Is it dead?

Is it dead?

Attached: 324E8E7C-B271-4DBA-B69E-F1BEAF19807F.jpg (1158x899, 100K)

Literally who

I remember the generals very well. Those stopped fast after mid way through the season with the female doctor. And not even a fight about it , especially when so many users like to pretend to care about stupid shit for yous. It just died

>mid way
m8 the home of the generals was 8ch the whole time femdoctor season was airing. And that shit turned into a literal cult worshipping podcast-shitting tripfags.

Now i see why 8ch got deleted

It's been dead for 30 years user

It was dying with Capaldi. Turning the traditionally male protagonist into a woman was the killing blow (aka every franchise reboot since 2015).

underrated

Moffat killed it. Chinballs is raping the corpse.

>Turning the traditionally male protagonist into a woman was the killing blow

except that it's literally not the problem with the last season and anyone who saw that can tell you that.

right

I hope so. Needs time for people to miss it and realise that it can be done so much better. It needs to be cancelled after the next series. It NEEDS to be. Good thing series 11 lost half it's audience and never got it back.

Well it turned me and every dr who fan i knew from watching the show.

Women wreck everything they are allowed to touch.

>dr who fan
>cares about doctor's gender

go back to your board

As a doornail. Showrunners couldn't have saved it either, once the tumblr fanbase grew up and moved on it was never gonna survive.

It's dead

the female doctor's showrunner killed it

Post your favourite

Attached: DRWho.jpg (644x645, 75K)

I stopped watching after Tennant. Even then some things were starting to go stupid.

I certainly hope so. The past few seasons were painful and somehow Chinballs managed to top them by having some supreme shit plots that only existed as a soap box for his propaganda. Everything hit rock bottom with his series, art design was trash (see her Sonic Screwdriver) soundtrack was just noise, and most people knew it even the faggots defending a female Doctor tuned out. I'm half convinced they did this on purpose so they didn't have to keep funding new episodes or something.

Nope. The concept and execution are too kino. For the record IMO 10 > 9 > 11 > 12 > 13

it had one good episode and 10 craps 1/10 so there's a glimmer of hope.

why didn't DW just hire a previous who girl people would be fine with? like billie piper

>We wanted to keep writing shitty episodes, honest! But right-wing bogeymens forced us to stop with their... hate!

Seems plausible actually.

he's my favourite too :)

12>9>11>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>13

but Jodie is shit mostly because of the writing so she might be as good as Tennant if that improves.

many doctor who fans are females. remove the fapbait for women and introduce sjw elements to turn off males good job ded show

Hopefully for a while at least. Praying for a reboot.

can't tell if you're joking

3 from classic era. 10 for current era. It would be 9 overall if he lasted longer.

The courtship with tumblr fans killed it.

>Dying with the best Doctor. Series 8 and 9 were kino. It started to die in Capaldi's last series thanks to bill the lesbian and Sarah dollard.

>and introduce sjw elements

yeah, i was right. You should go back to your board.

Or Tom Baker. Troughton would've been GOAT if he wasn't clearly overworked and got more time to refine his performances

Attached: 99113c7e719c457eeea2c58f0aac2ffb.jpg (633x480, 24K)

In ten years they need to bring back a 70 year old Capaldi, pretend series 10 never happened and he's living with a dog in the Scottish countryside and goes off to find and rescue susan in his final arc. And we can pretend none of the Chibnall mess ever happened.

Bill was second best companion after Amy.

Been at the beeb for 2 years. I hope it gets cancelled so I can reboot it 15 years from now. I have an affinity for the show and hope my children can inherit a show I loved also.

You better not fuck it up and actually have a plan (a good plan).

Check the ratings, it was already in terminal decline. DW was a weird type of show that had a craze of popularity, it was never going to last.

>not rating Donna lightyears above every other companion

My female cousins all stopped watching it. They didnt care about the woman. Also, i am on my board, faggot.

The failure of last season was getting people who don't write sci-fi to write a sci-fi show.

At the same time the season had some really interesting ideas that they didn't explore at all.
Like the Rosa Parks episode, a bad guy who can't hurt anyone? That is actually clever because you get an enemy who, to be a threat, has to be smart and tricky instead of just brutal.
The episode set during the Indian partition could have been a straight historical and honestly would have been better for it.
The strained family relationship between Ryan and Graham was an original concept that had some good moments between them and Graham was pretty based a lot of the time.
The over-use of American guest stars was weird and a bit off-putting for some reason to me.

I will watch the next season because there is no way on Earth they haven't got a memo telling them to course correct the fuck out of the show and if they don't after that mess of a season then the show is dead to me until the next time it comes back.

I intend to develop one over the years. I take my time when planning things - maybe too long.

I've been engaging with online forums to look into fan's issues. In terms of tone, I'd likely aim towards number 9 and make it more horror driven, and would like to rekindle some mystery in the Doctor and his universe.

The industry is fairly volatile, so maybe I won't end up with Doctor Who.

How out of touch are you? a lot dropped the series when Capaldi was cast specifically because they couldn't ship themselves with the Doctor anymore, this isn't even a secret or hard to find.

>One story per series
>Between 6-10 eps per series
>Could do two series a year if you do it cheap
>Cliffhanger endings
>More mystery, more suspense, more conspiracy, more sci fi, less politics
>Male doctor
There you go. Make millions but remember to thank me.

Donna was the purest normie reddit cringe.

>My female cousins all stopped watching it.

and my female sisters started watching it. They cared about the woman. Where is your god now?

>The failure of last season was getting people who don't write sci-fi to write a sci-fi show.

this. Writing was a complete disaster except for the Kerblam episode. That was unironically quite good, RusselTDavidesque

and you know that from Yea Forums pasta about tumblr girls and doctor who or is there anything else to support that?

>this. Writing was a complete disaster except for the Kerblam episode. That was unironically quite good, RusselTDavidesque
The worst thing about the writing was that nearly everything else was really well done across the board, the sets, direction, music could have been better(getting rid of Murray Gold was a fucking mistake), acting was pretty much to Doctor Who standards and catering were all top notch.
Just like fucking Game of Thrones last season(except that was on a whole other scale of budget compared to Doctor Who), when the writing is shit NOTHING can save a show.

Pretty much what I'd want. I'd certainly pick out overarching narratives. I envision a series where the Doctor is stranded on earth during one season, but I'm not sure fans would like it.

He would be male, and I'd like to pick out an actor with striking eyes similarly to Daniel Craig. I want his otherworldly/alien elements to be more harsh and less zany like 10, 11 and 13.

>fuck the outdated and stifling family friendly model (although still make it somewhat kid-friendly)
>as few contemporary earth episodes as possible, they are hideously dull
>way, way less monster of the week, because it’s unimaginative and you end up with garbage 90% of the time
>do a pure historical every once in a while (Moffat was a flid for saying they were unworkable)
>Star Trek-esque consistency in terms of alien empires and power structures, it’s been extremely superficial for a long time now
>a Doctor who is not histrionic, a more traditional masculine hero
>actual science fiction plotlines, spirituality instead of melodrama
>embrace ‘60s aesthetic wholeheartedly (minimalist TARDIS interior, silver-blue Daleks, ratchet Cybermen, radiophonic workshop etc).
>emphasis on viscerally good storytelling rather than quips and impenetrable storytelling styles

I agree on all points. I absolutely hate monster of the week storytelling.

>when the writing is shit NOTHING can save a show.

but maybe it will improve in the next season? I mean, they for sure realize what garbage they released.

It always was full of sjw shit
ALWAYS
even old ones

>I envision a series where the Doctor is stranded on earth during one season
Mate, you're speaking my language. Nothing keeps budgets down than being stranded on Earth. Keep the CGI down as much as possible. Rylance will always by my top choice for the Doctor but he's too big and getting older.

Attached: bpanews_eba723fb-f274-46bf-98e9-60387fb0a0c1_embedded236481749.jpg (620x479, 24K)

but he wasn't browsing /pol/ then and no one told him that.

>Star Trek-esque consistency in terms of alien empires and power structures, it’s been extremely superficial for a long time now
No no no no. Politics and political hierarchies in alien races in Doctor Who is boring af. Literally just watch Star Trek if you want that crap. You're spot on with everything else though. Like the 60s aesthetic idea. Could co full 2001 with TARDIS interiors on a bigger budget. Lots of backlit white walls

Why doesn't he continue Torchwood? What's his master plan?

Attached: Russell-T-Davies.png (1159x715, 1.03M)

No it wasn't lol

Show about a time and space traveler, Tell his story chronologically, Human companions from viewers present day earth.

The BBC, and culture in general really is in a very poor place for creative output. In time, people may pull their heads out, and realise people just want good entertainment over topical politics and diversity hiring. We'll see. I suspect we'll see some turnaround on all of this bullshit soon, since people are starting to seriously hemorrhage money and relevancy over it. Maybe by the mid-2020's Doctor Who will be in an alright place again.

Oh but i was :) 2013 /pol/ was comfy, and u bwt ur ass i was watching dr who every week back then. The show didnt go sjw till recently, after i long stopped going on pol when it was ruined by the election.

>These people
>Learning mistakes
Um, sweaty, they didn't make mistakes, you are rong. I imagine most writers will come back and be worse than first time.

Attached: 0fabljzpou4z.jpg (1133x70, 41K)

There was political opinions in the old programme but there was difference of opinion among the TARDIS crew, with the Doctor normally being the patriarchal conservative figure. I remember Jo talking about Women's Lib in Frontier in Space and Pertwee being dismissive.

It's hardly been tried in the actual TV series. Some spinoff media has done interesting things to flesh out Gallifrey and the like though. Consistent worldbuilding helps you to take stories seriously. I don't know why people are opposed to this idea.

The show? Absolutely I haven't followed it or seen anything since in the thick of it was made the doctor
Really miss Matt Smith and David Tennant and especially Tom baker and Christopher Ellicson as the Drs

Then when I saw the female doctor I just completely tuned out didn't care at all it was deader to me than star trek discovery and star wars tlj

What could have been instead the good show runner was fired and replaced by a moron and the infamous BBC diversity bullshit UK dogshit came in and ruined the series.

The writing God aweful during the end of Matt smith's run but my God from what little I saw of the recent stuff.. Wtf

It's all gone now.

Hopefully it will fade away like it did in the 90s and come back again when morons stop ruining classic shows by rebooting them with horribly think veiled sjwoke shit

What am I talking about they only just remade twilight zone...

Attached: Dv9fF3uXcAAVjev.jpg (500x360, 27K)

"SJW" is relative. People were absolutely complaining about RTD's gay agenda back in the day.

Wrong weak men who don't say no ruin it.
See tlj and everything else basedagoys touch.

Cameron has made some fantastic femme fatale movies

I can't imagine show surviving until 2025 with this direction. The problem isn't even Jodie Whittaker, the problem is absolutely, 100% the writing. Chris Chibnall's vision is just "hey, let's take these historical episodes of Doctor Who, and let's make all of them oscar bait" while the original stuff for the show is written by people who don't know how to write Sci-Fi. This is why the original Doctor Who didn't flop, it's because besides historical pieces it had people like Terry Nation. But Chibnall is so far up his own ass with what the best version of Doctor is in his eyes that he ends up ignoring the other 90% of why Doctor Who is fun.

I agree. Its okay for the show to have some progressive messages as long as it's not retarded and can be ignored for a mostly quality scifi adventure, and i never felt like the show was too overt with it

And i still complain because the writing was God aweful
DURRR LOOK I'M GAY DURRR LOOOK I'M A GAY LIZARD DURRR LOOK I'M A LADYYYY F-FUCK MEN
+1
Ppl forget how progressive trek was the first interracial black kiss on American tv
Wew
Fuck niggers especially cute uncle tomboys

>fuck the outdated and stifling family friendly model (although still make it somewhat kid-friendly)
What you want is something that's accessable to kids, while not being patronising. Kids aren't as dumb as people think they are. I would look to some of the better wilderness years content that didn't go overboard with the edge, and things like Alan Moore's Swamp Thing for inspiration.

this

Why is his face just so punchable in this promo?

Attached: Ryan_promotional.jpg (203x203, 18K)

He looks like the Tizer man.

OH NO NO NO

Attached: doctor who imdb graph.png (1886x633, 44K)

>that peak in series 9
Based Heaven Sent.

he is a nigger

The Beeb has in force a policy that a minimum 2/5 people on screen at any time must be female or some kind of minority. I can't ever see that being withdrawn.

We'll see.

I remember before the generals how we used to have hype threads for the upcoming episodes. That was when people still actually cared and didn't just fag about in their subreddity general chatbox.

Those died somewhere around when Smith went away. The show's been dead for a long time, well before the woman doctor.

fpbp

Also these:
Saying it as an ex-fan. I loved the show, started with nuWho, then watched the old one. The show started to die when they introduced Clara Oswald (she's sooo special, sooo important for no reason). Capaldi could be the best Doctor ever, but shitty writing and directing made his era forgettable and boring. The female Doctor thing was the killing blow. I can't even remember any episode of her season.

I might watch the upcoming episodes, but I don't really care anymore.

Attached: 1567505081234.png (470x456, 489K)

I remember the few hours of uncertainty when the rumor of Chibnall and Whitaker leaving bubbled up again last month. I was so excited. I remembered what it was like to have hope for this awful show again.

>make arguably the biggest change in the franchise since regeneration was introduced, everyone's ready for the big shakeup that's gonna make Doctor Who different after 10 years of RTD/Moff wank
>it's all fucking generic [standard doctor who episde] without an ounce of soul or passion put into it.
I fucking hate Chibnall so goddamn much.

Say what you will about RTD's Young-Adult Novel approach to Doctor Who or Moffat's mystery boxes, but those lads at least wanted to tell a story and were passionate about the show.
they were fucking kino writers as well

For me, it's based Bill.
Also don't mind me, I'm just posting the GOAT TARDIS crew

Attached: images[1].jpg (645x475, 31K)

Just get into the spin-off media, if you're hungry for more Doctor Who. There's so much of it, you can subsist until they eventually make the show good again, or not.

fucking remember when they talked about how Rosa Parks was one of the most important people in history, and then to prove it they show that a fucking ROCK was named after her?

Seriously what the FUCK was that nigga Chinballs thinking?

that must be why you are so amazing

he might be gay

Can I watch just this episode if I haven't watched the show since season 6 or 7? I like Capaldi but I don't want to watch the show

Moffat is a hack