Secretly the best show of the 2010s

Secretly the best show of the 2010s

Attached: 14-fargo-recap.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5oKz9EAbY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

s1 was kino because of the main character and the psycho killer.

s2 had a better cast and characters across the board but no really outstanding performances, exceot maybe the native american. the black guy was entartaining but felt a bit too gimmicky, like he was copying Jules from Pulp Fiction.

s3 was pretty mediocre compared to the previous two, except for McGregor, David Thewlis and mommy MEW

I love Ed, he's one of my favorite TV characters of all time. I thought I hated Peggy but after a few episodes I thought she was great too

Attached: theed.jpg (492x600, 220K)

Season 4 when? Is it true that loud nigger is in it?

s1 was like a the kino brother of true detective
s2 had bokeem woodbine acting like Dave Chappelle.
s3 was almost weird for the sake of weird.

Attached: 1496441052155.jpg (918x667, 228K)

I think it's set in 1950s, and it's something about Chris Rock running a crime syndicate but also he had to give up his son to a rival mafia as a hostage. I think it will be good, I just hope the story is tighter and more focused than season 3

Correct

Hope they don't try to make him a menacing villain and the law enforcement storyline still holds up

Fargo storylines are always about the contrast between wanting a normal quiet life and an out of control killer/conflict entering the picture. I'm guessing it won't deviate from that. It could be that the gangs start a war and a regular family gets dragged into it.

Season 1 9/10
Season 2 8.5/10
Season 3 7.5/10

That's that on that

I don't see enough talk about this show here.

S1 and S2 were both top notch, season 3 was a bit weaker. I'd say S2 was my favourite. Also, this guy was aesthetic as fuck.

Attached: Fargo-202-e1445373651889-1024x574.jpg (1024x574, 94K)

>s1 9/10
>s2 9.2/10
>s3 8.8/10

most consistent show on TV

Those american snow patrol vests look so fucking comfy

S2 was best season for me, they were all pretty good but 2 was some next-level The Good Shit.
my only question is did Hanzi's abduction by the aliens influence his later psycho flip-out or what?

Attached: bob's_kino.jpg (2000x3000, 648K)

probably. the narration underlines that it is unclear to everyone why Hanzee freaked out, so it stands to reason there was outside influence

The reason for slaughtering everyone is unknown, but I read somewhere that for a man of his Native tribe, cutting your hour hair with scissors is a very big deal and not something you're supposed to do. That's partly why he wants to kill Peggy and Ed. I wish I could remember more about the hair cutting, but I've forgotten most of it.

midwit in-joke garbage for people who liked season two of twin peaks

but OP I wholeheartedly agree
bait has to be a bad post

I really liked the first two seasons. I thought it was interesting how they'd tied it into the film. Not sure if I liked 1 or 2 more.
I didn't get 3 to be honest. If there something to get.

>Not Mad Men
>Not Justified
Even Banshee was better than it

I feel like there was definitely an attempt at trying to put in some sort of hidden meaning or some shit in 3 and I feel like I spent more time trying to crack the secret stuff in between the lines more than just enjoying the season

There was something interesting going on with the policewoman, she felt like she both existed and didn't exist at the same time. Which was shown through automatic doors and sinks not working for her.

Also Ray Wise's mythical character was supposed to be The Wandering Jew, who is an immortal that taunted Jesus Christ during the crucifixion.

On the whole though I thought the instigating murders and the conflicts and all that were a lot less interesting than the previous seasons.

That ain't a secret, boy.

Fuck the aliens. People overthink their presence in the show but the truth is they're a result of the show runner not understanding his own material. Malvo having something vaguely supernatural about him was not an excuse to have obligatory and overt supernatural elements in the story. Go find the interview where he talks about it. He straight up fucking misunderstood Fargo.

Malvo>Varga>Milligan

I love how you can see exactly how Lou is going to choose to raise his daughter during the car ride home with Peggy in the backseat. Molly is able to become a strong woman without needing to resent her role as a woman, nor is her husband emasculated for not wanting to be a police officer. It's actually a very mature take on gender roles that doesn't feel the need to tear down anyone but the people who want to tear down others.

Filtered

Attached: 1516232980885.jpg (380x247, 18K)

A thing I love is that the climax of Molly's arc is Bob Odenkirk talking to her and finally giving her the respect she deserves as a police officer and explaining that his world view has been shattered by recent events. She didn't need to do anything in the final episode, because she didn't need to prove herself against Malvo unlike Lester and Gus.

season 2 of fargo was miraculously good

You're 100% right op

double dubs of truth

i enjoyed all 3 seasons,
i thought the main guy going from incel to chad in s1 was great and i like that actor
the self absorbed bitch in s2 was interesting and the cop and the black guy were based as fuck, this one had my favourite lines of all seasons
i especially loved the line "people died" at the end when the policeman was replying to the bullshit the girl was saying
s3 was also cool, MEW was hot af, the weird ass villain was creepy

any plans on s4? watched it last winter when it was snowing outside and it was the comfies i been

Season 3 really fell apart after the time skip.
>Less interesting henchman is the only one still around.
>No more based Sy
>Varga suddenly incompetent
>MEW and Wrench are now Seal Team 6 operatives
>Emmit's death felt really forced
>Chief has no redeeming qualities, just a one-dimensional cunt

Yeah, Danson's beard is aesthetic as fuck, but I still prefer Lou's red state trooper uniform to his

Attached: 151019-fallon-wilson-tease_fskrmk.jpg (1566x880, 156K)

Season 3 is a pleb filter and you're all plebians.

It's actually one of my favourite things about the show. It feels like the writers legit studied and thought about this stuff.
An example of that is when Lou and Mike are talking and Mike straight up asks Lou if he thinks capitalism is the problem, to which Lou replies that it's not, greed is. Another one is with Reagan not knowing how to answer Lou's question, the show isn't saying politicians like Reagan (and Trump, whom he's obviously supposed to represent) are evil, but that they simply don't know how to fix the problems they identify with society.
It makes it so that even if you disagree with the show's messages, you can still at least respect the writers for not just blindly spouting propaganda.

Compare the chiefs in seasons 1 and 3 and the latter looks way more contrived.

Animal Kingdom with Ellen Barkin is actually the best show. Just wrapped season 4. It's available on streamers and highly recommend you watch it.

Season 2 came out late 2015 and was shot long before that. I don't think Trump influenced the script at all.

Eh, maybe MAGA was already a thing.
Still, the point stands that the show's almost refusal to engage in extremism is refreshing

The sequence with the throat singing while the gay dad from True Detective 3: Fortunate Son raced down the stairs to his impending head-flattening was kino.

I hope they do a callback to this when the show ends. Probably better that they don't though

Attached: fargo-1.jpg (612x380, 159K)

Another thing to note is that the writer clearly loves philosophy, but when Ed and Betsy are confronted with absurdism and Albert Camus they basically say "he sounds like a fucking idiot, life feels plenty meaningful to me"

Season one was kino
Season two was trash
Season three was mediocre

True, that uniform is pretty slick. The whole of season 2 just makes me sad that Minnesota has been lost to Somalians. Mid 20th century USA was peak human civilization.

season two was so comfy and he was peak comfy protagonist.

I love that moment where Ed and Peggy go on the run and they are both ranting at the same time about different things and there is a moment where Peggy says
>... We're actualized!
And they both start laughing, cuing the title card
Season 2 was such kino

>Hanzi's abduction
When does this happen??

what show?

Fargo S2.

fargo, filename, soz

S3 was absolute kino. Varga was literally the best villain

S3 > S1 > S2

Well, Betsy reacts like that, Ed just seems confused by it.
It's actually a great way to show that Lou and Betsy have what Ed wishes he had with Peggy. What i love is that the show doesn't paint Ed's "get married, start a family, own a business" life plan as bad, it's more that he's wrong in trying to force Peggy to accept that plan when that's not what she wants.
It's why his final realization is that, despite loving Peggy, they just aren't right for each other, they want different things out of life.

put your phone down kid

youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5oKz9EAbY