The master

>the master
>her
>inherent vice
>now joker

so it’s confirmed, he is and always has been the goat

Attached: C0571DCC-ABE7-4EB3-B394-12961BDF6FA6.jpg (1365x960, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W1gRdpVnx9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>U Turn

vegan faggot, look how old he looks

Attached: vegans old.png (808x745, 778K)

Its his forehead, not him

Notice how OP only posted reddit approved IMDB picks
not actual cinema like
>The Immigrant
>Irrational Man
>You Were Never Really Here
>Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot
Fucking pleb shill

KWAB

Fuckers in school telling me, always in the barber shop Joaquin ain’t bout this, Joaquin ain’t bout that My boy a BD on fucking Lamron and them He, he they say that nigga don’t be putting in no work SHUT THE FUCK UP! Y'all niggas ain’t know shit All ya motherfuckers talk about Joaquin ain’t no hitta Joaquin ain’t this Joaquin a fake SHUT THE FUCK UP Y'all don’t live with that nigga Y'all know that nigga got caught with a ratchet Shootin' at the police and shit Nigga been on probation since fuckin, I don’t know when! Motherfuckers stop fuckin' playin' him like that Them niggas savages out there If I catch another motherfucker talking sweet about Joaquin I’m fucking beating they ass! I’m not fucking playing no more You know those niggas role with River and them

Irrational Man was fantastic, most likely Allen's last great one

gyllenhaalfags absolutely seething

He's a shitty actor but a likeable guy

based and kwabpilled, vegans age like shit

you should already have know he was goat when he played Commodus.you pleb.

He and DDL are the best actors of the last 20 years and no one else are even close. Casey Affleck the closest but hes far away

He's a likable actor but a shitty guy

>He's a shitty actor

Attached: images.png (211x239, 6K)

Inherent Vice is trash though

Don't forget Gladiator, also is this movie any good?

Attached: p14834818_v_v8_ad.jpg (960x1440, 260K)

I liked it.

>the master
>her
>inherent vice
Who apart of 20 autists have even heard of the film?
>joker
Have you even watched it? What's with you retards claiming it will be a masterpiece when the trailer perfectly showed it'd be another liberal propaganda piece of trash movie made by a jewish director whose only known for making dumb comedies.

Is it bloody? Like Drive?

Yikes

The director cuts away from most of the violence or shows it from far away to try and avoid a stereotypical celebration of violence

>Who apart of 20 autists have even heard of the film?

doesn't posting disingenuous bs online get tiresome at some point? there are only so many (you)'s you can get before you have to wonder what you're doing with your life

>forgetting about gladiator
It's a popcorn flick, but his performance transcends its stature.

Attached: gladiator1.jpg (496x327, 35K)

>Who apart of 20 autists have even heard of the film?
Are you kidding me? I wont say he's a well known actor but those three movies aren't that unheard of.

>tfw just realizing that Phoenix's involvement gas almost no bearing on the quality of the film
Good actor but most of work is shitty arthouse that no one cares about a week after release

pretty much none of his work is arthouse

he had to drop weight because of joker, cuck

No its shit. But JP performance is good

Please. He is one of the trendiest actors to praise working today among the entry level "cinephile" demographic. The 18-24 year olds who have decided that they have grown out of IMDB and have now graduated to r/film.

Let's look at his films in the last few years
>Inherent Vice
>Her
>The Immigrant
>The Master
>I'm Still Here

I challenge you to find a more r/true film upvoted "mom I've totally grown out of Tarantino and A Serious Man is now my favorite Coens brother film" fedora flicking letterbox'd dick sucking level series of films for any one actor in that time window. Children of Scorcese and Tarantino the world over who are now in their early 20s are lining up to declare him their favorite actor. I see him for what he is. A meme product. Shilled to me by wannabe "cinephile" fanboys fueled by second hand opinions with zero formal background in the medium. The Phoenix fan has not bled for cinema.

How was he in Signs?

Walk the line is good

>Gladiator
>Her
>Two Lovers
>The Immigrant
>You were never really here
>walk the line
man this bloke was confirmed goat long back

Inherent Vice isn't even top ten Joakinos. Don't know why you listed it.

you talk shit about the master ill break your fucking legs

Fantastic.

Don't forget Quills.

Attached: 2999319005_f29e162740.jpg (333x500, 25K)

It's shit and his performance is shit.

No, this is GOAT

pig fuck

This should be pasta

on the off chance you're serious, who would you consider to be a great actor?

He decided to become the GOAT in honor of his brothr

Her is the most overrated trashpile i've ever been memed into watching. fuck you.

these are the people posting right now, you're arguing with them right now and getting called a retard by them right now user

You are fucking retarded. Its about the performance you fucking juggalo and regarding depth, nuance and authenticity he is unmatched.

i always wonder who people like you consider a great actor than. Cassel?

i think Joaquin is a great actor, i just think Her was shit. it's a movie for middle class millennials who buy new tech to watch and feel deep and "muh relatable". it's shit

literally the exact opposite of what you just said. the guy is a fucking weirdo freakshow

the aesthetic alone made it a 7/10

Joaquin Phoenix is a big mac. He gets marketed to you as a gormet burger because he has been utilized as part of the "prestige farming" range of big macs. But at the end of the day he is just another product sold to make cheetos bags russle and fedoras tips.
Phoenix in The Master and soon to be Joker. Pratt in GOTG. It's all the same meme just in a different flavor. You're getting cucked all the same.
>Based mads
>based jake
>based goods
>based oscar issacs
>based fassbender
The list goes on. No better than Sandler or DiCaprio. Only difference is they're being targeted towards your memetic demographic.

>all people ITT forgetting about his rap career

So this is at least the second time you've posted this least, and I want to point out that Oscar Isaac really isn't like those others.

>The Phoenix fan has not bled for cinema.
BASED

>Not mentioning Gladiator, or Walk the Line
Zoomer fag. I agree with your opinion, but your list is as zoomer as you can get.

He is old, and in character, moron,

All of movies he posted are still good. Stop projecting faggot.

>cleverly left Dano off his list

That is just objectively wrong. There is a distinctive quality to certain performances. The amount of detail, the precisiveness, the grade of transformation, the truthfulness, the lense-awareness, the concious, obvious choices and the channeled, unconcious ones in gesture and mimic. That is why this shit gets trained and learned over a longer course, why Klaus Kinski is not Paul Dano. Your view and perception of artistic expression, reduced to meme-culture is just low grade and sad.You are engulfed in internet culture and meme-thology that you do not consider that there are inherent qualities and that cultural digestion via memes does not equal the interpretation of artistic depth.

You are way dumber than you think, my friend. And your opinion is shallow. Go out and talk to more people, you pseudo-enlighted dumb fuck.

PSH and Joakino managed to tell an entire story out a completely plotless 2 and a half hours of movie, stretched out among only half a dozen different scenes
it's not only character development on PTA's part, you could give those parts to some other actors and the movie would suffer

>There is a distinctive quality to certain performances. The amount of detail, the precisiveness, the grade of transformation, the truthfulness, the lense-awareness, the concious, obvious choices and the channeled, unconcious ones in gesture and mimic
Because his marketing team told you so? He has no screen presence whatsoever. He was absolutely embarrassing in The Master. Completely out of his depth and straining as hard as he could to "act" and he still looked like a little boy. Any time you're asked to take him seriously as he squints intensely at you the film is a failure. Only times I've ever gotten any enjoyment out of his acting is when he's meme acting to the extreme like in I'm Still Here or Brother Bear, and even that enjoyment is diminished by the knowledge of the viewing experience of the plebs who actually take him seriously as a real actor, they'll say, "oh my god, I can't believe a great actor like Leo is doing this, one of the finest working today and he's not afraid to fool around and look silly", they say as they're making tumblr gifs of his silly faces to get upvoted on reddit.

Attached: olhameste.png (241x230, 19K)

fassbender and mcavoy are far better

also call me when day lewis plays a real person not shrouded behind mustaches and gimmicks. even depp is better because he can do nothing and rivet you, like finding neverland and ninth gate.

thank you someone who knows what theyre talking about. its the same gimmick every time with this guy.

why would a woman lie about her age? I've never heard of that

I honestly, in all honesty, think you might have some serious mental issues. How in the fuck can someone find his performance in Master embarassing? Its probably one of the best of an american actor of all time. And not because anybody told me to feel or see it this way - its just the potrayal of a raw creature, a specific american archetype that hadnt been named or captured yet. Its a monumental achievement.

lol ok so whats a good performance in your eys then

HES THE NEW DANIEL DAY LEWIS

AHAHAHAAAA

yes.....it s very good... especially after epstein

calm down
nobody really takes anglophone cinema seriously now anyway

underated
underated as fuck

Attached: 1567281660156[1].jpg (700x896, 34K)

lol u mad as fuck. Are you autistic?

Attached: 1567265935106[1].jpg (720x540, 212K)

dano isn't based, he's classical.

(You)s signal social acknowledgement, something our brains are wired to seek but our society is designed to cut us off from. The result: what looks like most of 2 generations now sitting on their asses talking shit online for absolutely no purpose other than to ring that little bell in their brain, A brain that is becoming an empty, useless little cupboard.

Fassbender acts in mostly shit movies though

>You Were Never Really Here
Based.

he's a pretentious overactor, but he's still pretty good
his Gladiator performance is underrated

youtu.be/W1gRdpVnx9Q

t meatcuck

Pretentious doesn't mean anything anymore, so call him an overactor

>Pretentious doesn't mean anything anymore
maybe because too many people use that term carelessly or don't really reflect on what it means
I say pretentious because he not only overacts, but his acting style is very unconventional / strange / unnatural
acting strange or weird doesn't make your performance more brilliant, any idiot can do that
but I'm not actually saying he's a phony, it's highly subjective and the strangeness may sometimes be justified