Just watched this movie

What did I think of it?

Attached: MV5BZGI0NDMwNjAtNGEzNC00MzA1LTlkMjQtYjBkYTZlZjAyZWEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_.jpg (1200x1793, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve5sRV-D820
youtube.com/watch?v=i251IJsxMbw
youtube.com/watch?v=fwFJeJNAzSY
youtube.com/watch?v=wFDhTKORbnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fooken great, watch Pandorum next

Hasn't aged well.
Two jump scares in the first minute.

dont know man. just give us your opinion

the whole movie would have been way better without the stupid cheesy ending.

bros what did he mean by this?

Attached: event_horizon15.jpg (350x285, 29K)

Solid shit. Would love more Eldritch horror type stuff set in space but the modern space aesthetic wouldn't fit.
Seems like each new space movie is either an Aliens sequel or some introspective look into humanity. That or Jupiter's Ascending.

OH MY GOD THAT'S THE FUNKY SHIT

Rare scifi gem: solid story, enough money for sets, practical effects and hire good actors.

Love it

If they removed the black comedic sidekick that the producers forced in and kept the footage they were forced to remove it'd be fucking absolute kino, but at best it's lukewarm kino.
Still in my top 10 though

Lost footage
Want

Was the Event Horizon the best Eldrich style Voidcraft ever dreamed up by a human? The design is so perfect, it does not look like a human construction, it has the the visage of a sickly, dead bird stripped of flesh and left bare.
Honestly one of the coolest voidcraft designs i've ever seen hands down, beats anything by a mile by its sheer uniqueness.

What other ending exists? Everyone is sent to hell to live in perpetual agony?

gonna have to watch this again one of these days. i have a copy on vhs because my parents always liked it and showed it to me when i was a little kid because i liked sci fi lmao

I never thought the comedic aspect was off. In fact it helped set me up for what was to come because I knew nothing of the movie, so the blase first act made what followed hit hard.

One of the only horror films that truly fucked me up. Well done sci-fi horror is something special.

I watch this like every week for years

This. Pandorum is way underrated.

correct, if you liked EH try out pandorum, it's one of those rare horror films with a good ending

Attached: ECseIS-WwAE5SP-.jpg (503x385, 25K)

what the fuck are you babbling about? wtf is a 'voidcraft'

kino

Probably some faggot /tg/ made up term.

I mostly agree, but the part where he surfs the piece of metal back to the airlock is dumb as hell.

The fight scenes in Pandorum are super-shitty thanks to that stupid strobing half-speed technique they used. Outside of that it is pretty good.

Are you being serious or going for the bants?

I thought so

muh 40k

If you're into animated flicks the dead space movies are decent. Not kino but they have some pretty horrifying moments.

100% serious, my parents had virtually no filter when it came to letting us watch movies and tv and stuff, although i do remember they didn't want us watching southpark

I couldn't believe that Paul WS Anderson made a good movie, but then here we are...

My parents let me watch Robocop and Videodrome but Mannequin was too far because it had boobs.

my mom let us watch stuff with boobs and whatever but way way back in the day she expected me to cover my eyes and my dad to fast forward if it was a long awkward sex scene or something
I think some of the first nudity I remember was the sex scene in predator 2 lol

the only fight scene i remember was the one that ends with the little girl and the spear

The ending is far too gimmicky and makes it seem like a tv show episode.

You mean /m/

I'm a grown adult and still got fucked up by it. Can't imagine what my stupid kid brain would have thought. Godspeed

what wold you have done? just had them be lost in space?

Now that we're on the verge of establishing a real space economy, space horror and ftl travel seems too unrealistic. It's like how Shakespeare could set The Tempest in Bermuda with wizards and dryads and assorted fey assholes and that was thematically plausible, but you couldn't do it now.

2nd person to not like the ending. There's an Ellis comic with a similar plot that ends in much the same way. I just don't know what a better ending is.

Not have the crazy dude be the chosen one. Also end with them arriving at the planet instead of secretly being there the entire time and just never noticing that the ship doesn't act like it's in space and the gravity is normal

Attached: MarkofSlaaneshBig.png (319x318, 91K)

He just wanted to destroy that guy's pinup poster. It's foreshadowing how evil he is.

I just saw an 80s flick, Outlander that fits with this. The idea of space as the next frontier to explore seems dead. Instead it's what resources exist

What the fuck. Did you watch a different movie?

I want to see a fan edit that just removes all the shitty fighting. I mean seriously if you just edited it to them running from the monsters, with maybe a little of the killing and such, you'd have an ace horror / slasher movie instead of retarded kungfu shit

Also I didn't know there was a bunch of deleted shit; is that available somewhere?

I'm 40% sure Pandorum ended up with them emerging from the ship and finding themselves on a water planet of some horseshit like that.

the quaid twist was great even if I saw it coming, idk I liked the ending fine

>Just watched this movie
>What did I think of it?

I hate this shit... why do you faggots have to be so fucking fit in / try hard faggots. I'd kick your fucking face in faggot.

I watched this a few days after it was released.
The out-of-place Prodigy soundtrack was painful.
Given the half-decent special effects and profound horror and science-fiction concepts, the actual on-screen horror was on a par with any low-budget flick.
Terrible.
And I mean-terrible.

Haha, yes! I watched Predator 2 with my Dad and it was my first sight of bush. It never left me.

Imagine thinking one end credits song constitutes a Prodigy soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=fwFJeJNAzSY

youtube.com/watch?v=wFDhTKORbnQ

Couple of scenes here:
First one is about 5 mins long. Apparently there's half an hour of stuff that was cut. Paul Anderson says he has the only remaining copy of the full version on a VHS tape somewhere in his house but he hasn't gotten around to having a proper look for it yet.