The Dead Dont Die

What the fuck did i just watch?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dead_dont_die_2019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Watching right now and came right in here. Why is there no threads? Torrent released yesterday...

Anyhow, fun parody till now. Cements the idea of Paterson being a parody of slice of life movies.

>deconstruction

Attached: image.png (434x524, 244K)

i watched it in theaters, but didn't enjoy it too much. It was fun and had its moments, but some characters and their choices were just garbage. I think i remember saying it was a 4 or 5 /10

once you realize it's a movie designed to troll/disappoint the modern zombie-obsessed audience, it becomes a lot funnier. Definitely not a movie that holds up to any expectations.

Released yesterday?
No way dude...

>Dude what if like aliens could save humans from destruction but they just like dont because humans are pieces of shit
>dude if you enjoy something in life youre like a zombie to what gives you joy

what? Why do i feel goofy? torrent dropped yesterday, no? Usually we have bunch of threads after that, and there is radio silence on this one. Jimmy boy is well liked here, so i was wondering why nobody cared.

I thought it wasn't being released for a few days. Gonna watch for Adam, he cute.

Garbage.

a true knee slapper

Attached: T.D.D.D.2019..webm (980x550, 2.84M)

tilda+adam, cute

How does a katana behead someone that easily?

Hot

Japanese steel has been folded over a 1,000 times my friend. The only thing sharper is me when I wear my fedora and trench coat.

well, it's a movie.

this wouldve given me a boner had i not fapped 30 minutes ago

Your expectations were subverted (and thats a good thing)

>The Dead Dont Die
No one liked this movie. I completely forgot it existed until now. Let that sink in.
>rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dead_dont_die_2019

Attached: 64536546.png (1502x656, 609K)

this movie completely changed my mind about Tilda Swindon. She was given just as barebones material as everyone else to work with but she actually brought some personality to her character. Bill Murray and Adam Driver were even more lifeless than the fucking zombies in this movie.

it's a great film
if you like cinema from the 1920s

Attached: b4vDcmvp_o.png (1920x1080, 3.41M)

It's the most boring movie I've seen in a long time. Even the actors look bored throughout.

Well that's kind of what they are for

How did Selena gomez character die? I dont mean the beheading but how did she die before that? As she was dead when they found her

zombies
I kept waiting for her to suck a dick. It's the only thing that could have saved this movie, but she never did.

The motel owner got them

Do they show her getting eaten?

The guy who owned the motel knocked.

I had low expectations, apparently not low enough...
Adam Driver was awful like he always is.
Bill Murray has been dead inside for 20 years and it's very apparent he doesn't wanna be there.
None of the dialogue seems natural, there's no story, no payback, no humor, no point, nothing. What a fucking waste of time and human resources.

Webm of her getting eaten by motel owner?

I watched what I was exactly expecting to watch in a Jim Jarmusch movie.

I thought that Adam Driver and Bill Murray made a decent deadpan improv duo in this film. My main problems with it was with character inclusion and writing.
I was hoping that the Selena Gomez crew would be a greater nod towards the horror and zombie films of the 70's and 80's, but it didn't go far enough for me. The kids at the juvenile detention facility were unneeded in the film. The aliens were unneeded in the film, the choices of the woman police officer at the end of the film were unneeded. You could cut out swathes of this movie it felt like

Was the entire thing adlibbed? I left about 40 minutes in

Embarrassing that this was made by Jarmusch.
>if you like cinema from the 1920s
What the fuck does this even mean?

it doesn't show them getting killed

Attached: T.D.D.D.2019.720p.BluRay.x264.DTS-FGT.webm (980x550, 2.86M)

I'm happy I saw a screening for free because the movie was trash. It had great potential too.

lol the entire dialogue sounded like two Cleverbots talking to each other. It was awful

It's meant to sound adlibbed. It's ironic.

The subplot with the kids went nowhere, they just disappear near the end and we never see them again.
The hardware store duo getting all crazy prepared and the one guy being knowledgeable about zombies amounted to nothing as they just get slowly overrun.
That guy in the mountains who just does monologues and watches things from a distance and plays basically no part in the movie. Oh, except for that revelation that yes he did in fact kill and eat one of Steve Buscemi's chickens so, payoff?

They just show up to disarm the hardware store duo. RIP

>It's meant to sound adlibbed
Wouldn't actually making it adlibbed make it sound adlibbed?

Jarmusch meant this to an environmental movie.

I think he tried to make a cult classic, something like Shaun of the Dead, but it just fell flat at every comedic attempt. Kinda makes sense given it was written and directed by a 70 year old.

goddamnit what does it want now

Attached: let_that_sink_in.jpg (1091x1200, 193K)