Did Boomers actually like this?

I tried watching this one it just wasn't as funny. The sequel is even worse.

Attached: 12210535.jpg (1000x1500, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_7kg5ZzDZo
youtube.com/watch?v=0Rc6mr8zjEE
youtube.com/watch?v=APlOxgaQajw
youtube.com/watch?v=YrOGeua94FM
youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I
youtube.com/watch?v=BustEdWyqzk
youtube.com/watch?v=Vc5q0U3pERE
youtu.be/6eWsFFQP0gA
youtube.com/watch?v=M30ACuNgKfU
youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0
youtube.com/watch?v=ewFBuYHldeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just pretend they're youtubers

never liked the Waynes World SNL skits but the movies were pretty kino

get out of my face you little dweeb!

Attached: c954e570-708a-4c16-a17a-40fdf0b53c5f_screenshot.jpg (854x480, 22K)

They were the funniest thing to me as a kid. Haven't watched them in a while, so I can't speak to how they hold up.
t. 33 year old boomer

You're 39 faggot

Another retarded zoomie that thinks it's just boomers and them, and nothing else. To answer the question, it was definitely funny. Especially the product placement scene. Only brain dead morons won't see the humor in it.

woah...
a guitar...

Attached: 1531219178-tumblr-nchacnh0pc1qbzvnio4-1280.png (480x270, 190K)

Nope, pretty sure I was born in 85 and I'm 33.

The first one is possibly my favorite movie. Second one is decent but not great, I rarely rewatch it.

31 and watched both a lot. You had to be around when rock music was still a thing. I know you zoomers grew up in a post-napster world where we all agreed as a society the musicians/cd stores/record companies/factories "had enough money" and started stealing music. Now we have to wait 5 years for a new record from big name pop artists and pay $400 a ticket to see them live in a venue where everyone records the show on their phone.

Wayne's World might as well be from 300 years ago.

i would never associate music with waynes world. it's about a man trying to win a girl who keeps straying for bigger dicks and thicker wallets

This is why I love Bill and Ted. Just two honest dudes, who totally aren't fags, trying to do a history report.

Do you think they smoked marijuana? Somehow the sequel to Bill & Ted was only strange because they were suddenly fanatic for beer.

Bill and Ted was better. Waynes World is a shitty ripoff

>Wayne's World soundtrack certified double platinum by RIAA July 16, 1997
>Topped out at #1 on Billboard 200 chart

Personally I hate 'em because...well...Aurora. Every fucking time.

i've heard mike myers is a dick irl
and michael myers is a dick in the halloween movies
is this a coincidence?

Hi 39 year old boomer here is the deal. Entertainment is a language. Its not really about it being funny, artistic or compelling. Entertainment is a common ground like religion for the public to have some discourse. We as children grabbed on to "shawing" for boner. Girls came up with "shawoo" for girl boners which opened a conversation about sex between curious children. Its never about the media. Nostagia is just an after effect that obscures our perception. It was good for it was the language of our youth. We were good the media never was.

I'm 30yo. The first one is hilarious and the sequel is even better. b8 thread tbqhwy.

Nice trips. Yeah, the culture has changed a ton since the movie came out.

You sound like a pedophile.

Reminds me of some pasty white scientology guy who walked up to me with a pamphlet in the History section at a Barnes & Noble one night.

>Bill and Ted
Mike Myers accused Bill & Ted of ripping off Wayne's World, or maybe it was Alex Winter saying vice versa. But somebody was lifting off the other. Yet both are good.

Wayne's World when it came out wasn't really liked by real Boomers who had grown up on Saturday Night Live, most couldn't connect with it. But as a kid I was most impressed by how "crystal clear" and big the movie looked. It's a beautifully shot comedy. And it holds up, its way more innovative and experimental and funny than Tropic Thunder, which somehow is now (((distinguished))) as a classic. Wayne's World was considered annoying back then, with the sequel, doubly so. SNL movies weren't a thing, but they were trying to be the new National Lampoon Movies. The Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy) shit was great. The T-1000 showing up in the sequel is what every kid remembered, that was worth it.

Dreamweaver and Bohemian Rhapsody were huge retro hits, couldn't escape them because of WW.

It was supposed to be dated even when it was out. Wayne and Garth had old and odd music tastes. People thought Queen was a fucking joke.

>changed
Beyonce and Jay-Z were the royal Change Agents.

I'm not even sure who the movie was for anymore. Gen-X and early-Millenials? I know it exposed me to Alice Cooper and Aerosmith.

Public access TV wasn't dated back then. Tom Green's comedy was helped by Wayne's World making it semi familiar.

Not quite as deep as all that. Movies came out. We went to the movies. Products and bands existed they got placed into the movies. We are consumers of products its not all that deep. We would have watched, ate and listened to whatever was given to us. It's not like we made the entertainment. We consumed it.

I think it was supposed to be for kids 12 years old or so. The movies played to a younger audience than the SNL skits.

That was confusing to people then too. Because SNL was still considered a more "adult" show but kids were more interested in the movies. It was almost considered zoomer shit.

Both are really funny. Go fuck yourself zoom zoom.
youtube.com/watch?v=k_7kg5ZzDZo
youtube.com/watch?v=0Rc6mr8zjEE
youtube.com/watch?v=APlOxgaQajw
youtube.com/watch?v=YrOGeua94FM

Attached: waynes-world-glen.jpg (401x410, 95K)

Bill & Ted (1989) came before the Wayne's World movie (1992) but the first Wayne's World sketch on SNL was in 1988/89 so it's hard to pin down which one truly came first.

Bill and Ted had better music.

youtube.com/watch?v=1cEdqWZi13I

SNL was about staying up past your bedtime. Did you see opera man, chris farley, nirvana on SNL? This is only relevant to the mind of a 12 year old. Its always been for 12 year olds. wrong see above. Take of nostalgia glasses. Im giving you guys perspective and you just willfully stay asleep

honestly a movie isn't real kino if it doesn't include a Scooby Doo ending

Okay Nietzche. There were TV segments on E! Channel and shit about how annoying it was. May have been the sequel but still. SNL audience who were parents thought it was dumb af

they're called gen x'ers you retarded piece of shit.

This is probably true because I haven't watched SNL since I was in high school. By the time Samberg was a main guy on there I lost all interest. Really before that when Ferrell left. It's just not worth sitting and watching a whole show of. Probably hasn't been since Myers/Farley/Sandler days.

The Farley/Sandler era was after Myers/Carvey, and that's when normie kids started watching SNL big-time. Wayne's World was a gateway between those eras. Nirvana was after Wayne's World for normies.

I bought the soundtrack at Streetside records in the Mall. It had the horrible Tia Carrerre songs and Alice Cooper and Joan Jett and Queen. I paid 15.99 in 1991 dollars.

CDs were expensive as shit but man the ones I owned I took care of and actually enjoyed.

Samberg ruined SNL. Those faces he made, the gayest shit.

Should have gotten your cassettes from BMG/Columbia House, kids ate free.

Hard to believe with movies like Dumb and Dumber To that they didn't make a third Wayne's movie
youtube.com/watch?v=BustEdWyqzk

Myers cost too much, and Carvey lowkey accused him of stealing bits. He wouldn't share spotlight after Austin Powers.

Mike Myers strikes me as a bit lazy. Another thing with him is the fact that when he does talk Austin Powers anything he always dresses up as fuckin Doctor Evil. Get a clue man people want to see Austin Powers again.

Do comedies like this or Austin Powers even exist anymore?

Yes, because it was for 12 year olds. No one argued that, but so was SNL for that matter and nirvana and all things 90's. This concept of adults scrutinizing pop entertainment is new and a symptom of the internet and nerd culture. Adults never expected too much from entertainment as they had careers and children to focus on. They were the ones making entertainment for kids not the consumers. Normies is what we used to refer to as 12 year old cool kid/trendsetters. Now with the internet we have adult middlemen who act as influencers of entertainment culture. Most people on Yea Forums are too young or in too deep to have any perspective on what is actually going on. We are boiling to a head though as entertainment is imploding. Everything is a rehash and independent people can not be bothered to make entertainment because there is no financial rewards and no reach as the internet has become monopolized and worse yet censored.

>Tia Carrere
>horrible
youtube.com/watch?v=Vc5q0U3pERE

Both movies are funny and very quotable.

>unironically enjoying bohemian rhapsody

Attached: 1458365504820.jpg (2000x1000, 205K)

Kino scene

youtu.be/6eWsFFQP0gA

It's literal flaming homo shit, I get why le wrong generation kids liked some of the shit they did but queen was always bottom of the barrel.

Attached: boomer vs zoomer.jpg (704x904, 193K)

I never ever understood the appeal of Queen. I like a few of their songs, "Tie Your Mother Down" being one because I love playing it on guitar but I'd rather listen to Bob Seger or fuckin Steve Miller.

directed by a woman :)

Attached: crm090118spheerisessay012-1536847041.jpg (640x480, 56K)

I mean its shit
but its kino shit

The first one is anyway

>Should have gotten your cassettes from BMG/Columbia House, kids ate free.

We used to fill out those columbia house 9 CDs for 9cents deals with fake names of literary characters and send it to the college house. So for decades we would get letters asking for famous characters in american lit to pay their debts.

this

I remember singing the gay duo song after church on Sunday to a cousin I didn’t know was gay when i was like 10 years old. Parents really shouldn’t let their kids have unrestricted access to Jew provided media till they are 21

>tia carrerre
>horrible

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=M30ACuNgKfU

when she recorded this the producer in the studio thought she was pretending to be bad.

Yes just like we had no ideas what boners were and had to talk it out to get the meaning behind the waynes world joke. The fact that adults are making the entertainment about themselves starting with lude jokes in animated movies to the completely blurred lines we have today is very dangerous to the youth. We should be discussing how entertainment has hurt us instead of celebrating it and trying to ligitamize it and try and pass it off as art.

>No Stairway
Denied!

live in the now

the movie looks great watched it few days ago on vhs

How can you not enjoy the sponsor bit? It's fucking great
youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

Catchy as fuck but yeah she can't sing for shit

>not doing your quarter annual waynes world viewings

And you call yourself a /t/rans/v/estite

Holy shit that's some based taste user, yes Im not a fan of fag rock neither

>Catchy as fuck but yeah she can't sing for shit

That's because Ballroom Blitz is a cover of the same name by 70s one hit wonder Sweet

youtube.com/watch?v=ewFBuYHldeY

No dude thay's a terrible name to call us by

This is mine. One of my favorites. As a matter of fact I host a quarterly viewing party where I screen the Mike Myers comedy dualogy Wayne's World. I call it Wayne's World Weekend. I usually try to invite casual acquaintances as an icebreaker, and one time I invited a girl I liked from school. Another one of my classmates (we’ll call him John) overheard the invitation, and chimed in with how hilarious it is that I would have an ironic movie showing of bad movies. I stammered a bit trying to explain I actually like the film, but he cut me off asking if he could go, and my crush said that sounds like it would be fun, so I immediately said okay.
At the party, it was an unusually large turnout. I had only invited maybe 5 of my old friends (only 2 came) along with the girl and John. I guess John called a bunch of his friends though, so there was like 11 people there. Everyone kept making fun of my old school 33 inch tube television and commenting on how small my apartment was and that I was using my Xbox 360 as a DVD player. It was terrible. Everyone kept ripping into the movie, but a couple people complained saying it “wasn’t even so bad it’s good”. Even the one friend agreed with them. I kept seeing John whisper into my crushes ear and she kept giggling. Before the movie was even halfway over people started going home, and the girl I was into told me she was tired. John thanked me for inviting him and said it was great I was “coming out of my shell”. I saw John get in the car with my crush even though he came with his friends.

After the movie was over my one old friend asked me in a really pleading way not to invite him to these things anymore. I still can’t watch anything with Mike Myers in it, and I feel the same sick feeling of loss whenever I see his face. I stopped having Wayne's World Weekend, but I contend it’s an underrated comedy.

>watching shit with other people

Who told you to do that bro? Also nice fucking story none of us have real life friends here

why the fuck was Mike Myers blacklisted? He had one flop. WW1 & 2 were great. AP 1 & 2 were great and 3 was okay. He must have pissed somebody off.

Entertainment Weekly and Premiere Magazine, with mature reviewers, started in the 80s. Siskel & Ebert started in the 80s. Rolling Stone had big movie reviews by Peter Travers in the 70s. Pauline Kael started at The New Yorker in the 70s. You're wrong. The Academy Awards were absolutely huge from the 70s till late 90s. Every adult watched the Oscars.

I think he lost complete confidence in himself and stopped writing after The Love Guru bombed and got destroyed by critics. I could be wrong though.

Nope. Jews kept ramping up from Knocked Up and Superbad into Good Boys, and these were sex comedies disguised as teen comedies. Jim Carrey was the last one to do them big time, unless you count propaganda like Borat. I guess you could count Ghostbusters remake. American comedy doesn't transfer well to the Chinese, and Americans are too sensitive and political to watch anything with white male leads having fun and not addressing multiculturalism. Baby Driver was more action than comedy although it has a similar fast energy like Wayne's World.

Bill & Ted Face the Music in 2020 though.

The Love Guru fucked over producers

Attached: 1524351731081.jpg (541x521, 159K)

i read he was difficult to work with and a perfectionist. multiple sources too so might not just be hit pieces like hollywood media puts out when they want to bury someone.

He wasn't blacklisted. The Love Guru wasn't only a flop, he oversaw the entire movie and spent years creating that new character, only for critics and especially audiences to shit on it and him. He was considered cheesy as shit by then. He was hyper demanding on Cat and the Hat, and pissed off execs too.

He's had offers. Iirc, he's only done a cameo in Inglourious Basterds since then, and has remained out of spotlight. But prob prepping a return. He'd be better off playing a supporting role in a streaming series. More like a Peter Sellers role than Austin Powers, which...couldn't be made today after "MeToo." Nor should it.

solid post