Set phasers to WOKE

>set phasers to WOKE

Attached: adminral gender studies.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

The only way to retcon her light speed ramming to not make it possible in the future is to put it in the lore that Holdo is the greatest pilot in history and the only character in all of Star Wars who could pull off the timing necessary. (She was also probably force sensitive but never received proper force training)

Attached: E4880_Star_Wars_The_Black_Series_Vice_Admiral_Holdo_Figure_4_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 215K)

It doesn't exactly take much skill to aim your ship at enemy and punch lightspeed

I know this new shit is now for kids, but
>We are the spark that will light the fire
How can children even get the metaphor in that hideous line?

Just claim that it's some secret force technique, that no real Jedi would ever do because it's a guaranteed suicide maneuver.

Or you can stop caring about a minor scene lol

>Don't question authority
umm...

Attached: 1547219480580.jpg (1000x562, 543K)

We are the spark that will light the fire that will ignite the hopes in the hearts of the people to burn down the First Order

rian johnson is from twitter is why, specifically a thing called 'weird twitter' which is where a bunch of fyad (almost channish humor) types went to broaden their stuff's appeal i.e. to sell out their scene to normalfags and lots of women hopped in and made the tone very nysjw. this is what molded him and why he talks like christine blasey ford

What the fuck were they thinking with this character...

in the thousands of years hyperdrives have existed, it was this powerful woman who discovered their destructive potential when aimed at an enemy.
Stay mad, bigots

>a two hour slow speed chase

nearly as bad as Han Solo hanging out with Chewbacca for 40 years but never using his bowcaster

The First Order is def the worst part of nu-Wars. Most lazy retcon of Jedi just because we still need an Empire vs. Rebellion conflict.

>But you're going to destroy space battle mechanics!!!!!

Attached: 16w5y6uetx701.jpg (701x348, 18K)

>We are the spark that will light the fire that will hire an assassin hunter that hires another assassin that hires a robot that buys some bugs that sneak into the room and stings the First Order!

Why didn't she just reveal her plan?
>lmao just follow my orders I don't need to explain SHIT I mean what are you gonna do, try a mutiny?
How did a person like that end up in a high enough position to command? I mean she's second in line to Leia.

>is from twitter
Dont you realize how pathetic this kind of website tribalism is? They're just fucking websites...

>set phasers to

>we're going to go get reinforcements from the fucking outer rim
>a section of the galaxy known for having jack shit

you didn't really understand what i said. i didn't say he's bad because being from there is bad. i said being from there made him the way he is. the way he is, if you like it or not, is a result of him being from there. if someone was interested in understanding how he got to be how he is, i am giving them a (the) lead.

>the entirety of the galactic republic army consists of six cruisers, some x wings and some bombers

The Resistance was like 100 people tops anyway, not alot to chose from.
Worst part is that in an organization with like 3 ships Poe had never met her before

If you kill your enemies they win.
Also, with that command structure I am surprised they even had that many. Any sane person would have fled/ tried to kill his way out.

>we sent a distress call
>nobody answered
What was the point of this? telling that the resistance are a bunch of losers and everyone in the galaxy are cowards? Rian Johnson is a moron that doesn't understand the difference between an underdog and a complete loser.

Attached: Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.iNTERNAL.720p.BluRay.x264-SPRiNTER.mkv_snapshot_00.35.38_[2018.03.13_16 (529x511, 31K)

I honestly believe he made the film bad on purpose

Why does this movie feature so many women crashing vehicles into things? That's sexist.

>Also, with that command structure I am surprised they even had that many. Any sane person would have fled/ tried to kill his way out.
That explains why they send Rose Tico to tazer anyone who wanted to escaped that doomed ship. The crazy part is that we are supposed to rrot for captain dildo and tico who are literal fascists.

Everyone in the galaxy was tired of their shit.

>we need to restore the republic
>never got to see the republic
>nobody has mentioned anything good about the republic or that has happened in the 30 year gap between films

They knew it was Holdo's ship

I really like the part how they director used the subtle Nazi symbolism such as big red and black banners and a huge militaristic rally in order to alleviate any doubt if the First Order was bad or not. Top notch filmmaking imo

>the first order is bad because it's bad

Literally what are their motivations? They want to end the republic and crush the rebels why?

Democracy = good, despite the fact it's obviously inferior in every way to the system the Empire uses.

I really enjoyed that actress along with many others. As a middle aged trans woman myself I was glad to see someone on the screen that I could relate to.

It's worse, they have no problem destroying entire systems just for the keks. Kylo Ren is the definition of a villain that is bad because he's bad. he's lietarlly dark side for zero reasons. he killed his dad just like that, then we learn it's Luke that tried to kill him. What does it have to do with Han???? How the fuck is he pulled to the light side??? It's like it's written by a retard.

because they are insecure white incels who need to have sex, duh

Me and some of my friends (yes, believe it) went to see The Last Jedi in the theater and when Oscar Gonazales or whatever his name is did that prank call to a star destroyer along with a yo mama joke, I literally did a double take like that pigeon from Moonraker.
Like, what the fuck are we watching lads?

The First Order is such a threat that people on Canto Bight are partying and living life normally

who the fuck are they a threat to?

Have sex

>I'm bringing it back

Admiral clittyblaster

Well it is star wars so there's no point in not having a war is there? What would you have instead, genius?

an antagonist that actually makes sense

Something more specific, Sherlock.

Wait I thought the First Order were the rebels?
The empire fell in Episode VI, the first order is trying to regain power.
How are the enemies of the First Order still "the rebels"?

im convinced holdo was created to fill in what was suppose to be Leia but she was unable to or it wasnt satisfactory. She is shoe horned, and theres too much variance in the crew's explanation of her

because hillary lost the election

Yeah and why does the FO has to buy weapons to Canto Bight??? Don't they control the galaxy? Why would they depend on a private party to build weapons for them.

it makes no sense chief

There's a couple of options. Planets that think the new republic is shit and want a return to the empire would have been good.

Her strategy was the same one as Al Qaeda used on 911

The weird thing is, Poe has already exhibited in the very same movie he's 100% okay with sacrifices and suicide missions.
She chastises him for the dangerous bombing run where Rose's sister died to destroy an enemy ship.
So Holdo knows for a fact Poe is actually cool with self-sacrifice for the greater good.
Literally all she had to say was "I'm going to sacrifice myself in order to save everyone else on the ship".
Then Poe would say "Great idea, in fact you're such an important tactical asset I'll volunteer to take your place. Actually why don't we just leave a single droid on the ship to press the button to engage hyper-drive? You know many disposable droid are made for use as pilots, surely we can use one to press a button and launch the ship at the enemy right?"

Attached: 1560579401286.jpg (1300x651, 65K)

That's even worse than not explaining anything and calling people who point it out misogynists.

well Al Qaeda is an underdog, so by Star Wars rule they are good by default

and forego a tumblerite 9/11ing the patriarchy?
removing the central theme and message of rians masterwork?
i think not.

>The sacred basic continuity!!

There have been extended reshoots but that managed to keep secret. They admitted the original Holdo was completely different and Luke even had a scen with her, which is very strange. She takes both Leia and Ackabr's role. They created her to cater to the old decrepit lesbian audience, because thta's the future of Star Wars.

Imagine fucking up space combat in SW so badly just so you can add a single anime shot.

>WTF, you can't just question your female superior! She has more experience and expertise than you so she's obviously right.

Attached: 1537620266804.jpg (667x1000, 107K)

What's weird is you don't see Holdo before the 'chain of command' scene on the bridge where she replaces Leia. You'd think they show Poe and Holdo butting heads before then, to show the power dynamic shift... or to even set up the fucking character in the first place.

>fucking up space combat
>in SW
I'll take oxymorons for 200, Alex

>died on the nu-deathstar
>comes back with no explanation
>dies on the second nu-deathstar

>try to make epic arch-nemesis that will never stop coming for the heroes
>ends up just looking like an incompetent jobber

wait does she have a special gun made from that ultra rare blaster proof material? wtf

That's too much of a win/win scenario. It needs to be dumb men get 'shown how it's done' by hyper competent, flat arced feminist self inserts.

We are the spark that will kindle the coals to make a fire that will ignite hope that will light the way to burn the first order down

>gets taken prisoner by a janitor
>falls through some cracks when the ship crashes

this is what happens when you give a captain rank to a woman

A reminder that Phasma was a male character til KK glanced at the concept art and told JJ to make it a female. They had already written the character as an pushover which is why she's to only incompetent female character in the film.

Attached: Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Concept-Art-Dermot-Power-Captain-Phasma-01.jpg (707x1000, 309K)

lol
that's funny because phasers are from Star Trek, not Star Wars

Attached: 1565268166139.png (713x611, 26K)

Phasma was an early concept for Kylo ren rejected by JJ. Then KK saw the artwork and decided to make it female and all powerful. How thye fuck did a woman become in charge of the stormtroopers who are all male?? Besides it would have been better if Kylo was like that rather than a pale imitation of Vader

>armor is blaster bolt proof
>lowers the Starkiller shields because a blaster gets aimed at her

The Kylo armor doesn't look too bad, considering the other options they were floating...

Attached: BadRebootProductions.png (540x603, 394K)

The problem is that he's just a Vader knock off. This movies is supposed to be a sequel, not a reboot for millenial women

Attached: JJs_imagination.jpg (640x414, 25K)

Attached: vlcsnap-00055.png (1280x536, 691K)

>minor scene
>retcons the entire series

Nice shot, Rian.

>darth vader but not darth vader and much more penal

>let's introduce blaster-proof armor into the series

this is stupid in and of itself

user, how come that pallet crops design F out?

Attached: Missed opportunity.jpg (380x350, 16K)

Attached: 1567818330784s.jpg (250x244, 9K)

Darth Helmet is unironically more original than 90% of the Sequel Trilogy design work

She has the neck of a giraffe who just swallowed a flagpole.

Attached: admiral gender studies w michelle wolf.jpg (666x360, 32K)

Yeah yeah, it's fantasy space combat. The point is, introducing Hyperspace ramming nullifies any space combat scene in future films and even retroactively. Basically, if it's not addressed or used in the space battle in Ep9, the handful of people in the theaters will be scratching their heads.

Attached: Chao Ren.jpg (302x412, 17K)

>Ummm sweetie

Attached: 1545830035053.png (340x743, 286K)

I hope Episode 9 ends with the rebuilt CIS Army jumping in out of nowhere killing everyone

My only conclusion is that : all her scenes were for Leia but Carrie was too “sick” to do all of the acting so they just replaced her with another old lady

A CIS LORD?

Thats a some good shit user

Attached: 1562903002704.gif (500x500, 220K)

There is a prevailing theory that he made the film terrible out of spite. He was outraged that he was chosen for the middle film. He had no choice in the general direction (how it started) or the finale.
Imagine you are Rian, stuck directing the middle movie that really only bridges together the first and last. How could you possibly make your mark on the franchise? The only way possible is to change it AS MUCH AS YOU CAN
>snoke?
I kill him
>luke?
I kill him
>the resistance?
I kill 'em
>rey's parents
I ignore 'em

And just like that, he did it. It was a shitty thing to do, but if he had really done his best and made even a mediocre movie, who would give a shit? Would we even be talking about it right now? How can we fault him for that.

Cold War
Or make first order a small terrorist organization (so an inversion of rebels vs empire)

The Corellia conflict from the Legacy of the Force book series was pretty cool. I'm saying that the movies should directly adapt it, it's just an example of a cool conflict that isn't just reskinned empire vs reskinned rebels. OR they could deliberately do that, but switch roles (the rebels end up as the not-empire)

Could have been interesting if you didn’t know Phasma was a a female (girl) until she takes her helmet off .

Roger Roger

>how can we fault a grown man for acting like a spoilt child?

You know he's an asshole but when I saw Looper I never thought he was a untalented asshole.
It could just be one big temper tantrum.
Perhaps KK was droning on about diversity so he decided to put it in but in the most annoying way possible.

If Holdo is an example of the Republic's military, then literally both sides are bad. I'm not being facetious.

Nobody forced him to direct this movie, he knew it was the middle chapter. The reality is much more mundane, Rian is a shit director and an absolute joke of a writer. Watch his previous movies, they all suck, his Breaking Bad episodes suck. The guy is a fucking fraud, he got rejected from film school a dozen times until he wrote a letter to beg them. They accepted him out of pity. the guy is an embarrassment and a fucking anomaly.

I know plenty of SJWs who unironically love her

Maybe I'm a brainlet but I liked Looper.

Let's say Looper wasn't terrible but still have terrible problems that could have been fixed like hiring a guy who looks like bruce willis instead of JGL with a fake nose. The ending sucked. But Brick is absolute trash as well as his BB episodes. There's a reason why he only made 3 films and 2 BB episodes to his credit.

I still do not understand at all why you would buy one of the biggest franchises ever, revive it for a new trilogy and decide to play musical chairs with the director's seat.
What possible reasoning would there be behind having a new director for each film, but also to no have a unified skeleton for what the trilogy is going to be?
This is like one of those highschool drama exercises where each person has to add to the story and it ends up terrible.
You can surely make a good trilogy with different directors, but you can't have them all do their own things with zero accountability and zero collaboration.
Seriously, who signed off on this plan?

Attached: 1561593660595.png (202x206, 46K)

HP had different directors and it was fine. They just needed a solid outline.

Because the retard called KAthleen kennedy wanted to emulate the OT in every way without understanding what actually went on. george wanted to make the trilogy but after ANH he started building Lucasfilm and didn't have time to direct ESB, that's why he hured Kirshner, he asked him to shoot ROTJ but he refused so he got a third director. However he wrote the whole story before even shooting ANH, and executive produced ESB and ROTJ. It was his movies.
KK thinks the OT is just a frankenstein experiment that worked so she did the same, execpet that she hire terribel ahcks to both direct and write stories that don't make any sense.

It's a good lesson in the way the world works. The answer is incompetence. Rarely will you find competent people. If you do, lean as much as you can from them.

>HP
you mean Harry Potter?
An adaptation of a well known book series?
Not really the same now is it.
And there was a huge tonal shift between 2 and 3, but the remaining films just latched onto that new vision and committed to it.
I really can't see a problem with changing directors for sequels, but giving them all this kind of creative control without accountability seems like it should be obviously a bad idea.

I still don't understand how a character like Holdo and her homeworld could exist in the Star Wars universe. The whole thing is like a self-insert for a YA girl fantasy book.

Attached: Holdo's bio and homeworld.jpg (1500x600, 872K)

I think that was planned but then scrapped and recycled for that raider girl in solo

Is this what you learned from The Last Jedi Yea Forums?

Attached: 20171222_170110.png (584x983, 306K)

I honestly think that kennedy didn't have a plan and nor did Disney,

im pretty sure that Disney thought that because it is star wars they could just stand back and let the money roll in without realizing that star wars takes work to be profitable.
and with kennedy im pretty sure she is just incompetent, before being head of lucas films she was described as a secretary who was nice to have around at meetings, never to actually do producing. she probably didn't have a plan for the same reason as Disney but spent far to much time doing brand deals and overstepping her creative boundary's and adding politics and terrible plot points while removing good ones.

to many excutives and writers are doing a sloppy job and paying attention to the wrong areas and just expecting star wars to be profitable thinking that its an unstoppable money making machine because lucas ran it so well without realizing that even he fucked up many times.

I learned that the people making the movies and the people working in the media want to be commanded and live in an extremely authoritarian society. If they see Holdo's character as just and good.

Star Wars became modern day mythology, that's why it's so beloved by many people.
Them bringing back the characters and fucking with them. (Making Han a bad father, making Luke a failure of a teacher who is willing to murder his nephew) messes with the core characters and themes of Star Wars.
It's Disney's own fault, they should never have hired Kathleen, or managed her more, she basically inherited a job for no reason. Someone being on the sidelines for 30 years shouldn't be given the go ahead to rule everything, there's a reason she was on the sidelines.
If George actually advocated to put her in, I think he was deliberately sabotaging it.
It's easy if they never fucked with the older characters, they could have just said to the fans 'We know this trilogy sucked, we're going to go back and make another trilogy, set in a new time, with new writers and directors, give us a few years to make a plan.'

Are you fucking stupid? There are phasers in Star Wars

>the 'resistance' are calling us again...
>the paramilitary unofficial branch of the republic that acts as state-sponsored terrorists because the dipshits in charge were adamant that having an army would only lead to more war?
>I think they're more guerrilla fighters, but yeah
>if the call is about anything other than establishing an actual republic army for defence then ignore them
>no, they're being hunted down by the first order
>oh... good

I saw a rumor video that said Lucas gets paid by Disney for anything they use from originals and prequels. So Johnson's task was to 'Kill the past' so that ep9 will have only original stuff.
But he was so successful at this that he almost killed the franchise itself, so Disney has to make TFA 2.0 Extra TryHard edition to save it.

they should just decanonise the nu trilogy (they never will) and star again
and as you said they need new writers and directors. im pretty sure a hobo could do better than the current feminist journalists and bad robot morons they currently hire since last night in a drunk stooper I came up with a better story for star wars than the current shit.

if sober me likes a star wars drunk me wrote then Disney sure as hell has hired the worst writers since suicide squad... oh wait

what this guy says I'd have it escalate into a more proper war at the end of the second film, but until then it's the natural continuation of the ot and a wasted chance

I'd still berry it in Laura Dern

I'm staarting to like her

Better to retcon this entire turd of a movie out of existence and just pretend none of ever happened. Even if episode 9 somehow turns out to be amazing it will still suffer from having to be associated with this film .

This woman has to be one of the worst self inserts in recent cinema, beating even Hermoine

>Imagine not wanting the first order to win.

I know there's no real shortage of conflation with the Third Reich, but is it so absurd to reason that one force that dominates the entire galaxy in necessary to maintain law and order is fascistic

They can hardly be called Nazis, since their troopers are filled with recruitments of all races - as evidenced by Finn - and they can hardly be called misogynists, since the female leader of the troopers Phasma negates this

Just more lazy posturing from progressives based on appearance alone (which is evidence of how analytic they really are)

Nice ass BTW

Nothing from corporate is WOKE, just exploitive.

NuWars is fucking horrid mind-numbing garbage.

Best way to make it work is just retcon that the ship's shields were down. Holdo's plan was to just smash the ship against the shields and make a big mess and distract the First Order, but Del Taco actually was a somewhat good guy and took the shields down before leaving the ship with his payment.

Low-IQ post.

Wait, if she's from Gatalenta, then either Holdo being in charge is a fucking retarded choice that other Resistance members should have gone 'fuck no' to, or, she was such a failure of a Gatalentian that people should be questioning how the fuck a woman from the planet of the Hippy Peace Tree Huggers could become so polar opposite and whether somebody born and raised on the planet of serenity could turn out the way she did the position of being in charge was also a good idea.... the alternative is that Rian Johnson didn't read the script after he wrote it, didn't keep to the script he wrote, forgot what he wrote or the person who wrote the fluff for Gatalenta didn't read what he wrote or Rian didn't read what was written about it... or the actor was so bad she didn't do any of that.

I mean if you could go 'Well, Leia was too ill and Holdo was her only senior advisor left, who had always been there to calm and mediate alternative options to force and threats when diplomancy could work and due to the other senior advisors of Leia dying, it reverted to her to be de facto leader and she tried her best to be a military leader but due to it outright contradicting her cultural upbringing and her people's practices, lead to the deaths of most of the resistance which lead her ultimately to seek atonement through suicide'. That would be actually good. But lmao.

Attached: slut.png (1898x1032, 1.52M)

>Now for kids

What kid wants to watch this trash? Nothing happens in these movies. I’m happy I grew up with the prequels. At least there were wars, good duels, great characters, designs and planets.

What? Hermoine was based on a character in a book, user. Hermoine wasn't a self-insert for JKR.

>in the new James Bond movie, we learn that the Bond character has always had X-ray vision but it just never came up in the past

This is one of my favourite images to shitpost with and I have no idea where it is from

Attached: canonfags.jpg (990x872, 158K)

>minor scene
..breaks the whole fucking universe, typical female thinking.
It´s true satan, women really ARE yours.
They ruin everything.

Attached: 1559639450140.jpg (851x960, 87K)

Their plan was to get something out so they could advertise Star Wars world at their theme park. They just put out any shit to market that.

So Holdo is what happens when a manic pixie dream girl ages into an old woman

>yfw an user on a Bhutan Etch-a-sketch art BBS can come up with a better plot point than a design-by-committee for a billion dollar franchise

Attached: 1565360468544.png (400x397, 21K)

Reminder that their future movies are being directed by the guy who ruined Star Wars & the guys who ruined Game of Thrones.

holy shit they even have Mary Sue planets.

>minor scene
It completely invalidates space battles, both past and present.
Try harder.

Real question, if all it takes is one ship to go Lightspeed to blow up an entire enemy fleet, why wouldn't you just make a fleet of designated suicide rammers? Why even have space battles when you can just fuck every enemy ship with one of yours doing the zooms?

>miyu
>slut
Delete this

>make a movie that is unremarkable but keeps bridges open with Disney
>OR
>say fuck it, burn everything to the ground so people remember you and have Disney make sure you don't touch Star Wars again
Tough choice.

Nigga I'm 12 steps ahead I've stopped caring about star wars

The funniest thing about this is that they wanted Holdo to be this rebellious, "not like other girls on my planet" character, but her planet was so perfect that they couldn't do that without giving Holdo perceived negative traits, like having her be an idiot (like in Futurama when Farnsworth ends up on Da Vinci's home planet), or having her be violent in contrast to all the peace lovers. Of course they couldn't do that, so the only thing they could come up with is that she wears more color than the other people on her planet and is just generally quirky.

The wrong sister died.

Attached: 189EEA2C-BE49-4361-9797-F9989F3B6273.png (630x906, 2.18M)

>The funniest thing about this is that they wanted Holdo to be this rebellious, "not like other girls on my planet" character, but her planet was so perfect that they couldn't do that without giving Holdo perceived negative traits
That's the weird thing about the character. If she rebelled against her own planet then it means she would've joined the First Order, right?

Far left looks like my nigga Grahf.

Attached: 80572C09-AB12-4286-8D2A-4A02919C2EEF.png (250x194, 37K)

This. 1000%.

The First Order is an embarrassingly weak fabrication of the original Empire. There is no real reason for it to exist other than the fact that JJ Abrams hasn’t conceived a single original idea in his whole life.

Attached: 642939E3-0559-4520-8BCB-C0786DBC9523.jpg (1172x1277, 179K)

But that way we don't get to play the tired "good guys are the underdogs" trope.

Attached: 1521424591993.jpg (228x221, 11K)

because CAPITALISM BAD

WEAPONS BAD

Attached: star wars black.jpg (960x2740, 869K)

Bottom right: literally just Darth Vader
The rest: penis heads

>we wont win this war by fighting what we hate
>but protecting what we love

ooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Say it...

Attached: 71CF7D48-ED46-481F-A7C3-ECE77414DCA8.jpg (320x320, 31K)

>My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!
Good villain. But even after all these years, the travesty that was disc 2 still puts my balls in a salad shooter whenever I think about it.

This is the mind of a man that licks Tyrone’s cum from his ex wife’s snatch.

these people are babies

They pulled that in Solo and it was gratuitous as all hell. Doesn't help that they picked the most kid looking woman possible.

I can't wait for the purge to begin. Wipe every last one of those fuckers out

APOLOGIZE

Attached: george lucas2.jpg (1200x1500, 235K)

>white white guy at the bottom
this fills me with so much fucking rage I cant even begin

I'm sorry

Attached: image_search_1555951135100.gif (500x281, 481K)

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 95K)

please george....... we didnt know..............

holy fucking shit
how do these people function
IM SO SORRY

Attached: 1567563348109.png (1198x668, 600K)

This entire plot line was so fucking faggot nigger gay I literally wanted to strangle Rian.

Holdo doesn’t tell anyone anything not even Leia what the plan is. She was willing to kill everyone for no reason because the story demanded there be a shallow conflict. Even if the mole theory (which makes no sense) was true who the fuck was Poe or anyone gonna tell? And even if there was a snitch what would have changed? The resistance only had one destination so the FO would have gotten to them regardless. What was the point of the resistance trying to out pace the FO? The FO had infinite fuel and the resistance was running out. The cards were literally in the FO’s hands the whole movie.

God fucking damn it this movie is fucking garbage fuck!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: F777C7E4-388C-401A-8B77-787543F57622.jpg (500x500, 61K)

>disability rep
What? Luke had one arm. They got all of that shit anyway already. The EU had all that shit. NuWars all had that too. Oh wait, sorry, not villains. Shit. Mentally Ill is the only one not covered. Which is doubly odd as the only way a good mentally ill character can be shown is by outright saying they are. Because as Emi_the_Strange says, people can go out to work and do stuff, how do you show they're mentally ill without just telling people?

>I can't even
You're just as bad, fag.

This guy.

>Hermoine wasn't a self-insert for JKR.
You're aware she herself admitted that Hermione is an idealized version of herself as a child, right?

Attached: 1486537744504.jpg (210x240, 11K)

>Would LOVE to see arab,
Soooooo Tusken Raiders in space? THAT might actually be cool.
'We're coming out of hyperspace now ... WHAT THE HELL?' A junker ship swipes in suddenly from starboard, a horde of space-helmeted Tusken Raiders taking pot-shots at the just-emerged ship before it has a chance to engage deflectors. Over the comms, all that could be heard is 'GROOOONK HOOT HOOT HOOT!'

>as a child
>idealised
Not a self insert then.

Holy fucking shit man. Galactic empire falls and you want to tell me that there is no giant at least 50 sides civil war that lasts for decades? Well i guess we need to pretend that nothing really changed right?

Attached: 1567819991625.png (625x626, 74K)

If we're going to let JK retroactively dictate what is canon via woke twitter takes, apparently half of the HP ensemble were "secretly" gay - not that it was outlined canonically via books but because she said so after too many glasses of wine at her computer on social media

Bomango. Ask Yea Forums about it.

We are the phosphorous that lights the spark that kindles the flame that combusts the braaap that ignites the coals in the hibachi on the back patio of the Jedi Academy.

Of hope.

>Tourette’s
Not gonna lie, having a stormtrooper randomly screaming about niggers and cocks while they all stand in formation would be pretty kino.

>proper force training
No one needs training anymore, incel

They should‘ve done it so that it wasn‘t traditional lightspeed flight because gravity wells prohibit that, but rather she jetisoned the lightspeed fuel behind her ship and ignited it, propelling her ship at ludicrous speed into the boomerang.

Harry Potter was based on an already established story

She just bypassed the established canon you bigots

I want to lick her ass

Fuck off nerd

Based

>idealised
Self-inserts hardly carry the author's flaws, they're all about wish fulfilment.

She is like a CO during ww1

>pretending you ever cared enough about SW to be mad at this
>calling blasters phasers

considering JJs influence on both ST and SW, it's a valid cross point

Internal consistency is still a thing even in a fictional world otherwise youre a bad storyteller

Snoke needed Leia alive but injured to coax Luke out of hiding.

So you're saying Snoke knew Leia would be able to force pull herself back to the ship in the vacuum of space?

I-im... Im so sorry George

Owned that poltard

You realize he sold to Disney to spite us right? I hope those rlm reviews were worth it

Why are you replying to yourself?

pretty sure nobody wants to just commit suicide

low IQ theory

Stop watching this shit, you stupid fucks.

Well he could've seen how Empire was the middle film yet is the best one in the OT, and maybe could've made a good movie instead of being a petulant child?

He's pretty based. People shit on him for the prequels so he sold it to the most soulless company that has ever existed just to spite the shitposters

So how many more disasters until they decide to actually start making new "Legends" EU material again?

They can just have droids pilot the ships, you know.

They can also just come up with a bunch of different reasons if they want, literally endless explanations, wanna know why? The writer can do ANYTHING.

The son of a bitch at least made interesting movies even if they weren't well directed movies.

>The writer can do ANYTHING.
And destroy any semblance of internal consistency in the process, yes.

Why not just let it not bother you?

Why just turn your brain off instead of asking for multimillion dollar productions to be held to higher standards?

You don't understand. Wearing the wrong colors is literally the worst thing you can do in women world.

Rebellion here means being a feminist, which means subverting the natural culture, wear ugly clothes and try to blackmail the current power structure into giving you jobs you don't really qualify for.

Attached: 1513882666808.jpg (1176x1210, 341K)

Can't throw that on Rowling. Book Hermione is an insufferable cunt that's hard to get along with. Besides, you know how shit women are that don't have female friends.

Movie Hermione received all of Ron's cool things in favor of grrl power.

Attached: star wars white.jpg (1440x1273, 721K)

fuck rlm
honestly
theyre brainlets for not getting the prequels

>that's hard to get along with.
Only because she is too perfect and makes everyone around her feel inferior.

>Movie Hermione received all of Ron's cool things in favor of grrl power.
Twice, maybe three times. Ron already didn't get many "cool thing" in the books. Sure the movies turned it up to 11, but don't pretend it wasn't already at 9.5.

like legit 95% of these articles are written by woke faggots that desperately hope the laymen will quaff their shit without question as though it's gospel

the fact trump got elected alone is enough to cause these tard's delusions of grandeur to both go into existential crisis and otherdrive at the same time

Learned nothing I see.

Attached: B83E8044-EC23-4F1D-BF61-F155B5245359.png (1000x800, 946K)

>I still do not understand at all why you would buy one of the biggest franchises ever, revive it for a new trilogy and decide to play musical chairs with the director's seat.
>What possible reasoning would there be behind having a new director for each film, but also to no have a unified skeleton for what the trilogy is going to be?
No memes, it seems like KK was more concerned with getting a bunch of woke stuff in than about making a coherent product.

I don't think the whole "hyperspace attack" thing would matter as much if it was the old EU.

You had crazy shit all the time. And somehow, they made it all fit together.

The problem is that Disney and new Lucasfilm doesn't really seem to give two shits about making their new EU actually work together or matter all that much. Everything just sort of exists to prop up the films rather than add on to them or expand the universe.

Why is it always whites hating on white men?

If the world is too white and male why doesn't he kill himself to remove more whiteness?

George, I was wrong. I'm sorry for everything I said. I want you to come back, but I know it's too late for that.

The only people they're sanctioned to hate.

I only knew about this faggot from Wolf's anger at Game of Thrones. He seems like an insufferable faggot. Weird that I found someone more insufferable than a furry, at least Wolf could make me laugh

I second this motion.

>minor scene
that scene basically made every spaceship battle in the OT useless because now the rebellion can just make huge hollow capital ships and just ram it to any first order ship

or you can stop caring about star wars

>please include more people with mental problems
Why though

Stop caring, dude. Just mindlessly consume our bland yet flashy cashgrab.

I don't care about star wars, therefore I don't consume star wars. what was your point?

>minor scene
>is supposed to be the visual climax

>what was your point?
My point is that you shouldn't feed people saying to "just don't care" about anything messily made, with no other, real defence. They're essentially preaching for a "just turn your brain off" mentality and no wisdom will come from an exchange with them.

If a product is if inferior quality generally people tend to signal tha market hype both refusing to buy but also letting others know. This is even more true when the product comes from a line of previously quality products.

Sometimes I really sit down and think about this. Does Rian Johnson understand what he's done?

If you asked me in 2015, I'd have said Star Wars is immortal. I know people who have been fans for 30 years who have lost interest completely. This is absolutely insane. Every time one watches or discusses the movie, there are new reasons to hate. Somehow he killed Star Wars. Baffling.

I haven't seen this movie in forever. I remember they couldn't call anyone, but why could they make a call to Maz?

Disney killed Star Wars. Rian Johnson was just the tool Mousekowitz used.

And who was holding the camera to film Maz in that video call?

Don't think so highly of yourself, Ryan. You're not that important.

What makes TLJ such a wake-up call and not a mere hiccup is everything that came before. Disney's management of Star Wars has been questioned for a while. TLJ TH is merely the straw that broke the camel's back.

Disney should use him as a hired franchise assassin, send him out to direct competitors' movies

>women still do astrology in the distant interstellar future

Im afraid Sony beat them to it. Yidsney got played hard by based japs.

>implying he'll keep getting hired after producing trash after trash

It takes place in the past.

He might not be a terrible director, but he wants auteur status so.bad he can taste it. He wants to write and direct his own scripts, and I invite you to revisit Looper without your brain in neutral. It's fucktarded in multiple directions at the same time. He is garbage with sci-fi. Anyone who says the man who wrote the replies in pic-related has any business writing sci-fi, even sci-fi as soft as Star Wars, needs to have their head examined. To suggest this guy did any of this on purpose is giving him way too much credit.

Attached: 1516473691503.jpg (1024x713, 161K)

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see your own scripts be brought to life.

>those evil capitalists
>frees animals instead of slave children
>wreck havoc which the slave kids have to clean afterwards
What did roundhead mean by this?

There is if they're dogshit over half the time. His only decent script was a noir copypasta set in a high school.

even if that was a point, which it isn't, when you expect people to pay to see your retardation and not call out your retardation, that's retarded.
>waah i want my work to be popular and never criticized or called out
one or the other, faggot

Honestly that kind of makes sense

>There is if they're dogshit over half the time. His only decent script was a noir copypasta set in a high school.
Brick was fun. What do you mean pasta

why are things only minor, unimportant, and "dude it's for kids" when they're being criticized and picked apart when it comes to TLJ

I had forgotten about his fucking arrogance with his shitty little 'Your Snoke Theory Sucks' card, thinking himself clever. Then, once the movie rolls around all he does is "he's just some random Sith, lol, watch him be killed in the most anticlimactic fashion".
The nerve on that piece of shit.

Can't believe I didn't think of this. She looked and sounded like death in the movie, and died shortly with kilos of coke in her body.

>What the fuck were they thinking with this character...
"Please may I have just a small piece of pussy please maam"

Attached: 5a36d3f74aa6b5bc198b5503-750-375.png (750x375, 216K)

He writes and acts like a teenager.
Wolf reading a page from Cuck Wendig's book was quite entertaining.

The fact this bizarre looking ugly woman is in so many shots in this film I actually paused he film to try and find it she was related to the producers or some shit

Too much force use to fly back into the ship from space.

I looked for it the other day, he nuked his channel. Mauler says they still talk and that Wolf is seeing a therapist and getting medicated.

nazis burned 5000 books, (((allies))) nearly 35000

also, jew cries out in pain as he strikes you

There's a shot where it's pretty much just her nose.

>minor scene that breaks all of Star Wars
Now every space battle we see in these movies we ask "Why aren't they hyperspace ramming each other." And its put upon the audience to do homework ("Just buy the books, nerd!") or make up headcanon of why that scene isn't complete fucking bullshit.

Speaking about weird people being in ever shot of the movie, there's also Carrie Fisher's daughter.

Yeah, he tried to an hero.

This one?

Attached: vlcsnap-00121.png (1280x536, 806K)

>the white bois found us

Attached: 1535560550714.png (747x800, 763K)

>Yeah, he tried to an hero.
Damn, that sucks. Hope he gets better.

I mean it is a beat-for-beat, perfectly formulaic noir thriller that he only really changed up by setting it in a high school. There are any number of movies from the 40s through the 70s that would lay out next to it beat by beat, to the point where you can outright call the moment when the next big twist/reveal is coming.

That's the most baboonish face they could find ?

QUICK LOOK OUT THE WINDOW

>There is a prevailing theory that he made the film terrible out of spite
was he secretly based? crashing this franchise with no survivors.

Certainly not. He's not some mastermind secretly jobbing to sink the franchise, he's just absolutely terrible as a director.

A. looks adorable.

Because everyone kept going "Lucas didn't direct the other two movies in the OT but directed all of the PT" and they took it to heart without understanding how it worked.

>What possible reasoning would there be behind having a new director for each film,
JJ couldn't be fucked doing all 3 and is only doing the 3rd because the last few did so badly

Supposedly JJ had a lot of clashes with KK which was the reason why he said he was only going to do one film. If you believe the rumors, Iger is the one who demanded JJ come back for the third.

I honestly don't think he had much involvement in the development of TLJ. I think KK picked him because he's a magnificent kissass and would follow the orders/suggestions of her and her pet story group in San Francisco. Look at that picture of those wine aunts and tell me they weren't the ones that shoehorned in such progressive messages such as capitalism bad because casinos, and always blindly follow the orders of some cunt with purple hair? It also explains why Rian Johnson is such a lil snarky bitch on Twitter. I've never seen a grown man act like that, but I've definitely seen a white knight act like that. He's not so much defending his work, but the shitty fan fiction of twilight moms that sign his checks.

I wish Carrie Fischer's daughter had more screentime. She can't act for her life but she's hot. These movies need more hot people to counterbalance the hideous freaks and old ladies

So you admit it’s bad?

Conspiracy Theory: Disney's top elite purposefully hire spineless, garbage "soi boi" directors and "woke" (but actually indoctrinated) SJWs and feminists because they work as reliable, easy scapegoats whenever they fuck up.
The whole EA Battlefront 2 lootbox fiasco is another obvious example of this.

And all of you fucking retards continue to fall for it.

Attached: 23453w469e5465e.png (371x453, 169K)

My sides just lightspeed rammed the Supremacy.

satan confirmed nu-wars fan

Or the French in ww2.

Never thought I would but, I'm sorry Mr. Lucas.

>being this new

lightspeed ramming makes things like the death star an insignificant threat you mongloid SJW feminist lefty communist pussy juicer

because he's an "ally." which just means that he'll be one of the last ones put up against the wall.

Disney wanting to rush the ST out as fast as possible after buying LFL. 3 months after hiring JJ they had the final shooting script if that's any indication of the care they took to set up the trilogy. They wanted Force Awakens out in May 2015 (instead of December). Also JJ wanted to portion out Luke, Han, and Leia to be featured in one film each, because even at the earliest stages he knew his OCs wouldn't be able to carry a film.

Based.

>These movies need more hot people
They don't want attractive people in SW anymore.

They can, but they should probably keep some basic level of consistency with the universe, otherwise you get weak, canon breaking characters like Rey becoming a Jedi Master in a day and a half without training.

pretty sure there's a precedent for droids piloting ships in SW, to the point that the droid IS the ship in the PT

Attached: k2so.jpg (670x380, 37K)

Easiest solution is to retcon Disney sequel trilogy

>I mean it is a beat-for-beat, perfectly formulaic noir thriller that he only really changed up by setting it in a high school. There are any number of movies from the 40s through the 70s that would lay out next to it beat by beat, to the point where you can outright call the moment when the next big twist/reveal is coming.
Oh ok, I thought you might have a point.

Tell me where I'm wrong. You could practically sub in The Maltese Falcon and the only thing missing would be the trans-atlantic accents.

>go to see star trek alone
>the ticket clerk sees me walk to the booth and activates the bullet proof glass shield
>a metal box opens and drops my security forms
>I file my mental compliance waiver
>a microphone door opens and I speak into it
>"Pedro Abdul Sanchez, heterosexual , white, male"
>the theater door opens and two muscly black women escort me to the security room for a full cavity search
>after clearance checks I can finaly buy popcorn
>the stacy at the counter asks if I want extra butter
>I spaghetti and run down the aisle tripping on the sticky carpet
>I enter during the opening scroll and go to the darkest furthest seat unnoticed.
>halfway thru the film Luke's force ghost is training rey
>"Rey I'm sorry I'm such a weak male figure. You are right. I wish I listened to you more. Theres a stronger jedi than me. "
>empress Holdo's force ghost appears and Luke starts crying and bowing to her
>"rey, this man is weak to the dark side, I will now teach you the ways of the force"
>holdos ghost decapitates luke with a ghost sword
>i stand up and start clapping
>HES THE SHOOTER!
>everyone screams and runs out of the theater
>brutish Wymyn in full body swat gear take me outside and beat me before the police arrive
>I have to wear state sanctioned oven mitts as part of my terroristic threatening charge

Attached: 1566517951800.jpg (640x802, 92K)

Why would a company intentionally hire legions of important people in the hopes that they fuck up everything? Wouldn't it be even better to hire people who aren't retards so there are no fuck ups that need to be pinned on anyone?

>Why would a company intentionally hire legions of important people in the hopes that they fuck up everything? Wouldn't it be even better to hire people who aren't retards so there are no fuck ups that need to be pinned on anyone?
I think their hope was that everyone would see how powerful and brave Rey and Rose were and immediately join the Democratic Party.

>hire woke women with cripling white guilt to handle the storytelling of your multi-billion dollar franchise
>they consult only with small bubble of twitter followers on what they'd like to see in Star Wars
>their followers can only think in terms of self-insert characters, with only surface level traits like race and sexuality with no defining features beyond that.
>essentially creates tumblr chimera OC to be the face of Star Wars theme park instead of Han Solo or Vader

We are the spike that will light the fire that will burn the rope that will unleash the boot that will kick the bucket that will go down the slope that will lead to the tub that will drop the ball that will launch the diver that will tip the cage that will trap the rats of the First Order

That's the problem though. They were hoping that they wouldn't fuck up this badly, but they did.

But now that it's confirmed that they did fuck up, at least they've ended up taking most of the blame from fans and viewers, not Disney's top elite themselves. Why put the blame on Disney for hiring spineless hacks to begin with when you can just have your idiotic consumerbase fling shit at each other?

Why blame Disney when you can put the blame on forced shallow, feminism and liberal themes for ruining the spirit and meaning behind Star Wars?
Why blame Disney when you can put the blame on radical, al-right white incel fans that refuse to accept this new proud and inclusive take on Star Wars?
Why blame Disney when you can put the blame Rian Johnson, JJ, Kathleen and so on for being copmlete fucking hacks?
Why blame Disney when you can put the blame EA for the lootbox bullshit, since they already have a history of doing this shit with the games and IPs they have full control over?

Well said.

im sorry george, is that what you want to hear?

traitors get it first

Well congratulations you made yourself a flop! Now what’s the next step of your master plan?!

Crashing this franchise... with no survivors!

Fucking kek.

TELL ME ABOUT RIAN. WHY DOES HE DRINK THE ŠÖĪ?

I mad obout the ramming not because it was possible but because was very, very low energy that it would be (a death star tier of energy at very last)

Attached: 1566201855093.jpg (680x865, 193K)

>why the fuck no just ram the fucking death star onto any gas gigant to ignite another sun?

Attached: 1567814813759.jpg (500x500, 51K)

Who else here can't wait for Rian Johnson's Knives Out by Rian Johnson?

rebels (and republic by an extend) always was shit but you just notice it

Was it just me or did any one else think she was an imperial mole.
>The resistance is being traked through hyperspace so I thought either there's a mole on the ship or a tracking device
>Then a strange woman we have never seen before shows up and takes control
>And we are made to think poe is in the right when doubting her leadership
>There is even a scene were after not telling poe the plan she is accompanied by an imperial score

>YOU LET DOUGAL DO A FUNERAL

hutt cartels being more greedy that the ussual

>inb4 phantom menance again

>>There is even a scene were after not telling poe the plan she is accompanied by an imperial score
Seriously ? i don't really want to rewatch it to verify.

Her nose would look smaller if she had a chin

It's Ryan ineptly trying to set her up as a red herring. Give her an Imperial-esque theme, then have her walk around wearing a literal martyr's halo the entire film. Fucking amateur hour.

Attached: 1514992657756.jpg (414x768, 216K)