Has Tarantino made a single bad film?

Has Tarantino made a single bad film?

Attached: kinotino.jpg (1000x1500, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QMI1uQBHUpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: tarantino.png (634x935, 1.26M)

No.

He's made 10.

everything since jackie brown

Django

Why is this film a love letter to Bruce Lee? Is Tarantinos emasculation of him just banter with advanced Bruce Lee fans?

Kill Bill 1 and 2 was unironically in my top three until the Tarantino abuse scandal happened.

How is Kill Bill as a movie?

Inglourious Basterds was an infuriatingly bad movie

death proof wasn't great but also doesn't really count

No, he has not.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was shit. I was extremely disappointed, because if there was one director in the 2010s I had faith in, it was Tarantino.
He could have had a spotless record. Even Death Proof was a good film. But he had to blow it.

Kill Bill vol 2 is he most sensitive film. once upon a time in holly is he most dishonest film. the first 2 acts of django are good, but the 3rd act goes on way too long. needed to have at least 20 minutes cut out

Yeah, all of them.

everything after his first 2 ones is trash

Hateful 8 was the best movie of that year (2017?). Don't care what anyone says.

What do you mean by "most sensitive"? First of all, Vol. 2 isn't a separate film from Vol. 1.
They were filmed as one film, and I count them as one film.
Second of all, if you're talking about the fact that the film undercuts it's status as a revenge film with the final act, that's the point. It's supposed to lead us to hope for the grand finale where she gets her sweet revenge on Bill, only for it to end up being very unsatisfying. It's about the futility of revenge. Perhaps one day, we'll be able to reach the point where we don't NEED revenge.
You can't call Vol. 2 "sensitive" without saying the same for Vol. 1.

Change "bad" to "good"

Literally a boring version of Reservoir Dogs. Its quite comfy though.

that weird as fuck horse dancing ending was cringy as hell

Jackie Brown is pretty bad

A lot of people say Death Proof isn't that good, and I agree, it just feels like a 20 minute special he did, but ironically, it's my favorite Tarantino film.

It's more The Thing than Reservoir Dogs

Why do you think that?

Jackie Brown was boring as fuck but I don't class it as outright bad. Deathproof was goofy but again not bad and technically not solely his work.
Django is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Unironically I don't think any of his films are bad.

It's incredible how many things he's ripped off other movies. From storylines, characters, soundtracks, you name it.

You're so thick.

Why doesn’t it count? I agree with you on not being very great

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Is Jackie brown even good? I haven't seen any nigsploitation flicks to know how much of it is copied or original.
I think pulp fiction and RD are good.
Jackie brown ok.
Kill bill, inglorious, hateful 8, django, are boring.

Jackie Brown is kino and If you didn't shed a tear at the end than you're a degenerate.
>Django is nowhere near as bad as people make out.
People love Django.

How is an actual horse dancing weird or cringy? The german taught him to do that.
That's the whole point of being an artist. Take what you like from things then make it your own.

>Reservoir Dogs
good
>Pulp Fiction
good
>Jackie Brown
good
>Kill Bill 1
good
>Kill Bill 2
good
>Grindhouse
SHIT
>Inglorious Basterds
shit
>Django Unchained
shit
>Hateful Eight
okay
>Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
good

>boring
found the brainlet guys!

>KB2 not boring
The first one is just a montage of old films with their soundtracks. The second is filler just for the ending which is not only boring but the dialogue is pointless.
KB is where Tarantino fell off and never recovered.

>buried alive scene
>pai mei training
>elle/budd/bride trailer scene
>boring
Come on lad

Deathproof wasn't a really good movie. I wouldn't say it was bad, it was just average.

To be fair, I haven't seen either Kill Bill movie since they came out in theaters, but I remember enjoying them both. I'll concede they probably don't hold up well.

This, its the only QT that just bored me and didn't feel it had the same pep as the others.

the stuff with Kurt is some of the best Tarankino ever made

No, none.

Oh, they do. They're the best Tarantino movies for sure.

the definitive take

Attached: tarantula.png (1064x465, 243K)

awful one, actually.

This but unironically. You have somehow got every single film in the wrong tier, good job guy.

Am I the only one who likes Reservoir Dogs the least?

oh it's an actual stream

No, there are lots of gays with terrible taste in movies in the world.

Yes

Indeed, none of those metaphorical streams here.

Death proof is bad if you aren't a foot fetishist

Attached: my-image.png (1007x581, 247K)

Can we all agree that Tarantino dialogue has gradually gotten worse? Not even the best actors can make it work. It's so fucking cringy and artificial. Wooden and childlike. Throwing in a 'nigger' every other sentence doesn't make it any more adult. I did enjoy Brad Pitt beating the shit out of Rice Ree though.

Attached: Capture.png (466x631, 222K)

Probably, but I loved it a lot and it was among my top 3 Tarankinos, but after rewatching a lot of them in the last month or two I see that as great as it is, doesn't compare to some of his better ones because he improved a lot with each film actually and Kill Bill is Quentin at his peak for me, both in terms of his craft and writing and shit. It's a movie that displays what Tarantula does best, and that's intertextuality. He makes his influences more than apparent and incorporates them into his own style quite well, and is probably the best at it. Kill Bill works on two levels, as a love letter to all the martial arts movies and as its own thing. The writing behind it is really tight and has some of the best sequences in any of his films, like the O Ren Shi fight, The Bride finally meeting with Bill, all the Pai Mei scenes, the opening etc. It just the best at displaying what makes Tarantino so great and I love the two movies immensely. They get better with each subsequent viewing.

>. It's so fucking cringy and artificial. Wooden and childlike
Can you give something concrete to explain why it's gotten worse or are you gonna use broad terms that mean nothing on their own?

S
>reservoir dogs
>inglorious basterds

A
>jackie brown
>kill bill
>pulp fiction

B
>OUATIH
>death proof

C
>hateful 8
>django unchained

out of all of them I did not particularly enjoy Jackie Brown too much, with the exception of Pam Grier, and Bridget Fonda’s memorable performances. I only watched it once though a long time ago and want to give it another watch again.

I can imagine two guys having a discussion about a footmassage. Kill Bill had some horrible dialogue, but maybe that's a hommage to the genre, I don't know. Waltz speaking to the Belgian farmer or speaking to the Marshall was horrible in particular. I know it's a movie and the dialogue takes place in a seperate universe, but it didn't flow in the way a natural conversation would flow. No one speaks like that, and no interactions go like that.

Again, can you say anything concrete or can you just repeat the same thing over and over again?

I can imagine two guys having a discussion about a footmassage. Kill Bill had some horrible dialogue, but maybe that's a hommage to the genre, I don't know. Waltz speaking to the Belgian farmer or speaking to the Marshall was horrible in particular. I know it's a movie and the dialogue takes place in a seperate universe, but it didn't flow in the way a natural conversation would flow. No one speaks like that, and no interactions go like that.

It's the latter then, eh? Have it your way.

You want me to look up actual dialogue? You've seen the movie. You look it up, I'm not your fucking maid. I don't give a shit about the burden of proof. You post some good Quintin dialogue from Kill Bill, Inglorious Bastards or Hateful Eight then.

Jackie Brown is fucking trash but everything else is kino.

This is a terrible opinion.

Lmao, do you always cower away like a little bitch when someone puts you on the spot? All you've said so far amounts to nothing other than you whining like a bitch about it, as opposed to giving actual criticism as to why the dialogue in said movies is bad. If you don't like being called on your shit, then don't engage into discussions when all you

How is Jackie trash? It's his most mundane film visually, but everything else about it is great and it's among his better movies.

based bumper posting contrarian opinion to keep the threat alive

He has only made 1 masterpiece (pulp fiction). The rest is 7/10 at best

Django and Hateful 8 are both far worse than Jackie. You are just a MUH EPIC TARANTINO BASED ACTION reddit pleb

Reservoir Dogs

mate, you broke the 4th wall and undid everything said contrarian set out to do

why?

I love Yea Forums

>Speak English!
Dr.SCHULTZ
Oh, I'm sorry. Please forgive me, it is a
second language. Amongst your inventory,
I've been led to believe, is a specimen
I'm keen to acquire.
(to the slaves)
Hello you poor devils. Is there one among
you, who was formerly a resident of
The Carrucan Plantation?
Since Roy in lead position is the one holding the lantern, the second
half of the slave centipede falls off into darkness. In the darkness a
VOICE rings out;

I didn't even have to look hard. I'm sorry if you think this isn't grade A piece of shit forced dialogue.

It was boring. The plot was uninteresting and had no particular direction. 70% of the film is the same shot of a warehouse's interior. It was a snorefest

Never thought I'd see the day where people unironically acknowledge jackie brownshit. It's by far his worst film and to say otherwise IS the contrarian reddit.

>It's incredible how many things he's ripped off other movies.
When Quentin does it, it's a "tribute". When anyone else does it, the lawyers get involved. It's his best plot twist.

All of the Jackie Brown and Hollywood praise is pseud nonsense. The movies were mediocre and that's that. It's funny how low people are willing to put their standards now.

Opinion disregarded

Attached: NoMrPotterIExpectYouToDie.gif (628x412, 3.5M)

This guy gets it.

Swap the Kill Bill flicks with Inglorius Basterds and this would be objectively correct

I thought h8full 8 was dull. Literally wild west resarvoir dogs

It was supposed to be about the dialogue/dynamic between the characters. That’s why it was shot mostly in one place like hateful eight.
The story is about trust.

You asked me for an example, I gave you one. It's purely subjective of course. But you keep on bitching for three posts about how I'm vague. So, if I may be so bold, to demand of you the courtesy of granting me the honneurs of receiving your most forthcoming insights of which I will not undoubtetly yadda yadda yadda shit. Nigger. * waves hands. You get the gist of it. It's fucking terrible and he should have someone else write the dialogue for his movies. Or at least shapen it up a bit. There are tons of examples where his dialogue just doesn't work. Regardless of era or genre or universe. You can call me vague all you want. It's shit dialogue which comes across like as second or third draft. I do enjoy his movies, but the dialogue deducts from it. Reservoir Dogs, Pulp fiction and Jackie Brown all have little pieces of idiotic dialogue, but it was easy to forgive. He went full retard ever since Kill Bill. Specifically the dialogue, yes.

t. jew

I see where you are coming from, and maybe if I rewatch it from that perspective I might rate it better. I've seen it twice and each time I saw it I found that most of the dialogue was along the lines of ''How do I know you aren't the rat?'' and ''That's what the rat wants us to think!'' which makes for fairly dull dialogue

If by "correct" you mean "as wrong as it is possible to be", then yes, yes it would.

I haven't seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood yet, but all the contrarians can go kill themselves. Tarantula's movies are all great movies.

Attached: r91idWlr.png (512x512, 588K)

But that's exactly my problem with your posts, I don't get what you're bitching about and all you're saying is vague shit that could mean 10 other things, so I seriously don't know what the fuck you're on about here. Hateful Eight was peak Tarantino in terms of writing and the man never lost his touch, quite the opposite. He has gotten better in it, as shown in IB's opening scene and the bar one, also most of Hateful Eight. And people that bitch about Tarantino's usage of the word "nigger" are blowing it up and it always tends to fit the scene. The only moment I found it a bit annoying was his cameo in Django, though I haven't seen that movie in a while so perhaps I'd have a different opinion on it on a rewatch. I'm not saying Tarantino writes the best dialogue ever and that you should be blowing him off for it, but I think he's still great at it and don't see where you're coming from. So there.

Haven't seen Hollywood, but how is Jackie's praise, that there isn't much of anyway, pseud praise?

What an infantile opinion to carry.

seethe harder you fucking walnut

What's bad about it?

hateful eight sucked, django sucked

I found Steve Buscemi character and acting to be a little over the top. Keitel and Roth’s performances are worth the watch alone.

It’s a film that needs a second or third viewing so you have a better understanding behind the intentions of the characters.

Who agrees reservoir dogs was worlds better than hateful eight? Practically same format just different time periods.

>I found Steve Buscemi character and acting to be a little over the top
There was nothing over the top about Buscemi as Mr. Pink.

I actually prefer HE

Maybe you are right, he was written to be paranoid I guess, Buscemi fit the bill.

I often feel the characters would not speak to each other in that way, the way in which they express themselves in their dialogue doesn't match their characters. There's a forced sense of decorum and politeness and it doesn't add up for me. The people I'm watching and the things they are saying are like two completely different worlds to me. You can blame it on the actors, but I don't think anyone could make that kind of dialogue come to life. It's not spoken language. They speak with each other like you would when writing a letter. Only they are reading it out aloud.To each other. Compare that to Deadwood for example: when you see those lines on paper, that must be a bitch to make dialogue like that come to life, but it works. In Tarantino movies,the actors can't make the lines work. And why? Because the lines suck and his characters are piss poor written. Haven't seen OUATIH yet, so I'll reserve judgement, but I hope it has some nice, natural flowing conversation. Not gonna lie: the trailer looked horrible.

Yeah, his paranoia fit the character and came off naturally once they arrived to the warehouse. He was really restraint in other scenes, say the opening one or when he asked why should he be Mr. Pink, so I don't see why you'd call it over the top. Madsen as Mr. Blonde was the closest to that description, and that was only because that was his character - a psychopath that likes to indulge himself, as seen by that torture scene.

It is mediocre and people act like it is some underrated gem. It was okay but nothing special. People like to use it as the go to "yeah liking this film makes me unique. I'm cool because I dont like any of his popular and newer films". It comes across as being contrarian.

Being contrarian isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I know what you're getting at considering there's a lot of RLM drones on this site, but Jackie Brown is a really subdued, and weirdly enough, mature film from Quentin. It's not as in your face with how stylish and self-indulgent it is, nor is it epic in its scope or whatever, it's just about an unfortunate event the main character got herself in and the way she schemed her ass out of it and it's fucking great. Why do you think it's mediocre?

t. samefag retard

Jackie Brown is different, because he didn't write it, it's based on an Elmore James novel. It's mature because he didn't write it. He put his spin on it, and he lucked out on the casting and the chemistry between the actors.

I know it's an adaptation of a novel he loved, but he still adapted it and made it into his own creation so you're undermining him unnecessarily so. And the "he lucked out" part is fucking bullshit and you know it, if you think otherwise than you just have an obvious hate boner for Tarantula.

When I said over the top it’s just my bias toward the character. I just didn’t particularly like him. He was very obnoxious at times because of his whole paranoid nature. Just made the viewing experience annoying at times and takes away focus from a scene. That was Tarantino’s point I suppose.

I didn't like Inglorious Basterds and I haven't watched The Hateful Eight.

I would like to know more. What other movies have and haven't you watched?

>Has Tarantino made a single bad film?
the question is did he get to cum on Uma Thurman's toes or not.

I haven't watched most movies I think.

>the dialogue is pointless.
youtube.com/watch?v=QMI1uQBHUpA

Reservoir dogs is one of the shittiest movies I've ever seen. Garbage from start to finish. I'm still baffled what people like in that and how the fuck is it so praised.

What would be wrong about it you cunt pleb

Death proof is trash

As is inglorious bastards, it has two amazing scenes with the intro and the bar scene and outside of those its garbage

Attached: 1503068015165.jpg (512x512, 50K)

the Slave one was garbage
The car one was garbage
Jacke Brown was bang average
the vampire one was fun but massively flawed
Basterds was shit and boring

its shorter to list his good movies: Dogs, Pulp, Kill Bill and the new one

Attached: PREEEEEE.gif (288x136, 669K)

Enlighten me, user. Which films do you praise?

You just posted one friend

Django is the best

Attached: D3B39034-4A57-4B15-8B69-BD551E2E9B35.gif (400x162, 1.21M)

>Yea Forums unironically believes Tarantino made From Dusk Till Dawn

kys

Has Tarantino made a single good film?

What did he mean with this?

Attached: Margaret-Qualley-Feet-4379344.jpg (1920x1080, 90K)

if you count FOUR ROOMS which is a gigantic turd, though only partly his fault but what he did with that is awful

Attached: download.png (1064x716, 226K)

ching chongs btfo