/fmg/ - Filmmaking and Screenwriting General

so how's your script/movie coming along Yea Forums?

Attached: 1422300134684.jpg (620x310, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/9zzjrB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sneed

based

I was filming last night funnily enough. It was just em and the two actors who didn't know each other in a public space (we had permission). I ktept talking non-stop about incessant shit because of the adrenaline and I didn't want the actors to feel awkward during the silences.
It was an experience. I'm glad it's done with.

This is my favourite dead general

We need a Yea Forums meetup so we could film together

Been inspired by Yea Forums to revisit my dead Enemy Mine remake screenplay. So maybe good maybe I'll totally lose interest in the project and feel like shit about myself for a few weeks.

>Yea Forums meet up
Judging by the other ones I'd rather not. /fit/ and /k/'s were fine but I doubt those board would be.

Its sucks that a film board doesnt talk about directing and stuff. /p/ has a pretty decent resource in their video general

>3 hours of autistic teenagers and doomer manchildren arguing over who gets to be director, who gets to be DoP and what the script should be
>then the subject of racism, sexism and diversity gets mentioned...

discord.gg/9zzjrB

people from the fmg discord worked together on a shoot in new york recently

It makes sense. Anyone can do photography just by snapping pics with their phone or their parents' old camera.
Videos require actual discipline and it's considerably harder to make one that's not shit

>tfw start writing script I’ve been visualizing for a long time
>tfw it sucks

Fuck!

first draft always suck

Revise it until it's less shit. Or start again. This isn't a setback, it's the opposite

How did it go?

good, they shot for 14 ish days with a 20 man crew. think its in the edit now.

I’ve written two features, written and directed two shorts, the newest one just wrapping up post after nearly 9 months. I’m too brain dead to come up with a new feature idea but I need to in order to pad out my portfolio/reel with something smaller scale and accessible. Stressed as fuck desu

Not very well. 51 aborted attempts so far according to my archives. I'm sure I'll revisit them someday, just like I haven't revisited my 1,618 other incomplete scripts (according to my archives). Instagram is just too interesting. I hate modern times.

I have a good idea for a script and I'm half decent at writing, but I feel like it's not worth it because it'll probably never be turned into a film.

write it anyway. It will be a nice experience for you. Or at least do a detailed outline and a list of scenes.

This. Plus if it’s food enough it can land you more work on different projects

Thanks Bros. I’ll do a rewrite or two over the next couple of days