Now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong here?

Now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong here?

Attached: Ross-Rachel-on-a-break.jpg (564x423, 36K)

They were on a break. Rachel was clearly in the wrong

Rachel for being a sloot

Ross literally went out and fucked someone on the same day

It was Rachels fault

Ross for being an overly insecure beta, his behavior led to the break in the first place

incel

dilate

I hate this show so goddamn much

The fundamental thing is that yes, technically Ross was in the clear because they were on a break and thus not committed to each other. However, the timing in which he hooked up with someone else and with complete disregard to Rachel signaled that he didn't care about her.

So the point being is that Ross just solidified the reasoning for them even going on a break in the first place by his disregard for Rachel as a person by the selfish act of hooking up with a rando

Was this before or after they went on a break? Exactly, after. You can't fault him for getting some rebound sex when they WERE ON A BREAK.

What part of "on a break" don't you understand?

DID YOU SEE THAT GIRL?

I mean who wouldn't take a break for that.

Joey

Attached: matt.png (487x579, 347K)

When Matt LeBlanc auditioned for the role of Joey in "Friends" he only had $11 dollars to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Courteney Cox bought was a car. David Schwimmer bought a hot break.

the whole issue is that rachel never made it clear what "on a break means," it was an entirely self-serving nebulous idea, and if rachel had decided to go and fuck mark during that time you can be she would have said "well we were on a break so it wasn't cheating!"
rachel is also a sociopath throughout the show, although ross isn't much better, frankly they deserve each other.

>the whole issue is that rachel never made it clear what "on a break means,"
On a break means on a break dude

a break from ___?

Rechel is more like a sociotits

After he called Rachel and another man picked up.

Being not on a break

Did a was clearly in the right, the break was her idea not his.

In the absence of clarification it means a break from the relationship. Everyone knows that

100%, Rachel didn't need to keep dating him but she had no right to be angry

Attached: 1567234796110.jpg (458x440, 28K)

Rachel
She said they were on a break and even had dinner with her co worker afterwards

They were both horrible, so Rachel being wrong in that instance doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm glad they ended up together because they were such garbage I wouldn't wish them on anyone else. Gunther dodged a bullet.

Of course the incels here blame the woman

Implying you wouldn't

Attached: friends-quiz-6.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

Explain what Ross did wrong.

what I'm getting at is that rachel was being intentionally vague and intended to interpret "on a break" in whatever way satisfied her personal desires, that's why she got mad at ross fucking another woman, in rachel's mind only she was actually "on a break" while ross was expected to sit tight and wait for her to figure out whether she wants to keep fucking him or to fuck her slightly more wealthy boss.

Rachel got mad someone else fucked. If anything, incels would side with her.

THEY WERE ON A BREAK

Was it before or after the declaration of the break?

it was that night, you know these episodes are free on netflix, until the networks decide to pull another "power move" and further balkanize the streaming services

so after

>it was that night
The night after the break being declared?

Rachel for not telling Mark to shut up when Ross called.

Ross for fucking a girl before even clarifying their status.

Rachel for tl;dr-ing on for 18 pages FRONT AND BACK, making him take the full responsibility for everything.

Why shouldn't you have sex with random women?
No reason, unless you're in a relationship with a woman already, then that would be cheating

What did Rachel want a break from?
The relationship

What is a break?
A break is a temporary cessation of an activity (such as a relationship)

Should Ross have had sex with the Xerox girl?
Not if he was in a relationship, that would be cheating

Was he in a relationship?
No, his relationship had ceased (temporarily)

So Ross was perfectly right to have sex with the Xerox girl, it was not cheating

Not everything is strict rules autist, it would be wrong to go fuck somebody like that immediately

Why? Because of emotions? This is why women shouldn't be allowed anything above lower management positions.

you are correct but remember you are on Yea Forums

Yes emotions, don't live your life like a robot.

I felt an emotion once
I think it was "disgust"
I felt it just now, about you
it was fine I guess

>Don't have an emotional reaction to your relationship ending with rebound sex or you're a robot

This user nailed it: When women ask to go on a "break" they want the opportunity to see if they want to fuck another guy while the boyfriend is expected to sit quietly at home for princess to make her decision.

yes if ross had walked out of the apartment after the conversation where she had decided to suspend their relationship (ross did not want to take a break, he wanted to remain faithful to her), and gone directly to the kinkos and fucked that girl, it would be a little suspect, even though it would have still been keeping in the rules of the deal.
But he didn't do that, the opportunity to hook up with copier girl came about orgnically that evening, and he didn't go through with it until he heard mark pick up rachels phone, essentially confirming ross' fear that rachel only wanted a break so she could fuck mark and work out those feelings, at this point ross thinks the relationship is over.

There's no such thing as a break in relationship, either you're together or not

I'm going to go fuck your mom up the ass, don't get emotional, there are no rules against it

Ross was in the wrong for being paranoid and jealous.
Rachel was in the wrong for treating Ross like a friend with benefits instead of a partner.

Like in most relationship argument,s they were both equally to blame when the relationship failed.

Now Gunther on the other hand, he was a real cunt -

Was Rod a Chad? Chandler was obviously a beta based off that episode he gets trapped in a room with a model and just spergs for 30 minutes and Joey was too stupid to be a Chad, a Brad or maybe even Thad at best

That's a problem you and me would have. It's non of your ex-girlfriend's business and she's your ex if you WERE ON A BREAK

He called her house and a male coworker that flirts with her answered. Rachel should have thanked him for the lesson in humility

Rachel literally says to him "Can I be your girlfriend again?" She knew they were broken up during that night.

uh my mom's not on a break from my dad, that's not OK

She was being cute

Gunther was arrested three years after the friends left New York for a series of rapes and murders of women who looked like Rachel. You can't prove it didn't happen.

>she's your ex if you WERE ON A BREAK
wrong

Richard was the only Chad on the show

Attached: tomselleck.jpg (640x466, 50K)

I hated this show for not letting them ever stay together. But then when Frasier finally let Daphne and Niles get together the show instantly became more boring, so I can see why they would keep teasing the "will they, won't they" storyline until the bitter end rather than let the audience have what it wants. I still hate it though.

nah
I'm sure he fantasized about it and maybe there's a few prostitutes out there with harrowing memories of their mistreatment at the hands of a certain albino john with a taste for brunettes, hard bondage and raw anal but I don't think he'd actually go through with it

that's true, technically the term in that circumstance would be "former girlfriend"

Imagine caring about the relationship status of people who don't exist

Attached: 42659476876.jpg (364x302, 29K)

>Wear the apron and make me a coffee... but make it a bad coffee... And call me Ross
I can see it

meant for

It was bearable up until they had a baby then it just went full retard with the writers finding dumb reasons for them not to be together until the finale.

If Ross was the one who invented the idea of "going on a break" then fucked some random in the same day, then yes it would be an irredeemable actor of betrayal. But Rachel had the idea, she came up with it, Ross didn't even like the idea, and Rachel had a man at her house. Guy's in the clear, she's a thot.

Rachel

>having to endure every retard girl who won't shut up about friends growing up
>decide once I get into my 30s I'm only going to date women under 25
>zoomer women won't shut up about friends

my life

rachel and ross having a baby together but not becoming a steady couple was the ultimate "have your cake and eat it too" moment for the writers

Rachel is such a fucking cunt, why does Ross even bother

Take a break just ,meant she couldn't be bothered to continue the argument anymore and wanted them to sleep on it.

It was not ok to bang the hot copy girl

She's his lobster

no my friend, ross immediately assumed that they were "on a break" as in they were going to take a break from arguing to clear their heads, and rachel clarified that no, it was a "break" from the relationship.

He expected a woman to look at it from the standpoint of pure rationality and legalistic fairness. He didn't do anything wrong morally, but he did do something wrong if he wanted a healthy relationship with this woman at some point in the future.

Less than 24 hours is not an acceptable time to replace any sort of relationship.

do you think Rachel shaved "down there"

I hate morons like you. You don't even remember what actually happened yet still feel the need to spout your worthless incorrect opinion.

whadya mean Yea Forums doesnt actually watch what they comment on?

based

Monica did, Rachel didn't

all women waxed their pubic hair in the 90s and early 00s it was a horrible time

that's your personal opinion, and it wasn't a "replacement" for the relationship, it was a sadness fuck to make him feel better about the fact that, in his mind, the woman he loved since high school just dumped him to fuck her boss.

But she didn;t

yes that's the classic farcical misunderstanding leading to drama that furthers the plot

The "break" is a power move. The psychology holds up. Rachel declares the break to demonstrate to Ross that - in her world - he is replaceable. He's supposed to either beg for her forgiveness, or sit at home while she takes advantage of the break to make him jealous and/or genuinely date someone new.

Ross fucking a girl was never meant to be part of the equation. Rachel takes it so hard because it totally flips the power dynamic. Ross is supposed to be LUCKY to have her because she is objectively desirable and he is just a highschool nerd.

This is, of course, wrong, Ross is an eligible, educated professional. He's a PhD with a good job and son who he dotes on. He's clearly deserible to women, especially younger women looking for grown-up stability.

Ross banging a hotter young woman breaks Rachel because it shakes confidence in her value - vis, beauty. If Ross can acquire sex/beauty elsewhere her position is incredibly fragile. So she acts out.

She's not jealous, exactly. She's just been introduced to the reality of the situation. She's not the prettiest girl in school anymore. She's a college drop out with a menial job, rapidly approaching 30. And that terrifies her, so she lashes out.

After relating her tiresome story to the passenger next to her on the plane, Rachel got an earful from the passenger, Dr. House. "My, God! You're a terrible person! You were on a break!"

huehuehue

Attached: Dr House Cameo on Friends.jpg (777x524, 99K)

That really sucks, user.

There's no such thing as a break.

THIS

>runs away from wedding
>gets with Paolo just because he's good looking
>tries to break up Ross and Julie
>tries to break up Ross and Emily
>says yes when Joey brings out a ring
>then starts dating Joey

Ross tried to hide it from Rachel = Admission of guilt

well I would argue that ross' biggest mistake was not dropping rachel like a hot rock when he had the chance, everything that happens to ross after he fucked that girl is self-inflicted.

Me too and i have never seen an episode. The actors have the stupidest faces

>Ross and Julie
Exactly.

"the break was your fucking idea" and nothing else to say

Ask yourself this, if you or your gf declared a "break" in the relationship, one that arguably wasn't meant to be a permanent break, and she fucked someone literally the same day, would you get back together with her?

If you say yes, congrats, you're a beta. If you say no, congrats you admit Ross was wrong to do what he did.

There, discussion over, right?

They were CLEARLY on a break.

dilate

Woman here.
Rachel is in the wrong

she kept her co-worker orbiter up her asshole all the time and was clearly getting ready to fuck him. ross just read the writing on the wall.

>There, discussion over, right?
no, you're last sentence is wrong

>Ross was wrong to do what he did.
Ross was not wrong in having sex with that other girl. He's wrong in trying to get back together with Rachel

I did this in college. Drunk "break up" at like 11pm...railed a girl who had been crushing on me for two years...got back with girlfriend the next afternoon. Never dumb enough to admit the intermission plow tho

It was so very unsatisfying though. It felt like some bizarro world through the looking glass type of shit. I completely stopped caring when that happened.

Falsehood breeds falsehood user

This. Yeah you can say it was in bad taste to bang a chick on the day of, but she's the one who wanted it, and I'm sure if she had moved on while Ross waited she wouldn't have felt guilty.

My ex and I actually went on a break (initiated by her) and she banged some other dude and I was supposed to be ok with it. When I hooked up with another chick she kept saying how gross it was and wow and she couldn't believe I did that.

it's not difficult for women to get dick. also, women can get pregnant and sex means more to women, generally. the rules are different.

falsehood would be claiming the random was super attractive -- she wasn't. she was a 6 or 6.5. ex/gf was cuter

Ross did literally nothing wrong. Rachel purposefully broke up with him instead of just dropping the matter and talking about it later. She has absolutely zero reason to be mad at Ross for getting some rebound sex.

Her changing her mind later doesn't retroactively undo the breakup.

This is the only right answer. Both of them messed up and are both equally at fault

>you're last sentence
>you're

mhm

omg a typo, you're still wrong

They were on a break
He didn't pick up the phone, Ross just heard him in the background

>sex means more to women, generally.

Is that why most of them have had more of it than you?

"on a break" is nonsense
if a bitch wants to "take a break" you either end it there or convince her otherwise.
The whole situation is absurd because a woman wont want to "take a break"(something that only happens on tv) if she has another guy she wants to fuck. Ross is beta as fuck. This whole thing is make believe.

An assertion without an argument. And, as you can see here:

*wont suggest taking a break unless she has another guy to fuck.

cringe. why do you think gay men have hundreds and hundreds of partners? men give it up to anyone anytime. women with a brain don't--unless they're degenerates who don't care about survival, disease, pregnancy, mental well being

Rachel was being a cunt. She asked for it. When Ross called her apartment he heard that guy in the background. Ross was emotional and thought Rachel was already fucking someone else.

>Rachel for not telling Mark to shut up when Ross called.
>Ross for fucking a girl before even clarifying their status.

Rachel had every intention of fucking Mark.

>Well the camera showed us that nothing happened between rachel and mark so ross should understand that nothing absolutely happened and he was a dick for no trusting rachel.
Given rachel's track record, I would tend to distrust her as well. She was a slut and not giving her the opportunity to cheat is the only way to prevent it.

The thought that she had already slept with someone made ross do it.

Both of them for attempting to have a serious relationship with a friend. It never works.

Both for being stupid cumbrain faggots.

lets assume rachel fucked mark after the phone call and ross went home. would that be considered cheating? i dont think so. it would be in bad test, but definitely not cheating.