Could these be made today?

Could these be made today?

Attached: david lean.jpg (3897x2623, 2.07M)

absolutely not, they're too kino for today's audiences
>too long for contemporary attention spans (even two hour films are regularly being called too long)
>not enough action and when it happens, it isn't some Rambo spouting off quips and one liners
>too many lingering shots and kino monents
>audiences wouldn't be able to figure out what's going on or keep track of plot and characters

what's the last one on the left?

What movie?

Attached: dolores is curious.gif (636x478, 1.1M)

Look at those amazing, natural colors.

Ryan's daughter i would guess. Not that good 2bh.

If you're talking about OP's image, he has:
>Bridge on the River Kwai (top left)
>Doctor Zhivago (top right)
>Lawrence of Arabia (center left)
not sure of the other two

No, probably not. That's a type of film making that's unfortunately not really popular right now. Same goes for movies like Godfather or Apocalypse Now. You know, really long, operatic epics. Those pretty much died in the 80s. You can argue that stuff like Blade Runner 2049 or Batman v Superman or even the last two Avengers movies are trying to be the nerdy genre version of that sort of movie but it's not the same. The closest modern cinema has to those is Lord of the Rings and those were an oddity even in their time.

Attached: foamedium.png (1708x946, 3.47M)

I hope Dune will scratch this itch once it comes out.

I think there's a pretty good chance but it depends on what they'll let him get away with.

>Could these be made today?
Nope and it's pretty much your fault as to why. You capeshit eating mongoloids who give companies like Disney and WB free advertising, keep giving these films 1billion dollar returns

The 80s and the invention of the blockbuster murdered cinema. Capeshit is pissing on its grave. So no more films like OP.

To be honest, I never cared much for the book. But then, I wasn't a big fan of Lord of the Rings either and I loved the movies.

If Dune is successful, do you think we'll eventually get God Emperor of Dune?

Not him but I think so. Just with a different director.

No. People have ADD and drink fucking sugar cum and eat overbuttered shit and candy that causes them to piss too much and sleep in the middle of the film. We're doomed.

>2 hours is too long for modern audience
>end game and infinity war both are around 3 hours each and are the highest grossing films since avatar, a 2'42" movie which was the highest grossing movie since titanic, a 3'15" movie
can you at least put some fucking thought into your post before typing?

David Lean is dead, so no.

yes
and all of them would bomb the box office

They CAN be, but won't be because
is right. Not enough 'splosions for the retards, or "witty banter" for the big brains

The wide panning location shots would have to be cut down for time. The average person is exposed to so much HD footage of nature and exotic locations and architecture that there's not much of it to wow people with in films.

Part of the reason such long and lingering location shots were in old movies, is that people would never have seen them otherwise. But seeing a movie shoot in a location that you've seen a bunch of online videos of already, and try to wow you with it, isn't as interesting.

TWBB did pretty well. I think it just happens on occasion that you get a good director that's also tell that sort of story.

Those shots in particular? Yes, I don't see why not.

>there's not much of it to wow people with in films
Yet Planet Earth is hugely popular. It's just filmmakers being lazy