How come the father figure is ridiculed so much on tv?

How come the father figure is ridiculed so much on tv?

Attached: DaddicusFinch_30_09.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

FUCK MEN

> father dumb
> mother breadwinner
> girl likes sports
> boy nerd
> gay friend
> white villain
> black hero
> jews honorable

Death of God etc.. etc...

jewish propaganda

because "dopey husband with sensible wife" is a tried and true formula for comedy seen in shittons of sitcoms, while "dopey wife and sensible husband" would come across as some weird parody of 50s ideals or something

Jews

husbands are abusers

Perhaps they should have planted gummy bears instead

Attached: 79099208-1D32-43D8-BEC6-2EED557F7153.jpg (750x782, 87K)

Bob's Burger's and King of the Hill do the dopey wife sensible husband.

based 12 year old.

Men are funny and women are nurturing. As long as the man is a decent provider he's forgivable. And note that many of the "dumb TV dads" are at least good providers.

If it ain't broke, rip it off

Attached: Happy New Year.jpg (600x392, 71K)

Peggy isn't dopey, she's a cunt

Shes 100% dopey. She teaches spanish and hardly knows it. Goes to a competitive boggle tournament. Bunch of other dumb shit. Just because you don't like the character doesn't mean she doesn't fit the dopey role.

sneed

Based

Peggy is dopey, Hank is really the only one that can do anything and he is usually right, the only dopey part about hank is he is a prude

>Goes to a competitive boggle tournament.
She was actually good at boggle though. The beauty queen one was a better example of Peggy's reach exceeding her grasp on account of her hubris and naivety.

bob's wife is a man. literally voiced by a man

Less a cunt more just a delusional narcissist. She has a wildly inflated ego. Both she and Hank are generally good people but she has that major character flaw.

>She has a wildly inflated ego
just an average white woman.

una sneedo

Hank is also dopey in a lot ways, especially in regard to how he handles his relationship with Bobby.

But that's the good thing about KOTH. Everybody has flaws.

women are goddesses

yeah but it was dumb. Dumb shit like homer being really good at boxing because people passed out from beating him up dumb but in the more 'grounded' setting of King of the Hill it turns into oh yeah lets have peggy be really good at something but it has to be so stupid and obscure... Scrabble? No even scrabble is too popular. Boggle. She's competitive (locally) at fucking boggle.

and bart simpson and bobby hill are voiced by girls? Whats your point? We are talking about the characters not the voice actors you fucking inbred

That's how I always felt but I haven't seen every episode and I feel like mike judge could've probably cucked it up somehow in its long run

well yeah in any sitcom/cartoon the "sensible" character is always going to have an arc where its shown that they aren't perfect, too. I do agree that King of the Hill has it baked it, though. I lived in Texas and Oklahoma for the majority of my life so the show has always hit so close to home

Smash patriarchy = demasculinization. Lefties are satanists that hatr anything sacred, family, trad values and moral.

>She's competitive (locally) at fucking boggle.
It was the state championship if I'm remembering right and competitive Scrabble is implausibly competitive and intellectual for someone like Peggy. Boggle works because it's kind of like a lighter, less demanding version of Scrabble that someone with a not really low, but highly inflated view of their own intelligence (like Peggy) could conceivably find themselves succeeding in and also taking a disproportionate amount of pride in. It was actually a pretty clever choice of game for her character.

Homer also wasn't good at boxing, he was just good at being punched.

Only in comedies.

Most of it is literally just copying Homer Simpsons. The show basically flipped the normal sitcom family dynamic on its head in a lot of ways. Rather than being about the wholesome Flanders-type family unit, it was about the wacky neighbor character and his family. These kinds of characters are often audience favorites in general so the show and Homer became very popular. Other shows, specially live action family comedy shows could then hire actual comedians as the father and you ended up with a lot of very popular shows with well known comedians as leads.

based

based

The father is society, the lawgiver, the leader, the foundation of civilization. To destroy a people, to destroy a nation, to destroy life as we know it they must attack the foundation of the family and replace it with chaos and degeneracy.

>while "dopey wife and sensible husband" would come across as some weird parody of 50s ideals
No, it would just be something that would've aired in the 50's, and on that matter, I Love Lucy still holds up perfectly, dingus.

Attached: 1478573521119.jpg (618x653, 86K)

minoritys don't count.