Onions cannot liquefy no matter how thin you slice them...

onions cannot liquefy no matter how thin you slice them. this scene is utter nonsense and contrary to the facts of reality.

Attached: soy.jpg (625x357, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-I2LEB_AxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you aren't taking italian magic into account

That's garlic
also sneed

>onions

Who cares. It’s a movie, it’s make believe
Name a more iconic food close-up shot

It’s not about liquifying them, it’s about releasing the FLAVOR.

>he wastes his only 2 braincells to challenge movie facts that has no impact in the grand scale of things

where can i buy kitchen razor blades?

is there any point to them being liquid, what recipe calls for it

Garlic bait

Liquifying them wasn't literal, it was making them extremely translucent

You're right. Slice them as thin as you can, cook them in oil, you wind up with hard fried oily pieces of garlic.

Best way is to shred the garlic in a food processor and then fry in oil

They don't literally liquify. They're so thin that they may as well have.

Attached: FB6A5040-D569-4111-A2E2-4CC3F0AC1FA9_bypfixyuf.jpg (1200x768, 102K)

>onions

garlic is gross too. what kind of animal puts that in food.

>onions cannot liquefy no matter how thin you slice them. this scene is utter nonsense and contrary to the facts of reality.

Attached: 1566598483514.jpg (454x520, 73K)

do aristocrats really eat steak medium rare?

>vampire detected

Pretty much the whole world

HOH BOOM WECLOME TO FLAVOR COUNTRY POPULATION THIS RAGÚ

I din't put too much unjuns, tree small unjuns that's all I did.

Attached: Goodfellas-prison-scene.jpg (1600x960, 300K)

>put on a watchlist of future Garlic Festival shooters

I just put a whole smashed piece in and remove it when it's burnt and done leaking the juice into the sauce

Gordon Ramsey convinced me that shit would melt if diced into tiny particles but that's bullshit
You'll always "savor" a spoonful of heavy garlicy food if you leave that shit in

>onions
That's fucking garlic. You don't know what onions or garlic look like?

Too soon

I'm italian american and my mom can make garlic melt

Yo you guys ever tried to make carmelized onions? You basically just cook them a long time. Pretty good to put on burgers

It just releases more flavors. Easiest way to achieve this is by simply using a garlic press. You just turn the thing into a paste and that paste releases the maximum amount of flavor. That's literally why garlic presses are used.

Best way is to crush them once whole with a flat surface to break them open and keep them whole. Fish them out when plating or towards the end of cooking.
If you just want flavor and juices and nothing else this is what you do - anything else you are going to be eating residual garlic.
It's also a great way to flavor food for people who get gassy if they eat garlic.

I bet she can, I bet she can

I want to have sex with your mom

SNEED'S FEED AND SEED YOU FUCKING RETARD

I make my spaghetti sauce 5 gallon at a time. Kind of hard to fish out.

>just imagine being so much of a burgerhead to be able to confuse onions with garlic
how embarrasing for you

Attached: 1505628227860.jpg (600x581, 293K)

I was going to but it takes 40min to get that shit right
Fuck spending 40min on a burgah

You're not alone, user. God Himself said that eating meat, onions and garlic is for savages

>unnecessary inappropriate greentext
You have to go back

Ruined the movie for me.

not only this, but another thing that legit ruins the entire movie: Why didn't Tommy just have his mom sew mirrors onto his collar, pop his collar beforehand, and that way the laser beam they put through his head would have bounced off a mirror and killed his attacker. That's what I would have done anyway.

Attached: tommy laserbeam.jpg (1908x1080, 249K)

Made for BBC

What does the british broadcasting corporation have to do with this?

I'm bouta baseball batta this son of a bitches

She could have her own cooking show on TV if she's that skilled of a cook

Your mom is probably a great cook and airtime is to show appreciation

he had too much hubris. his years as a shoeshine caused him to think that his shoes, if shiny enough, would reflect an image of his foes if they approached from behind. unfortunately, his thinking was a little out of order

They’re only available in prison.

Every time I try making a cheese dip it feels like I'm using too much milk
It's always watery with some uneven condensed cheese spread throughout

What should I do?

use less milk?

you haven't posted in a while user, maybe you didn't hear, he didn't shine shoes anymore

">bleh

>OP doesn't know how to liquefy garlic
lol

Literally impossible
Your food could kill a vampire and everyone hates it but they're too afraid to tell you

i havent shitposted in 6 years and you're actin' like a fuckin' jerk

He was only shining shoes because he failed that "sell me this pen" test during that one job interview.

Attached: Pen2.gif (455x262, 3.83M)

take some garlic

chop it finely

next, sprinkle maybe a teaspoon of salt on the garlic

now, using the flat side of the knife, mash the garlic salt mixture

you will form a garlicky paste

put this in the pan and fry on medium heat in olive oil, until fragrant. do not burn.

you have now 'liquefied' garlic. try it.

You gotta melt the cheese at a really low setting for longer. If you try to melt cheese too fast it will burn.
Also, instead of milk, you can use cream, and then add a little flour, that will give it a better consistency.

(formerly chuck)

have an instructional gif

Attached: goodfellas garlic.gif (550x309, 2.55M)

20 YEARS TAKING SHITPOSTS UPTHE ASS

HE SHOULD FUCKIN DIE

Wow didn't know garlic is haram too. What can you eat without angering the god Abdul?

Cooking has the most pseudoscience of all disciplines.

It wasn’t onions Henry claimed it worked with faggot. It was garlic.

>don't salt the meat, salt the cutting board
Cant convice me that's not placebo
People who take cooking too seriously are absolute fags

Kind of like the people who want to turn shaving into an event.

i like the science of it desu

Attached: 1462110735071.jpg (1100x729, 189K)

Looks like what they dug out of the neovagina of a suicide they trolled out of the river.

Attached: walleye-trolling2.jpg (1024x475, 125K)

This was Charles Scorcese, Martin’s father. He fucked up and called Paul Sorvino “Vinnie” before quickly correcting himself in the scene. He himself was playing “Vinnie”. It is not noticeable because it sounded like normal conversation.

>garlic is gross too. what kind of animal puts that in food.

Attached: 1562626529227.png (785x1000, 254K)

Wrong God, faggot

But to answer your question leek and mushrooms are also forbidden

BASED Marie does
youtube.com/watch?v=1-I2LEB_AxY

Attached: Maries Sauce.jpg (472x10000, 3.85M)

Interesting. Thanks for your insight, user.

this thread holy shit

Attached: I+was+only+pretending+to+be+retarded+_82925bcd3ad3f154687d8d37d699b3bf.jpg (645x773, 94K)

Isn't humour based in avoidance of danger? Doesn't this basis make the pretending-to-be-retarded rejoinder meaningless? Are your kind attempting to destroy the human concept of humour? I've been wondering about this for a long time while writing my manifesto and it's really become increasingly difficult to understand. Is it total contrarianism? Don't be funny, interesting, smart, or even try at all in order to make a good post?

Everyone's fighting to be the champion retard.

you get more flavour if it's finely chopped though

real talk that sauce shouldn't really have had garlic in anyway

just make a bechamel and add some cheese at the end

>laser beam

it was an acid spray you dumb fanook

I can't imagine having this bad of an opinion.

i always have fried shallots with my mi goreng, shit's so cash

Nobody cares

While we're on the topic, the Godfather red sauce recipe is also crap. Adding extra sugar when you're already using fuckloads of meat and a splash of wine? No wonder clemenza's a walking meatball.

the goodfellas prison scene was so comfy.

if i was a goodfella i would never want to leave there.

Peel and nick cloves and just toss em in then strain it

This obsession you have can turn into schizophrenia

it would be alright but you have to remember the steak pans were stinking up the joint

not everyone likes eating tasteless food like you, vegan scum

>straining a ragu

are you retarded

Eat my ass

You do

The hacks would die

idk if they "liquefy" exactly but if you slice and dice garlic fine enough it does completely disappear in a sauce. maybe you've never seen that because you're a fast food munching faggot who's never cooked in his life.

That's the first step before making it into a retarded italian chili

I don't get how people can like onions, I've tried to acquire the taste for them so many times. Always fail.

Pretty sure sugar is vegan.

Roux - > bechemal - > add cheese (if the sauce is too thick and a lil' more milk)

Cheese grate the garlic on the fine setting.

Are you non white? Do you like mushrooms?

Based blehposter

He at least uses some actual scientific articles in some of his other videos like the recent one about what exactly is shortening

otherwise, he's just shooting blindly

...so you're not aware of how many rodents and even birds die during cane harvesting?

No and mushrooms are fine since they don't have a sharp, bitter taste like raw onions

>raw onion
not everyone eats raw onions, most people cook em a bit

>He'll never enjoy a raw onion, coriander (cilantro) and roast chickpea salad

Plebian taste buds my dude

>haha le epic confrontational Yea Forums word, we 4channers argue and say faggot all the time, right?
Grow up, kid.

Bleh

Attached: image.png (528x486, 126K)

Bait spawns 100+ reply thread.

Well done OP, well done.

>bait
its the truth though

tomorrow they are going to have sangwiches

>God made onions and garlic
>Lol don't eat them bro! Gross

I will never understand relicucks

20 gauge is cherry on top for this frog image

>garlic is gross too. what kind of animal puts that in food.

Attached: SGODTGPbOP-6.png (300x250, 20K)

Well you like all other Italians are a stupid half arab liar. Go beat up a manlet shop owner and then brag to all your fat greasy friends how you beat up 6 niggers.

You can't liquefy razor cut garlic in a pan with just a little oil. It'll crisp and burn pretty much as soon as you add it to hot oil. The best way to get it as small/thin as possible is to just use a garlic crusher, evenly distributes moisture throughout the mush which helps it not burn, and also takes a split second vs however the fuck long it took that fat guido to slice it with a razor.

wop

Show me a single video of anyone liquefying garlic in a pan 'with just a little oil'. Protip : you can't, because it's impossible.

laughing at you söi ridden shit helmets, I eat raw meat twice a week and I waste no time cooking (aka getting cucked), have sex, have a job, leave your mommas basement incels.

>are you retarded for not magically know I was talking about ragu
I know "autism" gets mindlessly thrown around a lot around here, but this is the real deal.

I, too, eat the rats I can catch and offer the remains to meth whores in exchange for sex.

One of the most common mistakes people do when making sauce is to overcook the garlic by frying it with onions carelessly, then when finished they can barely feel the taste of garlic.

It's a amateur error to use ingredients under hot temperature and end up killing the taste of the ingredient, even worse when it's a expensive ingredient, like turmeric.

Onions do need some heat shock to remove the bitterness and caramelize, the problem is, onions take a bit of time to do that which bring us back to OP.
They didn't really meant to melt the garlic, they meant to extract all the flavor of the garlic, they add the garlic late in the frying pan so that all the taste inside the garlic will "liquefy" into the oil and then they quickly add the tomatoes which will bring the whole mixture temperature down and preserve the garlic taste onto the sauce.

However, italians do that crap just to brag, it's too difficult to get it, it's much easier to just do like said and smash the garlic with a knife, put it with the onions and let it burn in the outside, you'll still lose some of the taste but you'll also preserve a bit in the inside and garlic it's cheap so you can add more.

Attached: flavourtown.png (402x536, 297K)

sup, Vlad

They can't!

You’re a turbo faggot

I didn't even mention how plants are living beings which perceive and feel pain

Faggot

Good. FUCK PLANTS.

You aren’t helping your case.

>perceive
>feel
Nice redundancy

His mom is Tommy's mom in the movie as well. Marty liked casting his parents in stuff, one of his movies is just a documentary of them talking about life as young Italian immigrants in New York for like an hour.

it's called a gem blade. buy it online

Forgot the Oxford comma there. I dislike that you called me out on this. It's irritating

>and smash the garlic with a knife, put it with the onions and let it burn in the outside, you'll still lose some of the taste but you'll also preserve a bit in the inside and garlic it's cheap so you can add more.

that is pretty much what I do. It works I guess and I don't want to taste it too much like garlic in most cases anyway.

actually reading it again I put in the garlic a little bit later than the onions and fry it 1 min max before putting a liquid or other stuff in

In summary: Paulie was a stupid fraud!

You know what? You’re genuine and responsible. I like you sizzlechest.

>what? One dog goes one way the otha dog goes the otha way so what?!

you mean voodoo?

Italians are kind of stupid. It's why their country is the laughing stock of Europe.

His mom is also the voice of Rupert's mom in King of Comedy

Then that's what he should have said.

He's not a real person, autismo.

The sweeter the sauce the better imo. The best pizza I ever had had the sweetest sauce I ever had

Henry Hill is in fact a real person and I challenge you to a duel.

american piece of shit

Commendatori

it wasn't onions you noob, it was garlic, and yes it can. it takes way too much time to get garlic that thin, you cook it low and slow but it will disintegrate. it changes nothing to the flavor, only the texture, and if your garlic is minced fine enough or is soft enough people wouldn't notice it anyway.

This.

Any aristocrats in here?

The scene is magical. Also Henry Hill said fuck all the time, and this doesn't appear in the kino.

Henry Hill also engaged in homosexual sex quite frequently, and this was never mentioned even once in this fine film by Martin "The GOAT" Scorsese.

what would happen?

No it isn’t

cringey science retards btfo by italian

have her post itt to explain how pls

fpbp

amerimutt sausage hands hammered this post

Motherfuckers were getting fresh lobsters and steak, why would they have to slice the garlic so thin?

>trusting the word of an evil, murderous criminal
there's your first mistake.

garlic is the fundamental ingredient in every decent food, without it you are not living a life faggot

Weren't these videos made to demonstrate what NOT to do in the kitchen?
That would explain why she doesn't accurately measure out any of her ingredients, doesn't know how to chop an onion, and just dumps a cup and a half of boiling oil into a pot of canned tomato sauce.