Why are Catholics so much better at making kino than dogshit protestants?

Why are Catholics so much better at making kino than dogshit protestants?

Attached: catholic films.png (716x820, 623K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ingmarbergman.se/en/universe/under-empty-cruel-sky
youtube.com/watch?v=9TAOE7CFeqs
youtube.com/watch?v=7KOg2ageXt4
youtube.com/watch?v=rL2XX_2tNk8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films
pewforum.org/2008/03/27/a-portrait-of-american-catholics-on-the-eve-of-pope-benedicts-visit-to-the-us-3/#voting
youtube.com/watch?v=typ2pl2L47k
youtu.be/8cxLxb4Bexs
youtube.com/watch?v=bzVHjg3AqIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the passion is catholics only
what

protestants are plastic, catholics are stone

Catholics are literally a reskin of the Roman empire

Catholics were known to have contributed significantly to math, science and the arts. Luther was right though when he said the papacy sucks dick though.

mel gibson > all

Catholics have the jew-style guilt that makes them creative

Catholics can't make successful first world countries so they have to dominate "entertainment" fields like film and theatre to make up for their inadequacies. In that respect they're very similar to jews.

mel gibson is catholic

Tell that to Pius V

>2019
>believing in magic sky daddy
cringe

This, pretty much

>2019
>thinking that science is robust enough to explain everything
wew lad

and the solution is making shit up instead? yikes!

France is catholic and a top economy!

Silence is pretty underrated. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

The case for Christ is a kino Protestant movie

Why aren't Muslims even trying?
Why does this board not include Jewish Kino?

Wallowing in self pity is the reason why catholic countries are dysfunctional and corrupt.

If they were as bold, confident, and self-assured in their place in the world as protestants then maybe Mexico and Brazil wouldn't be such awful places to live in.

>M’lady

>cant into logic or abstractions
atheism brain lol

People will call each other by made up names their parents gave them their whole lives but don’t have faith in God.

Are you implying the Roman empire wasn't based?

God's not Dead 4: The Goddening

France is bloated in debt and is very bad at managing its economy.

Passion is pretty weak, but you can exchange that for any good italian movie about faith.

You just know some Irish drunktard made this thread.

>destroyed Zoroastrianism
>ruined a potential bond between the middle east and Europe
>renamed Constantinople/Byzantium/New Rome into fucking Instanbul.
>hasn't made a dent in history for decades beyond being hated and the cause of war
Thanks Islam

Attached: he lievs.gif (204x210, 1.67M)

>catholics on 4channel think all protestants are non denomenational

Lmao lmao lmao!

Istanbul was a name greeks gave to the city. Turks just made it official in the 1920's

Catholics have a higher budget from scamming they're followers

>implying protestants don't constantly scam their followers
Lmao, ever heard of televangelism?

We're talking about France, not America

>no that example doesn't count because reasons
Cope away, copefag.

Ordet is a masterpiece and worth more than all those films combined.

Attached: CFhiLjYq4wsUPR2sZ29sKvsMOTZggq_large.jpg (1288x1600, 194K)

The Pope's magic powers?

Attached: Pope-evil-children.jpg (350x240, 23K)

Because Catholicism is more willing to embrace divine mystery.

>One presbyterian televangelist in kansas = all protestants

Protestants aren't a united front. Catholics all answer to their emperor in the Vatican.
Catholics have more to answer for compared to protestants.

Passion shouldn't have had the ressurection scene.
Also add First Reformed, Andrei Rublev, Seventh Seal and Tree of Life.

Because Catholicism is the literal Kino religion

imagine being Christian and unironically choosing to be protestant
imagine the cope of having no philosophical or cultural heritage beyond the last 400 years
it's like being American

Protestants don't believe creativity has any place in religion

old people are creepy, more news at 7

Imagine basing your entire faith on a vague few sentences from the Bible and killing millions of other Christians to defend that faith.

Fuck the Greeks too. Orthodox fucks.

Darth Benedict

Catholics answer to the Nicene Creed you theological brainlet

cope

>jew funds catholics
that's just because the irish gangsters betrayed their race and helped the jew take control of america and now their grandkids get some perks

>catholicism
>the Official Fanfic
>some guy who said something once on a stick being waved around forever and ever
>any idol cult
you are philosophically bankrupt, souldead, braindead abominations that are a living manifestation of hell on earth

>2019
>Still falling for the atheist meme

You're the one to talk.
Catholics were the ones who destroyed all traces of pre-christian european history and culture.

>What is the islamic Golden Age and al Andalus?

>basing your beliefs on what's fashionable on Yea Forums
tradcath larpers everyone

Jews only make flicks

Catholics make pure kino

>listening to fat dumb german with stupid hat

Then what's the point of having a mafia-like hierarchy and leadership? Why have a pope at all?

Catholics internalized many pre-Christian practices and have them more meaning than the pagan heathens could muster. It’s one of the only remnants of the Roman Empire still intact.

*blocks your path*

Attached: The-Message.jpg (260x382, 31K)

if they destroyed all traces you wouldn't even know they did

That’s like asking why there should be order instead of chaos.

The Passion is not Solo Scriptura. Things like the devil taunting Jesus are part of an oral tradition in Catholic and perhaps Orthodox faith, but not in the bible.

Shut the fuck up dumb Iranian diaspora nobody gives a shit

>Listing one example three times

Attached: 1552329047296.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

>Literally believing in a bullshit nofunallowed Jew cult that is somehow even more shallow and childish than normal Judaism.

Abrahamic religions are literal dogshit tier. At least worship a god you can actually interact with on another dimensional realm like Dionysis.

>semi-educated invisible sky man shit
>illiterate invisible sky man shit
OK so one has corn in it and one's runnier, but they're both shit

It pretty much is, it's based on a nativity play so Protestants (should) detest it on that basis alone for not being in muh sola scriptura

>listening to a niggerloving gay pedophile with a jew hat

Attached: B_866_Kiss.jpg (550x403, 62K)

>mafia-like hierarchy
you mean a heirarchy
Part of the Nicene Creed:
>I believe in one CATHOLIC and APOSTOLIC Church
one universal (meaning of "catholic") Church led by the successors of St. Peter and the Apostles through the laying of the hand of Apostolic Succession that can be traced back to Jesus Christ himself

*rubs hands*

The Passion of the Christ, Silence, and Calvary are excellent films, you brainlet. You don't even have to be Catholic to appreciate them. Stick to capeshit.

>”another dimensional realm” = have delusions from being stoned and drunk out of your skull

>science is robust enough to explain everything
You're using religion to explain things? Seriously? So many things it's useful for and you focused in on its weakest point? The Church accepted evolution and used scientific testing to disprove the shroud of Turin, get with the fucking times

The greatest Christian director, possibly the greatest director of all time, is Orthodox. Could it be because they have the greatest emphasis on aesthetics, what with icons and everything?

Attached: tarkovsky.jpg (490x373, 65K)

It’s literally in the Bible that the devil taunts Jesus

Christ you Catholics are tards

>Jesus dying on the cross didn’t happen in the Bible

Catholics don’t even read the Bible do they?

I am tired of people bringimg up al andalus when the mainstream muslims of africa and the middle east hated the shit out of them for being "corrupt" and liking jewelry. basically they weren't islamic enough and adopted catholic customs like idolatry.

It's all over/fallen retard. What do they have to show for it? Fucking nothing. Europe can get hit by fucking plague, lose 1/3 of their population to a retarded Cath vs Prot war, and still end up dominating.

>heaven was created by EA you gotta pay to play :D

Your brain on Catholicism

>WOW I LOVE GREEK MYTHOLOGY
>THE GODS ARE JUST LIKE ME

Attached: images.jpg (211x239, 9K)

>humility is bad!

there it is folks. it isn't even about atheism. they don't care what you worship as long as it isn't the christian concept of god. pretty good indication of what you should look for.

>missing the point
nice one dude

Calvary is shit though.

Passion is not just about the Biblical crucifixion and you know it you disingenuous little fuck nugget

>being a cuck is good

When you take a spiritual substance like psilocybin or DMT, you let your body be inhabited by Dionysus and for a time share mind and body with a god and see the spiritual realm.
Also note the Dionysian cult is possibly one of the oldest religions on earth with links found as old back as 6000bc. While Christianity is some bullshit Jewish death cult that erased Western history and knowledge.

Attached: Antinous.jpg (736x1104, 122K)

you have no idea what you are talking about
the passion uses artistic liberties regarding the crucifixion that are directly from Catholic Tradition. Yes Satan tempts Jesus, but in the desert you retard.
also fuck off reddit you cunt

Don’t you have another idol to worship Catholcuck?

>he can’t pray unless he has a statue in front of him, Rosary beads in his hands, and saying a predetermined prayer

You aren’t going to heaven

No one pays for indulgences, kid
Yes, in the desert. Not in the garden or going to Calvary. Did you read the Bible?
I admit I don’t, but it seems I still have a stronger understanding of it than proddies, who are content on interpreting their own relative views of Gods word

>being a pagan LARPer
Cringe!

You aren't even making sense now

Bingo. This guy gets it

>DUDE DMT
>picture of marble bust epic fashwave

oh no no no

Attached: orthodoxy.jpg (720x540, 61K)

He's channel the power of Dionysus to be that one drunk cunt who thinks they're the next Socrates.

Silence was a massive pleb filter

>p-please watch out for mommy and daddy
>and please get me a new bike
fucking profound

Attached: proddies-praying.jpg (300x250, 14K)

>cuckcuckcuk am i based guys?
Grow a pair, not giving a shit about others is faggot behavior
>it’s spiritual I swear and not just fucking up my brain!
I can pray anywhere, stop being obtuse. I can pray during work, sleeping, at church, having SEX. Praying through saints and the mother of god to intercede to god for you isn’t idolatry, it’s part remembrance and part telling your distant cousins to ask a favor of the patriarch

Protestants are preachy assholes, and they've got their noses so far up israel's ass its not funny.

Compared to Christians who literally try hard Jews and really want Jewish people to respect them. Keep throwing money to Israel Christians, your daddy cutdicks will acknowledge you any day now I'm sure. Meanwhile you could believe in one of the oldest western religions and literally interact with your God through learning how to pick Psilocybes in nature and taking them to see a whole new spiritual realm.

Also rich Christians call us larpers as well when oh look at all that "Christian architecture" and "Christian aesthetics", oh I'm sure it just looks like copy pasted Hellenicism by coincidence, suuure.

>gothic architecture is Neo-Classical
yikes

you're a fucking braindead nigger. it's mel's movie.

>“There is no salvation for those outside the Church,” Gibson replied. “I believe it.”
dude says his own wife is going to hell because she's not catholic. you think he made that movie for you braindead heretics? kek

I want what you’re smoking. For recreational purposes of course since there’s no way you can formulate meaningful experiences doing drugs lmao

Taken DMT boy? No then shut the fuck up. I've seen my god, I have walked in his realm meanwhile you christcucks just talk to air while throwing your life savings to Israel while worshiping a Jewish death cult that erased western history and culture.

Attached: A_Bacchanal_by_Jan_Brueghel_the_Elder_and_Hendrik_van_Balen_I,_ca._1608_-_1616._Speed_Art_Museum.jpg (1280x877, 336K)

>hmm, they really hate Jews-I mean us on this website
>maybe if I keep forcing a comparison between Jew-fuck I mean us and the very thing we’ve been trying to erase for the last 200 years than they will immediately turn their back on it
Wtf I hate Jesus now

>Does psychedelics
>Thinks it's a religious experience
You need to be 18 to post here

Attached: yikes.jpg (521x738, 264K)

Holy shit I don't know what to say, besides "cringe"

>your god
is a chemical, imagine debasing yourself to that level. I’ll leave you to either rot or find salvation

Cope fat lard

>My God is literally dude drugs lmao

Attached: 1565311037505.jpg (1298x1145, 159K)

Catholicism elevates the human being to the conciousness of God because it emphasises how we are transformed by Christ through the Eucharist. Art in this way reflects the human being striving for enlightenment and holiness.

Attached: 1471114774078.png (1213x789, 1.57M)

>Protestants

Attached: 179783_169050979928907_1107339845_n.jpg (1200x1200, 162K)

>Luther was right
Luther was a Turk sucker, truly the finest of German traditions

>AIPAC is literally a multi million dollar operation run by sychophantic Christians to Israel that funnel American taxpayer money and American dollars into Israel.
>Everyone else is working for the Jews not us!

Lol Christians. Again, literal Jewish death cult.
Done DMT? More of a experience that any of you cucks talking to air. I've seen the magics that makes up our reality, ive interacted with a god and you guys literally talk to an imaginary friend lol.
Christcuck says as he drinks wine.

Attached: 1484381788894.jpg (1137x2331, 472K)

>the number one group of jew-torchers in the world loves jews

Attached: screen-shot-2017-03-13-at-70118-ampng.png.jpg (1300x650, 60K)

I will pray for you, you deluded young soul

Incredibly based post. Also
>sin eater
Kek

You dropped a hallucinogenic you fucking retard, what you saw is as real as any dumb fuck that's done DMT and seen giant mice or some other stupid shit; you aren't deep, you aren't spiritual, you're a glorified hippie doing glorified mescalin and sucking your own cock off over it

>Catholicism
*Orthodoxy (See "Theosis")
Catholicism is about paying some random spiritual debts by giving money to the guy with the funny hat in exchange for "treasure of merits", because "Rome said so".

Attached: 0de2efff25f07021fa451835025035a583891b24967a8199be4578fdf592ae89_1.jpg (320x311, 29K)

>also do drugs goy that’s the real reigious experience

Why theres so much difference?

Friendly reminder that most of the best diretors are Catholic, even when that religion is a minority in the USA
>Hitchcock
>De Palma
>Scorsese
>Coppola
>John Ford
>Cameron
>Welles

Then the second best type of directors are Jewish
>Kubrick
>Spielberg
>Woody Allen

The question is, why don't Protestants make good directors? They are the majority of the American population

Indulgences haven't been a thing for like 600 years

Protestants are too high on opiates while sucking the dick of Netanyahu to do anything worthwhile.

Because the majority of the population are loud unsubtle hicks who would rather propogandize than glorify God throughart

Memes aside, could it be because they are the most privileged group in the USA (talking about WASP, black protestants is a whole different deal)? Jews in the new world went there escaping from some war and knew suffering, then Catholics are mostly Italians and Irishmen, they suffered wars and famine back in the old country and in the USA they were treated like second class citizens

Maybe art comes from suffering

You’re talking to a kike, they live in the last and have a hard time distinguishing past from present.

Indulgences aren't technically wrong either. They were dropped because men couldn't handle charity and abused them too much.

>Calvary
That shit was so good.
Such a brilliant study of human nature.
>Say your prayers, Father.
>I already have.

The priets is the best character in Vikings

The show gets kinda boring after he dies

>PRIESTS?
>YEAH KILL EM

When people say “white people have no culture,” I have to assume they’re talking about the evangelical country American that hasn’t the slightest knowledge even of actual American culture(Faulkner, Harlem). Italian, Irish, German Americans all have rich distinct societies, but you have to wonder if the Muricans really care about culture or just wanna suck off a flagpole cuz “we da best”

*tips Fedora*

Protestant Americans don't even worship God or Jesus, they use the names but it's really just a stand in for whoever the latest Republican president is and America the nation. It's basically a glorified fascistic state religion.
Even the Vatican said this outright in their newsletter a few years ago.

Attached: 23ea102.jpg (464x453, 47K)

>protestants were never oppressed

They were. They just don't whine about it and make a pity industry around it unlike jews and catholicucks.

They were, but not in the USA. Since the very start of colonial age WASP have been the dominant class in the USA and they've never been opressed

Italians, Jews and Irishmen were forced to live in ghettos as pariah without even healthcare access when they arrived to the USA

They were literally the majority of America since the Revolution, there’s no oppression to speak of.

>They just don't whine about it and make a pity industry around it unlike jews and catholicucks
The entire God's Not Dead franchise is based around how hard done by Protestants are because they can't praise God in school (not true) and Hercules bullied them in Philosophy class

>Italians, Jews and Irishmen were forced to live in ghettos as pariah without even healthcare access when they arrived to the USA
You think that wasps segregated jews, micks,a and wops for absolutely no reason?
They recognized them as hostile elements to the american way of life and they were proven right.

Jews and irish catholics are the biggest left-wing democrats and since they tend to congregate in cities, they're utterly disconnected from the natural world and tradition. It's rural protestants who are the very heart of american and still hold onto traditional 'blood and soil' values.

Attached: smiles with contempt.jpg (209x242, 6K)

>this book kills the American Protestant.
>Literally written by a presbyterian pastor.

Attached: american-fascists-9780743284462_hr.jpg (1400x2173, 376K)

I like the image just lumps Tarkovsky, Dreyer and Bergman in with Catholics as European and you just talk about Catholicism anyway.

Ignoring Bergman (Nice exclusion of Europeans), son of a Lutheran priest, is embarrassing. His lifelong questions and struggles with faith are explored often in his films, and yet he died a believer. Winter Light says more about faith than all your American Catholic movie directors say combined.

That's not a relevant example. Kirk Cameron doesn't represent the wider protestant cause or monolithic protestant movement.
When Scorsese makes a movie, he's clearly making it with the consent and backing of his emperor in the Vatican.

>They recognized them as hostile elements to the american way of life and they were proven right.
Yes, everyone is eveil but yourselves

First the blacks, then the natives, then Italians and Irish, then Jews, then Mexicans

Maybe you are the violent ones who love to opress people who are different?

Imagine being a Christian and thinking this

the image isnt serious if you couldnt already tell

Was just talking about Hollywood tho, I know Hitchcock is British but he did the relevant bit of his career in the USA

Based and Bergmannpilled.
ingmarbergman.se/en/universe/under-empty-cruel-sky

Nobody is oppressing them.
We just want to live in our own countries in peace without being invaded.
What a warped mind you have.

People don't go and see Scorsese because he's Catholic, on the other hand the only people who unironically watch shit like God's Not Dead are Protestant fundies

>Maybe you are the violent ones who love to opress people who are different?
I like to oppress people who want to destroy my way of life. Call it a natural instinct.

>We just want to live in our own countries in peace without being invaded.
Are you Cherokee or Navajo?

Reminder that Catholics are shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=9TAOE7CFeqs

youtube.com/watch?v=7KOg2ageXt4

>the most popular and memetic Protestant movie doesn’t count!
And since Scorsese actually makes real films, he can do whatever he wants with the Pope

>First the blacks

Still the blacks.

>2019
>thinking being religious means interpreting the bible literally and word for word
cringe and dorkpilled

Attached: 995.jpg (436x298, 38K)

>beepity boppity boopity no one-a wants to see-a Scorsese because-a he's-a catholic-a beepity boppity boopity its a spicy-a meatsa balla

Sure.
Italian and catholic identity has nothing to do at all with his movies.

>Are you Cherokee or Navajo?
Reminder that the native american genocide is a myth based on impossible numbers.

youtube.com/watch?v=rL2XX_2tNk8

dreyer was protestant. this is just cherrypicking.

When did I say they were genocided? Just saying that if you are white then you are as much as "an invader" as a black or Mexican guy

They're not entitled to the land by virtue of being born on it.
Sorry.

I'm not saying they deserve more, just saying you are the same as blacks and Mexicans

All of you are either "native" or all of you are aliens to that land

Catholics overwhelmingly vote for left wing progressive politicians in every generation.
Literally a cancer on the western hemisphere.

>Italian and catholic identity has nothing to do at all with his movies
That isn't what I said brainlet, his movies are about things other than just being a Catholic or wog, unlike Kirkshit which is entirely about the STRUGGLE of being Protestant

Why are you here you brainless pleb

user why are you trying to convince these people? If you really did DMT you know it is an ineffable experience.

Good job ignoring some classic productions, including:

> The Shoes of the Fisherman
> A Man Called Peter
> A Man For All Seasons
> The Greatest Story Ever Told
> The Song of Bernadette
> Going My Way
> Bells of St Mary
> The Nun's Story
> The Cardinal
> Becket

>Italian and catholic identity has nothing to do at all with his movies
>But I am
Interesting thesis

>God's Not Dead 2
>Shitty on Melissa Joan Hart

You can go fuck the horse you rode in on.

Attached: Fucking jews.gif (480x360, 617K)

>his movies are about things other than just being a Catholic or wog
Except it's not true.

>unlike Kirkshit which is entirely about the STRUGGLE of being Protestant
Wow, we're still talking about Kirk Cameron here as though he's the be all end all protestant filmmaker?
Or do you keep bringing him up because you have no arguments?

*blocks your path*

Attached: images[1].jpg (255x198, 6K)

Of course Christians are going to vote for egalitarian candidates. Real Catholics however would never vote for nonnegotiables like samesex marriage or abortion

>thinking culture can ever be about anything other than identity

Attached: stol.jpg (538x522, 191K)

>the passion uses artistic liberties regarding the crucifixion that are directly from Catholic Tradition

Name one

Catholics believe the church resides in men, buildings and art when it’s clearly stated in the Bible that’s not the case

>Real Catholics however would never vote for nonnegotiables like samesex marriage or abortion
No true scotsman fallacy.
Catholics that unironically support left-wing progressive bullshit are still catholics no matter how hard you pretend otherwise.

>lemme just repeat the same prayer over and over again cause maybe god didn’t hear me the first time

So smart

Based if true

I didn't realize the united states was founded by redskins. dem history books be lyin yo

Well that’s on them. We are a human as well as spiritual organisation after all

Step aside, Christkinolets.

Attached: orthodox kino.jpg (1000x563, 111K)

>Praying through saints and the mother of god to intercede to god for you isn’t idolatry, it’s part remembrance and part telling your distant cousins to ask a favor of the patriarch

Literally blasphemy these people have no higher standing with god than you do you don’t need to pray to someone who can’t hear you. Gods all knowing all seeing and all powerful so why pray to someone beneath him?

1. Matthew 23:5-10 They do all their deeds to be seen by people, for they make their phylacteries wide and their tassels long. They love the place of honor at banquets and the best seats in the synagogues and elaborate greetings in the marketplaces, and to have people call them ‘Rabbi.’ But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher and you are all brothers. And call no one your ‘father’ on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Nor are you to be called ‘teacher,’ for you have one teacher, the Christ.

Mels going to hell for hating balk people what’s your point?

thats so heretical it's mad

Native americans aren't even native to america anyways.
They crossed over the ice bridge and slaughtered the original inhabitants.

can you sing a song the first time flawlessly with all the feeling and poignancy contained therein.

saying a prayer is about unpacking yourself; the words are a key

>Catholics believe the church resides in men, buildings and art
No they don't, they think works that venerate God help the church, which is entirely different. No Catholic dogma says you'll go to heaven purely for making pretty pictures

>Protestants don't really worship a kike sand nigger
>They just use their state leader as the stand-in

Based.
That means modern american protestants have more in common with the ancient romans and greeks.

I will never understand this argument, it's not like it makes you more native for arriving like 2000 years later you know

The Friday of Sorrows, The Stations of the Cross, etc.

Native is a meme, all claims are a function of conquest.

Then just be honest about it and celebrate kicking the shit out of them, like we do with the fucking boongs

>No true scotsman fallacy.
No it's not you mongaloid. To be catholic, by definition, means to be a believer of the Roman Catholic Faith. Part of that faith is very clearly stated opposition to same-sex relations and abortion.
If one does not hold with those beliefs, they are not Catholic, no matter what they call themselves. This is unironically something that's addressed by Jesus himself both when he says "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven". A circle may call itself a square, but that does not make it so

That's my point (I started this whole argument)

WASP, Catholics and black Americans are all "natives" to the USA, they all belong there and Protestants shouldn't opress the rest

>If one does not hold with those beliefs, they are not Catholic, no matter what they call themselves
This, reform Catholics should just fuck off and join one of the 300 quintillion meme Protestant churches that agree with their fucking gay beliefs

At least they don't rape kids and shuffle priests around and pay hush money.

Catholic fags BTFO

Attached: MV5BZDI1MGIyZDMtYjAyMy00ZWE1LTgzYjctYzM5MzczNjFjZWQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQyNzE3MDg@._V1_.jpg (1382x2047, 223K)

>. Part of that faith is very clearly stated opposition to same-sex relations and abortion.
And yet people who call themselves catholic are still voting for same-sex marriage and mandatory child tranny surgeries even with their little good book telling them that it's bad.
It's almost as if 'catholics' have a natural proclivity towards subversive, degenerate, anti-human ideas cooked up in jewish universities and think tanks because it's in their very nature to be transgressive and punishing towards lifestyles and customs that aren't under their sphere of influence.

Maybe catholics aren't actually based and are just projecting their inadequacies on protestants?

>tfw your priest loves vatican II reforms

Well posted, friendo!

But they do, Australia had a royal commison into church sex abuse and the absolute most fucked up turned out to be Salvation Army

Anyone has the list of the favourite films of the Vatican film library? It was top kino

>Protestant kino
Malick
Carruth
Ben-Hur (1959), still the best Biblical film ever made

Are Catholicucks even trying?

Attached: 1512214352296.jpg (540x526, 82K)

I love jesus but not so much the church

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican's_list_of_films

*Catholicism is the Roman Empire

If most self proclaimed circles have a square shape, the definition of circle changes. This is how language works. You're just the guy clinging to the bundle of sticks definition of faggot.

That "Art" section is great

Protestantism is less open to visual art in general, that's one of the reasons why the even more iconoclastic dirt named Isläm is totally irrelevant in regards to movie making (which the exception of Iran).

I dislike all religion but Catholics are in my opinion the worst of them. It's for very credulous people, its a servants religion and will never amount to anything but destruction of the country.

dont forget the protestant movie hacksaw ridge made by catholic mel gibson!

You must be a special type of retarted OP. I'm gonna wait this thread out until your wrangler revokes your internet privileges or someone dangles some keys in front of your face or some shit and you forget what you were doing.

Above three films are actual films made to tell a story, belief and faith are secondary, and basically irrelevant.

Bottom three films are fundie propaganda, not real films, and the story is entirely secondary to Christian dogma and indoctrination

You can go now.

Attached: what-in-the-i-say-what-in-the-fuck-is-19322602.png (500x394, 96K)

Iran are like the least orthodox Muslim country tho, they were always very open

>If one does not hold with those beliefs, they are not Catholic, no matter what they call themselves. This is unironically something that's addressed by Jesus himself both when he says "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven".
So if a Catholic husband cheats on his wife, or if a Catholic girl has premarital sex, or if some Catholic cheats on his customers, or if some poor Catholic soul steals, or if any Catholic commits a sin, at all, he's not really a Catholic?
Wow, man, what a fucking revelation.
Catholics do not sin? They can never be wrong? They can never have independent thought? Sure it's tough being Catholic then. Hell, I didn't know the Nicene Creed had anything on gay rights. Those early Christians sure were progressive to include trans people in their prayers.

Excellent information!

Mexico and Brazil are awful because of Mexicans and Brazilians, God's got nothing to with it

The scientific method is the best thing we got. It's not perfect but it's better than just saying, "god says so."

>And yet people who call themselves catholic
Again, they can call themselves catholics, but that means fuck all. If they don't follow the teachings of the church, they aren't catholic, plain and simple.
Also, the actual data on voting patterns of catholics outright contradicts your notion. Catholics as a whole tend to be roughly in line with the population as a whole on social issues, and church-going catholics tend to be more conservative than average americans. See: pewforum.org/2008/03/27/a-portrait-of-american-catholics-on-the-eve-of-pope-benedicts-visit-to-the-us-3/#voting

>Above three films are actual films made to tell a story, belief and faith are secondary, and basically irrelevant.
You clearly haven't watched those movies.

>Again, they can call themselves catholics, but that means fuck all.
It means everything, you stupid mutt..
Literally the 'not real communism' argument with you stupid fucks.

user, you're wrong. People are a part of the Catholic church as long as they identify as such, even if their thoughts are heretical and their life choices sinful. For some reason you're acting like a puritan, unable to differentiate between being a part of the church and being saved. The two are not synonymous. In fact, what you're saying in this thread is heresy.

Brits are worse (saved Kebab ass in 1798 and 1854).

>People are a part of the Catholic church as long as they identify as such
The teachings of the church go even further. People are a part of the church even if only baptized and reject it their whole life afterwards. A gift of baptism can't be taken back after given.

>Hey dudes I'm Catholic
>I just don't abide by anything the church believes in, but because I got Baptized as an infant, haven't been to church since I was 8, and fedora my entire life since 13 it means I represent the church and all its opinions
Kill yourself

Not even a Papist, but auto-excommunication means that one is no longer considered to be a member of the Roman Catholic Church.

dont forget about the burning of the library of Alexandria
thanks Islam

Brits at least had geopolitical reasons for doing so, what the fuck was Luther's excuse?

>It means everything, you stupid mutt..
No it doesn't. If something does not fit the definition of a thing, then it is not that thing, no matter what it or others may claim. Especially in the case of a group based around ideology. Taking the "not real communism" example, if someone claimed to be communist but advocated for free markets and private property rights, then they clearly are not communist, even though they claim to be.

And it doesn't even matter, because your entire thesis of "Catholics overwhelmingly vote for left wing progressive politicians in every generation." is objectively wrong

I have watched those movies. They didn't try to encourage the viewer to believe in god, or convert, or condemn athiests or non-christians.

Above three films contain sex and violence and adult themes, were they allowed to show those movies in your group home? Or did you have to sneak out?

Attached: speshul.jpg (700x933, 60K)

>I just don't abide by anything the church believes in
>I represent the church and all its opinions
Spotted the fallacies.

Being in sin is not an excommunication.

That's exactly what "reform Catholics" do though, they shouldn't be listened to by anyone

The problem is the religion has a tendency of inviting the worst type of people. The problem is that its their own church that tells them to have more kids when they are unable to afford one. Its an enticing religion, be absolved of your sins as easy as taking a brief shower. Catholic religion is all about its members and nothing stands in the way of having more worshipers fill their seats. I get all churches do this but not to where it becomes a burden. I don't like saying this I really don't but the Catholic religion for the most part has been destroyed and its really not even the worshipers fault.

Going against teachings of Rome grants you automatic excommunication.

>People are a part of the Catholic church as long as they identify as such, even if their thoughts are heretical and their life choices sinful
Incorrect, because Latae sententiae Excommunication exists in cannon law. Anyone who advocates for abortion or same-sex relations would violate canon law 1364, and inccur such penalty. Now granted, it is without prejudice and thus if they recant they are able to return into communion with the church, but until then they are, by definition, not Catholic

>he thinks anyone in the fucking world cares about new age US Catholics
Sorry but just because your shitty country is at the center of the world (as police, arbiter and executioner) it doesn't mean it's relevant in every single aspect of global culture (e.g., philosophy, literature, religion).

>reform catholics only exist in America
Keep telling yourself that

>No it doesn't. If something does not fit the definition of a thing, then it is not that thing,
Sorry, fag.
I don't live in a world where things are defined by words written in books. I like to base my worldview on empirical observations and objective truths.
You're arguing in bad faith against me because I'm directly challenging the notion that catholics are squeaky clean and untainted by critical theory and that is an attack on your identity.
The world doesn't operate on your anal, contrived definitions. Someone doesn't have to be a completely puritanical, orthodox, by the book catholic in order to be a catholic.
Isn't one of the pillars of christianity that christians can be flawed and may deviate from the bible's teachings every now and then, whether consciously or not?

Eat a dick for your popery.

>Isn't one of the pillars of christianity that christians can be flawed and may deviate from the bible's teachings every now and then, whether consciously or not?
Sounds like heretical shit to me, in any religion

Why would you say belief and faith are secondary to 'telling a story' when a main theme of 'story' is faith? What makes you think not encouraging the viewer to believe in god makes faith and belief 'basically irrelevant'?

>I like to base my worldview on empirical observations and objective truths.
Strong words from someone who is stating shit that is objectively false, and has offered no empirical or objective evidence to prove their claim.
Unless you have some studies proving your claim that "Catholics overwhelmingly vote for left wing progressive politicians in every generation.", then everything you've said is pure rhetoric, and you can fuck off with that

The OP image is so disingenuous it gives Catholics a bad name

Attached: protestant_movies.png (2016x1024, 3.2M)

>The problem is the religion has a tendency of inviting the worst type of people

Problem? It's the function. Counteracting the basest impulses of those who only behave themselves out of fear. How is that a bad thing?

I prefer baptist documentaries. youtube.com/watch?v=typ2pl2L47k

another catholic kino:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JywE77VYpWc

>Isn't one of the pillars of christianity that christians can be flawed and may deviate from the bible's teachings every now and then, whether consciously or not?
Its one thing to be a sinner and openly admitting it, but its completely another thing to say that this sin is actually ok and approved, so not really need to be improved. Former is simply being a sinner. Latter counts as heresy and/or apostasy.
Damn it, why are you forcing me to justify Papists because of your ignorance?

>destroyed Zoroastrianism
Can wignats stop pretending Christians were ever upset about this? Read any Christian polemics of Muhammad from antiquity and despite calling him a heretic they always unanimously praise him for eradicating a pagan faith.

It becomes a problem when they use the religion as a mask and just continue on being degenerate. A crucifix on one hand and a bloody knife in the other. Don't get me wrong there are some strict Catholics I have met and in my opinion they don't even resemble the religion they worship, but a lot of them are flaky at best, like all their beliefs fly out the window when the opportunity presents itself.

I don't believe in God but never label myself as atheist because it makes you come across as an autistic redditor type.

Absolutely not you moron. A pillar is forgiveness, but that requires one to repent and recant their deviations, heresy and/or sins. You cannot actively advocate against scriptural/church teaching and be Christian, and in particular Catholic, which outright has laws which say if you do such, you are automatically excommunicated, meaning you are no longer Catholic

>I can’t pray passionately about my troubles and fears to god so instead I’ll use one a monk wrote in medieval times

I don't think he's claiming anyone at the time was upset about it, just that in hindsight, it was a far better option than what we got

Protestants are just jews but without the monopoly on banking, media and politics

Yeah because people figured out that worshipping a jew is not the right way to go about things
Ah...so the god of the gaps. Everything that can't be explained right now must be the work of god! Woah!
Christianity ruined Rome. Rome was in the height of it's power when they were worshipping hellenic deities, only after Christianity did jews mysteriously gain power, manipulate currency...etc
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU'RE A JEW IF YOU DON'T WORSHIP MY JEW GOD
cringe
>>being a pagan LARPer
>Cringe!

That's rich from the tradcath LARPer who posts on /pol/ about "muh heresy" and "DEUS VULT DEUS VULT"
Cringe tradcath LARPer
Cringe. Of course you autists love "muh deus vult" meme

Attached: 1560870960203.png (1080x1020, 475K)

>"Catholics overwhelmingly vote for left wing progressive politicians in every generation."
It's just that whoever claims this just shows their age and ignorance.
During the 60s and 70s, when Latin America was being ruled by de facto innocent-murdering governments, 98% of the Catholic institutions supported the fascist governments. Hell, some even helped in the distribution of kidnapped babies.

>pagan faith.
Majority of Christian world thought that Zoroastrianism was Monotheistic religion, because of Zurvanism.

Majority of Christian world didn't give a solitary fuck about Persian shit tbqh

A meme spread by the Anglos, because "le ebil ASSpain"

Dude they are literally a theocracy. The reason they make movies is because they aren't a war torn shitholes. Even Saudis make Islamic war kinos about Muslims fighting the Persians and Romans. The reason you don't see movies from certain Muslim countries isn't because of their religion. It's literally because they are war torn and poor.
youtu.be/8cxLxb4Bexs

Attached: MV5BOGY4YjMyNmMtYjVkZi00MTVkLWE2OTItMWQzMDVkODg5OWQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDYyODQyMjM@._V1_.jpg (433x650, 53K)

Protestants reeeeeee with The passion of Christ because a lot of reason, protestants are fucking lame and just cannot process kino.

No they didn't. Zoroastrianism was always a dualistic faith and perceived as such. Pagan just means non Abrahamic in Christian terms.

>kvetching this hard

>Zoroastrianism was always a dualistic faith and perceived as such
Zurvanism wasnt considered as such
>non Abrahamic
>Based retard unironically thinks that church uses the meme term "abrahamic" at all, or grants any kind of legitimacy to pisslam and judaism.
Pagan means unorganised religion without sacred scriptures, mainly spread amongst rural folks, you dumb cretin.

Christians most certainly acknowledge Jews as a former people of God and their only objection to them is that they aren't the true Jews. As for Judaism they literally have the Hebrew Bible as part of of their traditions
>pagan is just for people who have no scriptures
>Paganism (from classical Latin pāgānus "rural, rustic", later "civilian") is a term first used in the fourth century by early Christians for people in the Roman Empire who practiced polytheism.
As for Islam it highly depends on the sect.
Pic related.

Attached: pope-on-muslims-1024x547.jpg (1024x547, 91K)

is this a sexy priest thread?

Attached: 10.jpg (1300x1803, 237K)

holy mother of seethe

>You're a jew if you don't worship my jew god

Based. Modern day Catholicism is exactly what he wanted and he got it

>Christians most certainly acknowledge Jews as a former people of God and their only objection to them is that they aren't the true Jews. As for Judaism they literally have the Hebrew Bible as part of of their traditions
A) Former is a keyword here
B)And it means absolutely nothing. Bahais have the Koran as part of their scripture but no one considers them to be muslims.
>>Paganism (from classical Latin pāgānus "rural, rustic", later "civilian") is a term first used in the fourth century by early Christians for people in the Roman Empire who practiced polytheism.
Thats literally what I have stated you faggot. Learn to read entire sentences.
>Pic Related
Yes, because every human being is child of God, made in His image and likeness. God addresses humans in psalms and says "I have said ye are gods and all of you are children of the most high" (Psalm 82:5). This is, what it is meant that entire mankind is eachothers brothers and sisters. And this, certainly, doesnt grant legitimacy to degenerate teachings such as Islam.

>Martin Scorsese
>Divorced 4 times
>Made one heretical movie and one blasphemous movie
>Catholic

Imagine thinking all Protestants are Southern Baptist/Evangelicals....

>still pushing this angle
Seeth and dilate

>As if Calvinists and Anglicans aren't gay as fuck in their own regard

Cringe

Cinema was invented by an American Protestant born in Kentucky

Attached: ED5EC295-EC9C-4905-813F-6E7D847F40B2.jpg (484x600, 40K)

Wait actually he was a Methodist

Methodists are an Anglican sect.

>schism
>good

You disgusting heathen. You literal swine. WHO had kept the eternal jew at bay, under their heel until your insectuous, subversive jewlike kind decided that "religion bad, Christianity bad"? Why does the fall of Christianity directly correlate the rise of the Shabbat and the ever increasing jewish influence in Western societies? WHO has been naming the Jew for these past 2 millenniums? Certainly not pagan LARP-ers. WHO has been doing the Jew's dirty work by trying to tackle down Christianity? Again, your brethrens. As for the aesthetics of architecture, I think you're quite delusional, "my friend". Christianity is basically Rome's religion, as such it would have influence from what it created it, but Paganism? Please. And do not try to weasel yourself out with "Hellenism", you disgusting snow nigger. We both know modern day paganism is just following the comic book interpretations of Thor and Odin (the actual cum guzzler) and fantasies book for children. Because you faggots definitely do not follow the mud hut, stick building society that was the Nordic one before Christianity uplifted them from degenerate sex addicted hippies into a thriving culture of warriors and builders. And the fall of Christianity in this region, again, directly correlates with them returning back to their gutless roots.

Attached: 67059973_2379451188973085_9133909793051356143_n.jpg (728x728, 64K)

Attached: faith-under-fire-lesbian-bishop-remove-crosses-from-church-plan-56935942[1].png (500x502, 134K)

>Sweden
>Lutheran
Perfect match really

Well anyway he basically Invented the format for the contemporary techniques of relaying visual information that even stuff like visual commercials, advertisements, trailers, and even feature films in the modern era still use today. And basically every film he made was religious. Yes, Americans invented cinema. They made their kindly old warm pictures with impossible revelatory truth explosions and the Europeans almost instantly perverted it.

Yeah, and those retarded niggers larping as Israelites are the real jews

>Americans invented cinema
Not so fast there Americunt, Australia had the first feature length film

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU'RE A TRANNY IF YOU DON'T WORSHIP MY JEWISH GOD

Attached: 1566865837796.png (785x1000, 254K)

>still pushing it

The real answer is because Protestantism believes artistic ostentation is Catholic and decadent and wishes to cultivate austerity of body and mind

youtube.com/watch?v=bzVHjg3AqIQ

I will continue to push it whether you like it or not.

it is a sin for muslim to portray anything that is part of god's creation, so they pretty much can't
iran gets a pass