Are there pieces of movie dialogue that can compare to the writing of the most acclaimed literary works?

Are there pieces of movie dialogue that can compare to the writing of the most acclaimed literary works?

Attached: 75DF53DC-F369-4966-891A-3F16D573F9F6.jpg (348x499, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yuBe93FMiJc
youtube.com/watch?v=ibVpDhW6kDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=elrnAl6ygeM
youtu.be/mPPGMNOLaMw
youtube.com/watch?v=cwSbRKd_J8k
youtube.com/watch?v=u9S41Kplsbs
youtube.com/watch?v=PcZCGMCDzbU
youtu.be/rvPIjzp9NPc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sneed

No

youtube.com/watch?v=yuBe93FMiJc

Attached: videomoviespeechnetwork4.jpg (1280x720, 544K)

You hear that dad?
You're GONNA PAY
He's a molester
He's a CHIIIIIIIIILD MOLESTER

youtube.com/watch?v=ibVpDhW6kDQ

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

No, don't be ridiculous.

no

"youre a big guy"

nothing like Moby Dick no.

youtube.com/watch?v=elrnAl6ygeM

Attached: 20_Years_of_Alec_Baldwin-f8979560ffdfab2fc8be1be9db906e63.jpg (614x383, 33K)

>dude let me talk about ships and knots and sailing routes and harpoons and shit for 400 pages before the dick even appears

fuck off herman if i wanted to know more about whailing practices id consult ur mom

lol cringe fuck off

Why is film such a shit medium? It has the potential to be superior to literature seeing as how they can incoportate music, have actors convey all kinds of emotion, and benefit from the use of visuals

>He kissed the plump mellow yellow smellow melons of her rump, on each plump melonous hemisphere, in their mellow yellow furrow, with obscure prolonged provocative melonsmellonous osculation.

>Can a man sacrifice his integrity, his rights, his freedom, his convictions, the honesty of his feeling, the independence of his thought? These are a man's supreme possessions. To what must he sacrifice them? To whom? Self-sacrifice? But it is precisely the self that cannot and must not be sacrificed. A man's self is his spirit. It is the unsacrificed self that we must respect in man above all

>how to tell when someone hasn't actually read the book and just repeats things their postmodernist English professor complained about

>typical jew propaganda

cringe

youtu.be/mPPGMNOLaMw

because it's limited by resources and need for mass appeal

anybody can sit down and write a book

oh the irony

youtube.com/watch?v=cwSbRKd_J8k

Attached: images.jpg (202x249, 9K)

The Indianapolis Speech Scene
youtube.com/watch?v=u9S41Kplsbs

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

This thread is kind of a wreck. Is Yea Forums totally dead?

I love this one

I want a moby dick movie or mini series that includes the entire book: the dialogue, inner monologues and soliloquies, with no compromises.

It wouldn’t be possible. It would come off extremely weird and confusing. Half the dialogue is all internal, and then there’s no actor on earth that could do justice to the actual spoken dialogue. Then there’s the random cetology and 19th century boat dissections throughout

Thats kind of my vision. It would be very weird and ridiculously pretentious, but i don't think it would be any more confusing then the book. Ishmael's internal dialogue would be fully spoken. The cetology and maritime stuff would be presented as a sort of documentary intermission with his narration. I would shoot Ahab's soliloquies as if it were on a theater stage. Focusing too much on the actual plot of chasing moby dick kind of misses the point. Use master and commander as inspiration for the base of the show and get weird.

more like my dick lol

>To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.
>Moby Dick

>It's over Anakin, I have the high ground!
>>You underestimate my power!
>Don't try it!
>>AUGH!
>Star Wars: Episode III

youtube.com/watch?v=PcZCGMCDzbU

Should've mentioned the Sicilian's niggery predisposition for violence which is why the Mafia only spawned on the one island with darkie DNA but nowhere else.

>postmodernist
That was 50 years ago, brainlet

We're literally still not past it, though. Academia has been in a downward spiraling rut for over 60 years. Once we decided that the world had to obey a strictly linear "historical" narrative, we hit a point where there was nowhere to "go", as if things of the past that are true can't be "returned" to. What a mess

>not enjoying learning about the sailor's trade by firsthand account
Are you a girl? Because my gf didn't like for the exact same reason.

>HEINEKEN? FUCK THAT SHIT! PABST BLUE RIBBON! YOU FUCK!
Frank was truly based

Potter: [trying to copy Lawrence's snuffing a match with his fingers] Oooh! It damn well hurts.
Lawrence: Certainly it hurts.
Potter: Well, what's the trick, then?
Lawrence: The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

I think Paul Scofield could have played Ahab fantastically - shame it never happened

Here he is in Amadeus for an idea of just how good he is: youtu.be/rvPIjzp9NPc

I own the book in the original 1800s english. Lots of confusing navy speak, especially for a non native english speaker

That's a complete misunderstanding of postmodern historical perspective

paddy is the only screenwriter whos written solid literal dialogue
sadly network and alt states were his only films

>caring about dialogue in a visual medium
yeah, no. go back sweaty.

Came here to post this.

Attached: Alita look.jpg (400x588, 42K)