Black L?

Wait a minute, they made L black?
LMAO is this some kind of joke? Did they even fucking read the manga or watch the available anime? What the fuck? Shouldn't he be at least japanese or something?

Attached: fuck.jpg (1400x1050, 126K)

Attached: slowpoke.jpg (1422x800, 97K)

Wasn't this shitshow "produced" by Will Smith's retard zoomer son?

You're a couple years late to the party. Just wait until you actually watch it and realize that L is one of the few decent things about it, and that the rest of it makes even less sense.

>>
Look I'm not mackin on africans like some racist stereotype in alabama. The purpose is to think, does this racial choice fit to a appropriate identitiy? What would happen if Black Panther was played by a white guy? Now that would be some jarring shit. Also, I know its old, but I just wanted to talk about this.
Yea I know, but shit we I just want to bring it up for the lols.

>Shouldn't he be at least japanese or something?
L was not japanese, he was a brit.

L for looser

Attached: 785674784985.jpg (179x282, 8K)

More like N, amirite?

The L stands for all the losses he hands on the racetrack

Attached: TAAAAAAIIIIIILLLLLSSSSSSS.gif (316x320, 1.05M)

>BLACK panther
>entire film has racial plotline
>black panther played by a white guy

>L
>manga fans can't agree on whether or not he's white or Japanese
>has no bearing on the plot whatsoever

Good comparison

Yea, but L was not black in the manga.

this always makes me laugh. haven't even seen the movie either

Who cares lol the manga also wasn't real life and race has no bearing in this fictional world

But surely you see why the comparison to Black Panther in which race is a huge issue is quite stupid

I don't know maybe your right if only the movie itself was good.
Hey this guy has a point, if the whole cast of black people in black panther were replaced by whites, it still could get a political stance either way.

then the casting is perfect

Whatever his name was the guy who took the deathnote was Japanese and not American either. Fuck it its an American interpretation of the story

>80s music starts playing

Attached: 1345287619512.jpg (697x480, 85K)

>Look I'm not mackin on africans like some racist stereotype in alabama
Too late, you are already lumped in with them for not liking the new L.

Ya know, I always thought if they had just tweaked the film enough with, say

>mc is luke turner
>L is actually named O
>set ten years after the end of the manga

You might have gotten a decent movie out of it and 50% of the complaints would be thrown out of the window.

Reminder that they'd still have to make a good movie afterwards, enough to make people interested in the original, but it would have fixed those initial problems.

Still not black nor ugly, Lou Taylor Pucci would have been perfect.

Oh fuck off, you have no integrity. He wasn’t black in the manga, and of all the races in existence a black guy is literally the least likely to be a super genius.