Hurr Durr why didn’t jon duel him!!

>Hurr Durr why didn’t jon duel him!!
You do realize that would’ve been as bad as what we got right? Its not Star Wars, you retards

Attached: 3494145B-41C8-429F-9791-A663E2D1CD1F.jpg (220x261, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ
youtu.be/VyanTVqlJ2o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who cares

How is that as bad as a gremlin slag stabbing him by surprise?

>why is a cliche duel everyone wanted in a political fantasy show not shit?

You’re partially the reason the show became so unwatchable after S5

>its good because you thought it wouldn't be shit, but it was
Wow my expectations sure were subverted, which makes it good

nth for dany

>The whitewalkers were never the real threat
>Main threat since the first scene of the first episode.

>would have been as bad

I don't think you truly appreciate how bad it was.

I know your next response is going to be something accusatory but Arya dispatching a literal apocalypse is just as retarded too, has nothing to do with subversion. I’m simply stating that Jon having le ebin swordfight is just as stupid, that’s not what the show is supposed to be about

Kill yourself you stupid fucking nigger

You ok buddy?

It doesn't have to be literally Jon beating him one v one, but some kind of fight would have been infinitely better. Hell, some characters fighting him (and dying) while Arya sneaks around and ganks him would have been better.

He basically walked up and allowed himself to be defeated.

>le ebin swordfight
There are several of those in the series though, they totally fit. Not sure what your point is it at all here.

>there are several of those in the show
Yes, several sword fights between people who are human and don’t have magic powers including necromancy. Some kind of fight sure, but an actual solo duel? May as well just make jon a superhero

>May as well just make jon a superhero
lmao Arya got literally grabbed by the neck and still pulled a Far cry 3 ninja move but that's ok

Well Jon was hinted at being part of a magical prophecy, has dragon king blood in him, was brought back to life by the literal god opposing the Night King, and has a magic sword but him fighting an icy guy is just too far fetched I guess

Jon had a solo duel with a White Walker in hardhome AND season 7 you retard

Why do you keep deflecting to Arya? I thought we established that was bad too? Please explain how Jon doing it is any better

Jon doing it is better because its actually connected to his storyline through the series. Arya had fuck all to do with the white walkers, Jon has spent the entire series rallying people to fight them.

>a white walker is the same thing as the literal fucking night king

And even at that it was still an asspull in S7, hardhome made even a regular ww’s fucking tanks to fight just one, now suddenly a literal army can be conquered in a measly fight? Lmao ok

Attached: 6E62AD27-9D3F-4876-997F-FD5248FB2A5C.jpg (2000x1333, 626K)

Because It was actually his arc, D&D literally said they only changed to Arya because everyone was expecting Jon to kill him
NK jobbed harder than a random WW, phoneposter

They should have had the duel and NK should have won. That really woulda blew peoples minds.

>changed NK actor to a stuntman
>never uses him
Bravo

>May as well just make jon a superhero
he came back from the dead you dumb fucking faggot and we wanted him to be directly involved in the night kings fall, even if it meant him winning or losing a fight you subversive dumb living fuck stain, go to bed rian.

Attached: 1567500554144.png (840x567, 32K)

More or less most characters should’ve been killed off at the battle of winterfell, that was problem 1. Problem 2 was little to no interaction between Jon and the NK, but that is not game of thrones by having them have this climatic fight. That is a Return of the King ripoff, jon’s arc was already bungled by not getting most of Westeros in his aid against the white walkers. This is an issue even in the books but there’s only two acceptable endings with the white walkers/others

Either the white walkers outright curbstomp everything or they’re bargained with and go away for another thousand years or so, this fanfic people had of Jon slaying the night king in some swordfight is nonsense

this should've happened, at least that way the show could at least claim it had balls and a unique ending
youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ

Whose saying he can’t be involved in the night king’s defeat you fucking mong? Learn to read first before spewing your diarrhea brain

you literally said a one on one fight is ridiculous. When he has duel whitewalkers in a one on one twice.

but it literally is star wars cumbrain

Attached: 1556519301049.webm (1280x720, 2.62M)

Involved in =/= directly beat? Interesting

Lmao OP sucked a cock once again

Attached: 1565712013210.jpg (255x253, 19K)

no one is saying he has to win the fight, but a direct one on one confrontation was clearly set multiple times throughout the series and even in the actual episode when they are staring at each other, just them a yards away. D&D only decided not to do it for the sole sake of subversion which is bad story telling.
youtu.be/VyanTVqlJ2o
even the fat man thinks you're an idiot

Lord of the Rings is not even resolved with a climatic fight though. The climatic fight is just a distraction to keep Sauron from focusing on the true conflict.

In any case, just subverting something obviously doesn't make it good. Both your suggested endings are fucking awful and boring.
>hurr what if everyone died hahah isn't it edgy and unique

A bittersweet ending could have been had instead of subversion for the sake of it.

What is your idea of a bittersweet ending then since you have it so down pat ? Dunk on me, you don’t have to get specific, just a gist, let me guess? Jon rules while Dany dies, my god, you should be an author!

Kino coming tomorrow

Attached: EDqAN8yWsAEAYOL.jpg (1278x599, 34K)

Nah I'd have Jon and a good portion of the main characters die taking out the white walkers in a huge battle. Night King flying around on the zombie dragon battling Jon and Dany, with Jon giving up his life to stop him. Epic battle plus blood for the edgelords

The whole "well lets see you do better" is a shitty argument though. I'm not a writer for a million dollar franchise. What we got sucked and was done purely for shock value

Attached: 15776295._SX540_.jpg (540x412, 33K)

This is a world where magic, curses and prophecy are the real deal. Destiny is guided, but not set it stone. Even then it takes serious blood magic to change fate as with Dany sacrificing her child who was supposed to be the "Stallion who will ride the world."

If not Jon, then SOMEONE was Azor Ahai reborn. All the signs of the prophecy were there, but it certainly wasn't Arya.

Attached: Lapis.png (729x556, 362K)

Naw bro they shoulda dueled on a mountain top surrounded by ice and fire

cope

Unironically kino

It should have taken all the Starks to take him down.

Sansa comes up with a plan, and they execute.

Bran acts as bait. Theon attacks the Night King, with one goal, to damage his leg. He's successful. Just as Theon is killed, Jon begins taking him on. He's being overwhelmed. Arya does her jump. The NK turns to catch her. Jon gets in a slash on the NK's turned back. He turns back to Jon and stabs him and blood is pouring. Arya tries her dagger switch, the NK doesn't fall for it and is about to kill Arya after stabbing her. Dead Theon on the ground isn't actually dead yet and distracts the NK before getting slashed again and dying. Jon rushes the NK. He uses Arya's body as a shield. Arya collapses. Tears run down Jon's cheeks as his sword glows, giving off heat. Jon seems renewed. He duels the NK and they're evenly matched with NK slightly winning. As the NK is about to deal the defining blow, Arya throws her Valaryan dagger. The NK catches it, but in that moment Jon cuts his head clean off. Arya dies of her wounds. Jon is in critical condition.

That's how you could do a "better" version if it has to be a cliche duel.

Actually not bad

You're a retard buddy. The show was already fucked after season 5, so why the fuck not have a decent scene? Arya was just boring.

Attached: 541654102621.gif (242x198, 1014K)

Absolute garbage clusterfuck that would look shit. This is a visual medium.

mite b cool

The problem with his death it that he could have died just by stepping on a random piece of dragon glass. And with him his whole army gone.

The Night King was an embarrassing non-character and would have benefited immensely from having dialogue.

Just make him appear as his human form in Bran’s visions if you can’t make blue darth maul look intimidating while speaking

Holy shit. I never even thought about this. I can't stop laughing. They could have just crumpled dragon glass into the snow around Bran. Season 8 is such garbage

fpbp nobody will talk about this show for years

Absolutely based, especially because Arya dies. I think normies and bookfags alike would have been fine with this. It would also make Sansa useful for once: Imagine they showed her extending the castle wall in various places for Arya to jump from. Kino

The only better post than this one I've seen is the absolute shlock one where Jaime kills Brienne and he gets a glowing fire/gold hand and returns to full strength, epicly pwning the NK

NKs very existence was cartoonish and stupid. There was no feasible way to defeat him that wasn't going to be cartoonish and stupid. Even in a best case scenario where a Jaime or Sandor deal the final blow, the steps that it would take to get there would not be anything other than cartoonish and stupid.

I’m not telling you to make a better show but if someone gives out what they think would’ve been better then you go “dude that’s shit” then you obviously have some idea of how it should’ve went, hence why I asked. I will say I like that ending better but how is that any different from “everyone dies so it’s edgy”? Does one whole character survive?

>Jon duels the night king but loses because he’s not afraully the one supposed to beat him
>it’s jamie

This would’ve satisfied almost everybody and still been a good enough subversion, good job

NK is either an unthinking machine programmed to kill all humans as efficiently as possible. In which case, there is no way to successfully bait him into a duel while all the others and undead just stand around and do nothing. Or he is an actual character with his own ego and motivations, as eldritch as they might be. If that was the case, there was a lot of characterization and narrative to be told before a duel could take place. It's like when Jackson was gonna have Sauron come down from his tower so Aragorn could battle him one v one, but decided against it. Because making Sauron something tangible that can be defeated in a duel makes him less powerful and less interesting.

Lets be real here, you fucking faggots. Sure, the first 4 seasons were a masterpiece, but the show was doomed from the beginning. They left out so much shit: eurons character, theons character, jamies redemption arc, lady stoneheart, dorne, that other targaryen, etc. There was no winning from the very start, because that is the nature of adaptations- they are inherently anti story (with some exceptions obviously.) Adaptations are best with a twist, because they can never match the magic of the original medium the story was written for. Plain and simple. No use in being upset.

Attached: ihatenoggers.jpg (500x449, 56K)