>they bully Pennywise into shrinking down from a big clown spider to a baby and squish his baby heart

>they bully Pennywise into shrinking down from a big clown spider to a baby and squish his baby heart
What were they thinking?

Attached: 09BD6749-16E0-446C-9E64-9A30F66ADEAB.jpg (1734x624, 1005K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nuc5xdY9Oko
youtube.com/watch?v=mPnx3zO3SDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what idiot designed that clown? Did nobody on their team think to say that it looks retarded?

do you have any pictures of the clown spider?

Probably "we have a successful thing on our hands. Let's not use albuterol to kill it this time, that looked kinda dumb"

ANY RIPS YET?

Pictures don’t really do it justice but here’s one and a video link
youtu.be/nuc5xdY9Oko

Attached: B86FEBA2-5DFF-485B-BC87-6E85E7CEE8D9.jpg (1297x733, 589K)

Ever read it? the last half of the book is powered by cocaine

Yeah but somehow that whole Ritual of Chud and "monster so incomprehensible they can't even see it" shit seems better and more of a fun ending than
>er big spider again
>also baby pennywise

Finn Wolfhards CGI'd face was genuinely the scariest thing in this movie

that looks so bad

It works as well as the first movie.

I know the spider thins was in the books but there should've been a better way to impliment this. for both versions.

I honestly don't understand it.... MAJOR BOOK SPOILERS INCOMING:

In the book it's a giant black spider with large red eyes. It comes crawling down from the the ceiling where all the victims are 'floating'. The whole thing is they believe in being able to kill him, not killing by not believing. It chomps of Eddies arm as it is sprayed with the inhaler in the face ruining one of its eyes, I think the others get minor injuries and the spider gets some other injuries. The spider retreats and Richie and Bill follow to make sure they kill it this time, Ben stays behind in total darkness with only a lighter or something, squashing all the eggs it's laying behind. At the end Richie is doing voices that scream inside its head and Bill punch through its stomach, into its guts and are literally standing inside the spider while gore spills everywhere and he crushes the heart with both hands. The whole finale is just so incredibly crazy and gory, disgusting and the spider is described as pretty horrific and crazy with squealing in anger and pain and fear. It is such a climax and I knew they would change it for the movie.

But why? Because it's to crazy, disturbing or disgusting for A FUCKING HORROR MOVIE?!? I'm so mad. They always do this with King adaptions, change out the craziest climaxes only to have it end up strange and nonsensical ANYWAY.

Mostly since it really didn't work in the minseries perhaps?

Fun but not something that really translates to screen.

It didn't work because the limitations of the effects and that's not even true, it was budget and poor execution. That's the whole point, they have all this money and use it to CGI Pennywise so much when they don't need to. They could have easily made the book ending, but for some reason they seem to just want to make shit in stead.

Well we wouldn't know unless they tried.

The comments on this are so cringe

>the villain is a giant baby who gets bullied and brutally murdered by "good" guys
Fuck americans. Fucking savages.

For the love of god, someone who has seen the movie, there are more than just that minute of the final fight?

yes

>everyone from the loserclub is successful except the only black
didn't knew they took raimi on board

what kind of americans do you mean?

Only way to deal with incels

diall late

WB doesn't think

That's why all their movies bomb

stephen hack

Yes, it goes on for at least 10-15 minutes and then there's still the epilogue.

>In the book it's a giant black spider with large red eyes.
No, that's what they see it as. It really is "the deadlights" and everything else is just a sham. The movie reflects this by inserting an alleged Indian saying (a tribe called Shokopiwa or something?) that every living thing has to obey the laws of the form it takes. The deadlights are present in the room where the spider is fought, floating above the impact crater they left when IT arrived on Earth aeons ago. When the spider attacks Richie, both its mouth and the back of its head open up to allow the deadlights shining through, illustrating that Penywise is still an illusion but the closest they are going to get to the truth.

>They had the budget, time, and technology to shoot this perfectly and they didn't
There's never going to be a decent adaptation, is there

This movie was about an hour and 20 minutes too long.

Yes yes, the deadlights has been mentioned many enough times that I figured it went without saying that the spider is just a final form rather than true. But you get points for looking out for correct information.

is chapter two the last movie or do they make a third one?

They killed a faggot, too

Anyone have a pic of penny wise showing the dead lights to Richie. Love that part

>>They had the budget, time, and technology to shoot this perfectly and they didn't
Well, they did. The main thing they changed was that the ritual of Chüd was make believe Native Americans believed in but of course weren't able to actually banish IT because it's all baloney. They still mention "maturin" (as in, Stephen King's magic turtle and force for good), but it's the herb the NAs give Mike to smoke so he can have visions of IT arriving on Earth (this is the reintegration of a scene from the book, where the kids built a "smoke-hole" and likewise have hallucinations of IT's arrival, the smoke-hole becomes their club house here). No biting of tongues because the whole scene is already highly confusing and out there in the book, so they simplified it a little. Also, they already beat IT by believing in part 1 where the empty cattle gun was able to blow Pennywise's brains out, so this time they do it by overcoming their fear.

no

>COME AT ME BRO
>okay
And then Richie was instantly WUBBED to death.

Which one of you watched this movie in the cinema too? I feel like I got robbed

I did and I was very happy with it. Then again, my cinema is very cheap in the afternoon.

I had to pay 18 euro (20 dollar). How much did you?

>Everyone really likes the first part with the kids but the second part is botched and has a terrible looking final monster
>Again

What a waste of everyone's time.

7,50€. As I said, it's cheap in the afternoon and thursday's their special offers day.

This. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with his face during the whole movie. Then I got home and watched an interview with Finn and currently he doesn’t look like his former 2017 IT self

bueno

Attached: upclose.jpg (1079x631, 86K)

>black guy doesn't flee

The kids are hitting the wall only 2 years later and they need to CGI young their faces lmao

I thought it was an entertaining movie but it felt like a straight up comedy at times. Part 1 had its humorous moments, mostly in the dialogue, and Pennywise had that real uncanny vibe around him the whole time so he came off as more goofy rather than scary. In this one though it felt like they realized no one actually thought Pennywise was scary so they just amped up the ham and shoved the horror to the side.

This film looks fuckin awful

BABY PENNYWISE IS CUTE. CUTE!

I didn’t like that. Richie has to make a funny every single scare. It got tiresome

>In this one though it felt like they realized no one actually thought Pennywise was scary so they just amped up the ham and shoved the horror to the side.
That's exactly what it felt like, but then again the jokes were done really well. My favourite is when
Henry attacks Eddie and stabs him in the cheek,
Eddie stumbles backwards into the shower with the knife still in his face
Henry stands outside dumbfounded and requests his knife back
Eddie stabs him through the shower curtain
Both in shock, Eddie awkardly shuffles out of the room, mumbling at him to lose the mullet as it hasn't been in fashion for 3 decades

>Richie has to make a funny every single scare. It got tiresome
Richie is supposed to be tiresome. He doesn't write his material himself and the hypersexualisation angle he used to have as a kid for compensating his homosexuality has run its course

King's work falls off a cliff when NOT entirely coke-fueled. Look at the fucking Tower series. Soon as he went sober it was over.

>you cant understand it , so you cant its true form
I hate this topic, just lazy writing

Did you know the human senses are not the ideal configuration to experience existence with? There's so much that lies without our perception.

youtube.com/watch?v=mPnx3zO3SDc

All you need is creativity. Shoot dark, utilize interesting lighting, don't hold long on shots, make the monster hard to see...but that stuff is hard, so fuck it.

Attached: queen.jpg (618x412, 217K)

Autists here would sperg about Muh Shaky Cam.

>just lazy writing
How so? In the case of the book it is obviously inspired by Lovecraft and it is a part of the horror. If we are explained some other translation form like the spider in the book we are still getting a creature and a form so don't really see how it's lazy. Now if they used the incomprehensible factor and then had the Losers fight something invisible with only the voice of Pennywise in the room, now that would be lazy.

You can do all those things without shaking the camera.
You're supposed to "obscure" the subject with those techniques; you're not supposed to literally make it hard to look at the movie.

>Lovecraft
Which is the overrated base behind all of this.
>Uh is so dreadful that my mind cant comprehend it
Again, just lazy. Created by an author with bad writing that became acclaimed by edgy people

>overrated
This is a word invented by people who are disappointed by their own inflated expectations of a given work.

Threadly reminder to read the novel, it’s fucking kino and a horror epic.

>NOOOOOOO LOSERS CLUB PLEASE I'M SO SORRY I ATE THOSE KIDS PLEASE DON'T RIP OUT MY HEART AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Again I don't see how it is lazy. Maybe it's just not for you. I like the idea that something is so horrible we can't even see it properly, it adds to letting your imagination work which is a strong point in horror and it supports the concept of aliens and things greater than ourselves, it really strengthen the whole concept of the unknown.

ABORTION GOOD

We hate you too :^)

Here's your movie monster bro

Attached: 51RVk3OictL._SY300_.jpg (300x300, 20K)

its the scorpion king tier CGI lol

You haven't seen The Mummy Returns since it came out if you think the two are comparable.

Here’s your bird box monster bro

Not the same at all and you know it.

what you see

what IT sees

Attached: hader.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

Is the cosmic turtle in this?

GRANNY TITTY MONSTER

Its not the monster. Its being flung through the multiverse to the edge of it while holding onto a psychic tongue and biting into it.

I was hoping they'd go for it, but figured they probably wouldn't. Its too weird for Hollywood. Differences aside, they captured a lot of what made the book great

Well I'll be damned. That guy on FaceOff that kept making frowning characters finally got himself a big budget gig.

They did for the TV movie, basically just spooky lighting and suggesting it’s incomprehensible while also being the ‘real’ form of Pennywise not able to be defeated with happy thoughts.

Yes and no. "Maturin" is now the name of a hallucinogenic herb Native Americans smoked to induce visions, though turtles still feature in a few scenes.

I legit thought this was some new kind of Soul Grinder for a second

based WHchad

>monster can not be rendered in its true form by human biological perceptions
>go insane when you look at it
It is

oh, I thought he just said "datura" strangely
That went completely over my head

Well, the dub I watched it in
>watching dubbed movies
clearly called it maturin.
Did you catch what Eddie said to Richie as he died? I coudn't understand it.

Cocaine's a helluva drug

"I fucked your mother"

>there are flashing lights so you know it's scary

Hah!

The light in the room is coming from IT's swirling true form as the Deadlights, so there's a reason for that.

Not necessarily. One can lead to the other, but they can be two separate factors as well. The inability to see things true form does not necessarily equate to going mad.

So did big Ben get cucked in the end or what?

COKE KING WAS GARGANTUAN AND OTHERWORLDLY, sober king is a itsy bitsy shit eating effeminate dongle berry and he is a worthless faggot!

>This is what Eddie's mom used to look like

Attached: full.jpg (600x741, 50K)

The only thing I didn't enjoy about the ending was that they should have been really digging into Pennywise to make him feel powerless. In the first movie the entire gang bullied him and beat the shit out of him until he was afraid and ran away, but in this it just felt like they shouted at him and won. They should have done something similar but to a bit more of an extreme, not so much as bullying, but some like torture and berating. They should have just been fucking with him and pulling off his legs one by one or something

I mean, Richie twists off one of his arms and throws it away...

I was hoping that they were going to start doing shit to him after I saw that but they did nothing. It was just them screaming "CLOWN!" at him until he shrunk into a baby

Yo why the fuck did Billy kiss Beverly when he has a wife? I haven’t seen anyone address this.

>just them screaming "CLOWN!" at him until he shrunk into a baby
That sounds so god awful I'm happy I got it spoiled.

>What were they thinking?
They weren't.

Shut the fuck up you clown

He committed adultery simple as that

You wouldn't?

That part was the only thing I thought was particularly creepy.

For the love of God, can anyone explain why they played “Angel of the Morning” in that one scene for two seconds? It was so out of place...

I miss the spider crab with the shiney belly. This looks like a cartoon.

It takes me out of the story when people cheat for the sake of the story or “true love” or whatever. I feel like I’m the only one who hates all of the cheating in “The Office.” Makes it hard for me to sympathize with like a quarter of the cast. Roy was an asshole but he deserved better than Pam, and Pam, Jim, Oscar, and Angela were shitty people.

I wont bother to explain because it’s in a realm of understanding incels simply won’t grasp

Is it incel of me that I’m on the side of beverly’s Husband? Yeah he was abusive but the dude had some balls and said “you’re not going to sneak out in the middle of the night and meet up with this ‘Mike’ guy.”
Seriously, would you take that shit from your wife? Seems kind of cucked.

The only way the story itself would work successfully adapted is a miniseries, even still a lot of the coked out uncomfortable King weirdness of the book would be cut out.

I've never been fond of the "act extremely suspicious whenever your SO interacts with anyone of the opposite sex at any times" mentality
It creeped me out in high school and it creeps me out now. Makes me glad I never bothered with relationships.

Yeah there is one neat effect they show where you can tell the deadlights are literally, visually projecting the form of pennywise like a projector into reality. kinda hard to explain but it's during the scene were richie gets LIGHTED.COM after chucking rocks at IT.

>Because it's to crazy, disturbing or disgusting for A FUCKING HORROR MOVIE?!?
For a horror movie looking for mainstream appeal in a world with dwindling cinema attendance? Absolutely. If they had produced it that way, guaranteed there would be a hundred articles over the next few weeks with headlines like "IT's finale is incredibly faithful to the books: here's why that's a bad thing!" Modern audiences, especially in the demographic of 18-34 are fucking pussies nowadays. Nobody wants to see graphic violence or destruction in a post 9/11 world.

Beverly literally has a whispered phone conversation with a “Mike” that the husband has never heard of, in the middle of the night, and then tries to pack up and leave without waking up her husband. That doesn’t justify his suspicions even a little bit? The dude even mentioned that she’s cheated before. She claims she didn’t but it makes you wonder what other kind of weird shit she’d been doing beforehand, you know? The fact that she couldn’t even explain why she needed to leave would lead any rational person to believe she’s cheating.

>The dude even mentioned that she’s cheated before.
Do you really trust someone who's abusive? Anyone who is willing to strike their SO is mentally fucked up enough to believe shit that isn't real.

>"HURR DAE COCAINE??? HE WAS ON SO MUCH COCAINE BRUHZ!!! DAT COCAINE XDDD"

Fuck off reddit, all you're doing is parroting what all the other plebbitors have said a million times. You've never even read the fucking book. You're probably inordinately fixated on the "gangbang" part too aren't you? Fuck off.

N-no! delete this, Yea Forums told me this movie is good because it has a lot of jumpscares!! REEEEEEE

There's a noticeable drop off of quality when he claimed sobriety.

To highlight the ridiculousness of the moment.

Maybe his behavior is like that BECAUSE she cheated on him. I know very good loyal to the bone men who turned psychotic because their whore women betrayed them. We don’t know anything about the character

That’s what I’m saying though, movies have to try to make the guy that’s being cucked a horrible human being to justify them getting cheated on. Just leave the relationship before you hoe around, you know?
That being said, Beverly’s case is different because the audience doesn’t know anything about the alleged previous case of cheating. Still, while he was wrong to hit her, he had every right to be suspicious as fuck in that scenario. If your wife does something like that and you immediately trust her when you ask her what she’s doing and her response is a hurried, incoherent babble about how “it’s hard to explain,” then you’ve probably been brainwashed by feminism or are too weak to call her out on it.

I’m supposed to feel bad for the character who’s getting inundated with his worst fear and root for him to overcome it, not laugh at le funny vomit joke.

>HAHAHAHA BILL CAN'T WRITE AN ENDING
>King literally couldn't write a good ending to save his light
Was this meta?

based kubrick

I don’t know, is the bike shop scene where Stephen King’s cameo shits on Bill for his endings too subtle for you?

I think Stephen King might actually be senile enough to not get the connection

Because bill and bev otp. Fick ben and bill's shitty wife

Oh damn, was I replying to Stephen King just there?

I know that’s the logic we’re expected to have because we see these characters at two different stages in their lives but if you think about it logically it makes no sense that the infidelity would have no repercussions.

aside from that looking nothing like a spider why was the nig all suicidal?

Except Audra wasn't present and nobody else is going to rat him out. Bev goes with Ben anyway.

if coke and drugs gets people movies, why is half of it illegal
wouldn't you get more productful people with innovative ideas then

Because he lured his friends back there and kept them in the dark about the ritual failing the last time it was performed. Nobody came and released IT back into the world, everyone involved in the ritual was flat out killed and Pennywise carried on as normal.

>productful
>Fick
Are you, by any chance, German?

>rat him out
>goes with Ben anyway
Still doesn’t make it right. I find it hard to root for any character that cheats that a movie tries to justify.

They're in a life-threatening situation, they kiss, they don't fuck, they never make another attempt.

There’s nothing life threatening about the scene they’re in and it really serves no purpose but to pair it with a flashback. Would you be okay if your woman did the same, cuck?

Assuming I'd never find out and it still went no further, I see no reason throw a fit over nothing. Bev's husband on the other hand.

>half
>the last half

Attached: conbl.jpg (894x894, 368K)

have sex

Why do they run? All they have to do is shoot him right before the attack lands and they can perform a visceral attack.

if they follow the book it's the last

I feel like they should have brought some fucking guns

Goddamn you’re a cuck. What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you that brainwashed and beaten down that you’d actually let that slide? I mean if you didn’t find out I couldn’t blame you but if you knew then you’re seriously in idiot for enabling it in your woman by not kicking her ass to the curb.

I do have sex. I keep it with my girlfriend though because I’m not a piece of shit.

I'd say you're the edgy one here dude...

Based

based post

That looks even more stupid than the TV version

No? The ending was the exact same as the first one. They overcome their fears and believe that they can hurt him. They don’t beat the shit out him aside from Eddie but everything else was thematically the same. It’s a boring retread of the first movie.

I want to see the scene of Pennywise looking human and bleeding.

Looks great.

In the book it's called a spider with red eyes and it is then explained that it looks nothing like a spider but that a spider is the nearest you can get to describing what part of it looks like before looking away because it's Cthulu-like and looking at it drives you insane.

And you expect that shit to work if you ever try to visually make that happen? You expect a modern audience to get that at a glance?

...k.

Pennywise acted a lot like Tim curry in this one thanks to the ham
And remember how pennywise actually held a fucking conversation with Georgie there so he sounded like a fucking pedophile?
We got that with the girl with the scar
Plus again with the ham
>I KNOW YOUR SE-CRET
>KISS ME FAT BOY
>IT WAS A....WHATS THE WORD....GAZEBO?
>YOU’RE JUST A FAT FATTY FAT LOSER, YOU ALWAYS KNEW YOU WOULD DIE ALONE
>look at you, all grown up

Why didn't Kubrick make this?

Attached: x120.jpg (160x120, 6K)

You think that might be the result but we don't know, for all we know a faithful adaption going all out might actually wake people up and take the current era by surprise. And I'm quite certain there has been several visceral and gory movies that was well received past 9/11.

Liked the focus he got here, aside from Bill he was the main character
Although now I have a question
Was Mike learning of IT’s origin through drugs and spider bites in the book?
It feels like it wasn’t

Attached: A312DAF4-36B9-4EBD-8A0E-C0234CA36E39.jpg (339x223, 11K)

Oh really? When exactly was that? Because he has written a lot of good ones since the 80s, he has written so many different stories. Misery, Dreamcatcher and Bag of Bones was probably past his coke phase and they're all great.

Do they show the part of the book where everyone runs train on Bev?

The kids oy get a hint of the origins. The reader gets the whole story. It being a movie means it has to be spelled out for the audience this time.

But yeah... the kids in the book make a teepee to get high in and see Maturin and glimpse the deadlights

Not, difficult at all. God are everyone on they planet creatively bankrupt these days? Have the deadlights projecting thing change him into the spider, have the spider morph slighty, transparently, to something else and then back, settling on the spider form. Us motion as the language to convey the idea.

You literally just said some vague shit. Which is easy to convey WITH WORDS because you don't do any work. You fucking make it look right and then we can talk about anyone else being creatively bankrupt.

A blurry fucking spider in a dolly shot is literally your best shot at making an incomprehensible and eldritch horror.

This wouldn't even make top 30 weird/dumb things in the book.

i was waiting for the very ending where they were all in the water to kick me in the nuts and have him come back

Describing something as disgusting and horrific doesn't mean it'd actually translate to that in a direct adaptation. A character's interpretation of something and what it actually looks like are totally different things you fucking plebian shit for brains.

See: basically every single Lovecraft adaptation ever and how 90% of the smoothbrain fanfags are just "DUDE TENTACLES LMAO" because they like the secondary fandom more than they like the source material and are too stupid to understand it.

does bev start in the book dating a useless abusive piece of shit?

I liked it.
It's been nearly 15 years since I read the book all the way through, though, so i don't really remember the ending parts.

does Pennywise get BLACKED?

Misery is literally a metaphor about cocaine addiction keeping him locked up in his house all noided and forced to write

MISERY NOT SCARY MISERY GARBAGE

does the book come in 2 parts?

I read the book for the first time about six months before the first movie. Thought it did a great job of condensing most of the good ideas into a movie that made sense. Expecting the same here.

It's one way to do it, the point is there are any number of ways of doing it, but they don't even bother trying, they just opt for some generic way out. We can't know for certain what would work or not, but you're just saying it wouldn't while I say creativity is the only limit. To convey the eldritch aspect they could use CGI as I mentioned, could help with some dialouge to explain, mess with frames, all sort of layer and warping effects, hell they could do the whole thing with physical effects, use pumps and instruments to contract and enlarge while using fog or other physical elements to obscure and hide away anything that makes it look unreal or just for effect. They could do some Lynch kind of editing to convey that are minds are the limitation. God there are so many options and we can't know if any of them would work until we try them out.

Nope. Just a big ass brick that constantly bounces back and forth in time. The kid stuff takes up most of it though.

Anything on the cosmic turtle?

They did that. The put the torso of him on a giant blurry spider body that keeps shifting.

Am I arguing with someone who is complaining about something they haven't seen?

does it feature as much underage smoking?

Not that I remember.

He does in the book by Richie

But theres 100% more group sex.

hopefully not between children or Stephen king needs to be locked up

The kids smoke all the time in the book, Eddie and Richie originally only hang out with Bev because she has cigarettes.

ah so- stephen king is one of those "kids should be treated like tiny adults" types
lock him up before he rapes a child

... yeah... yeah it's all kids... in the, uh... orgy.

Smoking was good for you in the 50s

>stephen king if a pedophile
welp i hope someone saves the kids before he hurts them

Maybe gangbang is the proper nomenclature...

Only Bill and Ben even get hard.

is the cam allready out? magnet anyone? piratebay is down as usual

>Opening scene is a homosexual couple getting the absolute shit kicked out of them and then being horribly murdered by It
>Movie never touches up on it again

Based and Raimipilled

Klaus Kinski?

>we got the weird ass lovecraftian ending we were promised
Fucking based.

Attached: Grave Robber.jpg (4444x4444, 870K)

I mean the movies barely touch on the whole story of The Black Spot either.

Not what I meant, it's really difficult to explain creativity and ideas. I mean I'd ask you to just broaden your imagination and think differently, but that seems unreasonable doesn't it? The constantly changing part is unnecessary, they could establish the eldritch concept at the entry point, have it warp and then settle on the spider, just barely jitter once in a while to indicated that this too is only one form. They could have pov shots where there are differences between the characters perception. They could show that in death, Eddie's human limitations vanish and he could see what it really was, giving us a glimpse and letting the imagination do the rest, or have an animal pov that sees it for what it is. I do believe that there's a part in they book when Bev is being chased by It a bystander kid see it change and for a moment sees something that looks like a spider. Also Its true form does get described in the book, I think it is described as a long, hairy, writhing light or something like that. They could have shown us the ritual, the true form and the spider, letting us come to the conclusion that he spider must be the closest thing we can grasp.

Not sure how Eddie is in the book but it’s kind of funny to think that he’s such a health freak in the movie but smokes like a chimney in the book I guess.

kinda ironic how his actor also "smokes like a chimney"

Attached: 69816733_365020351098319_6183821426617745408_n.jpg (261x146, 8K)

Isn't this the president of Jews

>Time to voooote

What did he mean by this?

A movie aimed at pumpkin spice latte drinking white girls is bad? I’m shocked. If you watch current day horror films, you’re either a white girl or a retard.

The idea of a psycho bitch keeping me hostage in her house while I’m forced to do her bidding is infinitely scarier than whatever this clown bullshit is. The former is actually a real scenario that can happen.

nothing about it was lovecraftian and even the part where they rip out It's heart, which is supposed to become like a crazy animalistic mutilation as though they were a tribe of savages, is just some sedate bullshit

why did pennywise eat the fag at the beginning i thought he only went after kids

He needed some fruit for nutrition

Does IT Chapter 2 contain Count Orlok with razor blades for teeth like in the book? That's literally all I care about

>he

Haha, no
>leper again
>Bev's dad again
>a gangly naked old lady
>a non-makeuped Pennywise who appears for as long as he does in the trailer
>young Bev with a burning head
>Spider Pennywise again
that's about it iirc

Did the first one have the wolfman or the frankenstein or the creature from the black lagoon?
it had like 4 seconds of mummy, I guess, but still

fucking damn it, razor blade vampire is all I cared to see out of either of these movies, I feel like the art dept. would have done the concept justice.

It's like half doing the same monsters from the first movie, and half-baked new ideas that feel like weird rip-offs of stuff from the first movie

He mainly targets kids since they're easier to scare but he'll go after anyone with enough fear

> don’t pay attention to the pedo group sex goys
Hello /trannypol/

You're watching the wrong movie, m8

Does this shit have the Turtle or not? 'Cause without it, there's really no point.

nigger the man freely admits to snorting his way through the 80s

Dreamcatcher is trash, Bag of Bones is so-so
And none of that compares to his shit from the 70s and 80s. The Dark Tower also urned into garbage after book 3.

underrated post

stephen king literally admits to 15years of hard drug use that he barely remembers. his kids developed under the watchful eye of a strung out degenerate

how the fuck would you explain/justify the turtle to a normie Hollywood horror audience?

Nope, they do IT arriving in the meteor for a little bit but honestly, the pacing is fucked in the movie
>20 minutes of the adults actually developing and doing shit
>90 minutes of the kids again now with CGI on Eddie, Ritchie and Ben to make them look younger
>20 minutes of Henry Bowers acting like a fucking crackhead before he gets killed
>Mike doesn't get put in hospital either, he's there for the final fight
>20 minutes of some random, barely named and developed kids getting eating by Pennywise for shits & gigs
>20 minutes of explaining the Ritual of Chud
>Ritual of Chud isn't same as books
>All the ritual involves now is the adults going to places they went just after the battle with IT as kids to remember what they've forgotten
>When they remember, a jumpscare happens and they get a "token" from their childhood (i.e. Georgie's boat, Bev's postcard, Ben's signed yearbook page, an arcade token for Ritchie, Eddie's inhaler)
>they take a magic vase to IT's lair
>they burn the tokens and basically say "Go away deadlights" which somehow summons the deadlights into the vase
>before they can put a lid on the vase IT gets out and final battle happens
>turns out the whole ritual was a dud anyway and Mike lied about it working to get everyone to try it anyway

Yeah, she does.

Was anybody else bothered by the homophobia in this movie?

The ritual wasnt a dud because they forced pennywise into his true form which is why they were able to kill him in the end.

>The Dark Tower also urned into garbage after book 3.
Oh boy, thought there might be a chance for a discussion here, but man that is some trash opinions.

Attached: 1567546381124.gif (250x187, 555K)

That was pure dumb luck seeing as Mike only seemed to remember that last sentence that helped them "bully" Pennywise to death
If they'd died like immediately then summoning Pennywise wouldn't have meant anything, it was dumb luck

What's the difference hahaha

Attached: hqdefault-1.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>It's true form is the deadlights

that's fuckin dumb

Sorry, the dark tower sucked ass all the way through because it was a shit concept and even shittier writing. You have abysmal taste and the world is better off without your brainlet opinions. Happy?

Attached: 1567200114906.jpg (700x483, 39K)

If a dog is too stubborn or stupid to be trained with words you have to resort to using your fists.

To be fair he’s fighting against adults now. If he can’t beat them as kids, then he absolutely stands no chance against them as grown ups.

I'm really happy, I absolutely love the Dark Tower series and most of Kings work for that matter. It is such a joy to read and I think it's really well written. He somehow manages to capture the mind of children, adults with all kinds of lives and even animals. I see how he has become so incredibly popular and successful, although popularity surely can't be a tell all about quality. Not that it matters, it's all about finding things you enjoy. But to each their own I guess. I'd love to hear your 5 favorite books, probably a good chance to find something completely different from King.

The reason Pennywise goes into his final form is because the losers club's bond allows them to see what the others are afraid of, otherwise the glamor appears different between persons even if only slightly like Bob Grey appearing at the Bradley Gang shootout and his gun appeared to be whatever the person viewing him had. The pennywise amalgam was an attempt to try and appeal to all their fears at once.

IT is basically a space baby monster version of Nyarlathotep. Their true form wouldn't be comprehensible by humans. Nyarlathotep itself is in King stories and takes on the form of Randall Flagg if you want to contrast their "personalities." IT is closer to a magical entity like an elemental spirit whereas Randall Flagg is a more intelligent entity.

>"G-G-Glamour," Bill said, and spelled it. He told them about an encyclopedia entry on the subject and, a chapter he had read in a book called Night's Truth. Glamour, he said, was the Gaelic name for the creature which was haunting Derry; other races and other cultures at other times had different words for it, but they all meant the same thing. The Plains Indians called it a manitou, which sometimes took the shape of a mountain-lion or an elk or an eagle. These same Indians believed that the spirit of a manitou could sometimes enter them, and at these times it was possible for them to shape the clouds themselves into representations of those animals for which their houses had been named. The Himalayans called it a tallus or taelus, which meant an evil magic being that could read your mind and then assume the shape of the thing you were most afraid of. In Central Europe it had been called eylak, brother of the vurderlak, or vampire. In France it was le loup-garou, or skin-changer, a concept that had been crudely translated as the werewolf, but, Bill told them, le loup-garou (which he pronounced "le loop-garoo') could be anything, anything at all: a wolf, a hawk, a sheep, even a bug."

What is Flagg's deal? Was he always this way or did he become this way somehow.

Great old ones feed off insanity or some shit.

Just came back from it. The humour and quips were awful. The Thing reference made be cringe.

>tfw Reddie is canon

Attached: 1567541287908.jpg (640x630, 179K)

Just came back from it. Was a bit of a let down 5/10 if I'm nice.

The feet scene between Finn and Jack was the best

Based

Attached: 1567771187525.jpg (800x370, 70K)

IT forms as a head with spider legs.
One of the character then says “You have got to be fucking kidding”

wtf I thought this was a horror movie not an action flick?

Nah, even that 'spider crab with hands' thing in the original looked better than this does.
But it's important to note that ITs final form is supposed to be disappointing. It's even written that way in the book. After seeing it in so many other forms, it just being a great big spider is considered almost quaint by the characters.

I'm still angry that they didn't have the guts to kill the kid in Cujo.

*is a creepy spider in your path*

Attached: latest[1].png (707x1106, 465K)

Me too man, me too. It is a very defining part of the whole tone. The book is excellent for it. That ending is heart wrenching.

every film is an action flick nowadays. Hollywood writing and filmmaking has made the terrible mistake of taking the principles of filmmaking and turning them into rules not to be broken. That's why films are more predictable and unoriginal than ever.

Looks like something out of an alien: covenant spoof

He was born a demon. I believe he's actually related to Maerlynn of the Prim.

Literal NPC behavior

Attached: PicsArt_09-06-07.12.06.jpg (2896x1230, 227K)

What about the ritual of Chüd in which they take turns biting each other's tongues and telling jokes...

or did I imagine that?

Yes that too. I was just talking about the specifics with the spider form which isn't present in the ritual itself.

Just got back. It was fucking shit.

Pros
- Richie
- Richie doing the joke about Pennywise
- Richie getting delighted

Cons
- The stupid fucking song for 2 seconds
- Stephen King and the inside jokes about endings
- Too much comedy
- Spider and silly baby IT
- Shining and TERRIBLE Thing reference
- Ben being a wafer thin character and his chemistry with Bev
- The pacing of "here's the kid jump scare and here's the adult jump scare"
- I don't like Pennywise being more Clownish in this one, I liked it being a facade to lure dumb children and not being able to pull it off without his eyes going nuts
- The bully being built up then just killed almost pointlessly
- TOO FUCKING LONG

Overall I'd say it's a good little two parter for kids and teens, they'd shit their pants at this. I didn't like it.

Deadlighted fucking phoneposting.

no i literally read it last year and the creative spirit behind it is VERY cocaine-influenced
obviously it was reviewed and edited by someone sober

The "Angel of the Morning" scene was real fucking weird. I unironically thought something had malfunctioned and they accidentally played it in the theater. But it's actually in the movie. Why? Is it a reference?

>Richie doing the joke about Pennywise
I liked this too. It pleased me on at least two different levels.

Richie getting deadlighted was genuinely one of the only good points in the film. The shot and cut to his face, was actually kind of disturbing and jarring. Pretty much anything with Bill Hader or kid Richie was great. It's insane how bad this film was.