Is it immoral to make a commercial product out of a real life tragedy?

Is it immoral to make a commercial product out of a real life tragedy?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1920x2560, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N_zO7F_EEXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: tarantino.png (634x935, 1.26M)

no because Sharon Tates IRL sister called this movie an honour to her sisters memory

is it immoral to film the amount of foot footage tarantino insisted on?

Feet deserve love too

the real tragedy is that this reddit colony ate this shit up because it was directed by redditino

hello there, reddit

>immoral

Attached: max3.png (201x251, 14K)

Is that all it takes? What about everyone else involved? What about Sharon herself, who is not here to give her consent?

SNEED
FORMERLY CHUCKS

Are war movies immoral?

Tarantino briefly stopped his own heart with coke so he could ask her permission, but was quickly revived with Margaret Qualley's feet

i hope the afterlife is decent enough that she doesn't give a damn what happens on this beautiful turd

formerly cucks

Only if you are a cuck

There are no morals or decency anymore. Where the fuck have you been?

>alternate history where Chad Pitt decimates the hippies
>alternate fairy tale ending for Tate
>movie reminds us she was more than just the pretty girl who got killed by MANSON (everyone remembers him)
it was good

>the pretty girl who got killed by MANSON
Uh, SPOILERS???

Unironically bums me out when I remember how she actually died. Apparently she was really sweet/shy IRL and died pleading for her baby's life.

Bit late to have that discussion now. WW2 is an entire genre of fiction.

Manson didn't kill anybody

>t.manson

Could Sharon Tate still be alive?

What's weird is in those days these rich famous celebrities lived in minimum security homes with no guards or anything. wtf

Fucking hell this made me Kek user. Loud enough to wake up my girlfriend you ass

Attached: oycp9vjg.jpg (400x396, 25K)

Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained and this most recent film really make me think that Tarantino is incredibly insecure.
>Dude if I was there in WWII i wouldn't just kill Nazis I would carve swastikas into their heads and use a movie to kill Hitler
>Man is I was around in slave times i would kill the shit out of the slave owners, steal their shit and burn their house down
and a more personal bogyman for hollywood
>I would just fuck that Manson guy up! him and Bruce Lee

Bear in mind that Tarantino originally wanted to play the Brad Pitt character in Basterds till cooler heads prevailed.
Me point is that all these historical villians were defeated by actual tough guys, and Tarantino seems to feel the need to outdo them somehow.

Attached: Lauri Törni.jpg (800x876, 173K)

Did you know Lauri Törni moved to America, changed his name to "Lawrence Tierney" and went onto star in Reservoir Dogs, QT's first film?

Attached: LT.png (972x624, 1.04M)

It was a different time in the non-meme way. Hollywood was significantly smaller back then. You have to remember this took place before the U.S. film industry became the multi-billion dollar international monster it is now. Jaws and the era of summer blockbusters was years away.

People were also unironically less paranoid about that kind of shit.

A legit movie about based Larry would be absolute kino.
Noboy hated communists as much as Larry Thorne

Attached: Lauri Torni.jpg (1024x534, 82K)

That too. Obviously the Manson murders totally rocked the Hollywood community and basically brought the hippie era to an end.

It was the last time they were really scared of something.

It's a power revenge fantasy but so what? People enjoy that. The entire theater was roaring when Brad Pitt went to town on the hippies. Just pure joy and euphoria.

I think it's more about the fetishization of violence and he knows what makes hollywood and the hollywood audience click.
he knows that killing the big bad nazi, racist and murderer is what we expect deep down, and does it in the most overblown and exagerated way, even to the point where it seems ridiculous, so that we have that feel-good moment.
the whole movie was about both glamorizing and applauding '69 Hollywood, while on the same making very tongue-in-cheek jokes about the career of actors, the luxurious lifestyle, etc...

He does the same fucking thing every single movie. I know he tries to make it seem like good guys are good and bad guys die, but I guess that's the most superficial analysis you can make.

Yes but Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs were a lot more morally vague and they were better for it.

Anyone else here see this exploitive piece of shit? Perfect example of why Tarantino is a good director despite what shitposters here try to claim. This movie is also served as a great example of why Hilary Duff is where she is and why Margot Robbie is a movie star.

Robbie sucked more dicks?

Oops. Here you go.

Attached: 2AD0E138-774A-4277-A601-D8E1A80CF2BB.jpg (1382x2048, 446K)

Gun manufacturers use mass shootings to sell more guns, you tell me

Yes, Ralph, we all saw your review.

Yes. Bruce Lee didn't deserve this shameful blow to asian masculinity.

Attached: 13024272-b275-11e9-8f9c-a6398a9f90a9_image_hires_141413.jpg (1200x800, 90K)

NOO BRADDU PITTU YOU DISHONOUR MY FAMIRY

Nope. Bottom line is Hilary Duff is mediocre. Margot Robbie is barely even in OUaTiH but she’s magnetic and you can’t take your eyes off her. That’s why she’s a movie star.

Never mind Asians and their masculinity
Bruce worked damn hard to get to that level.

>Is it immoral to make a commercial product out of a real life tragedy?

You could ask the same thing about every war movie ever made.

youtu.be/N_zO7F_EEXw

>You could ask the same thing about every war movie ever made.

Attached: 1564696347923.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

No idea what you’re referring to but I watched that movie on amazon prime the other night and just thought I’d share it as a relevant example of why talent both behind and in front of the camera does matter. Whoever made The Haunting of Sharon Tate clearly wanted to get it out in time to coast on the hype behind Tarantino’s movie.

Does anyone have a decent stream of this yet? I wanna rewatch but I'm not paying twice

Thank you for your service.
(And by "service" I mean "lonely wife", boot-boy)

Attached: herman-smoke.jpg (640x972, 88K)

>is it immoral to wish that a horrible thing didnt happen and make a fanfiction movie about a world where it didn't happen

this is like a movie in which the sandy hook shooting never happened and all the children got to live long happy lives

You're a faggot.

no
imagine not loving pure kino because reddit boogieman

>dude, you can't just glorify martial heroism! all war is a tragedy dude!

Attached: 11286600.jpg (592x570, 62K)

She lives so no

Checked. And yeah she's a terrible actress what the point? Is there beef between them or something?

>>dude, you can't just glorify martial heroism! all war is a tragedy dude!

Attached: please-no-fireworks.jpg (749x773, 87K)

Nah. Hilary Duff recently starred as Sharon Tate in this shitty indie movie that also presents an alternative timeline for the murders but in a far more incompetent way.

>imagine thinking you can cleanly and with impunity and glory kill another person

I have never experienced violence: the comment

(not that I've ever exp'd it. but I do work in an ER where I deal with its aftermath)

I couldn't take my eyes off her feet

How do some people have this x factor while others don't

In the second attack he did stab the old man

based

But he did nothing wrong in the movie

Underrated

Not if you’re a Jew like Tarantino, it would be antisemitic to suggest so.

This is a top tier post. Thanks you.

It's based

AHHHH NOOOOOO BRADUUU PITUUUUU PREEEEZ DUN HURTUUU! YOU RAWR BESSTEST FIGHTA

Attached: 1566931360030.webm (764x424, 2.93M)

RIGHT IN THE YARBLES

For more than a decade a movie about a real life tragedy was the most successful one ever made, so I doubt it.

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

No.

It was a better time.

It was really fucking good.

Brad Pitt and Leo were true fucking kino.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-03-20-at-9.08.07-PM-1fremvs.png (1920x817, 437K)