Mel Gibson to play Odysseus

thegww.com/exclusive-mel-gibson-to-play-odysseus-in-new-warner-bros-pic/

Are we even worthy of a kino like this?

Attached: 24-mel-gibson.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/11250317-the-song-of-achilles
youtube.com/watch?v=MS4jk5kavy4&t=7m15s
fdareview.org/issues/theory-evidence-and-examples-of-fda-harm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where is the resurrection, you faggot cuck

>loose adaptation
>penned by a woman
Into the trash it goes, women don’t like or appreciate Ancient Greek literature. This is going to be woke Hollywood garbage

lol holy shit that's perfect casting...

truely blessed

Attached: 1560348065861.jpg (812x1024, 192K)

I wish we could get his viking epic Berserker before he gets too old and loses his bite or kicks the bucket.
>penned by a woman
ok, all interest lost immediately.

cringe inducing incel

Easter next year.

t. Whiteknighting brainlet

Written by a woman and Jeremy Doner. You people are so tiring

If Odysseus is 80 years old, is Telemaque going to be like 55 years old ?

Mel Gibson is perfect casting for literally every male character, find me a cast in which he wouldn't excel in and make the film an instant classic?

Attached: Mel Gibson Quote.jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOT YER PERFECT ODYSSEUS RIGHT HERE ALREADY

Attached: sean bean troy.jpg (448x662, 69K)

Just not the right fit.

Fucking based

it's probably just going to focus and expand on Ulysses returning home and having to take it back (which I'm fine with but that's pretty unambitious)

>tfw no odysseus sequel with sean bean

>Ulysses
kys potato nigger.

NORA
O
R
A

he never said that

It could be inspired by the Tennyson poem where Odysseus finds he can't go back to normal life and rounds up the boys to go on one last adventure until they die

>FLY NOW, CUNT! FLY AWAY!
t.Based St. Mel

Could be based but I'll wait for more information.

only homosexuals and incels want a Odysseus flick real men want the adventures of diomed kino

Attached: Diomedes.jpg (400x602, 33K)

based mel mywifeson

goodreads.com/book/show/11250317-the-song-of-achilles

It little profits that an idle king,
By this still hearth, among these barren crags,
Match'd with an aged wife, I mete and dole
Unequal laws unto a savage race,
That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me.

>not having read the odyssey and the Iliad in Greek
I pity you

Attached: D740ED3C-9459-47D3-BDCF-76486873A809.jpg (650x433, 37K)

Here you will see the leftist foid to rabid sóyboy cycle in its entirety

Attached: DA96091F-C996-4113-BF74-ECD6C924DD05.jpg (996x820, 586K)

Attached: 8ABC962E-8D81-4A99-A2FB-3BDC25D7235B.jpg (1064x1211, 509K)

Attached: 47BC1E1C-B6C2-4FB6-80A2-A912E59E4125.jpg (749x426, 78K)

20+ years late. Odysseus isn't 60 years old.

I wanted Hugo to play this part ages ago, now eve he's getting too old for the part.

Attached: Wolfman+Los+Angeles+Premiere+Arrivals+fLi0gUCAKWHm.jpg (360x240, 26K)

Attached: 627642C1-0E4C-45C6-B721-B43CDAF6EB6E.jpg (1070x1041, 424K)

Odysseus was literally 14 years old during the beginning of the Odyssey, how is this supposed to work?

wtf are you doing here

Attached: 52AD4098-39B7-4211-BA4A-806575943F52.png (701x147, 21K)

Ulysses return was Tarantinoesque and definitely worth its own movie.

The fuck are you smoking? He was married with a newborn boy

Attached: 63774690.jpg (600x457, 45K)

gosh i know i cant even right now

Telemachus was 10

>Dissing Fagles

Why? How fucking petty can you get?

Idgaf about that I want his Viking movie. Fuck.

So the war took five years and the journey back another five? Fine, ten. Been a while

But Odysseus didn't father a son at 4 years old

Attached: Hugo-Weaving_2009.jpg (630x392, 39K)

You're forgetting that Odysseus takes the form of an old vagrant until the very end.

The age is inconsistent, he's said to be 14 at some places, at some 19, which is still weird because who the fuck has a child at 9. But then again it's just a story.

Is nothing sacred to these people?

The Iliad literally takes place in the ninth year of the war. Odysseus was gone for 20 years, enough to be considered an old man by the time he returned.

How am I forgetting that?

Attached: hweaving5.jpg (418x600, 63K)

It's perfectly acceptable for a 63 year old to play that part. Not that Hugo Weaving is much younger.

Oh I see. Yeah, the story has had multiple authors tinker with it and some end up ruining it.
Fun book for that.

Attached: Mason - Lost Books of the Odyssey.jpg (434x648, 65K)

what even is this bait

>The Odyssey is like so dumb. Odysseus has sex with like a ton of girls but he's going to kill Penelope if she's not faithful? That's not very feminist, Ody. You got some learnin' to do.

>Now for today's thought bubble: a little tiny Lysistrata figurine. Oh Homer, we can't possibly hold you accountable for not being a feminist in ancient Greece, after all, it's not like feminism existed back then, oh wait, it totally did, you misogynist pig.

>Back to the Odyssey: is Penelope the true hero of the story? Yes. Yes she is. That's all we have time for today, be sure to like and subscribe and buy tickets to my new movie: The Da Vinci Code with Teenagers.

youtube.com/watch?v=MS4jk5kavy4&t=7m15s

Attached: ya lit.jpg (491x367, 133K)

>I wish we could get his viking epic Berserker before he gets too old and loses his bite or kicks the bucket.
Gibson is all in on the stemcell therapy stuff, even got his father on it and his entire Joe Rogan interview revolved around it. Fucker is going to live to at least 150.

He disguised himself he has no powers of transformation

THIS! This is the version I read. He left Telemachus a newborn baby. Thank you, user was leading me on

It's just not common for people to live that long back then.

I was being baited. He wasn't gone ten years.

Great. Now write a teenage sex scene with the empowered female characters.
Extra credit: include Cheerios

Don't post this faggot here.

>screenwriter - ann peacock
>credits include lion, the witch and the wardrobe and Kit Kittredge: An American Girl

>screenwriter - jeremy doner
>credits include the showtime movie 'Legend of the Lost Tomb'

is there such a thing as talented screenwriters anymore?

It should have been SEAN BEAN. With Mel as director.

i've heard it

>t. brainlet
They hire literally whos when a director, actor(s), or producer(s) want max control over the script. It's a good thing, specially if Mel Gibson is on board.

Greek Mythology Cinematic Universe when? Jason and the Argonauts would be the big crossover event where he recruits Hercules, Odysseus, Perseus and the other heroes (loosely adapting the mythology)

>Greek Mythology Cinematic Universe when?
just watch Lanthimos films

Attached: thekillingofasacreddeerlimited.1080p.bluray.x264.mkv_snapshot_01.15.31_.jpg (1920x1040, 234K)

>Ulysses
Jesus Christ you normalfag cuck nigger

WHERES MY VIKING MOVIE MEL

We already got that with Armand Asanti's Odysseus shacking up with Vanessa William's Calypso.

I don't get the reference.

Wut?

Jesus fucking christ.
Why even bother reading ancient greek lit if you're not interested in its meaning?

>traveling to third world countries for cheap thrills is the same as being forced to neighbor next to third worlders
Why aren't women smart, lads?

Can women come up with any examples that aren't pop-culture caricatures?

go away namefag

>It's just not common for people to live that long back then
Bullshit. The number you're referring to is the AVERAGE lifespan, which is brought down by infant mortality rates. People lived as long then as they do now.

Don't respond to tripfags. They will only breed if given (You)s

WHERE IS MY BLAS DE LEZO MOVIE MEL?!!

I’m just giving my reason for why a geriatric actor ought not play the part of a 40/45 year old.
Have you even read the book?

You his daddy or something?

butty, go back to Yea Forums

Is it possible this masterpiece can be dethroned?

Attached: 47AF1C6F-5FD9-47C2-AD0C-D11B4CE39A69.jpg (1000x1500, 244K)

Bean is kino but he's tied to the "realistic" adaptation where there were no gods or magical creatures.

That worked for Troy because the war was a big enough plot point to build a movie around, but too much crazy shit happens in the Odyssey for it to be turned into just a historical epic with no supernatural elements. Better to start over.

Attached: 1485887360931.jpg (367x384, 34K)

They should use the unmade Nicholas Meyer script for this, but won’t

For a 90's made-for-tv miniseries that was pretty good. I don't know why they don't air a rerun of it every once in a while.

Attached: 1517471775605.png (780x433, 150K)

What actually became of that Rothchild movie? Or was it another fabricated controversy?

>it's a "realistic" monster free adaptation

Fuck sake

At least we still have this kino. Charybdis is fucking terrifying in it.

Attached: 81p05Vvv8UL._RI_.jpg (1600x1200, 456K)

That and the Storyteller are the best Mythology.

>loose adaptation
oh fucking hell NOO!!!!!

>>penned by a woman
fuck this

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE THE SAME ACTORS FROM TROY. DESPITE THAT FILM BEING UTTER SHIT THEY/ARE GREAT

COX IS MADE FOR THE SCENE WHERE HE DESCRIBES HOW HORRIFIED HE IS HE DIED BY HIS WIFE AT THE DINNER TABLE

Attached: 1550274337271.jpg (900x600, 109K)

>written by a women
>Penelope will suddenly be a super strong warrior just as strong as Odysseus (but when they spar she beats him)
>the suitors now mansplain things to her and she accuses them of gaslighting her to believe her husband is dead

>Berserker
Based.

Seriously though FUCK the FDA, they have literally killed millions of americans and leftists still support them due to "muh regulations"

fdareview.org/issues/theory-evidence-and-examples-of-fda-harm/

Would Mel sign on for a leftist mockery?

>Jane Ellen Harrison
>Edith Hamilton
checkmate incel

This. Women have no understanding of Greek concepts, or heroic concepts and honor.

That sounds fucking awesome.

Just tell me it’s not the “Tell me about a complicated man” woman

>tfw Brad Pitt was already shitting on asians in Troy (troy was located in asia minor making its inhabitants literally asians)

>penned by a woman
Oh no

>muh jews are evil but praise this kike on a stick gibson
Yikes.

Fuck off nob, I love my European history and I HATE it with a fury when ((they)) fill it with “minorities” and woke shit. I blame leftards and woketards and femitards, not all women.

Attached: neat.jpg (600x589, 46K)

Americans ruining everything, business as usual.

Or a female, like me, sick of incel shit. We love this stuff too, don’t let American libtard shit rot your brain.

This faggot writes YA crap. "Young Adult" authors are authors who weren't good enough to be major leaguers who think they're qualified to tell you what is.

Attached: 1537190552809.jpg (1021x1024, 122K)

>le epic meme xD
You sure showed me big boy.

Anyway, without letting trash derail the thread, I hope the rest of the cast is up to Mel’s standard and we get no woke casting. Not even one.

Into the trash it goes desu unironically famamalam

>Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I wound up stranded on this island for 10 years.

>love this stuff too
A fan response to a fan mentality.
Women belong on the purchasing end of all art and nowhere have they proven otherwise.

Drop the bitch and let Mel direct. Or just let him do his VIKINGS movie with Chris Hemsworth and maybe Jason Momoa

Attached: 5To8tFC08EhM1gRvrjnTZqesBSK.jpg (600x800, 65K)

No dear, I actually studied Classical history and I write novels based on it too. Grow up.

What a catty response. Pathetic.

Attached: Marlboro.jpg (233x261, 16K)

It was within Mediterranean domain though, not far east, but still okay

Attached: 1535794947761.jpg (782x788, 321K)

women are awesome and you should feel awesome :3

>and it avoids the kind of ye- oldiness
Reminds me of pic related.

I will never understand this. Why try to bastardise something that is already written?
If you hate and loathe it so fucking much, why not simply avoid it? It is clearly not for you. Why do these people feel the urge to ruin and destroy established and cherished things?

Attached: yolo-juliet.jpg (1024x675, 84K)

>NAXALT fallacy
>grow up
this is why people mock women. You cant handle bants and you still believe that the genders are equal

I'm falling for bait here because surely you can't be that retarded. Either that or you didn't read it.

Mel is literally the only light left in Hollywood. Once he's gone there will literally be nothing to look forward to in the industry.

I wish based Mel was my dad.

Hes discribed as older than most of the warriors in the illiad.

Holy shit just noticed that thats the dude from judge dredd

bold.

Attached: 1564798493760.jpg (550x327, 153K)