Alan!

Alan!

Attached: jurassic-park-weird1.jpg (650x349, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=seCERpBIcSo
youtube.com/watch?v=BKALxKbjOaE
youtube.com/watch?v=_rlr3Lzvqog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought JP wouldn't get worse but then they released Jurassic world. There's something very comfy about JP3 but I dunno what it is.

Probably the fact that it had Sam Neill. Sam Neill makes everything comfy. Without him, it's no longer comfy.

Attached: 1554307477738.jpg (4000x3000, 2.2M)

Is Jurassic World and its sequel canon to the first three Jurassic Park films, or is it its own continuity?

Dunno.

It's like a low budget tv film of some mediocre sci fi show.

You called me, Raptor?

Attached: 2fnuqs.jpg (547x499, 72K)

Bringing back Sam Neill was a huge boon to the movie and made it somewhat watchable. Grant is still the best JP protagonist because he feels like an actual scientist but because of the physical nature of his work, he can still handle dangerous situations reasonably well without seeming like an action hero.
Jeff Goldblum wasn't protagonist material at all and making him the center of Lost World was a mistake in my opinion. He's more of a meme character who occasionally drops in some insight for other more proactive characters, but he's not a hero.
Chris Pratt's character in the new movies also feels like walking tropes of the 'cool, stand offish' hero and not an actual character.

JP 3 had it's problems but in some ways it was better than Lost World.

That looks like it hurts, how does one get hurt in such a way?

It does have a direct for tv feel. They likely weren't going for it but it makes it comfy.

It's ironic because the budget is significantly higher than the original movie's so there's really no reason why it should have looked worse but it did.

Attached: alan plane.webm (1280x720, 960K)

Chris Pratt's character should've been the grandson from the original film. Tim? That kid was obsessed with Dr Grant and to see them finally as equals in their field would've been lovely.

Something about early 00s films is just inherently comfy

JW directly references the original park and the deaths associated with it, and IIRC the T-rex is also said to be the original.

Cross the event horizon.

Underrated.

So are 2 and 3 not canon?

It's a very simple and short story

it doesn't try and be serious

AAAAAAAAH

NOOOO HELP MEEEEEEE!

Attached: SPINO'D.jpg (1024x576, 147K)

Bruce Lee just can't catch a break.

They're still canon, just glossed over

NOOOO REXY CAN'T LOSE A FIGHT!

Attached: 1566022226734.png (231x218, 12K)

>Rexnormies still butthurt to this day

Attached: dr.png (720x691, 432K)

Kek’d and check’d

Attached: 241B02F2-6D19-4A22-B34C-DE5D54A2F652.jpg (224x226, 20K)

THE SPINOSAURAUS WAS ACTUALLY A FISH EATER AND WOULD BE INCAPABLE OF-

AAAAAGGGGGH MY NECK IT FUCKING HUUUURTS

Attached: rexslapped2.jpg (1024x576, 134K)

NO STOP HE'S THE KING OF THE FUCKING DINOSAURS AAAAAAAAAAAGH

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (394x360, 144K)

Attached: 1548191740828.webm (960x540, 2.37M)

Jurassic Park threads really summon a weird brand of autism.

fixed

Attached: 1539292009348.jpg (1278x653, 141K)

>T-Rex piss atrracts the Spinochad

>His entire existence Spinochad has been seeking out Rexes and destroying them on the island

Absolutely based.

Attached: Our lord spinochad.jpg (1595x1035, 219K)

I like bringing sam back and the mercenary guys, but it goes to shit pretty fast

Actual good idea

HAHAHAHA

>Pass the peanuts bro

Get out of my house!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Attached: IMG_0942.jpg (590x788, 68K)

It's unironically my favorite JP movie

Also, where is this?

only good lego game to come out after indiana jones

>NO SPINOSAURUS!

Looks like a vineyard in Napa or Sonoma

Absolute fucking kino

The summer before 9/11 had some real oddities slipping through the cracks of Hollywood. Like this, A.I. and Burton's Planet of the Apes.

That was a Burton movie? What the fuck.

>The summer before 9/11 had some real oddities slipping through the cracks of Hollywood.

and then, the final straw

Attached: HisJudgementCometh.gif (480x360, 3.89M)

based.

Attached: Jurassic Park-2.webm (640x347, 2.69M)

gr8 stuff m8

Man the Arabs must've really had it with Hollywood enough to attack the U.S. like that.

I kind of like how it's just a self-contained adventure on Isla Sorna even though it had some retarded shit.
Much better than the Jurassic World trash but JP1 and 2 are superior.

Steve!

My name is Alan so this scene has a special place in my cold, dead heart.

Not Steve! Anyone but Steve!

As a writer this scene scares me. The setup ties together Alan's fears of the island as well as a previous scene of him talking to a parrot. It's a very well-written scene that pays off the earlier scene and gets to the precise point of Alan's fears- Raptor intelligence. It does everything right, and is exceptional for a dream sequence, but it just doesn't fucking work. It's a stupid as hell scene that should be better than it is. How does good writing make for such a bad scene?

What?

mouth of madness was one the least comfy movies I've watched

>spinosaurus gets caught in the T-Rex's more powerful jaws
>somehow escapes

Don't forget Shrek

I still can't believe this scene was filmed while the WTC attacks were happening down the road

Sam should’ve been brought back for the next one. I liked Ian Malcolm as part of the original cast but as the lead in Lost World I hated it. Even as a kid I remember being so let down by that movie. Too many characters. Stupid plot. Mud daughter. Why? JW was watchable. Opies daughter running in heels to bring the old Rex into the fight was a pleb moment I loved. But JW2 was a fucking mess. Felt like Lost World part 2. Bring the old people back in addition to the new ones and finish this franchise for good.

He was busy in Thor: Ragnarok, he'll be back for the 3rd one because despite JW2 being awful it easily made enough money to justify a sequel. I hope JW3 is surprisingly good somehow but it seems unlikely.

Quads confirm, Alan Grant would have made more sense over Ian since he had to adapt to a new world with living, breathing dinosaurs in it. I like that scene with him in JP3 giving a lecture on fossils with everyone only caring about his experience in the park, JP2 should have been Grant going to Isla Sorna to help John Hammond get a photo record of the animals for preservation as a natural habitat instead of the fucking chaos theory scientist and some crazy red haired lady.

also fuck having Ellie marry someone else in JP3 it ruins the point of the first movie

Alan!

Why this scene and not any scene from the original movie where they say Alan's name.

If you just watch it you would know.

I think the execution makes it goofy as hell. The raptor should've spoken in a strained, animalistic voice--not something so casual. I get that Alan mentions raptors possibly replacing humans, but at this point we've barely even seen them in action so seeing them act like a full-blown human is a bit ridiculous. The dream is also too brief--it barely sets the tone before Alans sees the raptor deliver the line. His fear of raptor intelligence is kind of established but having another scene earlier in the movie could've help reinforce this. He mentions raptor intelligence in his lecture, but there isn't an indication how afraid of raptors he is. Contrast this to the scene in JP1 where Grant explains the hunting tactics of raptors to the kid, and the kid freaks out.

My ranking of the series is still I>II>IV>V>III but JPIII was the last movie I ever got on VHS (I also saw LOTR on the shelves 2001 must've been the last real year for the format). I also remember the trailers but even being a huge fan I just didn't bother or maybe I was too young and one would even let me see it. I'm glad the series is still alive even if the movies aren't the best.

ALAN?

Attached: ALAN.png (861x484, 536K)

>IV>V>III
V is genuinely one of the worst blockbusters ever made

Attached: image.jpg (1200x900, 45K)

There was that and then there was Jurassic Park III. But lame attempts at political hollywood-style "jabs" may put it at the last place though as far as the dinoraurs themselves go I don't know. The raft scene from III seems to be one of the signatures of the movie but it has some really unremarkable cgi and the characters don't interact with the dinosaurs and barely acknowledge their existence. TLK has more spectacle and short little moments but nothing stands out overall the way the aviary scene does in the III. Or that little scene where they cast looks behind to see Spinosaurus standing there. Raptors are wasted in both movies.

What jabs specifically? Can you name a specific example?

Gay

The minor villain is a little Trump-ish in appearance but that can be nothing, corrupt company men are nothing new even in this series alone but in a different scene there is some news that reads "American president denies the existence of dinosaurs". Lame, we all know why it's there it's small but knowing that Hollywood is pretty much 100% in bed with one of the two main burger parties makes even small insignifianct scenes seem like they're waging their own private wars in front of our eyes like we don't want to just forget about politics. Things like environmental issues are pretty universal after all.

JP>JW>JP3>LW>FK
Nothing beats the original. Jurassic World has a lot of problems but the nostalgic feel to it helps a bit, plus Bryce Dallas Brapper. 3 was just a good basic “Dino’s eat people” flick. Lost World was an ok sequel, but boring and try to hard to surpass the original. Falling Kingdom fucking sucks and not even Bryce or the cute Asian (or Mexican?) chick could save it.

I'm surprised you name both of those which have plausible deniability but neglect to mention the "Such a nasty woman" line which is basically as blatant as it can be. All on their own they'd be innocuous enough that anyone who sees a connection can be dismissed as paranoid but that one pushes it over the top in regards to what they were going for.

This is correct

>nostalgic feel
You mean soulless nostalgia pandering that didn't make up for a retarded plot and bad CGI.

Aye.

I think it’s a New Zealand vineyard, he’s posted about them before

I mean it's plausible for Trump to deny or affirm the existence of dinosaurs in universe. Alex Jones probably convinced him that they're animatronic or some shit.

Attached: 1566775814620.png (402x520, 209K)

Yes that was a lot of the problems with the film, the child actors didn’t even feel real. Chris Prat character was all right though, and the raptor trainer thing wasn’t as cringe as I thought it would be. What brings this to be the best sequel for me is actually seeing the park operating (and of cours BDH). I do agree it was soulless and the cgi sucked. It beats JP3 and Lost World by a cunt hair.

Someone post the TDKR webm. You know the one

Fair enough, I liked Chris Pratt and the park operating too though I think it would have been strengthened greatly by showing a recap of how Mazrani got the park up and running.

Friendly reminder not to skip leg day.

Attached: jurassic park muldoon-6.jpg (1200x825, 92K)

Why the fuck wasn't Grant just married to Ellie? Why did they have to cuck him? Stupid fucking movie.

got the webm for yeah

Attached: T-Rex vs Spinosaurus.webm (854x480, 2.57M)

Does he only jerk off with his right leg? Amateur.

It was all a bit too on the nose. It took the subtlety of a velociraptor saying 'Alan' to shake me to my very core.

NOOOO BLUEEEE SAVE ME AAAAHHHH *CRUNCH*

Attached: snap.png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

The sixth movie may fix it.

>Does he only jerk off with his right leg?

What did user mean by this?

Attached: Muldoon Jurassic Park-3.webm (1200x650, 2.91M)

>ACTUALLY THE T.REX SHOULD HAVE KILLED WITH THE FIRST BITE, IT'S SO UNFAIR THAT THE SPINO WON

Attached: 1566561009149.png (646x731, 38K)

Only soibois defend the quackosaurus

>Only soibois defend the quackosaurus

Attached: 1557919269751.jpg (221x228, 9K)

They should update to the current reconstruction. For once it's a totally original design and I can't believe that someone may be disappointed with it just because Spinosaurus is not yet another two-legged T-Rex rip off.

Neck yourself faggot

You fucking faggots will be contrarian about anything won’t you

>Both the Spinosaurus and T. Rex are fucking pussies. The Indominus Rex was truly the most powerful killing machine in the series.

Attached: DE9C0E29-7353-4096-A644-42EA4872EFC7.jpg (840x968, 184K)

After I saw this meme for the first time you faggots had me rewatch this movie to see if this actually happened

>all previous dinosaurs are nothing compared to the indoraptor

Attached: AAAAAAAAA.jpg (720x1280, 176K)

>things that never happened

Yeah, that is what would have happened. The question is does one really give a fuck or not.

Attached: Jurassic Park.webm (853x462, 1.03M)

Yea Forums hit its pinnacle with bane posting. Sneed doesnt cut it

I watched this today, it's way more entertaining than JP 2.

Because it's for the most part boring spam by one guy and a couple sheep who followed. A couple more terrible memes followed this pattern.

I was 6 when this came out and for a small span of time I was sort of convinced that they actually cloned dinosaurs to make this movie. Thats how fucking good the CG was back then.

The t-rex breakout is still phenomenal looking to this day. Its amazing what sparse, masked CG use will do when used properly.

Plus nobody ever made a Sneed version of the Cowboy Bebop opening, whereas there is a Bane version of the Cowboy Bebop opening and it's great.

Fuck, this made me laugh

Sam Neill's NZ wine farm. Check out his twitter, it's really comfy.
(The farm runs at a loss, he's doing it as a hobby.)

Attached: 1540786659426.jpg (2048x1539, 728K)

What were the new Jurassic Park movies missing? A morally ambiguous British operator badass

Attached: hunters.jpg (642x240, 63K)

Yes.

Attached: jurassic park.png (604x452, 412K)

w2c this safari look?

Attached: muldoon.png (205x599, 129K)

>morally ambiguous
>both are objectively correct
what did user mean by this?

he looks like my dad lmao

Steven Spielberg has an obsession with British actors, once he finds one he likes he casts them in everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=seCERpBIcSo

Attached: Mark Rylance-3.jpg (2000x1500, 374K)

Better than TLW, that's for sure

OH SHIT
PEAK Yea Forums

Attached: rollins2.jpg (360x470, 33K)

based fucking spino

Stick around, Bennett!

I meant that neither of them are presented as either obvious protagonists or antagonists. They are both just professionals. I guess you could argue Muldoon is a protag
At least he went out like a professional badass, unlike the cartoon villain who got killed by the Indoraptor

I love you, you love me, Barney gave me HIV

Attached: when dinosaurs ruled the earth-2.webm (1000x562, 2.71M)

sure, but not being the main character =/= morally ambiguous.
muldoon was based and completely correct, and in the original plot of the film saves them from the raptors instead of the trex (which is a little closer to the book, where he also survives)
the guy in lost world is also correct, he acknowledges the mission is folly and dumb, but's willing to help to prove himself as a hunter. he gets what he wants and fucks off

>tfw when neck bites

Look, people. This is classic pro wrestling booking at its finest. Rex still is an established name who wasn't going to lose popularity from taking a loss to Spino, the up and coming new star that needed to win a match that signified the passing of the torch and made a new star. It made sense, even if Spino ultimately flopped and they went back to relying on Rex to continue drawing dimes.

Attached: steiner7.jpg (600x400, 69K)

I never knew what happened to the Rhedosaurus mom and her baby. They just disappear from the picture. Fucking akeela I want to know.

Mine looks like Jeff Bridges.

Attached: Dinosaur attacks.webm (855x480, 1.65M)

The worst part of Jurassic World was how much they jacked off the mosasaurus. Like I think they had three different scenes where it popped out of the water and ate something in slow motion. We get the point after the first time, fuck off.

Would make more sense

That cat thought he was slick.

God the movements still look so real

I don't care what anyone says I like Spielberg

same here, really fucking good effort by the stan winston guys

mine looks like Emmanuel Macron

Son of a whore

Spinosaurus's Snap and Crack

Formerly TRex

That CGI is absolutely fantastic, I wonder how many days did it take to render those few seconds.

poor cat

Attached: 1567032907892.webm (460x574, 1.58M)

man my (10) chickens somehow killed a small rabbit earlier this summer.

they kill frogs and mice on a daily basis, and a snake once.

i don't think people realize how deadly those little fuckers are.

>i don't think people realize how deadly those little fuckers are.
A graveyard near my place had a scorpion infestation once and they dealt with it by letting loose some chickens there for a month.

>poor cat

That cat learnt a valuable lesson - you snooze, you lose.

Attached: 1406635378369.webm (1280x720, 1.76M)

For a sec, I thought this was the webm of the chicks going through the grinder

I mean it's not exactly a contrarian opinion to like Spielberg, he's beloved just about everywhere except here, and that's because this board is full of idiots.

YO LIL DONNIE

JW is like TFA, a lot of people overlooked its problems when it came out because of nostalgia and so both of them ended up making an absolute fuckton of money, but now a few years down the line everyone hates it.

Does she fug the dino?

More importantly, is this stop motion? I don't think they had CGI back then so that's what they used instead.

>is this stop motion?

Yes.

Attached: golden voyage of sinbad-2.webm (900x540, 2.66M)

More importantly, should I watch this?

Good, I love stop motion.

Literally cucked.

reminder fallen kingdom is a pleb filter

Attached: MV5BNzE1MzQ0NjE4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjU3NjMzNDM@._V1_.jpg (2048x857, 2.23M)

Yes.

Attached: Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger.webm (800x433, 2.9M)

Anything else I've been missing out from the 70s you would recommend?

I never seen the newest one, was it as forgettable as Jurassic World?

No, it goes beyond being forgettable and crosses into the realm of annoying, stupid fucking writing decisions that ruin the franchise.

When I first read the book as a wee lad I was expecting Muldoon to die like a bitch like in the movie but he tranqed a T-Rex and blew away Raptors with a rocket launcher while shitfaced on whiskey before surviving in the end. Fuck, everyone was a bigger badass in the book than in the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=BKALxKbjOaE

Same Neil is so cute.

Wait fuck wrong video. I mean to post this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=_rlr3Lzvqog