Now that the dust has settled

What is your HONEST opinion on the movie Alita Battle Angel, discords and shills aside?

Attached: 1552000604068.jpg (580x767, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

is2.Yea
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Rosa.jpg (640x640, 77K)

you know I didn't get a chance to watch that one

Way better than Endgame and deserves awards

insulting ending

One of the best Western adaptations of Japanese media. The list of that is not big.

Alita is cute, but Rosa is revolting

Never watched it

based fuck capeshit

Formulaic as fuck
Terrible acting all around, especially from the love interest dude
Creepy uncanny valley main character
Based Norton deserves better than this shit

Cookie cutter plot but "muh MC cute"

Attached: haha.png (960x640, 492K)

bump

It was good

Attached: final 4chan.png (1076x807, 1.2M)

it was kinda gay

I'll add that the voice actress was horrible and clearly got the role through the casting couch. Zero charisma or emotional delivery.

Post bonbi

based

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

its garbage and people need to stop associating it with the manga

Didn't adhere to Shinto directing principles

I was enjoying it, mostly for the actions scenes and then it suddenly ended, wtf?

Fan of the original OVA and expected it to be garbage when it was announced. Most of the trailers seemed to lean that way, but a couple looked promising. Initial reviews were surprisingly positive. Took my parents because my mom likes bad scifi like me. We all thought it was great, some flaws aside. Almost saw it twice. But after downloading it and re-watching recently... it's rough. CG doll eyes aren't the problem, it's the awkward dialog, cheap looking backgrounds, and fucking Hugo still. I'd watch the sequel if it ever gets made but I'm sure it'll turn out worse.

>muh mangu
shut the hell up smelly weeb

>its in the top 4 of the 4 total western anime adaptations!

speed racer, dragon ball, GitS, alita? Not to mention how the gap between speed racer and literally everything else is fucking galactic in scale.

It was shit. Generic love story garbage with a retarded kawaii uguu design for alita

I want - no, NEED, to plant my seed deep inside her vagina. Gently grazing her cervix

plant your sneed?

All you need is kill was neat

sneed

garbage

Don't forget Death Note.

I didn't see it. I don't think of it as having much to do with me. I have no hesitation saying Alita threads are the most relaxed and benign on Yea Forums.

i would really prefer to

doesn't exactly count. as first it was a book, then they mangafied it, and the movie ignored the manga.

There was a business on The Simpsons that partly specialized in seed sales. I forget what it was called.

Chucks fuck and suck?

I liked it. RobRod's best movie since Sin City.

It was a serviceable 6/10 sci-fi action movie. Had some really original designs and some cool scenes but ultimately, it was just good.

Alitafags deserve the rope tho.

It was good. I even watched it a second time.

Best movie of the century

Attached: 922B23B2-90AD-47B1-A5DD-3AC1EA46F1B6.png (482x552, 154K)

the hugo character was annoying and dumb

I saw it 45 to 50 times in the theater I lost count

second

It's okay and entertaining but it really isn't worth watching more than once. It's the kinda movie you see at the cinema, have a good time and go home.

It was alright considering it was half a fucking movie.

>I saw it 45 to 50 times in the theater
Did you pay to watch it all those times? Seems like an awful waste of money.

Very good film.

I saw it once in cinema and bought the DVD. Themes were simple and refreshing, it was basically a 1970s superhero film with modern graphics. Pure good hero, pure evil villain, no subversion or stupid shit.

The plot made sense, nobody made jarringly stupid decisions to further the story. Very few films seem to manage this these days.

Wasn't the URM, Alita's true home attacking Earth though?

Yeah I go to the movies all the time anyway and when I really like a movie I can see it a bunch of times

bump

Kissu

Attached: Alita (2).jpg (1008x1280, 83K)

bump

Alita cosplay when

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1561308765635.gif (540x960, 1.99M)

(OP)
Just fucking watched it.
I thought it was like a action packed heavily discounted blade runner, but its an actual SHIT GARBAGE.
Yea Forums has memed me to watch this, another reason to NEVER trust Yea Forums

Attached: 1466333479174.jpg (656x640, 158K)

why? People hate it and never even justify it

fuck off normie zoomer

>a 1970s superher
meme

I just want to love her

Alita carries the movie way higher than you'd expect. Shame sequels are likely dead.

Shit writing
Shit dragon ball evolution tier directing
Shit acting that you know they just do this for the paycheck

>walks into the scene

Attached: Alita-battle-angle-hugo-leather-jacket.jpg (765x900, 73K)

It's not shit.

Best blockbuster in decades. Best big-budget movie of the decade. Has some issues (Hugo is a cunt, the break-up scene is extremely awkward) but overall great.

It's fucking garbage.
Now I understand why they didn't even bother promoting it.

I learned to hate it because of the endless spam on Yea Forums.
The actress is also very ugly (she is genuinely better being CGI-enhanced).

I liked it a lot even if this movie had flaws. But alita general was cringe as fuck.

Bonbita

is2.Yea Forums.org/wsg/1567112500358.webm
is2.Yea Forums.org/wsg/1567112575206.webm
is2.Yea Forums.org/wsg/1566762855870.webm

Attached: bonbita.webm (406x720, 1015K)

>despite being conceptually interesting, main character is completely one-dimensional...her sole motivation is to move the plot forward to the next cliche
>character never experiences anything more than momentary setbacks which are immediately resolved, limiting any emotional investment in her or the plot
>doctor withholds vital information from her about her past, and this is never explained in the context of the movie
>incredibly poor physics in the fight and motorball scenes
>her entire developmental arc is from "winsome" to "badass"

Fairly forgettable. If it weren't for these spam threads, I wouldn't remember it by even now, and I saw it on vidya...

Attached: 1567557560519.jpg (474x474, 117K)

Why do only white people do that face...

user... it hurts so much

First trailer was horrible, MC looked creepy and uncanny as fuck, but after watching an actual movie I really liked her. Story and setting were interesting enough, I even read original manga.
But alita's fanbase is autistic as fuck, I don't wan't to be a part of it.

Attached: 1565122071312.jpg (728x1097, 97K)

It certainly condensed too much material into one movie, the whole Hugo arc WITHOUT Nova would have been enough, no motorball needed either.

is2.Yea Forums.org/wsg/1567544957482.webm

shit

I liked it. It looked good, Alita was endearing and action was fun.

Decent flick, nothing to write home about. Definitely worth a watch for the technical aspect alone if you're into that kind of stuff.

Please, just let me save her

What happened to her?

Pretty much this. It's capeshit tier quality except for the visual aspects and that's because Jimbo is an autist when it comes to that kind of stuff.

idk

I knew absolutely nothing about it going to the theater to see it
We just wanted to see a movie and this looked cool
We all loved it
Interested characters
Wonderful world
Left me wanting more as gay as that sounds but true

Fight scenes were amazing but everything else was worse than the manga. I dislike it.

victim of pedo grooming

Wait what? I know she's famous on tik but when did she get nonced?

it's ok, we saved her before the pedos could touch her

Attached: boxxy.webm (360x640, 2.61M)

Had they kept the story simple it would have been a solid 8/10
They tried to cram two movies worth of story in and it just didn’t work
Having her become OP and knowing her origin halfway through the movie was stupid, it’s like it Neo became the one halfway into the matrix
she shouldn’t have been put into the warrior body until right before the movie’s climax

BUMP

It sucks. In the original comic the Scrapyard City was hell on earth. If you stayed too long you eventually ended up having body parts replaced by cyborg parts until you became less then human. You could understand why Hugo was desperate to go away from all that.

In the movie, it is called Iron City, and it is simply a favela. Ok, maybe you're poor, but you can still play sports and have fun with your friends. Big fucking deal.

It was decent, the giant ANIME EYES weren't at all uncanny valley when animated which surprised me. Had some really good scenes but it was three hours and just sorta ends without really explaining it was part of a set of movies.

>Best blockbuster in decades.
>I've never seen movies older than Age of Ultron

Nice moobie

Attached: 1563053469490.png (56x39, 5K)

>three hours
wait what? I thought it was 2, are you sure you watched the same movie?

Attached: 1555182737200.jpg (539x960, 77K)

It's ok. Honestly should have redesigned her eyes, they're just stupid; as an aside, are they canonically brown? I felt they'd be better as blue/grey/green. Norton seems so out of place as Nova. The fights are slow and not very cyborg-like. I feel it's been overrated by tv.

Yeah, she's got brown eyes in the OVA. And manga's.

The orange/yellow tint makes them look red, they're brown.

Attached: 69899337_10216584862028371_7076568222048190464_n.jpg (500x700, 93K)

What’s truly hilarious is the OVA covered just about the same amount of material as the movie, but in half the time, with breathing room.

The fact the movie is so overstuffed and rushed, despite managing to cover less material is just baffling.

I enjoyed it. It was one of the better live action adaptations of an anime I've seen. Probably because the people making it actually gave a shit about the source material.

Uh, dude, that’s clearly red/fiery, not “spic shit brown.”

You’ve clearly never read the source material

They shat all over it just about as badly as last airbender did. Cited only because avatards cried rivers over that.

It's true, here's another drawn depiction

Attached: 1558506352516.jpg (1280x1811, 547K)

>The fights are slow and not very cyborg-like
This is definitely one of the worst offenders. Characters laugh/scoff at a full human trying to be a bounty hunter, where most criminals will be full replacement cyborgs on cyber-meth, but then in the movie alita doesn’t really do anything ido couldn’t with his rocket hammer, and the fight scenes are all bog standard punch ups, begging the question why anyone would bother with augmentation.

It's called "hazel".

That’s fanart.

Read: a color not possible for spics.

It might be, but it's not based on the film

Painfully mediocre blockbuster that tried to stuff sequel bait and things in instead of being a complete narrative. Waltz performance was phones in. The love interest was incredibly bland.

It felt like I was watching John Carter. You have this complete world. Action. CGI. Sure fire hit? Only its bland, weak, no charisma in the characters.

This

They're are clearly brown you low IQ motherfucker...

Attached: eyes.jpg (509x186, 15K)

Overall a really pretty good kids' movie. Main thing that annoys me is that if they instead made it R-rated and grim and gritty it might have been a real classic, while now it's just "pretty good, hope it gets a sequel".

I admit I only read Last Order, but not the originals. I've seen the OVA and people have told me that's fairly accurate and lot of it was in the movie. You're seriously the first Alita fan that's told me this is as bad as the Last Airbender adaptation. So I have to assume you're exaggerating because they probably changed tiny things and that triggered the fuck out of you. Not the first time I've seen that happen.
Whatever, write several paragraphs of how this movie fucked everything up and I'll grade it in the morning.

Attached: free shrugs.jpg (550x400, 39K)

Still not spic brown.

>I only read Last Order
wat, why the fuck, how the fuck

Calling it Last Airbender level disaster is absurd. Main difference that isn't dictated by runtime is that the movie is "disneyfied": everything is less grim and depressing and more colourful and cute. You can think that sucks and that's valid, but it's clearly an artistic choice that's used consistently. The rest of it is just necessary cuts to cram like three books of story into 120 minutes of runtime.

>both brown
So stupid lmao

The movie is accurate to the OVA, but the OVA is widely held as total garbage, for all the same reasons the movie is garbage. But the movie manages to make everything worse with all the idiotic bits of OC that just waste time and weaken themes/concepts from the manga. The end result being the movie manages to cover less content than the OVA, but in twice the time.

Literally just the capeshit formula of taking a kiddie cartoon IP and transforming it into a live action for "adults".
Not saying it was a bad movie, but it's incredibly forgettable and I don't think I'll need to watch it ever again.

There’s a difference between spic brown and white people brown, my spic friend.

The movie only covers one book. Motorball in the movie is entirely filler, and exists only to replace gladiator combat as the source for parts for grewishka.

What it’s crammed with are sequel hooks and literal fucking filler. Like literally everything dealing with hugo’s mostly OC friends, Chiren, that moronic ido backstory, etc.

really enjoyed it, thought the plot structure was different in that it quite literally is just part 1 of a saga

An entirely OC saga. Cameron doesn’t even understand the character he’s adapting.

As manga adaptations go, Alita was something that made me happy. I was totally prepared to be disappointed with it. It left me WANTING a sequel!

Attached: Desty Nova cosplay battle angel alita.jpg (300x400, 98K)

she really half-assed it

where's the baseball practice shirt? her little stuffed toy?

she's just an insecure spastic child

being around her is a real chore

>Literally just the capeshit formula of taking a kiddie cartoon IP and transforming it into a live action for "adults".
It's the exact opposite though, since Gunnm is a seinen manga and Alita: Battle Angel is a PG-13 movie. They toned down how harsh and violent the source material is.

shallow opinion discarded

Get out faggot.

kys reddit

>If you don't like my stupid movie you are reddit

Nigger he thinks she’s Joan of Arc when she’s a ronin, and he’s barreling forth with that idiotic take.

Well, he would be, if sequels weren’t never.

If there will be a sequel I fear that they are definetely going to fuck it up. Story will drift away from the source material so this time they can't copy everything that worked fine in original. They still can adapt motorball arc pretty close but the main conflict there based on character's drama. There is no big bad evil guy, just a bunch of good people stucked in a conflict. And they chose Jai Courtney for the role of Jashugan, that's just not going to be good. But Zapan actor in first movie was alright, his story is pretty basic so at least I think they could adapt his part normally.

Attached: EDrjDj9XkAANhM3.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

It was better than I expected but my expectations were low. It felt rushed and the romance subplot should have been put off for a sequel. (I know, Hwood would never do this, everything has to have tingle bait).
It could have been better if it was just a surrogate father/daughter story (think matchstick men) and the film should have concluded earlier shortly after the motor ball win. Have more world/character building front loaded.
>But it would stray from the manga too much
Tell that to the Edge of Tomorrow.
Adapt, - Adapt more. "Anime" movie adaptations don't stray enough from the source material and so we get weird pacing shit injected with Hollywood YA cringe.
6 or 7 out of 10 depending on my mood - but I had zero expectations.

I watched this in the theatre with an old friend of mine. Real nice guy, wouldn't hurt a fly.
Afterwards I didn't have the heart to tell him what I truly thought so I just said 'yea user it was awesome, absolutely 9/10'
So I get the kind of crowd this stuff is made for and even though you take it a bit too far, you guys are alright and probably not many of you are transgenders as they are saying.
It's just guys who didn't really grow into men, I think kind of like Michael Jackson, he would've loved this for sure.

What does "1970 superheroes movie" really mean ? You little pretentious faggot

>ywn draw like that
I wish I could reboot my life

I thought the prolonged scene of the mechanical tentacles ripping her pussy up was pretty un-necessary

Anybody can draw like that. It just takes several hours of practice.

He pretty much described what it meant. Simple characters, simple themes.

*thousand

Anti climactic.

retarded big eyes

bump

no u

It looks like incredibly mediocre, CGI laden trash. I think it was specifically marketed as being the "redpilled answer to Capt. Mrvl" while being, fundamentally, the same shit, different asshole.
I have no interest in this crap.

Ah, I've only read the manga in black and white. They were beautifully modelled and rendered, just thought they'd make her more striking if they were a different colour.

Exactly. There's a glimmer of something special in the sewer fight, and a couple of scenes in the motorball sequence, but overall very disappointing use of the source material. If they'd gone for an R-rating with the same visceral depiction as the manga, I think it would have made a bigger impact on the audience.

>I admit I only read Last Order, but not the originals

Dude what are you doing in this thread? Read the OG and get back to us.