Is pernicious garbage the new glib facsimile?

is pernicious garbage the new glib facsimile?

Attached: 83D5B223-18AF-49D3-969A-5D025B894C71.jpg (1242x461, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/reviews/joker-movie-review-2019
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Comedy_(film)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not pernicious nonsense
FAILED

Attached: j__frank_parnell__repoman_by_sagg-d3c43j9.jpg (550x850, 204K)

*puts down thesaurus*
Heh... pernicious. That's a good one.

He's right, the whole fucking plot is out there if you want to check his claims. For a site that criticizes bad writting on capeshit you sure were quick to defend this one despite not seeing it.

>RogerEbert.com
They should really have just let that web site become an archive of Ebert's reviews, not wear its skin after taking out its festering flesh like they're doing with it now.

The whole review doesn't make much sense.
>(the director got a lot of money from) those “Hangover” movies—which some believe have indeed contributed to the lack of civility in etc.—
What the fuck does that even mean?
He then claims it's not woke as Taxi Driver or The King of Comedy, therefore it's bad because it exploits similar themes merely for shock and violence.
It's like some kid dissing an artist's music as "commercial" without providing any sort of argument for it.
How any of this shit is "pernicious" I have no idea.
>rogerebert.com/reviews/joker-movie-review-2019

You know what, Matt? You are GLIB. You are GLIB.

Spoken like a true Perfidious Albion.

hey glenn

what does pernicious even mean, does anyone know?

Attached: 1520308569692.png (240x232, 51K)

Pernicious is definitely more commonly used in normal conversation. Not that many people use glib or facsimile that's why it was so funny. Also, it was way briefer.

Bad or harmful. I suspect he originally wrote "toxic garbage" since that's a common expression these days, but then decided he wanted to spice it up, so he looked up toxic in the thesaurus and came across pernicious.

idiot

this

Attached: 1450310344404.png (598x713, 71K)

bad, but only *I* can see how bad it is.
One of the most pretentious words a critic can use.

glib facsimile

Have no fears we've got maymays for years!

Attached: marge becomes a robot.gif (480x362, 1.78M)

Lucas should not direct anything. Kershner was the god-king of directing "space wars for children"-style movies.

You're barely using the word facsimile correctly.

>as social commentary
why cant a movie just be a movie?

Why would anyone ever even need to use that word?

They were trying to make it social commentary. Ask the people who made the movie.

Because it's a valid word that describes something, ofc differently from how dickfuck OP applied it.

deleterious

My assumption (correct it if it's wrong) is that Nolan made Batman social commentary, and they are trying to double down on that in order to make some dough. Nolan may be an ok social commentator, since he's a bit smarter than the average bear (though he was born in England, he was raised in my hometown of Evanston, the premiere suburb of Chicago, Illinoise) but he is not the best at directing. Bane?

English has more words than any other language. Of course most of them are never going to be used.

And people wonder why the English are so arrogant...

Do we want something to be rotten or fresh? wtf is this?

Attached: 1563890577247.png (1051x1524, 493K)

do you mind if i save this rare wojak?

No my good man you have my permission. But please answer me do we want a movie to be fresh or rotten I don't understand.

Judging by the lack of interest in this thread, I'm guessing we're over Joker before it's even released.

WHAT DOES ROTTEN OR FRESH MEAN THOUGH.

>Nolan made Batman social commentary

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

See this response which I typed up all by myself (No, my mother did not help me, in case you were wondering)

He tried to make it that, though. Have you never been on Yea Forums? Have you never heard of gangweed? Have you never met Veronica?

rotten = bad

but yeah, if it's rotten Yea Forums will like it even more
we're contrarians, ya know?

Thanks nice debs cheke too

THANX FOR CORRECTING THE RECORD

Why can't it be October Fourth right now??

Can you even imagine what will be happening on this here websight on that date? I can't even imagine it.

>the movie is good but i don't like the people I imagine are going to like the movie
>rotten
Yep that's a disney shill alright

it's literally a capeshit remake of Robert DeNigro's King of Comedy:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Comedy_(film)

so? capeshitters don't know anything anyway.

Ohhh but when Marvel do their 'reinventions' everybody claps

Attached: 1554342138616.jpg (208x242, 7K)

is that a wax figure

PERNICIOUS

Attached: Vvyu0.png (350x188, 103K)

nice

Attached: 1509292930828.png (1017x904, 1.21M)

You realize it's a reference to another review, of TFA,right? you stupid newfag

>2/4 ratings

when did such low divisions on stars become a thing, out of 5 should be the minimum

faggot

Attached: 1450529543815.jpg (371x162, 12K)