>told to not read The Final Dossier
>told it doesn't reveal anything new
>told it's not important
>told it's shit
>read it
>it's fucking great
>literally explains the ending
>literally explains fucking everything
What the fuck Yea Forums? Why did you lie to me?

Attached: twin peaks final dossier5.jpg (900x1200, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rLSH-81yT7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've had it sitting on my shelf for 2 years untouched. I'll give it a read.

>Mark Frost
No thank you. Lynch only is the patrician's choice.

Attached: Lynched.webm (1280x720, 1.12M)

> explains
> Lynch
Hahah. Nice try, user

frost fan fiction

What's wrong with Mark Frost?

Lynch takes his work and makes it ethereal, more than what it was before, more than the sum of its parts. Frost then takes this wonderful Lynchian creation and brings it back down to earth, constraining its spirit yet again. That's what's wrong with Mark Frost.

Attached: 1553529337426.jpg (295x293, 12K)

Fuck off Mark Frost.

>>literally explains the ending
imagine being so dumb you need a book to get the ending

Frosted

Attached: frosted.jpg (440x671, 62K)

I didn't say I fucking did, but Yea Forums told me it didn't explain jack shit and if anything it does what this user says and explains too much. The point was that Yea Forums lied, but at least I get why they don't like Mark Frost.

>>literally explains the ending
Prove it

Quick rundown. I own the book, but Im just too lazy to read it.

>Since this doesn’t make sense inside the lines of any rational logic I can support, let me suggest something batshit crazy: What if Jeffries, not unlike Major Briggs a few years later, had gained access to the same system of “portals,” holes in dimensional space that allowed him to disappear and reappear, in places far apart in geographical terms, more or less at will? I’ll take it one step further, Chief: What if these same portals also allowed him to come untethered from time? Wouldn’t that help explain why Briggs hadn’t aged a day in twenty-five years? Could it also explain how Ray Monroe believed that he was receiving instructions from Phillip Jeffries?
>(And as long as we’re skating on the thin side of the ice here, what if this not only made it possible to go forward in time, but also backwards? Could that explain the shock and dismay Jeffries exhibited in your office when he learned what year it was?)

This was already confirmed really with Cooper trying to save Laura Palmer in the finale. Same in FWWM when the above scene when Jeffries asks what year it is.

Meh, I still don't get it.

Didn't stop people from being fucking confused. I loved how many people got fucking lynched with that finale.

The revival is a once in a lifetime thing I think. I'm still baffled Showtime let Lynch go nuts with their money.

The Generals were something else too, actual discussion, theories, funny memes, all around positivity for a show too.

Attached: 1481151555974.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

Was frost even involved with the return? I'm really interested in knowing how the writing process was, because it's so purely lynchian. Yet it's also very structured, there's so much ideas that are obviously just inspired by feelings and dreams, just imagery or mood, but there's also a clear attempt at creating and connecting a meaningful narrative around it instead of embracing the random and self indulgent nature of the surreal process. I've even felt the return was the most narratively clear, cohesive and logical season in the series with something resembling a sensible traditional TV show mythology, despite also being the most surreal. It's really fascinating to me but I have no idea how frost fits into this. I also really wonder if everything was clearly scripted before filming began and he 100% stuck to it or if lynch would improvize on set based on whatever dream he had the night before. I watched some of the 10 hours long behind the scenes extra hoping to see some insight into this but there was nothing about the writing and didn't even see frost on set.

how does it explain the ending

See AND

Attached: file.png (1788x897, 181K)

i think there was speculation that lynch wrote in new shit after the initial script was finished and frost went to write the secret history of twin peaks. would love to see the original script

Hmmm but my anus

I don't think the ending can be explained. There are just too many missing pieces

Why was the season 2 finale so kino?

Attached: why is leland here.png (769x575, 676K)

i love this stuff where people try and rationalise what happens. i like imagining what /x/ and other conspiracy forums would be like in the twin peaks world

Lynch threw a portion of the prepared script (you can look it up) out of the window

Explain the ending then

youtube.com/watch?v=rLSH-81yT7s

The show peaked at International Assassin but the whole thing was great.

That's literally from The Final Dossier
Read the thread faggot

I did read the thread and it doesn't explain anything that isn't obvious from watching the show. We know Cooper went back in time and "saved" Laura.
What was possessing Sarah Palmer and for how long? Were Cooper and "Carrie Page" transported to a pocket dimension/nightmare world, or was it the real world decades later? Why were people with the same names as Black Lodge spirits living in the Palmer house? Why did Laura hear her mother calling her and what happened after she did? Those are the things people are confused about.

Can someone please do a tl;dr of the ending so we can all agree?

I'm mildly confused, and I still love it. It's the general normie audiences that fall into that category.

Yeah, but Lynch mostly just called him up on the phone and they bounced ideas around.

Read the book, user

Not him, but do a tldr of the ending

>That's literally from The Final Dossier
i know

Attached: david lynch doesn't elaborate 1566280964086.jpg (699x435, 26K)