ballroom!
>wow, it's the twins!
>wow, it's the door! And the here's Johnny shot!
>uh... who are these twilight characters?
>why does it look like a daytime drama?
>oh no, these new characters and settings look awful
>wow, it's the elevator of blood again!
This is literally "I clapped when I saw _____" the movie. Why would Ewan McGregor do this to himself?

>Why would Ewan McGregor do this to himself
I mean what else has he been doing?

>Why would Ewan McGregor do this to himself?
Because his career is 90% terrible bullshit?

he's been in one great movie and one good, so I'd say 99%

He was decent in Fargo tbqhwyf

This. It can fuck right off. King didn’t learn a thing from that meme actor butchering the Dark Tower.

It was fucking terrible.
>single mom is hero
>dad is dead
>CGI shit
>Cliched holy ritual at the end but with Mexican variety instead of Catholic, not as good as the Warrens

red ale pirate juice

yeah, this is the part that rustles me. it's an adaptation of the book but also a sequel to the shining movie, not the book. because everyoen remembers the movie, not the book. and it's so shameless, even using the original score for the movie. such bullshit

production offered him a safe haven from riley

I’ve come to detest McGregor with a weird intensity, I’m not even sure why. I think it began when I saw him and confirmed paedo Naomi Watts groping and flashing a 16 year old Tom Holland in The Impossible.

>turning the Shining into some X-Men shit
>probably did it to get back at Kubrick somehow
Fucking Stephen King, man.

Honestly looks epic. Looks like it pays homage to many elements of the original while also adding new ideas and expanding on the superpowers of Danny, which is a take I love and DESPERATELY needed to make the film more successful in these superhero times. Not to mention they nailed the dark and gritty place the movie should have after all these years.

The pretentious incells will always be crying but cover me excited.

Why are they not showing Jacob Tremblay?

Attached: jacob-tremblay-1506144636.jpg (1920x1080, 122K)

correction

>idris elba was the reason Dark Tower sucked
Cringe

Back to

Yeah that's what I assumed but I am running out of horror films to watch and so am getting desperate. Generally spanish horror is mostly awful with one or two exceptions.

yep, nothing but the most cringeworthy low effort nostalgia bait with some weird godawful blue filter over everything

one for the torrent list methinks

>the merciless Rose the Hat and her followers, The True Knot, who feed off the shine of innocents in their quest for immortality
The hardest pass

What's the good one? Ghost writer?

Oh fuck off WB

Attached: ED9tsBlUwAA69yg.jpg (1280x591, 49K)

swallow grave

shallow

Trainspotting 2

>daughter/grandaughter/whatever is black
OH NONONONONONONONONONONONO

The book would be an alright standalone novel, but turning it into a Shining sequel was fucking retarded an only hurt the story.
Anyway, fuck the studio for making the kid a nigger.

>yfw Jack cameos as a ghost who helps his son and says goodbye as he has finally found peace
Not gonna be able to hold them tears bros

>based off Stephen King
>uses imagery directly from Stanley Kubrick
>turns Stanley Kubrick into capeshit

>no scene where The Shining shows up and says I AM THE SHINING, FEAR MY WRATH

Coming up next Clockwork Orange 2: Delarger

Why did people expect this to be any good? The book was a dumb nostalgia filled cashgrab piggybacking off of Kubrick's work, of course they can't make a good movie out of it.

>Anyway, fuck the studio for making the kid a nigger.
I guarantee you Stephen King begged for the kid to be black, he has to resist Trump any way he can.

>we want le Stranger Things audience
No thanks

He had already done that 2 decades ago with a much shittier adaptation of his book.

Attached: 4165RYQWZRL._SY445_.jpg (321x445, 19K)

he liked this one though

King's book was better than kubrick's flick. Is sequel worth reading?

>This is going to be as bad as the sequels to Psycho
Are you fucking crazy?
2 was almost better then 1 and 3 was a decent fun 80s style slasher. 4 was weak. Only the remake was truly bad.

Ha

Imagine taking one of the greatest surreal horror films of all time and turning it into this by the numbers PG-13 Disney Channel looking shit.

NAME ONE STEPHEN KING CINEMA OR TELEVISION ADAPTATION THAT DIDN'T SUCK DONKEY BALLS.

Besides the Stand.

The Shining.

>Is sequel worth reading?

yeah, it's very good, except for the ending, but that's normal in 21st century King

looks boring as fuck. 'durr, lets do the same shit again.' stephen king has always been a hack.

The prison movies

That's a yikes from me dog

This isn’t even the first sequel to a Kubrick movie.

Attached: 454DF2DA-C250-4BD7-9C56-57B51FE5900D.jpg (960x1440, 212K)

That trailer is amazing, it feels beat for beat exactly what a parody trailer of a Shining sequel someone would make for laughs.

It's actually a pretty decent sci-fi movie.

Evil British Rich Evans was pretty good

the trailer is so boring, i had to skip 3 times

The Shining doesnt need a sequel and that effeminated guy is no Jack-Nick.

>Clockwork Orange 2
>Alex gets revenge on the droogs who betrayed him and has a son who he intends to raise to be like him
Would watch.

Blame Stephen King because of his need to have a connected DARK TOWER universe

King is a fucking retard who should feel honored that Kubrick even gave him the time to adapt one of his shitty novels. He's a faggot who barely knows how to get together an interesting story.

I read the book. It was not only one of the worst Stephen King stories I've read, but one of the worst books I've read, period.

Villains are buffoonish and weak. The plot is stale, the characters are uninspired and rehashed. And the ending is almost a literal deus ex machina.

Not saying the adaptation couldn't be entertaining, but it's poor source material. Especially when King has other more recent, and better works. Like Revival, for instance.

Attached: file.png (1400x2115, 3.09M)

>Stephen King's son is a hack

Well I guess that apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Creepshow

I liked Doctor Sleep

The Shining

King should feel honoured that his book didn't end up in the gutter.

Attached: chrome_GSXlgthxBn.png (1479x249, 56K)

Name one Steven king story that wasn't worse than the adaption

This looks fucking horrible, its literally a capeshit dude member the shining sequel. It's like someone made a sequel to Stalker that was a fucking action movie.

Steven King is a terrible writee and Kubrick made Shining good. Mike Flanagan fucking blows, his movies look so ugly and cheao

Pretty much all of them.

You can't make horror "epic", it just doesn't work

This.
King is a fucking hack and Kubrick made him what he is nowadays. Flanagan is a faggot who thinks "jumpscare bad" and his movies look like the most pretentious shit ever, only thing they need to be worse is to be distributed by A24.

the whole redrum is murder backwards is fucking lame a shit.

Looks like ass.

The poster looks like the Cumtown logo

It's stupid as fuck, like in The Shining it was alright but this is too much. It's like that situation where people tell a joke for some time then someone tries to bring it back somehow and try to make it funny again but it just ends up being cringy as fuck.

Misery

You're obviously a consumer of onions products.

i literally vomited all over myself and the people around me. whoever directed this should be sent to the electric chair.

>Villains are buffoonish and weak
That was my favourite part of the book. I can already tell the movie rewrote them to be the typical boring boss fight.

What the actual fuck even is this

Attached: 1548095554081.jpg (460x408, 27K)

Is that fucking RWBY in the background?

Holy shit it is. I think it's this image, third from the left convinced me of it.

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 212K)

need that corporate synergy you, even if it makes no sense and doesn't fit the movie

Looks pretty shitty but I personally love how the filmmakers are going all out in connecting it to the first movie, gonna make a lot of The Shining fags seethe. Here’s your official sequel, once the Rotten Tomatoes score hits 60 it will be canon forever

creepshow isn't an adaptation of anything. he wrote the screenplay, i think, but it wasn't based on any of his stories.

True. I just wanted to throw Creepshow for the fuck of it. As far as actual adaptations go, I like Misery, The Shining, Christine, and Stand by Me.

man, this sucks. Why turn a horror movie into some YA novel about super powers and 1 dimensional villains.

Fuck, man

WE

>nostalgia bait for a kubrick film

Attached: 1539898052957.jpg (445x549, 20K)

Based!

I dont even understand why hes hole in high regard.

cringe. Stephen King is a hack

This might be the only movie un history made entirely from seething power.

>Shining theme starts playing just as they show the generic ebil people with glowing eyes

Attached: 1487976938700.jpg (400x428, 23K)

>This is going to be as bad as the sequels to Psycho
They were actually good. What are you smoking?

this 80's nostalgia wankfest needs to fucking stop i swear. I thought the shining scene in RPO was obnioxious enough, but this...
I can already tell the third act will be nothing but ripoffs of scenes from the original beat for beat

Shitty dreary cinematography. No thanks!!!FACT!!!

when I saw the trailer in the cinema I blurted out "I miss Stanley Kubrick"
the people around me cheered

why is there a shitty blue filter over everything

>they closed it down and let it rot
>place still has power

Attached: come on now.jpg (960x882, 59K)

okay
>tacky blue filter
>poorly lit shots
>poor CGI
>several shots of the trailer are shots recreated from the Shining

that's a big yieks from me bros

Attached: 1567959142200.png (1136x640, 1.01M)

why is ewan doing this

>on november 6
>the world
>will shine again
this literally cant be real
>those fucking comments
wake me up inside

Attached: 1464558758892.png (321x308, 87K)

on the dr sleep book, well on the shining book the hotel was destroyed.

Using it now after that is quite absurd..

gonna pass on this one

>2010: Odyssey Two
>Doctor Sleep
What will be the next rape of a Kubrick masterpiece?

doubt it. the guy's got shit taste and likes a lot of the garbage adaptations his work has spawned.

Doctor Sleep came out in like 2013.

The Running Man, Sometimes They Come Back, Carrie, among others

holy fuck
confirmed KINO

>tfw no lolita 2

>the stand
>good
it shit the bed with the climax, but as i understand it that's to be expected with a king narrative.

It wasn't raping Kubrick's movie like this is though.

i noticed that too. sigh, when will it end?

would love to see an actual red rum movie

Attached: 6454465.jpg (600x800, 94K)

apart from it being obvious dogshit it looks like there seems to be no mystery, almost looks like a superhero battle off between psychics or whatever and that group

>yet another another reboot/sequel/prequel
wake me up when an original movie is made

Attached: D5XL5Y2X4AAhNqS.jpeg.jpg (557x625, 48K)

>black
this is the same guy who did The Haunting of Hill House, which had tons of blacked content. don't know why are surprised.

if that was possible, mcdowell would be filming the 20th sequel this year. that guy literally does anything.

the reason why it has blue filter because it's same director as The Haunting of Hill House, which had also extensive blue filter.

>Revival

What a weird story that was. I'm surprised we haven't seen an adaption. I wanna see some dumbass try and cure his heroin addiction by sticking a fork into an outlet.

t. shill

How autistic are you that a shitty sequel ruins a classic for you?

t. Disney

I remember encountering this book at 16 and thinking King couldn't be fucking serious. I liked a lot of his writing in my teen years, but The Shining was always ass.

I have no idea about the casting at all, and I can guarantee that's some strong blacker than night grrrrrl bullshit right there.

>imdb.com/name/nm7738797/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_i22

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Stephen Kings revenge?

King will Twitter shill any trash adaptation of his work. He was raving about Pet Sematary before it came out, and that was hot wet shit.

>loves shitty adaptations of his work
>hates literally the only good adaptation because it completely upstages him and is the only thing anyone remembers
Honestly I get a really douchey vibe from Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, and other hack fantasy writers who have all of their works made into mediocre movies/shows

The magical negros is an immediate nope for me.

you need to understand

the world

is

Politically Incorrect

This looks like one of those movies that isn't straight out jumpscare horror, but is being marketed as such

This movie also has shot for shot recreations of scenes from the Kubrick version

REDCUM

the mist

Attached: 1554932253919.gif (320x287, 982K)

>Why would Ewan McGregor do this to himself?
i'm convinced he's trying to work up the courage to kill himself

2010 was good I hope this one is decent at least.

deens formerly kcuch

pol meanies boo boo

How the fuck is King still convincing people his writing is anything above fanfiction. This sounds like complete trash.

2010 is kino though.

Neil Gaiman literally comes from the 1% cryptojew family and everything he does, he does for money.

I guess King finally got his revenge against Kubrick.

Gonna play the devil's advocate here and say that pathetic villains were kinda the point here. They're old ass vampire-like beings without any greater purpose than making their lives longer by torturing and killing special children. They've never encountered actual threat, but never elevated themselves beyond a bunch of vampire gypsies either.
I like the combination of creepy, yet kinda pathetic villains, considering their only goal in the book is hunting down a little girl. The girl being protected by an unexpected father figure is also a good idea, although a cliche one.
Honestly, I would give the novel a pass, if it wasn't for the fact that King Hack made it a Shining sequel, which drags down not only this book, but at some level The Shining as well. King had way worse books and more atrocious deus ex machinas in the past. Not like it says much, but still...