Are video game adaptions ever good?

Are video game adaptions ever good?

Attached: Screenshot (43).png (720x722, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/681794-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/63993925?page=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Boop

I don't typically care about race when translating other media to film.

But goddamn, Snake is literally Kurt Russell for most the series.

Get Kurt's overweight son to do it, put him on that Marvel fitness program and zip him off to Shadow Moses.

But Solid Snake is Caucasian.

Netflix Castlevania was p good by the 2nd season

He's actually a hapa

Why do you people keep posting these awful fake news articles when its not funny
>2018

They're clones of a Caucasian. It doesn't matter whose eggs they used. I know that Vulcan tells Solid that he's got the "blood of the east" in him, but somebody told me that was retconned. I don't know if that's true or not.

He's always been half jap.

>it's a /pol/ incels fall for a fake article thread

This is so fucking fake. It’s a Sony property

He's never been half Japanese. Wouldn't bother me if he was though since he doesn't look like it.

>I know that Vulcan tells Solid that he's got the "blood of the east" in him
Pottery because his "father" is also Kojima

He has, mate. Stop talking shit, aye?

He might be part, but certainly not half.

Master Miller is a Hapa

>DSP moving up in the world.
Good things come to those who put in the work!

Source: my ass

This might not be a good source, but these nerds discuss it here:gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/681794-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/63993925?page=3
>Yes, the eggs were enucleated, but like I said previously, the clones would inherit the Japanese egg donor's mitochondrial DNA (mDNA), which has a different set of DNA from the nucleus. That would give them Japanese mDNA, but insignificant enough as to not change their appearance. So technically they can be considered PART-Japanese (not half), but they'd still be 99% Big Boss, having nuclear DNA identical to Big Boss's, which is why they're still able to be considered clones.

Not perfect 100% clones (especially with that whole dominant/recessive gene split between Solid and Liquid), but not too far off where you can't consider them clones.

Eva was a surrogate mother, eggs were from Japanese woman. However eggs were enucleated (nucleus removed - I don't know it's a videogame) because les enfants terrible was supposed to be perfect or near perfect clones of Big Boss. If it was otherwise and they kept the full Snake and Co. would be just normal people.

John (Big Boss) is 100% All-American.

It was retconned.
Big Boss was also originally half jap but they changed it by MGS3

Only if they just embrace how shitty they are like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat

NETFLIX STOP DESTROYING EVERYTHING WE HOLD DEAR

It depends what genes dictate race. Sure, race is polygenic - - but a lot of what mDNA constitutes is very basic, and I don't think there's anything in mDNA that clearly contributes to race, so I wouldn't say Snake is partially Japanese based off this.

>*smoke crack to reveal lasers*
>live in cardboard boxes
>father abandoned him
>kill his own father
>blame everything on his government
>villain is blonde aryan with english accent (liquid)
Nigga Snake could actually work.

>All this arguing about Snake's race
>Nobody bothers to check to see if the article is real.

Mgs movie was announced 2 years ago brainlets

Its written by Phillip B. Noir
He's a solid journalist

We know it's not real and we don't care. We're talking about whether or not snake is part Asian.

Nice bait
>Phillip B Noir

I'm on the kiwi. I know about the DSP.

He is, his bio-mom is Japanese.

(Not Eva, she was a surrogate)

>we're just Yea Forums tourists and want to shit up Yea Forums
good shit carry on

Scroll up. He's not half Asian.

based thread

He doesn't have a mom he's a clone

He's not a 1:1 clone of Big Boss. This comes up directly as a plot point in MGS4.

He was born from the combination of Big Boss' DNA, a Japanese womans eggs and Eva as a surrogate.

Attached: 12341234.gif (380x290, 65K)

DSP is a Kiwi only thing
Cringe and newfag pilled

The mom's cells don't have a nucleus, otherwise he wouldn't be a clone duh, and mitochondrial DNA in the eggs cells don't contain any factors associated to race.

I can't even imagine a MGS film. I

Do you think mtDNA composes 50% of a person's DNA

It came out in 2008

This nigga only wants white roles or what

Imagine that some Latino openly wants the role. Latino-race changed snake vs White supremacist Liquid.

and Zendaya as Meryl. Or the new Little Mermaid girl. And extra Chinese OC for Chinese money.

And somehow, SOMEHOW they'll make it about orange man.

>Chinese oc

Ahem.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Sounds good.

Metal Gear is unique because it was made to BE cinematic. Also ushering a new way to approach the design and execution of videogames.

>black guy
Why

Attached: 1549732330643.jpg (900x900, 55K)

He literally has a codec call where he says
>I never told you I was Japanese..

*part
He's not half Japanese.