ITT: Quest for Fire discussion

ITT: Quest for Fire discussion.
How the fuck have I not heard about/seen this before? Are there any other Paleolithic kino? And how the hell does a director go from making this to directing Enemy at the Gates?

Attached: 59002.jpg (800x1207, 475K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rarbg.to/torrent/3r12xos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_of_fire_by_early_humans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

has anyone else on this board seen it?

No, we only watch capeshit not real movies

I have it downloaded but I've yet to get around to it. Always wanted more cavekino.

Watched this when I was veeery young, 96 baby, maybe around 2k1? Just remember a massive murder sequence to start it and like... alot of fucking moaning and violent desperation.... was it actually good?

Yeah it's good I like the monkeys

Lots of rape and cannabalism. Its not bad.

Watching Iceman seems like a good companion to it

Ron Perlman and funny subtitles, what more to ask

Attached: lx2bcxY.png (1818x780, 3.04M)

Attached: iYV9HPc.jpg (489x670, 158K)

A good director can direct anything.

Take WS Van Dyke, also known as "one take Woody", who could always deliver on time and under budget. The was brought in as a relief pitcher for a number of films that got out of hand.

Attached: W_S_Van_Dyke.jpg (274x363, 12K)

Yes, I've seen it. An interesting movie. Starts out a bit slow, but it kind of grows on you in a weird way.

Truly Cavekino. Was surprised at how great it is. Nothing else i’ve seen on the genre even cones close.

it's a good movie. the scene where he watches fire being made is great even. you should also check out the movie the bear from the same director. a lot of "how the FUCK did they film that" sequences featuring real bears.

The thing that bothers me is this... the dude whose job it is to protect the fire is obviously retarded. He fucks it up the first time, so what do they do?.... they give him the fire again to carry through a bog. Not very smart.

yes i did, now i do monkey noises to my friends.

Saw it when I was very young. I just remember a lot of doggy style fucking.

Attached: MV5BZGJhMGYzZjQtMDUyYS00NzNmLWJkMTQtNzc0Yzk4YTBiNTFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY3MjUzNDk@._V1_UY1200_CR85 0 6 (630x1200, 146K)

Attached: Iceman_poster_1080x1600.jpg (500x741, 105K)

It's fascinating and immersive but scientifically innacurate

This is why the studios love Nolan, he pumps out financially successful movies under budget everytime.

I have seen it. It was very good. Parts of it were filmed in the province of Ontario

Kind of like John Milius with scripts. He is absolutely hated by nearly everyone who knows him; they hate being around him; but when a script is in trouble he steps in and saves it; over and over again.

cant find this movie anywhere

wait wha the FUCK she’s the same chick from Commando?

rarbg.to/torrent/3r12xos

Yeah it's weird as fuck but it's one of those movies you keep thinking about weeks after watching. It's a very elemental movie. Definitely kino.

Attached: Quest For Fire.jpg (1232x2947, 925K)

why can't we go back to the days when a movie could have the tagline "A science fantasy adventure"?
Reminds me of how food packaging has to include a generic description, like "flavored fruit snacks"

>"a postmodernist deconstruction"
>"an accelerationist comedy"
yeah why not

Alyssa Milano was a hot kid.

would this be a good first date movie?
>no dialog, can talk to each other
>sex scenes
>she probably hasn't seen it before
>"it's French!"

>I fucking love science!

Attached: IMG_4914.png (276x337, 176K)

FUCKING DUMBASS

It is kinda spooky that human have been using fire for over a million years. What were we doing for all that time?

brah modern humans have only been chilling for 250 thousand years. Or so the jew scientists say.

BBQ

do you ever just feel uninformed on a topic? There must be lifetimes of material on early man out there

Attached: humans.png (2116x1420, 648K)

yes, and sync your mating to when the cavemen do it

>all those blue links
not doing your homework anooon

gods must be crazy
>close enough

whats this wiki under

I love this movie

tfw when you will never get blown by tommy chong's daughter after suffering a sever bite to your benis

also, I'll probably get shit for this, but it's probably the absolute best example of a hero's journey story out there and
that scene when the main caveman sees the little kid making fire and has his entire understanding of the universe turned upside down is brilliant

probably fapping honestly i mean think about it

Yes, a great movie, hidden gem, underrated
In my personal top 1000 cannon, a movie well worth watching

10,000 year old mudgirls is my new fetish

Why was there so much rape? Are the French really like this?

that scene at the beginning where he just runs up and pumps one into that bitch at the river is chad af

>no kino about predatory neanderthals

Attached: neanderthal_hunting1.jpg (438x585, 50K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_of_fire_by_early_humans

you should read up on the penis shovel shape theory

This is one these movies that seems silly by premise but it surprised me in positive way. It is cinema.

I’m working through it

Best film ending ever? Top 10 at least

That main guy got raped by an entire village of fat African women. I wonder how many kids he fathered.

Based history teacher showed it to us in class once.

10,000 BC

eh it isn’t that good

It's a fantasy, not a period piece