Just watched the first episode...

Just watched the first episode. This might be the first time for a long long time that I felt something like "childhood wonder". It's fucking great.

>That 10/10 voice cast
How did they do it? And why is nobody really talking about it?

Attached: DC_Unit_18129_R-copy.jpg (780x471, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WwcvJTVnUgc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's liberal netflix trash

No, you are.
For anyone that doesn't know I am talking about the Dark Crystal Series.

Attached: MV5BNjVjODZmYWEtNjZhNC00MTdkLTgyMGYtNDBiODRmMzJkMDdjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_.jpg (1500x2222, 2.57M)

>How did they do it?
It was the creators' passion project, so they hired production staff of competent, talented people who actually care about their craft in order to get the job done
>And why is nobody really talking about it?
Puppets + non-human characters makes it difficult for a lot of normies to get into (at least initially.) The show's slowly starting to pick up steam, though.

>It was the creators' passion project, so they hired production staff of competent, talented people who actually care about their craft in order to get the job done

Yeah you can really see that very competent people that actually cared worked on this, especially in the puppets and puppetry. It really has has that Jim Henson charm from the Muppets or Fraggels. And the voices of course.

>Puppets + non-human characters makes it difficult for a lot of normies to get into
That's what I was thinking, it has no humans and has no connection to our world really, so it's hard for normies to get into. Like the first 3 minutes is just explaining in what universe you are.

Uh, no.

Attached: c8bdb1a2-7f86-4530-bd29-22b3c61ef454.jpg (720x540, 107K)

Now watch the rest of it.

This. Same thing happened with the original LOTR movies.

Hey

>nobody talking about it
we had multiple threads with bumplimit today alone
even /pol/ is on its 3rd or 4th full thread today
tl;dr its good but you are a faggot

Show or movie first?

Wait, /pol/ is talking about it? Where?

show first, then movie for chronologic order
movie first and then show for quality

ARE THE PUPPETS GONNA FUCK?

my first guess is on /pol/

Another retard that sees left views everywhere. Should probably go get that checked out before it causes you to miss even more kino.

How is the show liberal? Other than Deet having two dads, name one liberal thing about it.

they hold hands alot. pretty lewd

/when/ bros?

How do we get kikeflix to take notice of BoneKino before it goes bankrupt?

Attached: 51M3bVRVU9L.jpg (354x500, 61K)

>tfw been watching this and pili war of dragons

Why are puppets so good?

It’s not even implied that the two dads are in a relationship

only people with skill and talent can operate puppets.

for some reason our brain revolts more against CGI while it recognizes puppets as puppets but at least as real things

I just finished episode 7. The storywriting is so genuinely good and wholesome. I don't think a show has been written this well since the 90s. and FUCK Seladon

Attached: urskek.png (625x661, 780K)

is Episode 7 the puppet show? that was great.

But who's the cutest gelfling? For me, it's Brea.

will watch episode 2 tomorrow, and yeah it gives me that feeling you would get from a good 80s/90s kids movie.

The modern political messaging relating to "migrants" and "refugees" renders it unwatchable trash.

Any answer other than Deet is patently wrong.

Attached: deet.jpg (1920x1281, 234K)

Podlings > Gelflings

>>A-Hmmmmm?
>
>
>
>
>
>>Fuck Aughra hmmm
>>Fuck Thra yeeees
>>Fuck podlings mmm
>>Fuck the General hrrrm
>>but most of all
>
>
>>FUCK GELFLINGS AND FUCK JANNIES HMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Attached: a-hmmm.jpg (396x339, 96K)

the background was established years before you were born

Grow the fuck up

sage

deet is cute. CUTE.

cringe and bluepilled

Attached: deet.jpg (284x177, 6K)

>Hmmmm
>dont make me say the N-word
>hmmmmmmm

This isn't Carnival Row, m8.

movie

I'd love a show but I'm too worried that it'll be messed up.

this one episode had more heart and soul than all eight seasons of game of thrones combined

Same.

Attached: darkcrystal.jpg (440x293, 38K)

Yeah, there's nothing like that here fuck face. Just watch the show you fucking retard or don't. Just don't make up stupid shit.

is bone kino? never read it but like the style of it
for me its Cerebus when will this comic kino make it to the big screen?

Attached: cerebus.jpg (326x410, 37K)

>Just watched the first episode.
>watched

fucking newfags

>And why is nobody really talking about it?
There was a billion fucking threads about it both here and on Yea Forums. Not to mention the few made by some user who's desperate to push a "skeksis are jews" narrative.

Yeah. Someone storytimed it on Yea Forums a few weeks ago and it ended up living up to the hype for me.

you are trash, soemone whould drink your essence

Yeah I see it discussed on Yea Forums, but not seen it mentioned somewhere else really.

>aliens come to a planet they don't know anything about, take power and fuck everything up
What the fuck are you talking about?

>original LOTR movies
Do you mean the animated ones? Because Bakshi's one fucking sucks ass and doesn't deserve attention.

I was introduced to it at the age of eight-fucking-teen and it caught my attention even then

You missed out user,keep watching towards the end to see some scary stuff with the hunter

Attached: Kira.jpg (1280x536, 96K)

movie gives you a good sense of where things are heading towards the end of this series

Attached: Jen.jpg (1280x536, 61K)

This might not be the right take, however the show IS fan fiction made by people that have nothing to do with the original, and are far less talented and intelligent.

The Skeksis are stand-ins for Jews, even if the writers didn’t intend it on a conscious level.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE A FUCKING PREQUEL REEEEEEE

Attached: 1532317721501.jpg (634x450, 16K)

The movie first. It gives the proceedings an extra emotional punch knowing where things are going.

I watched the making of the series and I don't know if we'll get that second season. This was an incredible undertaking but surely they wouldn't just let all those sets and puppets go to waste...right?

It's comfy

This calls for a good old fashioned wing fight.

I enjoy the Dark Crystal a movie a lot. I hate this new series. I watched I think 7 episodes,, might just give up now. It just feels like Game of Thrones type trash with puppets. Too many gelflings with all sorts of political melodrama between them, and at the same time too much action, and all the action is shitty shakey-cam garbage for some reason. But this is what fantasy has become since Lord of the Rings I guess, nothing like the original Dark Crystal could be made today

the sociopathy of the skeksies was also done much better, captured very subtley. These new netflix skeksies seem to joke around and at least somewhat care about eachother and their race.

It looks gay. Literally only reason i won't watch it

Just started on it today. Good shit. They don't pussy out on showing genuinely nasty stuff.

that feel when no velvety soft kira gf

shut up, if this goes nicely, we maybe get the sequel Movie "The Power of The Dark Crystal"

What a shit take.

Attached: shittake.jpg (400x401, 26K)

>too much action

where,the only notable one I can think of is the dual with Rian and his father VS the Hunter?

>sequel

didn't Henson say years back that the story was finished & didn't lend itself towards a straightforward continuation?

Watch the reveal & tell me you don't smell the SOUL oozing off this show m8

youtube.com/watch?v=WwcvJTVnUgc

Attached: Seladon.jpg (1280x576, 75K)

bumping for interest

Both.

Go to the past. Watch the movie in your childhood. Barely remember anything but have a vague idea of the setup.

Now, return to the present, watch the show.

Then, go and rewatch the movie, knowing all the things that transpired to set up the movie. Also, realize that the movie is hardly as "weird" as people keep saying it was, but it was actually pretty simplistic, especially if you already know the end. But be appreciative of all the background lore because you've watched the show.

Yeah, it happens pretty early on too. Rian and Mira Dreamfast. It's played off in the context of fucking, or at least, making out. Which makes the Dreamfast orgy where Rian's dad joins in pretty weird.

>The Skeksis are stand-ins for Jews
********-fag here. For me, the Skeksis really hit close to home. Rather than Jews, they reminded me of our former government; who were just obscenely blatantly corrupt. To the point I was legit worried that the country would go bankrupt by the time I retire.

To be fair, he's right that there's a lot of shakey cam during action sequences. Like, a LOT. Maybe they should have contracted the Thunderbolt Fantasy people for the action sequences. The final battle is particularly bad, especially for a final battle.

That said, Hunter vs Rian/Dad was good.