What's the Yea Forums consensus on popcorn (pronounced pupcorn by New England patricians)...

What's the Yea Forums consensus on popcorn (pronounced pupcorn by New England patricians). Time-honored tradition or haram?

Attached: Movie_Theater_Popcorn_in_Bucket.jpg (720x960, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_pronunciation)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_pronunciation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The consensus is that anytime a region prides them self on something, they become fucking jokes and its usually something dumb.

>heh I'm from New England, so I say things wrong, aren't I special, aren't I QUIRKY!?

Fuck off, its spelled POPcorn. Say it like that. Grow the fuck up.

Attached: 1483497847243.png (476x485, 479K)

They make too much noise inside my head.

fpbp

>its spelled POPcorn. Say it like that
spelling pronunciations are for plebs. Study them (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_pronunciation) so as not to seem retarded

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelling_pronunciation

Shut the fuck up user. This shit aint knife, phone, island. Its fucking POPCORN. Get a fucking personality.

Attached: 1490771209958.jpg (551x423, 54K)

You do not understand. Spelling does not dictate pronunciation. Pronunciation dictated spelling a long time ago.

Which one are you user?

Attached: cunt.png (1711x197, 30K)

I believe you directed this at the wrong post. And I haven't even begun to discuss dialectical variation. To expound on my previous post, pronunciation of a specific dialect dictated spelling a long time ago. Other dialects existed then, as now.

>Hes using google translate now to sound smart.

Honey...

Attached: 1512701483592.png (317x304, 147K)

Spoken like a true culturelet

Perhaps you should study linguistics before you argue about it online. The letter "o" can represent the vowel in "pup" like in "come" in the sentence, "I come in your mother's cunny daily."

>$15 dollars for a large popcorn when you can buy a bag of kernels for $3
I still always buy the large and eat it all

This was a thread about popcorn in the movie theater not about the pronunciation of the word popcorn.

Why not just sneak in the kernels and eat them raw?

mfw I never realize I pronounced it any different than any other part of the country

Attached: affleck smile 1492045780493.jpg (223x286, 17K)

You are very boring and not at all clever or interesting like you believe and I wish you weren't on my website

for me it's how baltimoreians say "papkarn"

Born-and-raised New England kinosseur here. While I've certainly heard many people pronounce it "pupcorn," I don't think it's ubiquitous enough to be applied to the region as a whole, nor exclusive enough to claim that it is unique to us.

Have a WICKED PISSAH day.

Attached: 1505949347651.jpg (349x356, 76K)

>pronounced pupcorn by New England patricians
No we don't

Us kids just cal it the pop

I don't have perfectly aligned teeth so I always get some stuck

Did you know people ate deviled eggs before?

I'd eat a bucket of deviled eggs

I will partake if it won't spoil me supper.